I’m off to serve jury duty today.

I am not a happy camper.

This would be my first time getting called for jury duty. Do you think if I brought cookies they would just let me leave? Or maybe since I have a public blog they will send me home?

While I’m in the business of complaining, I thought I’d remind you how much I hate being an adult. I really don’t like growing up.  And jury duty is a grown up thing. Right there next to doing dishes, folding laundry, dusting, saving money and eating vegetables.

Growing up is not for me.

Grown ups usually don’t eat cookie dough.

In fact, they usually tell their kids to stay away from the dough.

Well, I ate some dough. Raw eggs and all.

I wouldn’t be surprised if salmonella is what gets me out of jury duty, no?

But it would be so worth it. First off, because I really don’t want to sit in a room all day without internet access. I have this thing called an… addiction. And second, because the dough is just so delicious.

Dare I say it’s better than the actual cookie itself?

Dried cherries remind me of northern Michigan. I think I’ve mentioned that approximately 43 times over the last year.

Every time I cook or bake with them it takes me back to my childhood.

So when I made these this past weekend and then ate 5 in a row, I was really taken back to my childhood.

And I was really full.

Cherries and Cream Cookies

makes about 24 cookies

1 cup butter, at room temperature

3/4 cup sugar

2 eggs

1 teaspoon vanilla

2 tablespoons heavy cream

2 1/2 cups flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon sea salt

1/2 cup dried cherries

1/2 cup white chocolate chips

Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time and mix until combined. Stir in vanilla and heavy cream. Add flour, baking soda and salt and mix until dough just comes together. Fold in cherries and chocolate chips.

Refrigerate for at least 4-6 hours, or overnight.

When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until cookies are set and golden around the edges.

If you’ve ever wondered how I “bake so much” when it’s just the two of us – check out my tips on baking for two!

81 Responses to “Cherries and Cream Cookies.”

Tabitha (From Single to Married) — August 31, 2010 @ 4:00 am

wow – definitely going to try that recipe! Have fun at jury duty, btw. :(

Lauren at KeepItSweet — August 31, 2010 @ 4:02 am

ugh I postponed jury duty to this fall and am dreading it! good luck!

Lynn @ The Next Chapter — August 31, 2010 @ 4:04 am

What a great combo – cherries & white chocolate. Mmm mmm! Those looks yummy.

Lizzy @ LBBakes — August 31, 2010 @ 4:05 am

These look great – I love anything with cherries. And heavy cream usually helps things out, too. ;)

Kristen @ That Hoosier Girl — August 31, 2010 @ 4:07 am

Dried cherries and white chocolate chips in the same cookie?! I think you’ve just given me the recipe for true love!

Have fun at jury duty! I got called only a couple of weeks after I turned 18 in high school. Fun times…fun times.

Kait — August 31, 2010 @ 4:11 am

Yum!! I’ve made cranberry/white chocolate cookies, but I’m sure these would be just as tasty…plus the addition of cream sounds like a dream!

Nicole @ Making Good Choices — August 31, 2010 @ 4:14 am

I would say these would def get you out of jury duty!! yum!

amanda — August 31, 2010 @ 4:17 am

Have fun on jury duty, I have never had to serve. The one time I got called up I was overseas and didn’t have to do it. But I was also risking my life in Iraq….so I think I would have rather did jury duty. lol BTW, those cookies look delicious like always!

Blond Duck — August 31, 2010 @ 4:19 am

My mom would love these. She’s addicted to cherries.

Marina — August 31, 2010 @ 4:20 am

Oh my how those cookies look delicious!
    Have fun with the jury :D

Nicole, RD — August 31, 2010 @ 4:22 am

500% sure I’m making those cookies…stat!

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg — August 31, 2010 @ 4:31 am

Jury duty?!? Boo!!!!!!

Bribe the judge with these cookies!! :-)

Erica — August 31, 2010 @ 4:36 am

I had to go to jury duty once…lame. We sat in a room for a few hours and then they dismissed us all. I hope the same happens for you!!! I love cherries (dried, fresh, you name it). So does Josh- he actually ordered cherry macadamia nut pancakes out this week- amazing. These look fantastic

Estela @ Weekly Bite — August 31, 2010 @ 4:43 am

Bummer about Jury duty :( I’ve never had before either…

Those cookies should be your ticket out though :)

Joanna Sutter (Fitness & Spice) — August 31, 2010 @ 4:45 am

I have not been a cherry fan UNTIL this summer…I’ve been missing out!

p.s. Thanks for the tips on baking for 2…I bake for 1 but have the appetite of 2 so your tips come in handy!

Kim in MD — August 31, 2010 @ 4:51 am

I love dried cherries in cookies! Your cookie recipe looks amazing, and I will definately be making these!

Regarding jury duty- I have had it twice and both times got chosen for a trial! I thought it would be horrible, but it is actually very interesting to see our judicial process up close and personal. It is also interesting to hold someone’s future in your hands when you deliberate the verdict with a room full of total strangers. I think if you get picked to serve as a juror you will find it very fascinating. If you don’t get picked for a trail, you will feel like it is such a waste of good quality internet time! :-)

• Kim in MD — August 31st, 2010 @ 4:52 am

Ooops-meant to say in the last line-”if you don’t get picked for a trial”! :-)

Mr. How Sweet It Is — August 31, 2010 @ 5:07 am

Alex Trebek: “5 tasks my wife will never, ever attempt let alone complete.”

Me: What are, “doing dishes, folding laundry, dusting, saving money and eating vegetables?”

AT: Correct. We would have also accepted “clean the bathroom” in there as well. Go again.

Me: *sigh*

Erica — August 31, 2010 @ 5:07 am

Never got called for jury duty. Hopefully it goes well for you! Those cookies look so good. Wish I could have one for breakfast!

MelissaNibbles — August 31, 2010 @ 5:15 am

Good luck at jury duty. Bring a book or magazine!

Kylie @ A Hungry Spoon — August 31, 2010 @ 5:16 am

These look fantastic! I visited Northern Michigan for the first time last summer, and it was like cherry heaven up there! My favorite find? They sold locally-made Chocolate Cherry Peanut Butter. Yum :)

Hopefully jury duty goes better than expected!

Rachel (Two Healthy Plates) — August 31, 2010 @ 5:17 am

I’ve never been called either, hopefully that day will never come.

Cherries in cookies sound fantastic!

Cindy Coniglio — August 31, 2010 @ 5:20 am

Ohh… Jess! You can always make me laugh. Your humor is so fun to see every morning I get to work. Anyway, Cant wait to see you next weekend and I want your best version of “Better Than Crack Brownies”. Good luck today.

Jil — August 31, 2010 @ 5:42 am

Yum – those cookies look delicious!!

Kristy — August 31, 2010 @ 5:53 am

Oh no you didnt! :-)

Sophie @ yumventures — August 31, 2010 @ 5:58 am

OMG those look amazing. I just had chocolate covered dried cherries this weekend – I don’t even like cherries, but I think dried cherries have suddenly won me over :) I ate about a million of them!

The Blue-Eyed Bakers — August 31, 2010 @ 6:05 am

Aw if only cookies could get you out of jury duty! Well if any could, then these would…they look amazing! Dried cherries & white chocolate!? Perfection!

Kara @ MyWellnest — August 31, 2010 @ 6:10 am

I can’t decide which I want more…the cookie dough or the actual cookie!

Good luck with jury duty!!!

Ellen@FirednFabulous — August 31, 2010 @ 6:15 am

These look yum! I love cherries. And yes, jury duty is the WORST. I did it a few months ago and got out of it bc I’m unemployed/working as a freelancer. But you would not BELIEVE the excuses people gave to get out of it–one lady said she had a hair cut appointment! It really got ridiculous.

Matt — August 31, 2010 @ 6:28 am

Those look great!

Have fun at jury duty ;)

Courtney @ Bread & Bokeh — August 31, 2010 @ 6:32 am

I am from Michigan and tried cherries always remind me of trips up north to Traverse City! I am definitely going to have to try these cookies in the winter when I am missing Summer trips up north!!!

Madeline - Greens and Jeans — August 31, 2010 @ 6:46 am

I always eat some of the cookie dough. No raw eggs have ever stood in my way!

Sara — August 31, 2010 @ 7:09 am

Would you consider it a bad thing to make these without the dried cherries? Not that I have anything against cherries…but I like mine fresh. The batter sounds fantastic!

Camille — August 31, 2010 @ 7:13 am

These sound divine! I always eat the cookie dough and think it tastes better than the actual cookie. Oh, and I hate growing up too and saving money. If I see something that’s on sale that I’ve been wanting for a while, I buy it. After all, it’s on sale so I am saving money, right? Right! :)

Wei-Wei — August 31, 2010 @ 7:16 am

I don’t know what jury duty is… ah, the joys of being a kid. ;)

Seglare — August 31, 2010 @ 7:20 am

Oh, these cookies look so delicious!! :) I really wonder if a vegan version of them would turn out well.

Oh, and don’t worry: I just wrote a post this morning admitting I prefer cookie dough over actual cookies, too. I guess there are plenty of us. ;)

Heather — August 31, 2010 @ 7:25 am

in celebration of your going to jury duty, I will be watching the SATC episode where Carrie goes to jury duty, while she is dating Berger, and that man keeps bringing weird produce to the courthouse.

And they movie star kiss on the steps. aw. it’s been far too long since I’ve watched SATC.

i have an idea.
    you. come over. bring these cookies.
    i’ll make drinks. and wear a party dress.
    then we can sit on my bed, most likely with laptops open, and watch SATC eps together.

sounds good, right?
    so…what time does jury duty get out?

Heather (Heather's Dish) — August 31, 2010 @ 7:33 am

2 things:

i am making these this week.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAH what am i going to DO today now?!

Yum Yucky — August 31, 2010 @ 7:41 am

I wanna eat the raw dough.

Naomi(oneFF) — August 31, 2010 @ 8:06 am

ahh i hope it isnt too bad and you get outta there soon!!! and I hope you brought some of those cookies to keep you busy because they look UHMAZINGGGGGGGG

Ashley — August 31, 2010 @ 8:08 am

Wow!! These look like the softest, creamiest cookies ever!!! I might have to leave out the cherries though…don’t kill me ;) Something about dried fruit in cookies…not a fan! Good luck at jury duty..Your google reader is going to be out of control when you get home ;)

Angela — August 31, 2010 @ 8:25 am

Where was this recipe when I was baking this weekend?!?! These look out-of-this world. I have no reason to bake tonight, or this week since I’m going out of town on Thursday, but I guess it wouldn’t hurt to have some snacks for the road. As always, you’ve outdone yourself! :)

Jessica@tastyandtrim — August 31, 2010 @ 8:33 am

Those cookies look heavenly! I attempted to make chocolate cherry cookies earlier this summer and accidently used mint chocolate chips rather than regular semi-sweet. I have to try this recipe and make up for the other :)

Kacy — August 31, 2010 @ 9:05 am

I’m terrified of jury duty. I’ve escaped it so far, but I’m sure my day will come.

Hopefully you don’t have to go for very long!

Cookies look great :)

Mackenzie@The Caramel Cookie — August 31, 2010 @ 9:13 am

I’m not a fan of white chocolate by itself but I looooove it in cookies. I bet its great with the cherries!

The Duo Dishes — August 31, 2010 @ 9:20 am

Oh jury duty. Yuck. If there’s any way to get out of it, we’ve all tried. :) Next time, just take them a bunch of cookies. You should be off the hook!

Rebecca — August 31, 2010 @ 9:48 am

oh my gosh! the cookie dough looks scrumptiousss :) too bad it’s not vegan.. i’d love to make these!

Megan — August 31, 2010 @ 10:08 am

Yuck for Jury Duty…but YUM for these delicious cookies! And I am def. one of those who falls for the cookie dough. So hard to resist!

Kristina @ spabettie — August 31, 2010 @ 10:12 am

I hope by the time I am writing this (I’m assuming you’re 3 hours ahead of me… at least 2…) it will be lunch break and you will be on your way home!

Jason was called for jury duty once. He was a drummer in many bands during college, and he dug up the scraggiest BAND SHIRT he could find, and wore it with jeans.

DISMISSED IMMEDIATELY. ;) They actually questioned him though, and I think it was his answers to the questions that let him go though…

I hope you don’t even get to the questioning portion – and can just go home :)

These cookies look SO good. The white chocolate chips are key, and I’m not a big white chocolate fan… I just immediately thought of them when I saw cherry.

eatmovelove — August 31, 2010 @ 10:26 am

I need to check out those TIPS! Thanks.

Sandy a la Mode — August 31, 2010 @ 10:31 am

awwww hope you get out of jury duty, praying for u!!! mmmm i love raw cookie dough!!

1. Pingback: Odpu Blog

2. Pingback: Gift It | delectable living

3. Pingback: Cherries & Cream Cookies | Foodbeast Cherries & Cream Cookies | Because We're Hungry.

4. Pingback: Blog is the New Black » Blog Archive » White Chocolate Cherry Cookies