I don’t have many words about this concoction.

I love cobblers, and when I discovered there was such a thing as chocolate cobbler? I just about lost my marbles. How could something so wonderful exist? Whoever created this recipe had me in mind. No doubt.

I imagined pieces of chocolate and your typical “dough.” Never did I think it was 100% chock full of chocolate goodness.

Clearly I couldn’t contain myself.

I ate most of it right out of the dish.

Though it is fabulous when hot and mixed with cold ice cream.

And not only is is scrumptious, but it is so easy.  It’s fast too.

There is only one way I can describe this dessert: batter. It is like brownie batter or cake batter, mixed with fluffy cake and chewy brownies all in one.

It might be the most sinful dessert I ever made. My thighs agree.

Chocolate Cobbler

from Taste of Home

1 cup flour

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder

1/2 cup sugar

2 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup cocoa powder

1/2 cup milk

3 tablespoons vegetable oil

1 cup packed brown sugar

1-3/4 cups hot water

Preheat oven to 350.

In a bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking powder sugar and 2 tablespoons cocoa. Stir in milk and oil. Pour into a baking dish – I used an 8-inch oval. Combine the brown sugar and remaining cocoa and sprinkle over batter. Pour hot water over top (do not stir). Bake for 40-45 minutes.

This rocked my socks off.

You have to try it this weekend. Or just make it for breakfast.

138 Responses to “Chocolate Cobbler.”

App store SEO — April 26, 2012 @ 6:56 pm

This is awesome poste for a long time i ‘ve ever read. Can i have your contact please? I have somthing to ask over. Merci.

Amanda G. — July 23, 2012 @ 4:50 pm

This is the best recipe in the entire universe. Especially when served hot, next to a scoop of cookies n’ cream ice cream. YUMMMMMMMMMM

Amy — August 25, 2012 @ 6:33 pm

I have just found my new go to site when I want to make a something, usually sweet for me. I have flagged 5 recipes and one is in the oven already! Thank you so much! keep the sweet coming.
    Amy

Stacy — October 5, 2012 @ 9:52 pm

This looks amazing! Sharing with my Facebook followers. I think it’s gonna be the perfect winter dessert here in Alaska.

Nathalie — March 14, 2013 @ 11:18 am

Thank you so much for this recipe! I just tasted it right from the oven and it’s AMAZING! I haven’t any ice cream at home right now but even so I just love it.

Mary — June 24, 2013 @ 3:47 pm

Thank you for your blog! I love it, could have written it myself – you think like one of us women who adores food and loves to nourish our naughty self, the one that loves decadent, mature audience food that is not out of a dried up box.

Thank you and looking forward to more!
    Mary

Sam — July 17, 2013 @ 12:39 am

I was craving chocolate like crazy (6 months pregnant). I just put this together way too fast at almost midnight. I’m so excited to try it!!

Shelly — December 19, 2013 @ 5:40 pm

Am I a horrible person that I want to add chocolate chips to the batter for texture?

• Jenny Ly — April 3rd, 2014 @ 12:46 am

No, I did too thinking the same thing but the long baking time didn’t allow for the texture change unfortunately :/ I also tried to eyeball 1/3 this recipe and baked it in a deep creme brulee/souffle ramekin so when it first came out it seemed waaayy too watery, but if you let it sit for a while it’ll become deliciously thick and rich :) Also, the recipe doesn’t mention buttering or greasing your ramekin/dish but you definitely should! You don’t want to be scraping off chocolate cobbler from the bottom of your dish like I did :P