Way back when, I made this delicious banana bread with chocolate chips.

It really is the best banana bread I have ever had.

This time around I made a few changes, along with adding lots of peanut butter.

If there was ever a way to get me to eat banana bread even quicker, this is it.

How is it possible that banana bread only lasts 24 hours in our house?

Especially when Mr. How Sweet doesn’t even like banana bread. He only likes green bananas. I know. He’s weird.

Which leaves only one culprit for eating the banana bread.

But I just couldn’t help it.

I am not exaggerating one bit when I say this will become your go-to, favorite banana bread.

And I think you should try it.

Because then I won’t feel so alone.

Peanut Butter Banana Bread

1 teaspoon vanilla

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon baking powder

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 cup peanut butter chips

Preheat oven to 350.

Cream butter, cream cheese, and peanut butter until smooth. Add brown sugar, egg and vanilla, mixing well for about 2-3 minutes. Mix in bananas and heavy cream until smooth. Add flour, baking soda and baking powder and mix until combined. Fold in peanut butter chips.

Pour batter in a greased loaf pan and bake for 60-70 minutes.

My secret is to just cut really thick slices of banana bread. That way, you don’t really eat as much.

Help.

105 Responses to “Peanut Butter Banana Bread.”

Matt — August 20, 2010 @ 3:58 am

Looks delicious :)

Estela @ Weekly Bite — August 20, 2010 @ 4:17 am

PB, Banana is the perfect combo!

Julie @ Pickley Pear — August 20, 2010 @ 4:19 am

I could probably eat the whole loaf in one sitting. Going to make it tonight!!

Nicole @ Making Good Choices — August 20, 2010 @ 4:33 am

I usually go for making muffins because they are single serving, but this bread looks so moist (hate that word) that I want to try a loaf. I bet this is amazing with peanut spread on top of it too!

mags — August 20, 2010 @ 5:03 am

I love the addition of peanut butter chips! Pure genius.

Kristin (Cook, Bake and Nibble)) — August 20, 2010 @ 5:09 am

You had me at peanut butter banana. Mmmmm… ;)

xo
    Kris

marla {family fresh cooking} — August 20, 2010 @ 5:23 am

CREAM, BUTTER, CREAM CHEESE & BANANAS!!! Oh my. Girl, you just keep getting better and better with your recipes. I love this. There is no way this would stick around long at all:) xo

Wei-Wei — August 20, 2010 @ 5:25 am

Mmmmmm. Can’t you make low-fat banana bread by lowering the butter? Not to mention you added PB, too… Hmm. Have to give it a try.

alison — August 20, 2010 @ 5:26 am

This looks great! I’m so excited to connect with you! Love your site!

Lauren at KeepItSweet — August 20, 2010 @ 5:30 am

I never put cream cheese in my banana bread before. This recipe looks really good!

• Lauren at KeepItSweet — August 20th, 2010 @ 5:31 am

Does this have more of a pound cake texture than typical banana bread?

• Jessica — August 20th, 2010 @ 5:38 am

Nope! It is just like banana bread, maybe even more moist.

Kim in MD — August 20, 2010 @ 5:33 am

This looks SO good! I agree with Mr. How Sweet about bananas-I can only eat them when they are slightly ripe. Once they get ripe, I freeze them to make banana bread whenever the craving strikes. My favorite recipe has sour cream in it (which makes it super moist). The cream cheese and heavy cream in this recipe probably have the same effect, and I love the addition of peanut butter! I can’t wait to try your recipe…thanks, Jessica!

Have a great weekend! :-)

• Jessica — August 20th, 2010 @ 5:39 am

The original recipe from Chez Us has sour cream in it, I’ve made it before and it is delicious. I didn’t have any on hand which is why I added the heavy cream – just as good!

Heather — August 20, 2010 @ 5:37 am

girl, it’s all about the thick slices. and you had me at peanut butter.

you should call this elvis bread, then butter it up, grill it, and put more PB and bananas on there!

Rachel (Two Healthy Plates) — August 20, 2010 @ 5:57 am

oh man, what a great combo – I love love love anything PB and banana. This would make a great treat for breakfast!

Mackenzie@The Caramel Cookie — August 20, 2010 @ 5:57 am

I like the idea of adding cream cheese in there–I have never made it with that before. Peanut butter and banana makes such a great combo!

Kara @ MyWellnest — August 20, 2010 @ 5:58 am

Banana bread does not last long in my house either!

Fit Chick in the City — August 20, 2010 @ 6:07 am

This looks amazing! I actually have plans of making banana bread today myself!

newlywed — August 20, 2010 @ 6:11 am

Mmmm! I tried pluncking some peanut butter cups in my banana bread last month…a little bit less than successful. I shall give this a try! Elvis would approve :)

Brittany — August 20, 2010 @ 6:11 am

Your a genius!

Although, I don’t think I need a way to make me eat banana bread any faster because I already devour it quite quickly. :)

Brittany — August 20, 2010 @ 6:12 am

**and by your i mean you’re.

Lizzy @ LBBakes — August 20, 2010 @ 6:13 am

I love a recipe that calls for both whole wheat flour and cream cheese. :)

Heather @ Side of Sneakers — August 20, 2010 @ 6:15 am

I don’t know that I really need a reason to eat banana bread faster, but adding peanut butter would definitely do it for me. ;) I usually slather my banana bread in pb anyways, so this would save a step ;)

Eunice — August 20, 2010 @ 6:16 am

Cream cheese AND peanut butter?? Will you marry me? :)

Erica — August 20, 2010 @ 6:25 am

Banana bread is sooo delicious. The sweetness from the bananas makes it feel more decadent than it is. Looks like yours turned out perfectly. Happy Friday

Jessica@tastyandtrim — August 20, 2010 @ 6:30 am

I was planning on making banana bread this weekend. I might just have to make this recipe! I love peanut butter with bananas :)

Christina — August 20, 2010 @ 6:40 am

My husband and I LOVE banana bread. I usually make mine with chocolate chips, never tried it with peanut butter! Looks delicious :)

Kristina — August 20, 2010 @ 7:25 am

HA HA HA … if you don’t cut it at all YOU ONLY EAT ONE PIECE !! ;)

I have to say, I share something in common with Mr How Sweet – I only eat green bananas. If there is ONE brown spot I will not eat it (I’ll turn it into soft serve or add it to my smoothie – will not eat plain).

and you did NOT put cream cheese in here too???

banana bread doesn’t even last a day in our house… this will have bites out of it before it is completely out of the oven!! :)

I AM making this…

Camille — August 20, 2010 @ 7:37 am

Oh man, banana bread is one of my many vices. This may top even normal banana bread!

Chicago Cuisine Critique — August 20, 2010 @ 7:39 am

Looks awesome!

kay (eating machine) — August 20, 2010 @ 7:40 am

your husband only likes green bananas?
    sometimes i wonder if our husbands are secret brothers.

Holly @ couchpotatoathlete — August 20, 2010 @ 7:44 am

I love banana bread, but for some reason I have never added peanut butter or peanut butter chips. What is the matter with me??? This looks so delicious!

And how can Mr. Sweet only eat green bananas? Those aren’t even edible!

Madeline - Greens and Jeans — August 20, 2010 @ 7:47 am

Adding cream cheese just sounds like pure genius. And a foolproof way to get me to eat an entire loaf of banana bread in one sitting.

The Blue-Eyed Bakers — August 20, 2010 @ 7:56 am

Oh a girl after our hearts. Peanut butter in banana bread!? GENIUS!

Melissa (MelissaLikesToEat) — August 20, 2010 @ 8:02 am

I’m always looking for a new banana bread recipe to use up all those squishy nanners!

Eliana — August 20, 2010 @ 8:05 am

If I made this, it wouldn’t last very long at my house either!

Angela — August 20, 2010 @ 8:07 am

Hahaha! Cutting bigger slices is the best way to ensure portion control ;)

But in all seriousness it is a good tip. If I cut my slices too thin I end up going back for multiple slices. I never think to you PB with banana but it seems so obvious now – they are so good together. Banana bread is definitely one of the greatest bread recipes around.

Kacy — August 20, 2010 @ 8:09 am

Peanut butter and peanut butter chips? I wouldn’t have lasted one hour with that thing. I’d be hovered in the corner with a fork and the entire pan whimpering in defeat.

Caitlin — August 20, 2010 @ 8:18 am

Green bananas? There is nothing I hate MORE.

Mr. How Sweet if it wasn’t for our shared love for the Captain, I’d have to disown you.

Jess, if it wasn’t for the poundcake my mother just so lovingly bought that I can’t keep my hands off, I’d be making that NOW. Perhaps tomorrow.

Kristy — August 20, 2010 @ 8:20 am

Bananas and Peanut Butter are match made in heaven! I totally have some PB morsals I could put in this, Yummm.

Lori @ RecipeGirl — August 20, 2010 @ 8:20 am

I’m so making this!

Jil — August 20, 2010 @ 8:21 am

Dear God! This sounds absolutely incredible…I thought my love for banana bread knew no bounds..but this recipe looks like it’ll expand those boundaries.

Jessica — August 20, 2010 @ 8:48 am

Big slices are a stroke of genius! Of course it only counts as one piece – it is basic logic. :)

Thanks for the recipe, Jessica!

Mary (What's Cookin' with Mary) — August 20, 2010 @ 8:49 am

Hi Jessica! I’ve seen your comments all around the ‘sphere and yesterday I finally clicked over and totally read almost all of your old posts and LOVED every minute of it. hehe So first… HI! I’m Mary. Nice to *meet* you!! :D Just wanted to introduce myself.

I must say, I used to make my *famous* whole wheat chocolate chip naner bread, but how does whole wheat peanut butter chocolate chip banana bread sound? WOW! What a great idea you had! We have similar probs at my house. Things like banana bread NEVER last longer than 48 hours. VEIRD! lol Mr. What’s Cookin’ is a bottomless pit also ;) People have asked me if we eat the entire recipe of things I post on the blog (or if we have tons of leftovers – the answer is… nope!). The answer is YES, yes we do usually eat it all. If it says it serves 3-4, that means me and Mr. What’s Cookin’ had a great feast.

Woops! I wrote a novel. Anyway, nice to meet you and can’t wait to see what comes out of your kitchen!! -Mary

Nicole, RD — August 20, 2010 @ 9:02 am

PB and banana is a combination that can never go wrong! Mmm! Can’t wait to try!

Jenna — August 20, 2010 @ 10:55 am

Peanut butter, heavy cream, cream cheese and pb chips? It’s like I died and went to foodie heaven.

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) — August 20, 2010 @ 10:57 am

that looks insanely good! i have a recipe for a PB banana bread. it’s vegan and GF so it’s really heavy…no eggs and no wheat flour, just almond flour, so it’s kinda like eating something so rich you feel it for days in your belly but it’s sooo worth it LOL

I want you to move here and cook for me :)

Meghan — August 20, 2010 @ 11:13 am

Regular banana bread doesn’t last long in my house, but add PB chips? Genius. Now I know what I am going to do with the bag sitting in my freezer.

Melanie — August 20, 2010 @ 11:21 am

#1) Your photos are fabulous.

#2) This banana bread sound so unusually delightful. I love the peanut butter/cream cheese additions!

Naomi(onefitfoodie) — August 20, 2010 @ 11:32 am

this is just WRONG. bahhhh i want some!!! I absolutely DIE for banana bread and mixed with PB?!?! pure torture!

Biz — August 20, 2010 @ 11:40 am

My MIL’s banana bread is my go to – it has a cup of oil AND two sticks of butter – what’s not to love?!

Happy Friday Jessica!

april — August 20, 2010 @ 12:13 pm

PB, Banana, and Bread all in one?? Heaven!

1. Pingback: Tweets that mention Peanut Butter Banana Bread. | How Sweet It Is -- Topsy.com

2. Pingback: Perfect Combo « Tasty and trim's Blog

3. Pingback: Jessica’s Peanut Butter Banana Bread « Heather's Dish

4. Pingback: this bread, is bananas, «

5. Pingback: Banana “Nut” Bread || Kilee's Kitchen : Kilee Johnson's Blog

6. Pingback: Cooking Challenge Day #63 – Peanut Butter Banana Bread « Ella Rose Entertaining

7. Pingback: tryitandseeblog