This may be my new favorite snack.

I found the recipe on Eating Well but kept it a bit on the healthier side so I could have it daily.

What I really mean is that I left out the rum. I know, where is the fun in that?

I must have lost my mind.

I get excited about this snack because it is one that Mr. How Sweet won’t steal.

He isn’t really into bananas. I think he’s an alien.

He also isn’t into Greek yogurt. He only likes yogurt that tastes like fake strawberry ice cream. Gag me with a spoon.

He must not ever pay attention when I speak because if he did, he would know how much protein is in Greek yogurt, and we all know he’d be all over that.

Roasted Bananas with Chocolate Yogurt Cream

adapted from Eating Well

Serves 2

2 bananas, cup in half, then sliced lengthwise

2 tablespoons brown sugar

1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

1/2 cup greek yogurt

1/2 tablespoon honey

1 teaspoon cocoa powder

Preheat oven to 400.

Add bananas to a small baking dish, top with brown sugar and cinnamon and roast until golden brown, about 15-20 minutes. While bananas are roasting, combine yogurt, cocoa and honey and mix until smooth.

Remove bananas and let cool about 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate and top with yogurt.

I’m thinking I want to try the roasted bananas over ice cream. Or even oatmeal. Or in a sandwich.

And I could add some bacon too. Elvis would be proud.

Make sure you are checking out Fit Bites to see what I’m up to on vacation!

37 Responses to “Roasted Bananas with Chocolate Yogurt Cream.”

Matt — August 1, 2010 @ 5:32 am

Looks like a great breakfast! Where is the bacon?

Angela @ A Healthy Fit — August 1, 2010 @ 5:48 am

I’ve never tried roasted banana’s. I’m not sure I would like the consistency, because I get very weird about bananas. No brown spots, thank you! Maybe I’ll have to try though, because this looks delish!

Heather — August 1, 2010 @ 5:48 am

oh my…i don’t really LOVE bananas but i’d be all over this. anytime you can use any type of sugar to roast something, i’m game!

Marina — August 1, 2010 @ 5:56 am

I adore bananas , and this seems like an awesome combo!
    Roasted fruit is great, specially paired with some cold yogurt or ice cream

Camille — August 1, 2010 @ 6:11 am

This looks amazing! I’ve never tried roasted bananas but there’s a first time for everything. :)

Wei-Wei — August 1, 2010 @ 6:20 am

Yum! I think roasted bananas would be a great oatmeal topper. :) Oh, and I can’t believe Mr How Sweet doesn’t like Greek yogurt. HORROR!

Wei-Wei

Camille — August 1, 2010 @ 6:33 am

I want to eat this always.

CaSaundra — August 1, 2010 @ 6:34 am

I could never imagine not liking bananas–they go GREAT in so many things..just means more for you I guess! :-)

april — August 1, 2010 @ 7:08 am

That sounds so good! it’d be a good pre or post workout snack too!

A Teenage Gourmet — August 1, 2010 @ 7:10 am

They don’t look very pretty, but I’m sure they taste good! :)

Liz @ Tip Top Shape — August 1, 2010 @ 7:18 am

omg God this looks good. I am making this! And adding the bacon :-D

Kristina — August 1, 2010 @ 7:43 am

wow… once again, YUM.

someone was talking about roasted bananas just yesterday – and I wondered how… and then you do this for me!! :)

tanyasDailyProductReviews — August 1, 2010 @ 7:52 am

that would be a fun breakfast choice

Bianca @ Confessions of a Chocoholic — August 1, 2010 @ 9:20 am

My mouth is watering! What a perfect dessert/snack/meal ;)

Eliana — August 1, 2010 @ 9:51 am

This looks like THE perfect snack :)

Kimberly — August 1, 2010 @ 10:07 am

When I lived in Brazil, my host mom would put bananas in the oven with the peels STILL ON! It amazed me. They would turn all black on the peel and look disgusting, but you open them up to this perfectly roast banana. Of course we then drowned them in sugar, cinnamon and chocolate chip ice cream :-)

Yum.

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) — August 1, 2010 @ 11:07 am

These look sooo easy! And good! Honestly, I never roast bananas. I freeze, flambe, blend, dehydrate, foster/ignite them, use in recipes, but never just roast. I am totally doing this!! The crazy thing is that fresh bananas are icky to me! weird, i know.

Omg my night. Wow. Crazy but worked out.

Jackie (Peaces of Earth) — August 1, 2010 @ 11:33 am

Yum!!! I grilled bananas yesterday and was reminded of how good ooey gooey cooked bananas are. I need to try grilling them!!

megan — August 1, 2010 @ 12:12 pm

This actually sounds amazing! And being healthy is a plus. I can see me eating this as a dessert, breakfast, or just a snack. Excellent recipe!

Ellen @FirednFabulous — August 1, 2010 @ 12:34 pm

This looks heavenly!! And sounds pretty easy to make…even for me ;)

Amanda — August 1, 2010 @ 1:01 pm

I think is this one of those I would have to try… even though I love bananas and chocolate, I’m not sure I can wrap my brain around this! BUT! I tend to lean towards trusting anything you make… :)

Blessings-
    Amanda

Kelly — August 1, 2010 @ 1:18 pm

Lol I totally convinced my husband to eat greek yogurt because of the protein haha- it must be a male thing to be obsessed with it!
    The chocolate yogurt and bananas looks beyond amazing.

kelsey@snackingsquirrel.com — August 1, 2010 @ 1:51 pm

HOW DELICIOUS IS THIS!! its so pretty to look at and would be fantastic for breakfast or a snack.. or dessert! mm and u could totally add some granola to this bad boy :) YUM

xoxo

Lisa @bakebikeblog — August 1, 2010 @ 3:21 pm

What a wonderful dish! I think this would make a fantastic brunch! Or dessert even :)

Mimi (Damn the Freshman 15) — August 1, 2010 @ 5:22 pm

You’re making me drool! If you want some rummy yumminess, maybe add extract?

amanda — August 1, 2010 @ 6:08 pm

I love grilled bananas and with the chocolate yogurt that is a total foodgasm!

Madeline - Greens and Jeans — August 1, 2010 @ 6:19 pm

I don’t trust people who don’t like bananas

carol — August 1, 2010 @ 8:34 pm

Oh wow! that sounds somewhat like bananas foster, the best dessert EVER! Ill need to try this although I cant imagine it standing up to bananas foster. BTW can you make a healthier version of bananas foster? Cause I would LOVE that. love your site and tried the garlic hummus and it was amazing!

Kacy — August 2, 2010 @ 7:58 am

This will be divine when the weather cools down. Bookmarking now.

Mackenzie@The Caramel Cookie — August 2, 2010 @ 9:37 am

This would make the perfect breakfast!

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — August 2, 2010 @ 10:21 pm

Mmmm, I think you should totally add the bacon!

Ingrid — August 3, 2010 @ 1:10 pm

Brillant! Never thought of this combination!

Ashley — August 3, 2010 @ 2:04 pm

You are SO bad but also SO very good. This sounds awesome!!!!!!!

Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction — August 3, 2010 @ 6:57 pm

This looks like such a great recipe… I’m intrigued by the chocolate yogurt cream. I think it would be mighty good with strawberries, too!

Candace Karu — May 20, 2013 @ 1:05 pm

I love roasted bananas…and with chocolate yogurt cream, it’s swoon worthy! Can’t wait to try this at home!

1. Pingback: Tweets that mention Roasted Bananas with Chocolate Yogurt Cream | How Sweet It Is -- Topsy.com

2. Pingback: Banana Bread Ice Cream Recipe | Guilty Kitchen