I’ve never been one for milkshakes.

I like to eat my calories rather than drink them, especially when it comes to dessert.

Though I used to really love the hot fudge milkshake at Dairy Queen – have you ever tried that? It is unreal.

But regular old milkshakes don’t do much for me.

Then I saw this in the recent issue of Bon Appetit.

The day I find that magazine in my mailbox is the best day of the month. I just pour over it.

And I get hungry.

And eat cookies or pita chips or whatever is in reach, while really wishing I was eating each dish off every page.

That magazine makes me eat my emotions.

Now I’m reconsidering my take on milkshakes.

This was so delicious.

Even better – the peach was perfectly juicy and ripe. I love sweet peaches.

I almost wish I would have added a second one.

And you really only need one cookie for the shake.

But I bought two. Just so I could eat one by it’s lonesome.

Totally worth it.

Snickerdoodle-Peach Milkshake

from Bon Appetit, September 2010

1 cup milk

1/2 cup ice cream

1-2 fresh peaches, chopped

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

1 snickerdoodle cookie + crumbles for garnish

Combine all ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth. Garnish with cookie crumbs.

I need one of these for breakfast.

It’s Monday, so that’s my excuse. Not that I ever needed one before.

64 Responses to “Snickerdoodle-Peach Milkshake.”

Courtney — August 23, 2010 @ 4:12 am

Gosh does this sound good! Thankfully peaches have been great this summer, so I’ll definitely try this! :)

Terri Ab — August 23, 2010 @ 4:13 am

I’ve had some good peaches this summer, too! The way I see it, there’s fruit and milk in this – perfect for breakfast.

Erica — August 23, 2010 @ 4:31 am

mmmm peach. Magic bullet! I make all of my milkshakes and smoothies in my magic bullet. That thing just rocks. I think you definitely need one of these for your Monday morning!!

amanda — August 23, 2010 @ 4:36 am

That sounds like an interesting combo for a shake. I love both peaches and snickerdoodles. It is a match made in heaven!

A Teenage Gourmet — August 23, 2010 @ 4:37 am

I reallyyyy wish I had the time to blog daily like you. I guess I do, I just need to actually do it! :) You’ve given me a great reason to post tonight with this milkshake.

Naomi(onefitfoodie) — August 23, 2010 @ 4:56 am

peaches and snickerdoodle!?? who would have though! i LOVE a juicy peach! i just bought some yesterday and just waiting for them to get all ripe!

Wei-Wei — August 23, 2010 @ 5:02 am

What??? Peaches with cinnamon? Sounds a little strange to me, but I’m thinking about it. Processing…

Okay. I give up. It does sound awesome. :D

Kristin (Cook, Bake and Nibble)) — August 23, 2010 @ 5:09 am

WOW that looks delicious! I think I need to try this one in the bullet.

xo
    Kris

Marisa @Loser for Life — August 23, 2010 @ 5:09 am

You had me at Snickerdoodle :)

Katie — August 23, 2010 @ 5:17 am

Oh holy yum. I am so obsessed with peaches right now, I’ve been inhaling them in any form I can…I need to try this!

Kim in MD — August 23, 2010 @ 5:19 am

I’m with you about milkshakes…I prefer to eat my food, too! That said, this recipe could change my mind! :-) Peaches and cinnamon are a classic combination (think crumbles, pies), so I’m sure this was amazing!

Eunice — August 23, 2010 @ 5:31 am

I’m not a big fan of fruit and milk. Unless it’s bananas. Bananas go with milk. Either way I’ll have the snickerdoodle, thanks.

amy — August 23, 2010 @ 5:34 am

ohmyheavens! what a combination!! ingenious really.

Heather — August 23, 2010 @ 5:46 am

you know, i don’t really love snickerdoodles, but OH MY GOSH this looks amazing!

britta — August 23, 2010 @ 5:48 am

a-m-a-z-i-n-g.

Sarena (The Non Dairy Queen) — August 23, 2010 @ 5:56 am

I am with you, I don’t like to drink my calories either! I have really been loving on some peaches lately too! When I do “milkshakes” I make them so thick they are more like soft serve ice cream. I bet the flavor of this was out of this world! YUM!

Liz @ Bog is the New Black — August 23, 2010 @ 6:06 am

Totally agree on eating my calories vs. drinking them! But, this looks like an exception! ;)

Jenna — August 23, 2010 @ 6:07 am

I’m honestly not much of a milkshake girl. It is a combination of preferring the real deal of ice cream over a liquid version, as well as not wanting to drink my calories. But a milkshake that incorporates one of my favorite fruits and one of my favorite cookies is one that I could get on board with!

Nicole @ Making Good Choices — August 23, 2010 @ 6:08 am

I also make my milkshakes super thick so I can eat them with a spoon. Looks so yummy!

Maria — August 23, 2010 @ 6:09 am

We both posted peach recipes today! Love this shake!

Sophie @ yumventures — August 23, 2010 @ 6:15 am

Can I eat this for every meal every day? OMG!!

Holly @ couchpotatoathlete — August 23, 2010 @ 6:17 am

Snickerdoodles are the best cookies!!! This sounds delicious, and peach flavor is so good too.

Estela @ Weekly Bite — August 23, 2010 @ 6:30 am

I heart milkshakes!!! I love the sound of this combo!

Madeline - Greens and Jeans — August 23, 2010 @ 6:49 am

I bought white peaches by accident this week and they just aren’t nearly as good as regular ones. I guess this is a good thing, because it will keep me from making snickerdoodle milkshakes for dinner every night.

Lindsay @ Pinch of Yum — August 23, 2010 @ 6:51 am

I’m with you on the drinking your calories thing. I like to get my milkshake fix by sweetly offering to make a milkshake for my husband, which inevitably leads to some sampling for myself along the way. I bet he (ahem, I) would love this one! :)

Jessica@tastyandtrim — August 23, 2010 @ 6:56 am

I love how you share recipes I would never think up on my own. All of them are always unique but mouth-watering at the same time :)

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg — August 23, 2010 @ 7:03 am

What I like about this is that you might be able to pass it off as a “smoothie.” And “smoothies” are “healthy,” right? :-)

Evan Thomas — August 23, 2010 @ 7:04 am

Snickerdoodles are seriously my favorite. Have you ever had snickerdoodle dough ice cream? It’s insane.

• Jessica — August 23rd, 2010 @ 7:37 am

No! That sounds incredible.

newlywed — August 23, 2010 @ 7:14 am

Oh, I love milkshakes and snickerdoodles and peaches. Such a wonderful combination!

Rachel (Two Healthy Plates) — August 23, 2010 @ 7:20 am

Peaches and cinnamon – in a milk shake? Yum! Looks like everyone is posting peach recipes today – I love it!

Eliana — August 23, 2010 @ 7:23 am

I just discovered Snickerdoodles earlier this year and am now obsessed with them. So I know that I would just inhale this shake, probably in one gulp.

Mackenzie@The Caramel Cookie — August 23, 2010 @ 7:50 am

Snickerdoodles are one of my favorite cookies! This recipe is genius! Thanks for sharing!

Amanda (Two Boos Who Eat) — August 23, 2010 @ 7:57 am

Holy CRAP! That looks incredible. (plus your photography is stunning!) now I’m seriously wanting a peach milkshake and a cookie.

BIOCHEMISTA — August 23, 2010 @ 8:03 am

HOLY YUM :) Never thought of a shake + cookie combo! Genius :)

Camille — August 23, 2010 @ 8:35 am

Fantastic!
    Bon Apetit always has such creative recipes!

Lauren at KeepItSweet — August 23, 2010 @ 8:39 am

yum! I love snickerdoodle-flavored anything!

april — August 23, 2010 @ 9:54 am

That does sound good! I’ve always liked to eat my calories too, but man dq’s blizzards are so good!

Nichole — August 23, 2010 @ 10:09 am

I am the same, I’d much rather eat my calories. Fantastic, tasty alternative. Seasonally peachy.

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — August 23, 2010 @ 10:21 am

Yummmmmmmmmm! I didn’t even know what snickerdoodles were until I met my husband! I was missing out!

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) — August 23, 2010 @ 10:23 am

the beauty of you and your blog is the ability to take something that I want and make it into something that i NEED! yum!

have a great day hon…I am off for a busy one!

Mary @ Bites and Bliss — August 23, 2010 @ 10:36 am

I’ve never had snickerdoodles before but have *always* wanted to try them. And combining them with juicy ripe peaches? Perfect!

Kacy — August 23, 2010 @ 10:40 am

There’s a cookie IN the milkshake?! GENIUS.

Ellen @FirednFabulous — August 23, 2010 @ 10:55 am

I loooove snickerdoodles! L-o-v-e. And milkshakes. And peaches. This is perfect…especially because it’s Ellen-proof! Something I can make without screwing up! Hooray :)

Meg — August 23, 2010 @ 11:43 am

This looks and sounds amazing — I’m a freak for both peaches and snickerdoodle cookies! And since I recently went to Chick-Fil-A only to learn the peach milkshake — my favorite! — is gone for the season, maybe I’ll have to give this one a whirl.

Caitlin — August 23, 2010 @ 12:00 pm

I can’t believe I have never thought of putting cookies into a milkshake. Like, ever. THIS CHANGES MY WHOLE LIFE.

Love the broken cookie with the shake – great shot.

Blond Duck — August 23, 2010 @ 1:18 pm

Now I want a snickerdoodle.

Marla (family fresh cooking) — August 23, 2010 @ 1:26 pm

A milkshake with peaches & cookies! What next??? Always swooned by your creations. xo

homecookedem — August 23, 2010 @ 1:38 pm

I’m so into peaches right now! What a unique way to use them. Swoon… :)

Nicole, RD — August 23, 2010 @ 1:46 pm

Dang, Monday is over…can Tuesday be my excuse to have this for breakfast!? YUM!

megan — August 23, 2010 @ 2:12 pm

Excuse me, I need to go get a peach and a snickerdoodle. Looks totally awesome!

1. Pingback: Keep College Eating Peachy Keen : College Lifestyles