Yep.

I went there.

What is up with all the early pumpkin recipes? I assume it is simply because I didn’t get to bake much with it last year. And when I did finally find some to hoard, I held it dear to my heart in fear that I would never get to buy pumpkin again.

Well, this is the last of the pumpkin recipes for awhile. A few weeks ago I opened a giant can and made some breakfast cakes and muffins, along with this bread. So no more pumpkin recipes.

At least not until next week. Then I’ll probably have 3-5 more. I can’t help myself.

So, what exactly is that inside the pumpkin bread?

That is a cinnamon-spiced cream cheese blend.

Yes. This pumpkin bread is stuffed with sweet autumn-flavored cream cheese. Stuffed I tell ya!

And I made mini loaves, but of course you can make one giant loaf. Because you know I made the mini loaves since eating 3 small loaves in one sitting is so much healthier than eating one large loaf. You know, just trying to be portion conscious.

Double Decker Pumpkin Bread

1/2 cup sugar

1/2 cup brown sugar

2 eggs

1/2 cup vegetable oil

1 teaspoon vanilla

3/4 cup + 1 tablespoon buttermilk

Preheat oven to 350. Mix pumpkin and sugar together until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, oil and vanilla and continue to mix.

Combine dry ingredients in a bowl. Alternate adding dry ingredients and buttermilk to pumpkin mix – beginning and ending with dry ingredients. Pour into mini loaf pans, just halfway to the top. Spread about 1/8 cup cream cheese mixture over first layer, then cover with more pumpkin batter, leaving about 1/2 an inch to the top. For mini loaves, bake 35-40 minutes.

Note: As I typed in this recipe, I realized that I completely LEFT OUT the buttermilk! I totally overlooked it. No clue how that happened. However, as you can see the bread still came out (the batter was thicker than I remembered, now I know why) but the middle did sink a bit. I made these way back when, not forgetting the buttermilk, and they came out great. These ones still came out fantastic and delicious.

Cream Cheese Filling

8 ounces cream cheese, softened

2 tablespoons sugar

1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice

1/4 teaspoon cinnamon

Mix ingredients together until well blended (you can use an electric mixer, but I mixed by hand).

There is a reason that I need to slow down with the pumpkin baking. Mr. How Sweet is no pumpkin fan. That leaves me, myself and… oh yeah, me to eat it.

I can hear the buttons popping off my pants now.

101 Responses to “Double-Decker Pumpkin Bread”

Emily @ For Sweets Sake — September 16, 2010 @ 10:05 am

If you have too much, feel free to send some my way ;)

Blond Duck — September 16, 2010 @ 10:24 am

I’ve been dying to make these pumpkin cream cheese muffins, but these look delectable!

Lauren — September 16, 2010 @ 10:41 am

Massively depressed right now…as not a SINGLE store has any pumpkin products. There’s a shortage here. Is it wrong to lick my screen?

• Jessica — September 16th, 2010 @ 10:47 am

Hey – you gotta do what you gotta do! ;)

Camille — September 16, 2010 @ 11:04 am

I. Have. No. Words.

I usually break cookies in to small pieces because everyone knows that they don’t have calories if you eat them in small bites! Duh! Also, cake doesn’t have calories if you eat slivers instead of slices.

Ellen@FirednFabulous — September 16, 2010 @ 11:04 am

This looks DIVINE. Pumpkin is so yummy…totally understand the hype. It’s the only thing that makes summer ending OK.

Taylor — September 16, 2010 @ 11:16 am

Oh my wow. This looks absolutely fabulous. Every time I read your blog I drool on my laptop.

Katie @ Healthy Heddleston — September 16, 2010 @ 11:31 am

Yumm reminds me of a pumpkin roll with the cream cheese in there!!

janetha g. — September 16, 2010 @ 11:53 am

get out of town! that looks like an edible double decker bus! i want a ticket to ride.

and yes, i am a total nerd.

i blame the new glasses.

Fit Chick in the City — September 16, 2010 @ 12:26 pm

This has to be one of the most amazing sounding pumpkin recipes I’ve seen!

The Shopping Forecast — September 16, 2010 @ 12:27 pm

That looks delicious! I am a pumpkin advocate and encourage the early introduction of pumpkin. :-)

Carolyn — September 16, 2010 @ 12:30 pm

Wow! It looks like a pumpkin Twinkie. Mmmm…

Alicia at Poise in Parma — September 16, 2010 @ 12:54 pm

Well, at least I know what I’m making for my husband for our anniversary next Thursday!! Thanks for another AWESOME recipe!

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat — September 16, 2010 @ 1:13 pm

Well, if you need someone to help you eat this, feel free to send some up to me! Sounds delicious! :)

Stacey (The Habit of Healthy) — September 16, 2010 @ 1:45 pm

This sounds amazing! How do you constantly come up with such delicious recipes? So impressive. :)

Republic Monetary Exchange — September 16, 2010 @ 1:50 pm

Those look amazing and nothing says autumn to me like pumpkin flavored anything!

Republic Monetary — September 16, 2010 @ 1:51 pm

Looks fantastic and just in the right time! Nothing says autumn to me like pumpkin flavored anything!

homecookedem — September 16, 2010 @ 2:59 pm

Just when I thought pumpkin bread couldn’t get any better, you prove to me that it CAN!! :)

Erin @ Making Memories — September 16, 2010 @ 3:13 pm

Oh my gosh – this looks so delicious. I would probably eat them all myself too. Wait a minute. Since I’m making them I AM going to eat them all myself. And I can’t wait!!! Amazing recipe!!!

Lisa @bakebikeblog — September 16, 2010 @ 3:14 pm

One word – BRILLIANT!
    You are a genius!

Kocinera — September 16, 2010 @ 4:33 pm

Oh…my…goodness. That looks so yummy! The cream cheese filling just pushes everything over into utter deliciousness.

Naomi(onefitfoodie) — September 16, 2010 @ 4:34 pm

These look AMAZING! they would be awesome as cream cheese stuff cupcakes or muffins and serve them split open at parties with some cinnamon sprinkled on top! DELICIOUS!

Cara — September 16, 2010 @ 4:40 pm

Hello delicious!
    I could eat a whole bowl of cream cheese icing!

Lezly — September 16, 2010 @ 5:02 pm

OMG! I made a verbal dramatic sigh as I saw these amazing looking pumpkin deliciousness. A little embarrassing since I’m at a coffee shop. lol

Monique@She's Going The Distance — September 16, 2010 @ 5:10 pm

Oh man, you’re making me soo excited for fall — um, in the desert? Ok, I take it back. You’ve made me so excited to pretend it’s fall!

stacey-healthylife — September 16, 2010 @ 7:06 pm

Wow that’s is genius and so amazing. I want some.

yummiee cupcake — September 16, 2010 @ 7:58 pm

holy goly!!!!!!!!!!! i love your cupcakeeeeeeee!! so luscious!!

the country cook @ Delightful Country Cookin' — September 16, 2010 @ 9:58 pm

I just love, love, love pumpkin! I’m so glad it’s the time of year for it – keep the recipes coming!

Nichole — September 17, 2010 @ 8:09 am

Shut the front door! I love pumpkin and cannot get over this recipe? Have you told Starbucks their pumpkin loaf can cram it?! This looks fantastic!

Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction — September 17, 2010 @ 5:15 pm

That’s just wrong… but it looks so good! I want to make some pumpkin bread now.

Madeline - Greens and Jeans — September 17, 2010 @ 7:45 pm

Everything about this screams “eaaaaaatttttttttt meeeeeeee”

Gracie @ Girl Meets Health — September 18, 2010 @ 7:54 am

YOU ARE KILLING ME HERE!! In the best possible way ;)

Pumpkin recipes have definitely come early this year, and I wouldn’t have it any other way. I *finally* tracked down pumpkin at the grocery store and grabbed about 10 cans, haha. I’m planning on making pumpkin bread tomorrow, in fact!

Baking Serendipity — September 18, 2010 @ 6:26 pm

Pumpkin bread and cream cheese is my all time favorite combination. I love this recipe!

Katie — September 19, 2010 @ 7:03 am

Oh my word…I want a piece of this in my hand (and my mouth) so badly right now. I can think of nothing more perfect for a sunday morning.

Annie@stronghealthyfit — September 19, 2010 @ 4:44 pm

Way too cute.

Thas — September 20, 2010 @ 4:25 pm

I am drooling looking at the pictures. Way too tempting.

Kathryn — September 24, 2010 @ 2:45 pm

Oh my gosh, I love pumpkin ANYTHING! I’ll have to try that recipe ASAP!

Elizabeth — September 24, 2010 @ 3:59 pm

Good morning from a blustery, rainy Tokyo, Japan! I discovered your blog via “Blue Eyed Bride” and I’m so glad I did! Your pumpkin loaf has my mouth watering and my spirits soaring-I just have to run out to eht market and fix it this weekend! After looking over several of your dishes I am so excited to try each and every one out. Thanks for sharing with all of us!

Warmly,

Elizabeth

WenDee Riffe — September 30, 2010 @ 6:46 pm

oh my!!! i am allllll about pumpkin~so you must be aware of the pumpkin shortage??? i have talked with other people and they are like what in the world are you talking about!!! i just look at them like~~welll…never mind how i look at them!!!! i am sooo gonna try these stuffed pumpkin loaves!!!! i just found your site this evening thru the PW–just wanted to say–your site is very nice–love all the pink!!!!!!

MQuib — October 11, 2010 @ 2:32 pm

What size is your mini loaf pan? The only pan I have is a regular sized one, it fits 2lbs of ground beef in it for a meatloaf. I would rather make mini loaves, but don’t know what to purchase.

• Jessica — October 12th, 2010 @ 1:01 pm

I used a 2 1/2 by 4 inch load pan. But I’m pretty sure the recipe I used can be made into one regular sized loaf!

Lindsay — October 10, 2011 @ 3:54 am

This sounds SO yummy!! Thanks for sharing, definitely have it on my recipe list :)
    Also, just letting you know I featured your bread on my blog last night, feel free to come check it out!

in-dios.blogspot.com — May 21, 2013 @ 12:53 pm

Great blog! Is your theme custom made or did you download it from somewhere?
    A design like yours with a few simple tweeks would really
    make my blog stand out. Please let me know where you got your theme.
    Thanks

vietnam weather — May 26, 2013 @ 8:13 pm

An impressive share! I have just forwarded this onto a coworker who has been doing a little homework on this.
    And he actually ordered me dinner because I discovered it for
    him… lol. So allow me to reword this…. Thanks for the meal!
    ! But yeah, thanx for spending some time to talk about this topic here on
    your website.