To continue with my workout ADD, I wanted to share these full body workouts that I did a few weeks ago.

Because, heavens forbid I do the same workout in a row. I might lose my mind. Or crave veggies. Or something.

Here’s what went down:

Day 1: 4 sets x 10

alternating lunges & pull-ups

step ups & pushups

seated rows & overhead presses

side raises & triceps dips

Day 2: 5 sets x 8

leg presses & lat pulldowns

deadlifts & incline chest presses

rear delt flys & biceps curls

Day 3: 3 sets x 15

walking lunges & prone dumbbell rows

stability ball squats & overhead presses

leg exts & incline pec flys

front raises & overhead triceps ext

All over the board , eh? I used to think that I had to do 10-12 exercises per workout just to get a good workout. If there is anything I have learned over the last few years it is quality over quantity.

In all of these workouts, I usually move back and forth from exercise to exercise. I love strength training, but I hate just waiting around to “rest” in between sets. I enjoy moving the entire time, but if I really need the rest I will take it.

I’m also glutton for suffering.

Not really. But I thought it sounded cool.

7 Responses to “Fitness Kick Start: 3 Full Body Workouts.”

Eliana — September 8, 2010 @ 4:27 pm

This is a really good one.

Mary @ Stylefyles — September 8, 2010 @ 5:21 pm

These look like great workouts! I totally agree with you, waiting in between sets is sooooo boring – I always try to pair things up and save my rest for in between exercises….usually I just grab a sip of water and move straight to the next pair of exercises. Sometimes I cycle through three different exercises, too

Wei-Wei — September 8, 2010 @ 6:15 pm

These are awesome. I’ve been looking for more strength workouts. I’ll be doing these on my non-run days ;)

Paige @ Running Around Normal — September 8, 2010 @ 7:43 pm

“I’m also glutton for suffering.

Not really. But I thought it sounded cool.”
    Bahaha – that’s why I <3 you, Jessica! Ok, and for your delicious recipes and kickass workouts :)

MelissaNibbles — September 9, 2010 @ 1:30 am

I rest about 15 seconds between sets. I’ve been told that’s bad, but I just want to get it over with!

NancyC — September 9, 2010 @ 5:57 am

I love, love love your workouts. These are my kind of workouts! No boredom, just get in, get out. Now if my cranky elbow would just cooperate I could actually get back to doing these kinds of workouts and stop with the old lady ones! Thanks for your tips (and treats!)

Christine — September 15, 2010 @ 10:22 am

Thanks for posting these! I do a 4X10 met con routine every day after my cardio and I’m always looking for new ones so I don’t get bored. You can only do so many dips and mountainclimbers, ya know! Adding these to my list!