Ladies Night.

One of my mom and aunt’s cousins was in town tonight and we had a little ladies shindig. Well, not all ladies, but mostly.

Check out the gorgeous autumn sky as I was headed over to my aunts:

I got really dressed up for the occasion, as you can see.

These pictures should teach you two things:

1. I am terrible at taking pictures of myself, hence why you never see any.

2. 98% of my wardrobe is workout clothes.

We had lots of yummy food:

And talked about many inappropriate things that are not blog worthy.

But the best thing we talked about was the “Green” gene. See, Mother Lovett was a Green before she became a Lovett. And the Green girls love sweets. It has always been perfectly acceptable to eat cake for breakfast. This must be why I crave sweets 24/7 – I have the Green gene! Everything makes so much more sense now.

Anyway: Lacy, Will, Chris and Andy I wish you were all there to witness this hilarious evening that can’t be fully shared on the internet.

And now I must head to bed, for I have a 4:30 torture wakeup call for the gym. Wine was not a wise choice.

21 Responses to “Ladies Night.”

april — September 29, 2010 @ 7:09 pm

I vote for more self photos!!

Courtney @ Ice Cream & Wine — September 29, 2010 @ 7:13 pm

Sounds like a fun night – the food looked delicious!

Heather (Heather's Dish) — September 29, 2010 @ 7:51 pm

yikes…i’m a lightweight anyway, but with wine? if i drink that the night before i’m screwed.

we need a girl’s night soon!

Kristina @ spabettie — September 29, 2010 @ 8:34 pm

I must have that Green gene too !! :)

looks like a delicious evening !!

steph@stephsbitebybite — September 29, 2010 @ 9:08 pm

Love the sunset! I think workout clothes rock! And can I share the dessert tray with you guys?

Lisa @bakebikeblog — September 29, 2010 @ 10:36 pm

oooh what a great night indeed!

mags — September 29, 2010 @ 10:37 pm

Oh yes it’s ladies night, oh what a night.

I find that if you go out in your workout clothes, they also double as pajamas, and then they’re good to go for the gym in the morning.

Emily — September 30, 2010 @ 4:22 am

Looks like fun… I also come to realize (when I do laundry) that 98% of my wardrobe is workout clothes! They are so comfy – when you’re not at the gym!

Kat @ Living Like the Kings — September 30, 2010 @ 5:17 am

hahah nothing like an early morning workout after a couple of glasses of wine.

Kim in MD — September 30, 2010 @ 5:29 am

It looks like a great time was had by all! The food looks amazing, and I love your self photo!

Tina — September 30, 2010 @ 5:49 am

I loved seeing a pic of you!!!! You’re gorgeous. And you know I support the workout wear as high class stuff.

MelissaNibbles — September 30, 2010 @ 6:28 am

I want to have a ladies night with you! The pictures of the sunset are stunning.

Talia @ Texas Gunslinger — September 30, 2010 @ 7:22 am

Hi pretty!

HA! I wear the same thingM-F: tank top, sports bra, yoga pants, sneakers. It’s amazing how my husband’s face lights up when I actually have my hair down and not in a messy bun and when I wear make-up and look like the girl he first dated. I’m totally with ya on 98% of my wardrobe being workout attire HAHA!

That sunset really WAS gorgeous! I don’t know which part of Pittsburgh you live in, but where I live the sunsets have been gorgeous and I’ve been lovin’ the view from our balcony! I guess we ‘oughta enjoy them while we can before the “grey” comes in…for several months…blech

Glad you enjoyed your girls’ night out…or in…whatever, it’s all the same- lots of laughs and wine:)

Wei-Wei — September 30, 2010 @ 7:35 am

Well, they’re comfy, you can’t deny! And I think you always look gorgeous.

Kacy — September 30, 2010 @ 8:28 am

Gorgeous pictures! I love girls nights, always inappropriate and hilarious!

Angela — September 30, 2010 @ 8:35 am

I love the pictures of the sunset! Girls nights are so fun and I would have to agree that they are much better when you are in comfy clothes. I love my gym outfits. My mom used to get so frustrated because I wear sweats 90% of the time.

Maren — September 30, 2010 @ 10:04 am

This might be sad, but I scrolled through all of the pictures until I saw the ones of dessert! haha Guess I have a bit of a sweet tooth as well! Love the UA clothes. That’s all I would wear if my bank acct. allowed! :)

Susan — September 30, 2010 @ 3:03 pm

OOHH Those desserts look lovely!!

barefootgirl27 — September 30, 2010 @ 3:19 pm

I want those olives!!!

♥♥♥♥ workout clothes ♥♥♥♥♥

It’s ALL about being comfy..

Jennifer @ Frost Bites — September 30, 2010 @ 6:32 pm

The sky looked amazing…I love this time of year! Another thing I love are desserts that look like the ones you had! I’m glad I’m not the only one that owns too much “gym” clothes.

1. Pingback: Tweets that mention Ladies Night. | How Sweet It Is -- Topsy.com