What I’m Loving.

Friends.

I am beat this week. Tired, stressed, overwhelmed… please send a pound of bacon and a bottle of wine. And a cleaning lady would be nice too.

I wanted to share some of my favorite things that I’ve found around the blogworld the last 7 days.

(I also just cringed for using the word “blogworld.”)

Food:

Bruschetta in a Jar from Julie – how cool is this? While I may never have the patience to can, I’m willing to accept your extra canned fruit (no veggies – except for the bruschetta!).

Anna made Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars – perfect for my pumpkin obsession.

Heather made these Deep Dish Caramelized Apple Bars which make me do one thing: swoon. It also is made with a stick of butter. No wonder I love it.

[photo courtesy of Heather]

Not to spook you all out, but Kacy did some crazy thang with brussell sprouts. Maybe I should try them?

Angela made high protein mashed potatoes. Mr. How Sweet loves mashed potatoes and you know he loves protein. When he clicks on this link this morning I think his head may explode.

I really want to make this Corn Chowder that Jamie made. It’s the kind of soup that makes me want to curl up under a blanket and watch chick flicks. And eat the bacon on top, piece by piece.

Heather made this unreal coffee and donuts cake. Again, something I would most likely never have the patience for, but I would enjoy eating it. Or even just looking at it. It’s a work of art!

This was my absolute favorite. The Blue Eyed Bakers made this gorgeous autumn chocolate bark. How pretty!

[picture courtesy of Blue Eyed Bakers]

Random things I enjoyed this week:

Katie got an apple sweater. Oh em gee. If there is anything I need to waste money on, I think it’s this.

Tina talked about having weak moments and how it’s okay to not be perfect.

This made me chuckle, but FitSugar asked if you cram before going to the dentist. I never thought of it that way, but I know I sometimes do!

Heather talked about embracing struggle. And I’ve learned that I read a lot of blogs by people named Heather.

Next week How Sweet It Is turns 1 year old. I can’t believe it! There are lots of fun things planned, so be sure to visit often.

Tell me – what are you loving and what should I try? I am in desperate need of inspiration! Leave any link you’d like.

81 Responses to “What I’m Loving.”

Fit Chick in the City — September 10, 2010 @ 4:11 am

I can’t wait to check out some of these links! I hope you get some rest and a maid!

Estela @ Weekly Bite — September 10, 2010 @ 4:13 am

Thanks for all the links! Can’t wait to check em’ out :)

Have a great weekend!

Eliana — September 10, 2010 @ 4:16 am

If I send you over a pound of bacon and a bottle of wine can I bump it up to 2 and 2 and we can share? It’s been one of those weeks for me too.

Lizzy @ LBBakes — September 10, 2010 @ 4:19 am

Apple sweater. Sign me up!!!

Rachel Wilkerson — September 10, 2010 @ 4:25 am

Omg the apple sweater!!

• Jessica — September 10th, 2010 @ 4:31 am

Isn’t is amazing?!

Joanna Sutter (Fitness & Spice) — September 10, 2010 @ 4:29 am

Comfort foods…I need some, too!

Sues — September 10, 2010 @ 4:33 am

Wow, thanks for posting that Autumn Bark. It looks and sounds amazing!! Definitely giving it a try! Happy weekend :) I need a bottle of wine (and a pound of bacon… or cupcakes), too!

Sarena (The Non Dairy Queen) — September 10, 2010 @ 4:34 am

Oh that is exciting! I am loving on some peanut flour lately! I can’t get enough of that stuff. That sweater for the apple…that is too cute. Now I want to figure out how to make that. Have a great day Jessica!

• Jessica — September 10th, 2010 @ 4:35 am

Yes… I NEED to try out the peanut flour! I think I would love it.

Nicole @ Making Good Choices — September 10, 2010 @ 4:34 am

I’ve been loving Melissa Nibbles Three things Thursday. They are usually all things that annoy me too!

• Jessica — September 10th, 2010 @ 4:35 am

I agree – love those too! It’s like she can read my mind.

Tabitha (From Single to Married) — September 10, 2010 @ 4:45 am

Happy birthday to your blog! :)

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg — September 10, 2010 @ 4:53 am

Thanks for the shout out!!! Can’t wait to see what you have planned next week for your blogiversary!

MelissaNibbles — September 10, 2010 @ 4:55 am

What I’m loving this week is deep talk emails ;)

• Jessica — September 10th, 2010 @ 5:00 am

Oooh me too! :)

Kacy — September 10, 2010 @ 5:16 am

YES you definitely should try them! But add some sweet pototoes, regular potatoes and bacon to the mix just in case you still hate the actual veggies :)

Thanks for the mention love!

newlywed — September 10, 2010 @ 5:23 am

That bark looks awsome…love those Blue-Eyed Bakers. Thanks for all the links!

Erica — September 10, 2010 @ 5:29 am

Those links are great Jess! Thanks for sharing! Happy Early Blog Anniversary…that’s so exciting!

Kim in MD — September 10, 2010 @ 5:30 am

Wow…I just clicked on each and every link and they were all amazing! Thank you for sharing these blogs, Jessica. Wishing you a great weekend (filled with lots of bacon and wine)! Oh- and a maid, of course! :-)

Naomi(onefitfoodie) — September 10, 2010 @ 5:49 am

totally read that cram the floss before the dentist thing haha love it! :)

omg that apple sweater was so cute from Katie!
    love this post! you should do it every friday :)

Tina — September 10, 2010 @ 6:12 am

I didn’t realize you hadn’t reached your 1 year yet! How fun. Can’t wait to see what’s in store.

Hope you’re resting up and feeling better. And thanks for the link love. :)

PS – There ARE a lot of Heathers out there. LOL

amanda — September 10, 2010 @ 6:20 am

I just made some kale chips (see blog post) for the first time. I liked them!!

• Jessica — September 10th, 2010 @ 6:29 am

I love kale chips too! One of the few veggies I actually LOVE.

Heather (Where's the Beach) — September 10, 2010 @ 6:26 am

I am not a big chocolate fan, but that bark looks great. What a great gift idea even…

CaSaundra — September 10, 2010 @ 6:33 am

If I lived closer I would totally be your cleaning lady–I actually love to clean, crazy right? Anyways, you’d just have to bake me something fabulous in exchange! :-)

Kristina @ spabettie — September 10, 2010 @ 6:46 am

I need that apple sweater also. That is Just SO Cute.

Jason surprised me with a houndstooth pumpkin yesterday, so I probably shouldn’t do another fruit thing made out of fabric. At least not for another week.

I am making Angela’s potatoes this weekend – I thought MY head would explode when I saw that!! :)

Chrissy — September 10, 2010 @ 6:46 am

That doughnut cake gave my boyfriend a foodgasm.

Julie @SavvyEats — September 10, 2010 @ 6:47 am

Thanks for the shout-out, dear! Make sure you take some recovery time this weekend. :)

Heather @ Side of Sneakers — September 10, 2010 @ 6:59 am

So many good links!! I need to get moving on some more dessert making ;)
    The latest I’ve made was a healthy apple pie/crisp that was so good no one would believe you if you said it was healthy: http://www.sideofsneakers.com/2010/09/03/ultimate-apple-peanut-butter-crisp/

Paige @ Running Around Normal — September 10, 2010 @ 7:12 am

I haven’t ever checked out some of those blogs – thanks for the links:) The other ones I already love!
    Happy almost 1 year to the blog!

Rachel @ The Avid Appetite — September 10, 2010 @ 7:14 am

omg is right on that apple sweater! so impractical yet is it wrong that I really want one? Thanks for sharing these links! Love finding new blogs!

Kelly — September 10, 2010 @ 7:23 am

Things I’m loving this week:

1) This post – ok really your blog in general. I need to make those sweet potato fries ASAP!

2) Savvy Julie – Every post she has done this week has been awesome. If I had the means and the time there would be some home made apple butter in my future.

3) Sleep. Loving sleep – but not getting nearly enough. This is not something I’m loving!

Have a fantastic and relaxing weekend! :)

Heather (Heather's Dish) — September 10, 2010 @ 7:27 am

i want to make everything on here! that autumn bark looks ridiculous…i must have some :)

carol — September 10, 2010 @ 7:36 am

I dont know if you have ever read the pioneer womans blog but she has an AMAZING recipe for drip beef. I wish it had a different name but once you take that first bite you wont care what its called. Anyway it is a great recipe for dinner parties because you put it in the oven for 6 hours and then everyone serves themselves. TRY IT! the Italian drip beef is THE BEST! http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2010/02/drip-beef-two-ways/

• Jessica — September 10th, 2010 @ 8:20 am

I have made a ton of PW’s recipes, but never that one. It sounds great!

Mr. How Sweet It Is — September 10, 2010 @ 7:38 am

high protein mashed potatoes? Two questions…when did you learn about these? and why haven’t you made them yet?

You know how much I love my side dishes.

Shanna @ Shanna Like Banana — September 10, 2010 @ 7:39 am

I hear ya on the stress lady. I just posted a fictious (?) post on Facebook asking for a personal assistant ;)

Biz — September 10, 2010 @ 7:40 am

Bacon and wine make everything better!

I need to make my New Orleans bbq shrimp again – soon!

Elizabeth — September 10, 2010 @ 8:18 am

Thanks for all the links! I love finding out what other people have been looking at and loving in different blogs! I have been looking for a good recipe for brussell sprouts so I may have to try that one, it looks really good! I also want to try the Corn Chowder!

With all the fresh tomatoes I have right now, I made these Killer Marinated Tomatoes from TK and served them over couscous… Delish! http://thepioneerwoman.com/tasty-kitchen/recipes/appetizers-and-snacks/killer-marinated-tomatoes/

Sara — September 10, 2010 @ 9:33 am

This is such a fun post! Apple sweaters: thing of the day that I never knew I absolutely had to have. ADORABLE!

This weekend I’m going to make the blue cheese and red potato tart from Smitten Kitchen for a dinner party. It’s amazing.

Also, with the wonderful fall weather we’re having in Chicago, I am totally in comfort food mode. I made my favorite meatloaf again last night with mashed potatoes and peas and a big cup of milk and was in heaven!

barefootgirl — September 10, 2010 @ 9:51 am

I just stumbled upon your blog for the first time.. great stuff!! I might try the bruschetta in a jar.. Genius!

Happy blog Birthday!

marla {family fresh cooking} — September 10, 2010 @ 10:27 am

Jessica, this is such a fun post. Love reading about your favorites. It is fun getting to know you better. Can’t wait to see what you have planned for your blog b’day :) xo

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) — September 10, 2010 @ 11:00 am

“please send a pound of bacon and a bottle of wine. And a cleaning lady would be nice too.”–

How about I take you out for a champagne tasting flight in Napa. All you have to do is fly your ass to Napa, and I will pay for the B & B, and the wine and champagne. Not even kidding. Not at all. GIRLS weekend!!!!!

I love you and it pains me to hear the stress and overwhelment. I know it, I’ve been, hell, I AM there most days. HUGS!!!!

And I love this post, the featuring other people, you are a giver and so awesome.

1 year. Wow. I can’t believe that you’re only 1. Seriously, you are such a staple and fixture in this community, you are amazing what you’ve accomplished!!!!!!

love you!
    xo

Madeline - Greens and Jeans — September 10, 2010 @ 11:02 am

I hear you sister friend. Today is my first day off in eons and the only thing that got me out of bed this morning is the fact that I have no food in my kitchen and a friend gifted me a pair of shoes and they just didn’t go so well with sweatpants…

Blond Duck — September 10, 2010 @ 11:04 am

I got to thank you for turning me on to Heather’s blog…bbq chicken pizza and deep dish apple pie bars!

Bugaboo — September 10, 2010 @ 11:21 am

Wine, a maid & bacon — what more could a girl ask for? As for something I’m lovin’: praline apple bread. DELISH as is, but even better with the glaze. The bread has no butter or oil and relies on apples & sour cream for moisture. No, it doesn’t get any better than this, I swear!http://dirtpoorfilthyrich.blogspot.com/2009/10/praline-apple-bread-oh-my.html

Maria — September 10, 2010 @ 11:28 am

Great picks! I am loving all these things too:) Happy Friday my friend!

Jenna — September 10, 2010 @ 11:29 am

I love the weekly round up. Such a great way to try new things and find new blogs. Have a wonderful weekend my dear!

Anne P — September 10, 2010 @ 11:30 am

That bark is GORGEOUS!

Jessica@tastyandtrim — September 10, 2010 @ 11:37 am

Thanks for all of the great links! I found this recipe: http://picky-palate.com/2010/09/09/chocolate-and-caramel-apple-pie-galette/ a picky palate yesterday and it looks like a must-try :) Chocolate+caramel is a winner in my book!

Allie @ Cook Read Run — September 10, 2010 @ 11:41 am

Oh my goodness I’m madly in love with this post. I want to try every recipe! Thank youuu!!

teresa — September 10, 2010 @ 11:51 am

Jessica!
    Can’t wait to check out some of these links!
    They sound FAB!
    And anything YOU love…I know I will too!
    Just popped over to check out the Chocolate Bark!
    OMG!
    Love it!
    I KNEW it was Ina’s recipe when I saw it!
    And NOW…I’ve been inspired to make it on my own!
    And…I LOVE that blog!
    Love your blog too Jessica!
    You are a doll~baby!
    xxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
    If I had some BACON…I’d send it to you! ;o)

• Jessica — September 10th, 2010 @ 11:54 am

You are the best! :)

Ellen@FirednFabulous — September 10, 2010 @ 11:55 am

Sending greasy bacon thoughts and hugs your way! ;)

Everything sounds so good. I’m going to have to check out what crazy thang Kacy did with her brussell sprouts because I have just about given up on them. Perhaps they deserve ONE more chance…this might be it!

Nicole, RD — September 10, 2010 @ 12:16 pm

Only a year? You are impressed, Jess!! You’ve done a lot with How Sweet It Is in such a short period of time! :) All the recipes you mentioned sound wonderful…checking them out now!

teresa — September 10, 2010 @ 12:20 pm

Oh!
    And I just popped over and went to check out the APPLE~SWEATER!
    For crying out loud!
    OMGoodness!
    I’ve seen it all!
    Very very very adorable!
    xo
    Oh!
    And listen to this!
    My bloggy anniversary is next week too!
    SEPT. 14th I will be celebrating 1 year!
    We can PARTY together!