Friends.

I am beat this week. Tired, stressed, overwhelmed… please send a pound of bacon and a bottle of wine. And a cleaning lady would be nice too.

I wanted to share some of my favorite things that I’ve found around the blogworld the last 7 days.

(I also just cringed for using the word “blogworld.”)

Food:

Bruschetta in a Jar from Julie – how cool is this? While I may never have the patience to can, I’m willing to accept your extra canned fruit (no veggies – except for the bruschetta!).

Anna made Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars – perfect for my pumpkin obsession.

Heather made these Deep Dish Caramelized Apple Bars which make me do one thing: swoon. It also is made with a stick of butter. No wonder I love it.

[photo courtesy of Heather]

Not to spook you all out, but Kacy did some crazy thang with brussell sprouts. Maybe I should try them?

Angela made high protein mashed potatoes. Mr. How Sweet loves mashed potatoes and you know he loves protein. When he clicks on this link this morning I think his head may explode.

I really want to make this Corn Chowder that Jamie made. It’s the kind of soup that makes me want to curl up under a blanket and watch chick flicks. And eat the bacon on top, piece by piece.

Heather made this unreal coffee and donuts cake. Again, something I would most likely never have the patience for, but I would enjoy eating it. Or even just looking at it. It’s a work of art!

This was my absolute favorite. The Blue Eyed Bakers made this gorgeous autumn chocolate bark. How pretty!

[picture courtesy of Blue Eyed Bakers]

Random things I enjoyed this week:

Katie got an apple sweater. Oh em gee. If there is anything I need to waste money on, I think it’s this.

Tina talked about having weak moments and how it’s okay to not be perfect.

This made me chuckle, but FitSugar asked if you cram before going to the dentist. I never thought of it that way, but I know I sometimes do!

Heather talked about embracing struggle. And I’ve learned that I read a lot of blogs by people named Heather.

Next week How Sweet It Is turns 1 year old. I can’t believe it! There are lots of fun things planned, so be sure to visit often.

Tell me – what are you loving and what should I try? I am in desperate need of inspiration! Leave any link you’d like.

81 Responses to “What I’m Loving.”

Abby — September 10, 2010 @ 12:56 pm

Abby Normally turns a year old next week, too!!!!!! We need to get together and celebrate!

RedOne — September 10, 2010 @ 1:34 pm

I’d love to see your take on my favorite Thai dessert – fried bananas w/coconut ice cream!

Chicago Cuisine Critique — September 10, 2010 @ 1:57 pm

Very cute post. Loved it. :)

Pam — September 10, 2010 @ 2:01 pm

I just found your website and I am so excited! I also have a blog where I try to keep a majority of the recipes healthy, so I am in love with yours!

I had to laugh at your pumpkin obsession – I had one of those last year! I think its going to be sweet potatoes this year – I’ve already made cupcakes and have a whole lineup of recipes to try!

I am going to have a lot of fun exploring your blog and following you! (I hope you don’t mind that I have added you to my blogroll, too)

• Jessica — September 11th, 2010 @ 6:32 am

Thanks so much Pam!

Katrina — September 10, 2010 @ 3:24 pm

Thanks for the ideas! Saves me scrolling the pages :)

kyla — September 10, 2010 @ 4:15 pm
    J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) — September 10, 2010 @ 4:41 pm

Hope you perk up! I can’t seem to get enough beans lately. Try chickpeas with hot sauce, they’re quite tasty! Blue cheese is a great addition.

I’ve also been enjoying avocado on everything. So creamy and delicious, sometimes I don’t miss the cheese. Sometimes! :D

Jenn

Kaitlin With Honey — September 10, 2010 @ 4:42 pm

I feel completely obnoxious posting my own link, but I cannot stop eating these bars. It’s actually becoming a problem. http://kaitlinwithhoney.com/2010/09/08/homemade-granola-bars/ Try them!

And then, in an entirely different direction… http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/
    I laughed til I cried!

• Jessica — September 11th, 2010 @ 6:31 am

Not obnoxious at all!! Those look incredible!

Also, that website makes me laugh so hard too.

Cara — September 10, 2010 @ 5:02 pm

Thanks for the inspiration…I have opened all of the links…super yummy recipes.
    Especially the Corn Chowder!

stacey-healthylife — September 10, 2010 @ 5:57 pm

I just met some new interesting people, thanks. :)

Katie (Sweets and Veggies) — September 10, 2010 @ 7:24 pm

I love your idea of posting other people’s recipes! They all look great! Can’t believe your blog is about to be one year old!! Yayy congrats!

Amanda — September 11, 2010 @ 6:53 am

Congrats on your first anniversary! I will be having mine (i am baker) in Oct… I had no idea we were so close in age! ;)

Annie@stronghealthyfit — September 11, 2010 @ 6:59 am

Great post. I don’t really have anything to suggest, but I hope you feel less overwhelmed soon!

Lucy — September 11, 2010 @ 9:02 am

Do you read the King Arthur Flour baking blog? The apple recipe you posted above reminded me a little of the Apple Slab they blogged about earlier this week. It looks amaaaaazing! Here’s the link if you are interested:)

Katie — September 11, 2010 @ 1:02 pm

Thanks for the link love! I love reading about all your other favorites, too!

Erika @ Food, Fitness, & Fun — September 11, 2010 @ 1:19 pm

I just love when bloggers post things they have seen around blogworld! It opens to my eyes to new things I would have never heard of! Here’s my suggestion: For the past couple weeks (months?!) I have been eyeing the homemade pretzel recipes over at http://gamereviewwiki.com/bikinibirthday/2010/06/25/sourdough-pretzels/ Maybe you could make them? I love the carby goodness of soft pretzels! :-)

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy — September 11, 2010 @ 8:49 pm

I so know what you mean by being overwhelmed! I sure wouldn’t mind being under-whelmed with life for awhile!

Nice links, I’ll check more of them out, thanks!