A Day of Eats.

About a billion 3-4 times a day, I get requests to post a day’s worth of eats. I find this odd, but I figured I would please the masses and share a day with you!

This was incredibly… weird. I am not camera-comfortable so this did not come naturally at all. Plus, since I quit my job my daily schedule is still all out of whack. I am getting used to it, but it sure is an adjustment.

That being said – I think I cracked the code on the whole vegetable dilemma. What I’ve learned over the last few weeks is that I absolutely despise vegetables reheated, or leftover vegetables. This would be the number one reason that I haven’t enjoyed a vegetable for years. The meals I have eaten at home since I graduated college have been breakfast and dinner. There is absolutely never going to be vegetables in my breakfast, unless it incorporates a large quantity of bacon. And when dinner time rolled around, I think I was just so soured on vegetables that the thought made me sick.

I still can’t palate the majority of vegetables, but am enamored with the odd ones: brussels sprouts and kale – in chip form of course. And I’ve done spinach in smoothies for years now, so that is no biggie. At least 4-5 days a week I am getting in kale and brussels sprouts. I’m probably going to OD.

So without further ado… here are yesterday’s meals.

While I was working, I’d normally wake up, work out, and then begin my day. I still get up early to work out, but have been blogging first. So this leaves me some time to have a really small snack before exercising. I hate eating much before a workout, so it is usually a bar or fruit and nut butter. In this case, it was a banana and peanut butter. Undocumented!

I usually have 2-3 different breakfasts a week. This one was sprouted toast, eggs, hummus and salsa verde.

I also chopped into my first pomegranate of the season. I really like poms.

For lunch I had some brussels (!) and a caprese quesadilla.

And a honeycrisp and some chocolate almond butter.

I hate almond butter, but I love this.

Then some chocolate chips.

Later I had a strawberry smoothie.

This just has ice, strawberries, milk and yogurt.

And one of these guys.

For dinner, a big pile of kale chips (this is a whole bundle of kale, I hate how much it shrinks down) and a few bowls of grilled chicken pasta that I made.

Then the other half of the pom.

And then, I had the most incredible, decadent and rich dessert I have made to date. I can’t share it with you until next week, but I will let you in on a little secret: it includes peanut butter, pumpkin and chocolate. I promise you will love it! Unless you are like Mr. How Sweet and hate pumpkin.

So there you go… a little glimpse into my daily eats.

41 Responses to “A Day of Eats.”

Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine — October 29, 2010 @ 12:30 pm

I’m mucho impressed by how gourmet all your meals look!! They’re pretty simple but seem delicious. That Justin’s is straight crack :)

megan @ whatmegansmaking — October 29, 2010 @ 12:32 pm

It’s fun to see a post like this! I can’t believe the brussel sprouts and kale are the vegetables you actually like. I’m not a fan of either, except I do like kale in some soups.

That strawberry smoothie looks incredible. I never think to make smoothies without a banana (cause they’re so cheap), but I think I’ll try this.

Kristina @ spabettie — October 29, 2010 @ 12:34 pm

my breakfast often includes egg on bread like that… I don’t think I could EVER get tired of it… YUM !

Jessica — October 29, 2010 @ 12:36 pm

Thanks for doing this.
    I will never understand our obsession of seeing what other people eat for breakfast, but it is a pleasure to see that you eat healthy food in proper amounts.
    Your food is beautiful and your humour is inspiring.

• Jessica — October 29th, 2010 @ 12:45 pm

Aw, that was so sweet. Thank you!

Lauren at KeepItSweet — October 29, 2010 @ 12:37 pm

can’t wait for that dessert recipe! just so you know, i coun’t salsa as a veggie:-) looks like you are doing better than you thought!

• Jessica — October 29th, 2010 @ 12:45 pm

Saaa-weeet! Vegetable at breakfast then.

Alina @ Duty Free Foodie — October 29, 2010 @ 12:38 pm

That quesadilla looks freakin’ awesome.

Melissa (MelissaLikesToEat) — October 29, 2010 @ 12:48 pm

I agree! I think you are doing better vegetable wise than you thought! :)

Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun — October 29, 2010 @ 12:52 pm

We would be great meal buddies. Although I do start my day off with oats…but everything else you would find me eating any day.

Heather (Heather's Dish) — October 29, 2010 @ 12:52 pm

i need that breakfast STAT!

Evan Thomas — October 29, 2010 @ 12:53 pm

I’m a little disappointed at the lack of buttercream here, but I understand we all have our “off” days. You’ll get ‘em next time ;-)

Liz @ Blog is the New Black — October 29, 2010 @ 12:57 pm

Your ‘dilla looks great! I don’t love almond butter, either, but I love Justin!

Jennifer — October 29, 2010 @ 12:58 pm

Thank you for sharing what a day is like for you diet-wise. Do I really have to wait until next week to see the recipe that includes pumpkin, chocolate, and peanut butter? ;) It’s worth it!!

Chicago Cuisine Critique — October 29, 2010 @ 1:00 pm

That is so funny that people are intrigued by a full day of eating. Nice to switch up the posting a bit. :)

Talia @ Texas Gunslinger — October 29, 2010 @ 1:18 pm

I flippin’ can’t wait to see what this dessert is! And, you just reminded me how much I LOVE kale crisps. I think I’ll make some this weekend and snack on em during the game! :)

Oh, and I’m jealous of your strawberry yogurt smoothie! Gah, I miss dairy and will probably take a bath in Greek yogurt post-comp HA! ;)

Kacy — October 29, 2010 @ 1:19 pm

Everything looks great, especially the caprese wrap.

I don’t like pumpkin, but I bet I would still eat it :)

Krystina (Organically Me) — October 29, 2010 @ 1:34 pm

You dessert tease.

the blissful baker — October 29, 2010 @ 2:04 pm

your meals look delicious! and i can’t wait for that dessert recipe, i have a feeling i’m going to be all over it!

lindsay — October 29, 2010 @ 2:13 pm

great day of eats for sure! Now I have to admit something. I never had a fresh POM. Looks like I am missing out!! Eek!
    LC

• Jessica — October 29th, 2010 @ 2:24 pm

Oh girl… you must! I had my first about 3 years ago and fell in LOVE. Granted at that time I had no idea what a blog was, and had no clue (or blog tutorials) on how to cut and eat it. The fresh juice and seeds are delish.

MelissaNibbles — October 29, 2010 @ 2:25 pm

Yum! I like the idea of a caprese quesadilla. Enjoy your weekend!

Candice @ ChiaSeedMe — October 29, 2010 @ 2:30 pm

Love kale chips and HATE the way they shrink. I never make enough!

Your eats looks really tasty. I’m definitely going to have to get ahold of a fresh pomegranate. I’ve had one before, but it’s been a long time. The juice and seeds are making my mouth water, though:)

Meaghen — October 29, 2010 @ 2:45 pm

I love how melty, cheesy and wonderful your quesadilla looks!

I’m glad you don’t post what you eat everyday- I love recipe blogs more than every bite I eat blogs, but it is interesting to see how other people eat sometimes! For someone who doesn’t really like veggies, looks like you got a fair number in. Good for you for continuing to try to find veggies you like!

Naomi(onefitfoodie) — October 29, 2010 @ 2:48 pm

i feel so ungourmet haha I eat out of tupperwares and reheat everything! hahaha that caprese quesadilla is SUCH a good idea!!

• Jessica — October 29th, 2010 @ 2:53 pm

I did that for years! And I’m sure I will be doing it again someday too.

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey — October 29, 2010 @ 4:40 pm

I am proud of you! What a healthy balanced day of eats – veggies and all!

Cara — October 29, 2010 @ 5:08 pm

A great day of eating…yum!

Mary (What's Cookin' with Mary) — October 29, 2010 @ 6:12 pm

Can’t wait to see the recipe!

Wei-Wei — October 29, 2010 @ 7:39 pm

Mmm, lovely, simple, delicious meals! :D

Jane B — October 29, 2010 @ 8:08 pm

You’re much better on the veggies front than you think you are. I don’t think I could sit down to a plate of brussels for lunch.
    I absolutely love pomegranates, especially in salads. And some pomegranate seeds (with lots of juice!) sprinkled over Greek yoghurt with some crushed meringue or macaroon is an awesome dessert.

Anne @ Food Loving Polar Bear — October 30, 2010 @ 12:47 am

Mmmm, that caprese quesadilla looks good!

CaSaundra — October 30, 2010 @ 6:03 am

Looks like your days are filled with scrumptious foods :-)

Cheryl — October 30, 2010 @ 8:38 am

Mmmmm could you provide the recipe of that strawberry smoothie? Looks really good! :)

• Jessica — October 30th, 2010 @ 9:00 am

I didn’t measure anything, but it was probably about 1 cup of milk (I used So Delicious coconut milk in vanilla), 1/2 cup of plain Fage greek yogurt, ice, some vanilla extract and 1/2 cup or so of frozen strawberries.

Kim in MD — October 30, 2010 @ 12:46 pm

I love this post! You are quite the healthy eater, and everything looks amazing! :-)

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — October 30, 2010 @ 5:19 pm

I loved reading about your average day of eats!!!!

janetha — October 31, 2010 @ 1:58 pm

It was fun to see this post!

Kat — November 1, 2010 @ 5:32 am

I love that you posted about a pomegranite! I introduced my husband and his entire family to them. Before me they’ve never even heard of a pomegranite…who does that?!

Olivia — March 13, 2011 @ 1:34 am

Somehow I just came across this post even though it was posted a while ago. Your food looks fantastic! Would you mind providing the chicken and pasta recipe?

1. Pingback: Tweets that mention A Day of Eats. | How Sweet It Is -- Topsy.com