Lately, I have been experiencing intense chocolate peanut butter cravings. No, there is a not a how sweet bun in the oven, though I did dip a tortilla chip into chocolate frosting on Tuesday afternoon. Whatever that means.

I’ve said it countless times but you just can’t go wrong with chocolate and peanut butter. The combination is sublime. Dare I say it’s the best out there?

And granola… well, granola can be my kryptonite.

These are like tiny little granola “muffins.” And since they are mini, that means you can eat a lot of them. More than usual. Like, 3 pounds of granola instead of the usual 2. It’s all about balance.

They are super simple too. I have included my recipe below, but you can take any granola recipe and give it a whirl. The key is making sure the batter is sticky enough and then allowing the granola to cool before you you remove it from the tin.

Then you can have your way with it. Throw it on oatmeal. Stir it into yogurt. Add it on ice cream. Devour it plain. Dip it in more peanut butter. Then roll it in bacon crumbles. See? Whatever you want to do.

They sure are pretty when they are sunbathing too, aren’t they?

And perhaps most importantly, they meet all the qualifications for snacks you want to emotionally eat. Crunchy? Check. Peanut buttery? Check. Chocolate? Check. Irresistible? CHECK.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola Bites

makes about 24 bites

2 cups dry rolled oats

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/4 cup wheat germ

1/4 cup ground flaxseed

1/3 cup chopped almonds

1/2 cup chopped peanuts

1/3 cup chocolate chips (I chopped mine a bit)

1/2 cup peanut butter

1/4 cup honey (approximately, you may need a bit more)

Preheat oven to 325.

Combine oats, flax, wheat germ, salt, nuts and chocolate chips in a bowl and mix. Add peanut butter and mix with 2 spoons, coating as much as you can. Eventually you may need to mix with your hands – I did this to create more of a dough. Add honey slowly and coat thoroughly. If the granola won’t stick together, add more honey 1 teaspoon at a time and really mix with your hands.

Spray a mini muffin tin with non-stick spray. Using and ice cream scoop, scoop balls of granola into the tins, making sure they stick together as best as they can.

Bake for 25 minutes, checking in every 10 minutes to make sure granola isn’t burning. Remove from oven and let cool completely – this is a MUST to ensure the granola sticks together.

When cool, gently twist or use a spoon to remove granola from the tins.

Bite-sized chocolate peanut butter granola for breakfast, lunch and dinner? Color me ecstatic.

99 Responses to “Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola Bites.”

Katie@Cozydelicious — October 28, 2010 @ 11:32 am

Oooh! The perfect portable sweet breakfast treat! I love it!

Jenna — October 28, 2010 @ 11:44 am

Oh. My. Gosh. these look to die for.

Aubri @ Tried and Tried Again — October 28, 2010 @ 12:04 pm

I can’t say that I’m shocked that they look like little muffins :) These look really good, and I’m excited to try them!

Julie (Bananas for Bourbon) — October 28, 2010 @ 12:28 pm

Yummy! I am definitely going to try swapping the chocolate with dried fruit and baking some of these up for my hubby for breakfast. Thanks for the great recipe!

• Jessica — October 28th, 2010 @ 12:31 pm

I love the name of your blog!

jenna — October 28, 2010 @ 12:38 pm

YUM! these look amazing jessica!! i can’t wait to try them.

vincent — October 28, 2010 @ 1:05 pm

Hello,

We bumped into your blog and we really liked it – great recipes YUM YUM.
    We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

enjoy your recipes.

and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on “Add your site”

Best regards,

Vincent
    petitchef.com

Liz @ Blog is the New Black — October 28, 2010 @ 1:23 pm

My waist line expands every time I read your blog…

Jennifer — October 28, 2010 @ 1:31 pm

These are so precious!

Biz — October 28, 2010 @ 1:35 pm

Holy yum, that looks delicoius Jessica! I actually just thought of you as I read Sophia from Burp & Slurp’s last post about bacon jam – knew you would love it!

• Jessica — October 28th, 2010 @ 1:44 pm

You know me well. :)

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) — October 28, 2010 @ 1:35 pm

these look awesome!
    i have no bake granola bars that are sorta on the same principle and b/c i have neither the time nor patience to actually bake them OR scoop them into adorable muffin molds like you do, I push them into a slab in a 9×13 pan into the freezer LOL

Oh and i was looking over your past posts on shoes. Girl. I covet your closet and shoes! I just got a few new pairs of heels and I wish we were the same size or lived closer, Id love to trade Carrie Bradshaw heels with you! Nice Michael Kors and all the Carlos. nice. :)

Balanced Healthy Life — October 28, 2010 @ 1:56 pm

Those look great. PB and chocolate? Yes, Please!!!!

Heather @ Side of Sneakers — October 28, 2010 @ 2:30 pm

You are SO on to something here. I can’t wait to make them. :)

Katrina — October 28, 2010 @ 3:21 pm

Mmmm these look fantastic!

Ellen @FirednFabulous — October 28, 2010 @ 3:33 pm

Heaven in a perfect little ball–YUM!!!

Mary (What's Cookin' with Mary) — October 28, 2010 @ 4:10 pm

YUM! What a great idea Jessica!

Would love to take the granola recipe below and morph it into a granola bite type of thing :D oh… and add chocolate chips !!

Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction — October 28, 2010 @ 4:43 pm

LOVE these! Yum :)

Erin — October 28, 2010 @ 4:58 pm

ooh yummy!! Perfect for packing along during a long bike ride!! :)

Lora @cakeduchess — October 28, 2010 @ 5:30 pm

These look just delicious! I love the recipe. And they’re mini…so cute!:)

Lauren — October 28, 2010 @ 5:44 pm

Such a great idea! These are the perfect little bite when you need something but not really anything. You know what I mean?

Annie@stronghealthyfit — October 28, 2010 @ 7:07 pm

So cute! Perfect use for a mini muffin tin.

Tracy — October 28, 2010 @ 8:14 pm

I love how portable these are!

Leah @ Why Deprive? — October 28, 2010 @ 9:41 pm

Holy yum! I kind of want to live in your kitchen.

Amanda — October 29, 2010 @ 3:48 am

How sweet! (heh, its like you blog name, heh heh)

These look delish!

Theresa @ fiveACCESSORIES — October 29, 2010 @ 6:01 am

Just saw this on twitter. Looks yummy and now I’ll have to get my breakfast because it’s making me hungry! :-)

Ashley @ According to Ashley — October 29, 2010 @ 6:40 pm

Wowzers. Definitely in agreement that chocolate & peanut butter are meant to be together. My mother in law makes these amazing chocolate covered peanut clusters in the crock pot and I CANNOT GET ENOUGH of them. Email me if you ever want to try them!

Kat — October 29, 2010 @ 10:37 pm

I feel like Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola mini-muffins make me wonder which direction is up. Gorgeous, lady!

Sara — October 31, 2010 @ 6:38 am

Okay – – just for kicks, I added CRAISINS. I have a craisin fetish, which I can pretty much keep a secret at this time of year. Can I just say they were delicious. Salty/Nutty? check. Chocolate? check. Tart? check. Yummy? CHECK!

• Jessica — October 31st, 2010 @ 7:09 am

Sounds good to me!

Necia — November 1, 2010 @ 11:20 am

Hi There, I just wanted to delurk and let you know Ive been reading your blog and I LOVE IT! Thanks for helping me past time.

• Jessica — November 1st, 2010 @ 12:16 pm

Thank you for reading!

lola — November 2, 2010 @ 6:54 am

those look so good! i agree, chocolate and peanut butter is the best combination. i have been reading your blog for a while, and i finally decided to comment because i saw a recipe in the latest food and wine that reminded me of you. it was called magic bars, and it had chocolate, coconut, and bacon. possibly caramel too? i don’t remember, but it looked ridiculously amazing.

• Jessica — November 2nd, 2010 @ 8:04 am

That sounds incredible! Thanks for coming out to comment. :)

Ally — February 21, 2011 @ 4:05 am

Yum! I just made a variation of these bites based on some muesli in the pantry that was mocking me for letting it get close to it’s useby date. I love the inclusion of wheat germ and the linseed meal in your recipe; it’s what really drew me to making a batch. I do believe I’ll be making them with chocolate chips next time too :D

Erin — April 29, 2012 @ 12:29 pm

I just wanted to come out of the shadows and tell you that I have been making these bites periodically since you’ve posted them and love them! I usually use honey roasted peanuts and almond meal instead of flax, but they are SOOOO good! Great little snack as is, crumbled up over yogurt, or on top of a bowl of oats. Love. Thanks!

1. Pingback: Tweets that mention Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola Bites. | How Sweet It Is -- Topsy.com

2. Pingback: Homemade Animal Crackers | How Sweet It Is

3. Pingback: What to do with a close ‘Best Before’ date | allysnomblog

4. Pingback: What to do with a close ‘Best Before’ date «

5. Pingback: Gaga for Granola « My Shiny Life

6. Pingback: Fruit and Nut Granola Bites | Sweet Pea's Kitchen

7. Pingback: Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola Bites (via @HowSweetBlog) | Roller Koester Runs

8. Pingback: Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola Bars | The Spiffy Cookie

9. Pingback: Sweet Pea's Kitchen » Fruit and Nut Granola Bites

10. Pingback: 7 Tantalizing Weight Loss Breakfast Ideas You'll Love | How To Lose Weight Without Fad Dieting