Giving it 100%.

It can’t be denied that I am a very passionate person. The thing is, passion in my life goes both ways. I am super passionate about the things I love, but also about the things I don’t. I need to work on this, but I only give 100% to things I absolutely am captivated with.

Let me clarify in case you don’t understand. I try to give 100% to everything, but sometimes I just fall short. See? I’ve outlined it for you below.

Cleaning off my stand mixer: 23% (huge pet peeve of Mr. How Sweet.)

Frying bacon: 100%

Making our bed: 0%

Wasting time: 100%

Watching trash on TV: 100%

Vacuuming: 60% (I can’t handle this. Crumbs irritate me.)

Showering: 75% (I’m lazy.)

Blogging: 100%

Trying new vegetables: 2%

Wearing only sweatpants: 100%

Cleaning out my car: 0%

Picking my clothes up off the floor: 3%

Spending money: 100%

I rest my case.

But just in case you still don’t understand, here is what I spent the majority of my morning on. I should have been cleaning, doing laundry, writing, exercising, and showering, but instead I gave 100% to these cupcakes.

If you have yet to make these cupcakes, what are you waiting for? I don’t give a flying fig if the cake is a boxed mix and the frosting is only butter, sugar, flour and whole milk. And butter. They are so good. So, so, so good.

38 Responses to “Giving it 100%.”

Monique — October 23, 2010 @ 10:31 am

LOVE IT! I’m glad you give 150%/100% to eating/bloggin. Inspirational :)

Wei-Wei — October 23, 2010 @ 10:32 am

Oh, my goodness. I think I’d give 1000% to those cupcakes.

Evan Thomas — October 23, 2010 @ 10:34 am

This post made me laugh out loud. I am completely with you: There is no room for slacking in frying bacon.

Rachel — October 23, 2010 @ 10:35 am

This post and especially those cupcakes put a big smile on my face. I want one. I’ve never dipped any in sprinkles before.

• Jessica — October 23rd, 2010 @ 10:37 am

You must try! It gives them such a nice, crunchy texture. We love it.

Ashley — October 23, 2010 @ 10:47 am

Love that list, hehehe :) mmmm the best frosting everrrrrrrrrrr

Taylor — October 23, 2010 @ 10:58 am

I gave 100% to not doing anything productive except make pancakes this morning…totally worth it! I just might have to give 100% at making these cupcakes too!

Becca — October 23, 2010 @ 11:12 am

They look gorgeous! And I do love a girl who is really committed to her bacon.

Lisa @ I'm an Oie — October 23, 2010 @ 11:22 am

how do you make food so pretty?!

Lauren at KeepItSweet — October 23, 2010 @ 11:53 am

i love that list and can say i am the same way on so many of those things….

steph@stephsbitebybite — October 23, 2010 @ 12:07 pm

I say as long as you give a percent, that’s all that matters :)

Leah @ Why Deprive? — October 23, 2010 @ 12:32 pm

I would rather make cupcakes than clean the house too. Besides, as long as you don’t look too close, you can hardly tell anythings dirty.

Jamie @ Food in Real Life — October 23, 2010 @ 1:49 pm

You’re hilarious. My husband is 2% on cleaning out the sink. Which I guess makes me 98% there.

Alina (Duty Free Foodie) — October 23, 2010 @ 2:41 pm

Hahaha … I am also 100% on cooking with butter!!
    But 0% for picking up clothes on the floor. Except, of course, when I am piling them up on the banister (until my boyfriend gets fed up and dumps the pile into my bathtub).

Chicago Cuisine Critique — October 23, 2010 @ 3:28 pm

Cute post. These cupcakes look delish!

Natalia - a side of simple — October 23, 2010 @ 3:54 pm

You win some, you lose some, sometimes you try, other times you don’t. Come tasting time, those cupcakes, bathed in sprinkles, are all that matters :)

Rebecca — October 23, 2010 @ 5:28 pm

HAHA that is classic…I feel ya, sister! Except, I’m thinking I need a definition of old granny music – though I feel certain I’m with you on that one, too! :)

Liz @ Tip Top Shape — October 23, 2010 @ 6:37 pm

Ha, I love that the “eating” was 150%. I’m with you there, girl! lol

Those cupcakes look delicious! Totally don’t mind it being boxed, either. I used to be against boxed mixes but then my mom sent me a Pumpkin Muffin mix. Well, I am never one to turn down pumpkin (or things from my mother) so I made them. I ate way too many of those muffins to every say another bad thing about boxed mixes again.

Mary @ stylefyles — October 23, 2010 @ 7:06 pm

haha, we give similar percentages of our energy to many of the same things! I wish I spent the day giving 100 percent to these awesome looking cupcakes….ever since I first saw them I’ve been craving them BIG time. They look so sweet and perfect topped with sprinkles. These need to happen soon for me.

kel — October 23, 2010 @ 7:42 pm

you are so dang cute lady! enjoy your time not working :) you deserve it!

Jihane (Sinful Sundays) — October 23, 2010 @ 7:51 pm

LOL! I love how you admit that you don’t care about making your bed or picking your clothes up off the floor. I’m all about people keeping it real. =)

FYI, I’m making these cupcakes next week for a Halloween party. I’ve never had them, but I heard they’re good!

Zerique — October 23, 2010 @ 8:19 pm

very nice list. i’m the same with effort. sometimes i start the project already knowing it will only be half done. like laundry for example, gets worn and washed at least three times before its actually put back in the drawer or closet.

Amanda — October 24, 2010 @ 5:16 am

This is hilarious. And the cupcakes look fantastic!!! You make me laugh about %99 of the time. (cause sometimes you are serious, and I love that about you too!)

Kylie @ A Hungry Spoon — October 24, 2010 @ 5:34 am

Delicious! These cupcakes looks so tasty. And I love your percentage break-down. It’s so funny that you mention the stand mixer thing–although I’m the only one who bakes in our house, it’s my husband’s pet peeve that I don’t wipe down the stand mixer! He always does it when I’m done :)

Becca — October 24, 2010 @ 6:17 am

I’m VERY excited, but equally worried right now… After reading through your list, it is clearly evident to me that you and I are twins who were separated at birth! My list matched yours with 99.9% accuracy (I gave myself a 60% on trying new vegetables). Why am I worried about this? Because you are at least a decade younger than I am…and you’re gorgeous on a level that I never achieved and am far too old to ever achieve at this point. Mom must have liked you better! :-D

Naomi(onefitfoodie) — October 24, 2010 @ 9:46 am

hahahah i love you

Anne @ Food Loving Polar Bear — October 24, 2010 @ 10:18 am

I would forget cleaning and other stuff too I’d get my hands on those cupcakes!

Kim in MD — October 24, 2010 @ 10:56 am

Well, at least you have your priorities straight! ;-)

Katie — October 24, 2010 @ 12:10 pm

I LOVE those little round baby sprinkles on the cupcakes – they are beautiful and so enticing!! I would give 100% to eating those.

Also, I feel you on cleaning off the stand mixer – mine constantly has flour/batter all over the top of it. I can’t be bothered to clean it off if it’s only going to get messy again soon.

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey — October 24, 2010 @ 6:07 pm

That list was absolutely incredible. I too do not give 100% on cleaning out my car which drives the husband to tears.

Natalie (The Sweets Life) — October 24, 2010 @ 7:52 pm

haha this post cracked me up. like you, i hate cleaning my kitchen-aid mixer, so i don’t…which drives my husband crazy as well! :) similarly, i refuse to make the bed…we have a rule that last one out has to make it so you can bet i always make sure to jump out first!

Andrea — October 24, 2010 @ 8:00 pm

Umm, YUM.

Kacy — October 25, 2010 @ 8:17 am

Hahaha, loved this. I’m very passionate too – about my DVR, the perfect jean/boot combo, wine… Those things count, right?

Trish — October 26, 2010 @ 6:50 am

I made a cake with that recipe after you posted it before and I seriously wanted to make love to it. I eventually had to start giving slices of it away to anyone who would take some so I wouldn’t eat the whole thing.

Mr. How Sweet It Is — October 26, 2010 @ 9:53 am

“Cleaning off my stand mixer: 23%”

It is so difficult to accurately judge one self. :)

Rachel Wilkerson — October 26, 2010 @ 5:56 pm

That list is so funny!! Love it. I’m the same way, and my boyfriend gets so exasperated that I give 5% to things like loading the dishwasher. (It goes where it fits, sorry, over it, don’t care.) I think it’s because I give 100% to so many other things, but if it’s not interesting to me or just a pain in the ass, I simply can’t!

• Jessica — October 26th, 2010 @ 6:30 pm

Loading the dishwasher probably gets an 8% on my list. I can’t believe my husband hasn’t divorced me over it. I despise doing it too and throw everything in until it’s a giant cluster. Then I refuse to unload it.

1. Pingback: Tweets that mention Giving it 100%. | How Sweet It Is -- Topsy.com