Saturday and Sunday mornings are when most of the magic happens here. I love nothing more than getting up and baking each morning in the kitchen. I also prep some of our lunches and dinners these mornings. Mr. How Sweet eats like a pubescent 15 year old boy, so we must be prepared.

Here’s a glimpse into the madness…

[recipe inspiration]

[making my own brown sugar]

[quality control]

[messes everywhere]

Mr. How Sweet and I are off to a wedding today. I can’t wait – I love weddings!

22 Responses to “Mornings in the How Sweet Kitchen.”

Tina — October 2, 2010 @ 7:00 am

Have a great day at the wedding!

And I think having to get up and cook first thing in the morning (besides breakfast) would be the end of me. LOL When I win the lottery can I hire you as my personal live in chef? Purty please! :D

Lauren at KeepItSweet — October 2, 2010 @ 7:01 am

have fun! we have a wedding tonight, too. can’t wait to hear about your new project!

megan — October 2, 2010 @ 7:04 am

I’m doing the exact same thing this morning! :) Lots of baking and prepping for the week – it’s my favorite time!

Sarena (The Non Dairy Queen) — October 2, 2010 @ 7:10 am

Looks like a perfect Saturday and Sunday to me! Have a great day Jessica!

Jil @ Peace, Love & Munchies — October 2, 2010 @ 7:27 am

Have a great day at the wedding – and my kitchen is a messssss right now…in the process of cooking. haha Love the making of brown sugar…so easy – esp when you forget you’ve run out…like I often do.

Katie — October 2, 2010 @ 7:42 am

Ooooh baking then a wedding – what a perfect Saturday! Have a great day. :-)

Chicago Cuisine Critique — October 2, 2010 @ 7:51 am

Yum! Those oils and vinegars sound awesome. I may have to look into ordering some for myself. :)

Cynthia (It All Changes) — October 2, 2010 @ 8:08 am

To make your own brown sugar all you need is black strap molasses and white sugar?

Please say yes because I can have molasses but not cane sugar. I use beet sugar which is a great sub, but haven’t found a brown sugar sub.

Naomi(onefitfoodie) — October 2, 2010 @ 8:43 am

i NEED to try those balsamic vinegars!!!!! you are teasing me with these pics!

homemade brown sugar?? you are TOO much! <3 have a fabulous day love!

Kim in MD — October 2, 2010 @ 9:03 am

My favorite way to start the day! Can I come over and help cook? :-)

Kristina @ spabettie — October 2, 2010 @ 9:26 am

those oils look amazing… especially the porcini ??? I may have to hunt those down…

• Jessica — October 2nd, 2010 @ 9:40 am

You can get them at http://www.fustinis.com! Not in stores, other than their own stores which are in Michigan.

Chrissy — October 2, 2010 @ 9:37 am

I love your idea of making actual meals for lunches. I’m going to start doing that. Beats the heck out of sandwiches, right?

Wei-Wei — October 2, 2010 @ 9:42 am

Can I sleepover at your house and help make breakfast?

Liz @ LBBakes — October 2, 2010 @ 10:33 am

Making your own b. sugar? Do tell how!

Melissa (MelissaLikesToEat) — October 2, 2010 @ 10:37 am

We are off to a wedding today too! I love weddings!

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) — October 2, 2010 @ 11:31 am

Hi beautiful…

Your last post about having doubts but praying and having a lead on the part time job…awesome!!! Change and uncertainty of the future and what i holds is probably what keeps the majority of people doing their unhappy job/marriage/friendships/dietary path/etc that they have always done b/c they are scared of the future and change. I am glad you are breaking free and can’t wait to see what happens!

Have fun at the wedding!

Danielle — October 2, 2010 @ 2:39 pm

Weddings are super fun!! :)

Wow – all of these exotic vinegars – I’ve never seen the likes of them!

Paige @ Running Around Normal — October 2, 2010 @ 7:17 pm

I’m that way around the holidays – any more and it’s too much for me! Now if I had your mad baking skills, we’d have another story!

Aunt Lollie — October 3, 2010 @ 7:39 am

Those vinegars looks wonderful!
    I can’t wait to see what you made and how you do that trick of partially lining the muffin papers.

Enjoy the wedding!

teresa — October 3, 2010 @ 10:01 pm

Good Lordy Girlie!
    You make your own BROWN SUGAR!
    I just fainted!
    Wow~zie!
    xoxoxoxo

1. Pingback: Tweets that mention Mornings in the How Sweet Kitchen. | How Sweet It Is -- Topsy.com