And no, I’m not talking about how he was first in line at Target for Taylor Swift’s new album yesterday.

See, I left out a teensy, tiny detail about my shoes. Mr. How Sweet enables my obsession. In fact, he contributes to it.

Not only did he buy me these shoes:

But he also bought me these ones:

And these:

And these too:

And they don’t always have to be fancy.

But I really like when they are.

He got me these shoes when he got me this dress:

And it seems he likes to buy dresses too.

But that’s a whole other animal.

He is a great shopper and gift giver, no? Now you can see why I may have been a little… unsure about him when we first met. Luckily, it all works out in my favor.

He supports my habit. It is all his fault.

62 Responses to “Mr. How Sweet: The Enabler.”

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat — October 26, 2010 @ 12:59 pm

OMG…. a husband that buys you shoes and dresses??? Where can I find one?

Teri [a foodie stays fit] — October 26, 2010 @ 1:01 pm

hahaha! My husband is a total enabler too! I hate spending money but Rob has talked me into sooo many expensive shoe and clothing purchases! He’s a great shopper. We are lucky gals.

Although I think my hunting, cowboy brothers are still a little “unsure” about him. haha!

• Jessica — October 26th, 2010 @ 1:03 pm

Well… I certainly don’t hate spending money. Hahahah.

Estela @ Weekly Bite — October 26, 2010 @ 1:02 pm

Hahahahaha!

Please don’t tell me he was really first in line for the new Taylor Swift!

• Jessica — October 26th, 2010 @ 1:03 pm

He was. He LOVES her.

• Mr. How Sweet It Is — October 26th, 2010 @ 1:16 pm

Taylor Swift is an angel.

Melissa — October 26, 2010 @ 1:02 pm

I used to think my boyfriend was fueling my habit, but then I realized I just stopped taking no for answer.
    No one likes an angry Melissa in a shoe store, he would vow to that.
    Now he says ” if you get shoes, i get pizza”
    I say ” HECK YES”

Monique — October 26, 2010 @ 1:03 pm

*gasp*
    Where can i get one of those? (the man, not the shoes!) lol

Stacy — October 26, 2010 @ 1:03 pm

My hubby does that for our daughter. Unfortunately for him, I’m not a clothing and shoe sales person. Take me to a craft or fabric store and I’m all for it LOL Although he does go shopping with me there and usually gets me the colors I need lol

Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine — October 26, 2010 @ 1:05 pm

Enablers are the best. My BF’s uncle works high up at Cole Haan, so he gets a 75% discount on all their stuff. I get Cole Haan for every special occasion, and I don’t even feel bad since he pays so little for it :) Hehe…

Sana — October 26, 2010 @ 1:05 pm

DAMN! I need a hubby like that STAT!

megan @ whatmegansmaking — October 26, 2010 @ 1:06 pm

hahaha I loved this post. My husband is unfortunately not the same way. I think he would buy me some new shoes just because he wants me to dress more trendy. But he’s pretty cheap overall (so am I, so it works out well) :)

Heather (Heather's Dish) — October 26, 2010 @ 1:06 pm

yeah, nate wants me to shop for more cute stuff but i need him to enable me too :)

Courtney — October 26, 2010 @ 1:08 pm

My husband does my hair. And he does my friends’ hair. They brag him up, saying that their friend’s husband did it, and everyone gives them looks, like “oh yeah, and when is he going to come out of the closet?!”

Personally, I absolutely love the fact that I have my very own, live-in hair stylist!

Jessica — October 26, 2010 @ 1:13 pm

I am completely jealous!

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg — October 26, 2010 @ 1:13 pm

See, it’s an even trade! Mr. How Sweet might not bake bread, but he gives MUCH better gifts than Ryan! I shudder to think about the dresses that Ryan would pick out to give to me as presents. I have returned about 80% of the gifts that he’s gotten me in the past…I’m that kind of wife :-)

Alina @ Duty Free Foodie — October 26, 2010 @ 1:13 pm

Wow, I never would have thought after all of those pictures of him doing manly things like basketball. And his eating habits. Good for you!!

Kacy — October 26, 2010 @ 1:13 pm

Hahaha, I need to find a man like that. I love it. He has exquisite taste!

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey — October 26, 2010 @ 1:36 pm

He is a great gift giver – introduce my husband to him!!!!

Katie @ Healthy Heddleston — October 26, 2010 @ 1:36 pm

AWww so sweet — he is a great shopper!

Liz @ Blog is the New Black — October 26, 2010 @ 1:41 pm

Wow, I’m impressed! If I don’t specify what I want I get gift cards!

Lauren at KeepItSweet — October 26, 2010 @ 1:44 pm

the man has good taste!

Kat — October 26, 2010 @ 1:49 pm

I am so jealous I might actually stop reading this blog once and for all. I’m jk. I would die. My husband and I have a very different relationship. He doesn’t deny me my habbits but he doesn’t encourage them either. Plus he has NO fashion sense (unless the same shirt in 10 colors is fashion sense…it’s not FYI). And usually he says things like, WHAT IS THAT?! Do you honestly need that? Seriously, don’t you already have a pair JUST like that? But I use shoes as ways to end arguments. i.e. Jon: “I am going to go to walmart and buy two HDMI cables because although we already have 5045049825092485 of them, we somehow need more. Oh and they’re like $75 each.” Me: “Fine, but I get to buy the equivalent in shoes.” End of argument.

Mary @ Stylefyles — October 26, 2010 @ 1:55 pm

ooooooooooooooooo LOVE the animal print! enable away!

Karen — October 26, 2010 @ 2:06 pm

WOW!!! Can he train my boyfriend to shop like that?!?!?!

Chicago Cuisine Critique — October 26, 2010 @ 2:11 pm

Sounds like a great husband to me. He needs to teach my guy a thing or two. :)

Ravenous Rowie — October 26, 2010 @ 2:30 pm

You lucky lady! I wish my husband were so understanding about shoes! Mr. How Sweet has some Sweet taste though! Awesome shoes ya got there!

Krystina (Organically Me) — October 26, 2010 @ 2:34 pm

Oh, the horror! :P

the blissful baker — October 26, 2010 @ 2:45 pm

mr. how sweet is soo sweet!

Jessie K — October 26, 2010 @ 3:00 pm

Ahhh aren’t husbands wonderful?? Mine is the same way!

Jennifer@ knackfornutrition — October 26, 2010 @ 3:14 pm

Clearly your husband is a wise man. He knows the perfect way to a girl’s heart with shoes and dresses. :) I’m glad you found a keeper lol.

Camille — October 26, 2010 @ 3:22 pm

Mr. How Sweet needs to give my hubby a lesson or two….not joking!

Naomi(onefitfoodie) — October 26, 2010 @ 3:26 pm

ahhh the spotted shoes and dress…waer them together please?!?!? :)

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — October 26, 2010 @ 4:45 pm

My husband is a fashion enabler too … and I LOVE it :-)

Natalie — October 26, 2010 @ 4:56 pm

omg i want the black and white shoes… so fantastic… my bf limits my trips to dsw (my weak spot) to twice a year and when i go i have to get rid of at least one pair of shoes at home… keeps the finances in check but it def has put a damper on the fashion…

if the bf was allowed to pick my clothes/shoes all i would own would be carhart and construction/hiking boots… he doesn’t even own a pair of tennis shoes… lol does mr. how sweet teach a style class…??

Cynthia (It All Changes) — October 26, 2010 @ 5:14 pm

He buys shoes, dresses and has style!!!! You found the perfect man. :-)

Hunni is getting better at choosing things but then he randomly will pick out something odd.

• Jessica — October 26th, 2010 @ 6:29 pm

Close enough…. a 7!

Mary (What's Cookin' with Mary) — October 26, 2010 @ 5:23 pm

awwwwwwwwww! what a sweetie!!

Mellissa — October 26, 2010 @ 5:43 pm

My husband buys me purses, I think he has bought me at least 10 of them. That is one of the many reasons I love him.

Eunice — October 26, 2010 @ 6:05 pm

I have some space for those shoes here in my closet. Are you a 7 1/2 by any chance? :)

andrea — October 26, 2010 @ 6:10 pm

those shoes are beauties but just looking at them makes my feet hurt..im so jealous!!!

Wei-Wei — October 26, 2010 @ 6:38 pm

I love those black shoes with the stripey interior!

Leah @ Why Deprive? — October 26, 2010 @ 6:44 pm

A man who buys cute shoes? AND dresses? Where can I find one?

Katie — October 26, 2010 @ 7:04 pm

Meeker loves to shop for me too – which is the best thing EVER because I hate shopping! Mr. How Sweet had great taste!

Kristy — October 27, 2010 @ 4:55 am

Sheesh! And my man usually just buys me choclate chip morsals :-( to make him cookies!

Kim in MD — October 27, 2010 @ 5:27 am

Wow…Mr. How Sweet the picky eater has redeemed himself in my book! :-)
    Thoses are some gorgeous shoes and dresses! He has fabulous taste, Jessica!

Diane — October 27, 2010 @ 6:31 am

LOVE the black and white heels (last pic)!

My husband’s gift giving, definitely trumps yours. I put my shredder to good use, dammit! ;P

Megan H — October 27, 2010 @ 7:28 am

Can Mr. How Sweet please come to my house and train my husband that having a shoe obsession is not a bad thing and that he should help me by buying me more? You are so lucky!! AND he has good taste in shoes and dresses!! Congrats on finding a perfect man! lol

MrsABC1016 — October 27, 2010 @ 7:40 am

I think that’s the sweetest thing! (c: My hubby buys me clothes, and about 90% of the time he does a great job, so I can’t complain! We still argue about purses, because I seriously NEED everyone I have and he doesn’t get it, but we’ve only been married for one year, so I’ve got time! ha! (c:

Abby — October 27, 2010 @ 1:04 pm

If only it worked that way in my life. Hmph.

Rachel — October 27, 2010 @ 4:34 pm

I must have those shoes(the last pair!) Where did he get them!?

• Jessica — October 27th, 2010 @ 6:06 pm

White House Black Market but they are from 2008!

Tracy — October 27, 2010 @ 5:58 pm

Aw, how sweet! I always have to have hubby come shopping with me…he always knows what looks good, and I am a bit fashion impaired. ;-)

Anne @ Food Loving Polar Bear — October 28, 2010 @ 2:28 am

WOW, your husband has an excellent taste in clothes and in shoes.. and he buys them to you. He’s a keeper ;) mine usually buys gadgets for me :D

Nic — October 28, 2010 @ 8:31 am

I want your closet! I’m lovin all of your shoes!

1. Pingback: Tweets that mention Mr. How Sweet: The Enabler. | How Sweet It Is -- Topsy.com

2. Pingback: [almost] Wordless Wednesday. | How Sweet It Is