Ever since I had my first quinoa parfait on Labor Day, I haven’t been able to stop thinking about it. The texture, the taste… it was perfect. Plus, I really love yogurt but I don’t love it plain. I am always looking for new things to add in.

Naturally, I was adamant that my next parfait was going to contain pumpkin.

This time I also included graham cracker crumbs. They are so underrated. I love them so much that sometimes I consider simply eating a bowl containing a smidge of melted butter + graham cracker crumbs. Like a pie crust but without the filling.

Bonus points if you make your own grahams.  I didn’t have time for such shenanigans. But I’m hoping to make them soon. As long as I don’t gobble them up straight from the oven, I will share the details.

One of the reasons I adore this parfait is that I love making healthy snacks that are fun and pretty. It is also stacked with protein-packed yogurt and quinoa, and fiber-rich pumpkin. Topped off with a sprinkle of pecans – you get a delicious balanced treat.

Pumpkin Pie Quinoa Parfaits

serves 2

2 cups greek yogurt

2/3 cups pumpkin puree

2 teaspoons pumpkin spice

1 teaspoon cinnamon

1/8 cup graham cracker crumbs

1/4 cup dry quinoa

pecans for garnish

Prepare quinoa according to directions. While cooking, mix yogurt, pumpkin and pumpkin spice together. Fill the bottom of 2 glasses with 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs each. Spoon 1/2 cup of yogurt pumpkin mixture into glass.

Once quinoa is finished, season with cinnamon and let cool – I place mine in the fridge for 5 minutes. Once cool, add 1/2 cup quinoa to parfaits, then top with remaining greek yogurt. Sprinkle with pecans.

Eat up!

102 Responses to “Pumpkin Pie Quinoa Parfaits.”

Erica — October 6, 2010 @ 4:08 am

oh my gosh…I’m totally having a parfait for breakfast and I cannot wait after seeing this! Um graham is underrated. I made some graham pancakes last year and they were delicious…

Marlon (MeInTheBalance) — October 6, 2010 @ 4:09 am

Mmmm… that looks so good. Definitely going to the store to pick up some pumpkin. I will be eating this after work today. Thanks for sharing :)

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey — October 6, 2010 @ 4:16 am

This looks AMAZING! I just made pumpkin quinoa granola the other day – I love the way quinoa adds a different texture to the mix!

Estela @ Weekly Bite — October 6, 2010 @ 4:16 am

I’m embarrassed to say I still haven’t tried quinoa yet :(

This looks delicious though!

Hazel — October 6, 2010 @ 4:31 am

This has got to be one of the most amazing things I have ever seen! Can’t wait to give it a try :)

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg — October 6, 2010 @ 4:34 am

These are beautiful! I feel like you could even pass these off as dessert!

Lauren at KeepItSweet — October 6, 2010 @ 4:41 am

so fun for breakfast or dessert:-) I love graham cracker crumbs on fro yo

barefootgirl27 — October 6, 2010 @ 4:56 am

I love quinoa.. but have yet to try it all sweetened up…

This may have just changed that for me :)

I just might top mine with roasted pumpkin seeds…

• Jessica — October 6th, 2010 @ 4:59 am

That sounds delish.

Heather @ Side of Sneakers — October 6, 2010 @ 4:56 am

You are MOST definitely on to something here. Something fabulous :)

Heather — October 6, 2010 @ 5:02 am

yum! making parfaits pretty is such a great way to really enjoy them. i’ll take this one any day :)

Kristen @ That Hoosier Girl — October 6, 2010 @ 5:16 am

I’ve always just thought of quinoa as savory…definitely need to try it like this.

I love how yours always look so pretty…mine would inevitably have a big glob going down the side of the glass :)

Joanna Sutter (Fitness & Spice) — October 6, 2010 @ 5:18 am

You’re so creative! What a great combo and a beautiful presentation.

Amalia — October 6, 2010 @ 5:19 am

I have read that quinoa is really good! I have never tried it, but I will soon!
    I love parfaits too!

-Amalia

CaSaundra — October 6, 2010 @ 5:22 am

Once again, you’ve made something that literally makes me want to drool!

shannon — October 6, 2010 @ 5:26 am

That looks incredible! I am loving all the pumpkin ideas this fall… for a week straight I had a pumpkinpie-esque bowl of overnight oats, so delish!

I can’t wait to try your parfait!

Liz @ Bog is the New Black — October 6, 2010 @ 5:31 am

I don’t even like yogurt but you bloggers always make me want to!!!

Matt — October 6, 2010 @ 5:48 am

Looks delicious!

Erica — October 6, 2010 @ 5:49 am

This looks great even if I’m not a fan of quinoa. Anything pumpkin is bound to be good!

Sarena (The Non Dairy Queen) — October 6, 2010 @ 5:58 am

Quinoa is such an amazing ingredients! I love making quinoa puddings with peanut butter! Your take on the parfait sounds delicious! Have a great day Jessica!

• Jessica — October 6th, 2010 @ 6:12 am

Making it with peanut butter sounds incredible. I need to try that.

Jil @ Peace, Love & Munchies — October 6, 2010 @ 6:03 am

The is gorgeous!! and sounds wonderful.

Tabitha (From Single to Married) — October 6, 2010 @ 6:08 am

Just when I think you can’t get better than the pumpkin cupcakes, you go and show us this. :)

Holly @ couchpotatoathlete — October 6, 2010 @ 6:10 am

I love quinoa for breakfast, and adding the pumpkin to it makes it look so perfect for fall. Thanks for sharing!

Rachel @ The Avid Appetite — October 6, 2010 @ 6:19 am

What a brilliant idea! The addition of quinoa seems like this would almost make it into a rice pudding-like mixture, which I such a fan of! Oh and adding pumpkin makes anything better!

Elle — October 6, 2010 @ 6:24 am

What a great idea! I really need to make these, soon!

Katie — October 6, 2010 @ 6:27 am

Gorgeous! Also, I have a little obsession with graham cracker crubs…there was an ice cream place i lived near in college that offered them as a “topping” – so dang good.

Jenna — October 6, 2010 @ 6:31 am

I’ve never had quinoa before, but that may have to change because I need to make this parfait. Your presentation is beautiful, too, which makes me want to eat this right off of the screen!

• Jessica — October 6th, 2010 @ 6:48 am

Thank you!

Krystina — October 6, 2010 @ 6:32 am

I’ve been wanting to do a quinoa parfait for a while now. I need to veganize this!

• Jessica — October 6th, 2010 @ 6:47 am

If you do, let me know!

Heidi — October 6, 2010 @ 6:38 am

Sigh…I love you. Is that ok? I’ll be making these little lovelies asap!

• Jessica — October 6th, 2010 @ 6:47 am

More than ok. :)

nikki — October 6, 2010 @ 6:51 am

I noticed your photography skills are getting better, I wish I could say the same for me.

• Jessica — October 6th, 2010 @ 6:53 am

Thank you so much! That really means a lot to me.

Cara craves... — October 6, 2010 @ 7:09 am

Parfait perfection. Well done!

Biz — October 6, 2010 @ 7:12 am

Yep, totally stealing that idea from you!! Thanks – I never in a million years would have thought to use quinoa that way!

Shanna, Like Banana — October 6, 2010 @ 7:13 am

Hmm, I wonder if this could be baked somehow for another added tasty level :)

Talia @ Texas Gunslinger — October 6, 2010 @ 7:16 am

Girl, you should start making videos to teach us how to cook these things. I am NOT a cook and get so intimidated in the kitchen. I bought some quinoa about 2 months ago and it has just been staring at me on the top shelf of our pantry ever since because I have NO CLUE what to do with it or how to cook it HA!

This dish looks so yummy and pretty. Perfection! :)

Jessie K — October 6, 2010 @ 7:17 am

Yummmmm! So easily turned gluten free with GF graham crackers! Yay!

Madeline - Greens and Jeans — October 6, 2010 @ 7:30 am

I think these are some of the prettiest pictures you’ve taken! Or maybe it’s just that I love anything pumpkin pie…

Courtney (Pancakes & Postcards) — October 6, 2010 @ 7:34 am

delish and beautiful… like always!

Bec — October 6, 2010 @ 7:39 am

Lovely photos! This recipe might even get me to try quinoa, which scares me for some reason.

Jenny — October 6, 2010 @ 7:45 am

Oh my gracious, what a tasty idea! I can’t wait to try! I’ve never had quinoa before!

Natalia - a side of simple — October 6, 2010 @ 8:06 am

Mmm I’m on a quinoa kick right now and this is perfect!

Camille — October 6, 2010 @ 8:10 am

Ooh, that looks awesome!

Andrea (@ Puppy Dog Tales) — October 6, 2010 @ 8:16 am

What a great idea. I kind of forgot about graham crackers…except when I was eating smores at the beach. haha! I love them too…nothing like a great graham cracker crust!

Camille — October 6, 2010 @ 8:21 am

Still haven’t tried quinoa but I bought a box yesterday! Can’t wait to try this. It looks amazing. :)

Liz @ Tip Top Shape — October 6, 2010 @ 8:40 am

This sounds amazing!

the country cook @ Delightful Country Cookin — October 6, 2010 @ 9:00 am

those are just lovely! I still haven’t tried quinoa for breakfast, but someday soon…

Caitlin — October 6, 2010 @ 9:12 am

Confession: Quinoa scares me. Not only do I not know how to pronounce it, I fear it will be too crunchy and stick in my teeth like popcorn.

Jessica@tastyandtrim — October 6, 2010 @ 9:19 am

This is SUCH a fabulous idea. I would have never thought to make a quinoa parfait – it looks delicious! You always seems to come up with the most genius creations :)

Katrina — October 6, 2010 @ 9:20 am

Great idea! This looks awesome!

Beth @ bethcooks — October 6, 2010 @ 9:40 am

This is such a great idea. I eat breakfast at work though— not sure if I could bring all these ingredients in for assembling….we’ll see though! It looks delicious….

• Jessica — October 6th, 2010 @ 9:50 am

Prepare it at home and take it with you! I mix everything up into a big mess anyway. :)

Ali — October 6, 2010 @ 9:50 am

Oh! If you like graham cracker crumbs, I have a dessert you absolutely have to try! A friend and I sell gift baskets of these bars that we make and they are SO graham-cracker-good! When I make them I always secretly hope for leftover crust to just eat from the bowl. Graham crumbs + butter + cinnamon = all things right in the world. I swear! I’d be happy to ship you a sample! Email me if you’re interested. Thanks for the post, so excited it’s finally pumpkin season again!

Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking — October 6, 2010 @ 9:53 am

This has to be THE most creative fall recipe I’ve seen so far – I’ve seen a lot of the same things, but this is so unique, and it looks delicious! Thanks for sharing!

1. Pingback: Tweets that mention Pumpkin Pie Quinoa Parfaits. | How Sweet It Is -- Topsy.com

2. Pingback: Fall Superfood Recipe Roundup « Eat, Spin, Run, Repeat

3. Pingback: It really is sweet! | SNACKS AND THE CITY

4. Pingback: Friday Favorites! | Simple Eats

5. Pingback: Pumpkin Quinoa | How Do You Cook Quinoa?

6. Pingback: Healthy Recipes Using Greek Yogurt & Pumpkin | FT Gets Results

7. Pingback: Week 47: Pepper Your Kitchen with Bloggy Recipes and Cook Something More Challenging « Do One Thing A Week

8. Pingback: [INFJ] Breakfast for Supper, Cold Pizza for Breakfast...and all such Dietary Anachronisms :P

9. Pingback: Roasted Blueberry Coconut Quinoa Parfait with Coconut Granola. | How Sweet It Is

10. Pingback: Pumpkin Recipes for the Whole Family

11. Pingback: Pumpkin Pie Quinoa Parfait - Daily Cup of Asheejojo

12. Pingback: 25 Quinoa Dessert Recipes - Who Knew Quinoa Could Taste This Good?

13. Pingback: Pumpkin, A National Pastime. | Kitchen Koach LA