Today.

I scrubbed the kitchen floor.

I know.

My jaw is still hanging open too.

To make things even more unbelievable, I then dusted this table.

For the first time. Ever.

I sliced some fresh mozzarella:

And sliced this fregetable. Really, what is it? A fruit or a vegetable?

And then I burnt the heck out of my poor man’s toasted caprese bruschetta.

I ate it anyway because… well, do you really think I’d pass up food?

I started burning a new candle.

One of my favorite scents of all time!

Then I considered organizing our freezer.

But I spied the Ketel One in the corner and the rest of my to-do’s flew out the window.
Just kidding. Sort of.

Oh well, there is always tomorrow. What did you do today?

66 Responses to “Today.”

Heather (Heather's Dish) — October 19, 2010 @ 2:20 pm

hahaha…i would TOTALLY have an afternoon drink if i weren’t working :) awesome!

Kristina @ spabettie — October 19, 2010 @ 2:21 pm

hee hee … I would’ve eaten it too, with a Ketel One chaser.

kidding… ? ;)

Kacy — October 19, 2010 @ 2:25 pm

Ouch, this makes me feel quite ashamed of myself for hiring a maid service to clean my apartment today. I’m such a bum.

And my freezer is a mess. Things fall out each time I open it. Ugh.

Today I had a minor freakout about the new dude, wore a gorgeous silk top to work for no reason other than to feel fabulous and sent an unsolicited resume to a place I would love to work just to put a kick in my step.

Jasmine @ Eat Move Write — October 19, 2010 @ 2:25 pm

Worked. Nothing excited. Wrote freelance articles and spent FAR too much time on Twitter.

I just saw that Turkey Hill vanilla ice cream reviewed in the October Cooking Light. I’ve yet to see that brand in stores here. Where do you buy it? I’d like to give it a try.

• Jessica — October 19th, 2010 @ 2:36 pm

Oooh did it get a good review? We have had it in our stores for a while, but I’m sure that’s because it is pretty local – made about 2 hours or so away from us.

It is really good! And I am not a huge ice cream lover, especially plain flavors like vanilla. But it is tasty. Let me know if you find some!

• Jasmine @ Eat Move Write — October 19th, 2010 @ 2:59 pm

Yes. It was their number one choice, I think. It was one of those blind taste tests for all sorts of different products. I had never heard of it before, so it was random to see it in your freezer!

I’m not a huge ice cream lover either, really, but I like having vanilla around because I don’t eat it like it’s going out of style. Chocolatey things are a problem in this house. :)

• Katie — December 20th, 2011 @ 10:40 pm

I’m an eastern PA girl and Turkey Hill is more of a household name than Edy’s or Bryers for us. This comment was hilarious to me, I never even thought of others not having it! You have to try their party cake ice cream, it is amazing!

Lauren — October 19, 2010 @ 2:27 pm

I have been studying for midterms. Honestly, I would rather scrub the floor.

Sara — October 19, 2010 @ 2:30 pm

Does this mean you are officially finished with your 9-to-5?

• Jessica — October 19th, 2010 @ 2:34 pm

I am! Thursday was my last day.

Lauren at KeepItSweet — October 19, 2010 @ 2:33 pm

haha i have so many things like that i SHOULD do…. but it is so much easier to be lazy today:-)

MelissaNibbles — October 19, 2010 @ 2:34 pm

Ooooh…that poor mans sandwich looks delish! Burnt and all.

Mellissa — October 19, 2010 @ 2:35 pm

I would rather have cleaned than deal with the crazy stressful work day I am having.Trying to find 4,000 black polos is like moving a mountain.

Thank goodness I am going out for happy hour. This girl needs some wine!

• Jessica — October 19th, 2010 @ 2:37 pm

Enjoy it girl!

Matt — October 19, 2010 @ 2:47 pm

LOL. You might have done more than me today…

Shanna @ Shanna Like Banana — October 19, 2010 @ 2:48 pm

Hilarious! I’m leaving work in 1 hr and planning on a workout and then hitting the vino!

Leah @ Why Deprive? — October 19, 2010 @ 2:52 pm

Haha it sounds like you had an awesome day! All I did was stare at the computer and pretend to work.

kelly — October 19, 2010 @ 2:55 pm

I lovvvvve the Leaves scent!!! :)

Emily — October 19, 2010 @ 2:57 pm

Ha – a little kettle one always helps with the cleaning… Until, you find the couch and the remote. I think that caprese sandwich looks even better because it’s burnt!

Cynthia (It All Changes) — October 19, 2010 @ 3:06 pm

I got a bug up my butt and decided to organize my back room and create a ME space!

I probably should organize the freezer too :-)

ida — October 19, 2010 @ 3:11 pm

It’s not today, but over the weekend I learned about Buratta! Have you had it? It’s solid mozzarella with the inside containing mozzarella and cream. Changed my life.

• Jessica — October 19th, 2010 @ 3:23 pm

Um… NO! I need some of that in my life.

Deanna — October 19, 2010 @ 3:21 pm

Love it! I almost ordered a bloody Mary at lunch…but then we had to drive to a client meeting and that would have been a hot mess. ;)

Rachel Wilkerson — October 19, 2010 @ 3:22 pm

HA — love this post.

I went to work, came home, did some blog shizz…and then realized I felt like I am getting sick. I took it as an excuse to get into bed and read wedding and food blogs.

Better than chicken soup if you ask me!!

• Jessica — October 19th, 2010 @ 3:23 pm

Much better than chicken soup. Hope you feel better!

Katie — October 19, 2010 @ 3:47 pm

This week is my fall break – so I have actually been doing a lot of cleaning, too. I have yet to scrub kitchen floors, but I did scrub toilets yesterday. And I also contemplated cleaning out our pantry today – but I didn’t. Maybe tomorrow.

vanillasugar — October 19, 2010 @ 4:01 pm

the last time i cleaned & hand washed the ktichen floor i was so proud and should have taken photos like you. it was soooooooooo clean. i needed 2 latte’s to do it. love me some clean floors!!!

Kim K. — October 19, 2010 @ 4:51 pm

I wish my floor looked like yours! It was an awesome day off that I spent in the kitchen–pie dough, noodles, pizza dough and two loaves of whole wheat bread. Dinner was roasted chicken, orzo, roasted root vegetables with gremolata and the bread I baked. I even made it to boot camp!

Carly — October 19, 2010 @ 4:55 pm

I sometimes think you are my twin when I read your posts… Between this one about cleaning (my husband does it all, I do none), your post about MAC eyeshadow, and your love for bacon, cheese, and all things dessert. To answer your question, I made homemade applesauce today :)

Kathy — October 19, 2010 @ 5:27 pm

have you tried the Mint chocolate chip candle from B&BW?? YUM!

• Jessica — October 19th, 2010 @ 5:39 pm

No!! That sounds like it would smell delicious.

Alexandra — October 19, 2010 @ 5:33 pm

Oh my god, I work at Bath & Body Works and I was just raving in a post a week or two ago about how obsessed I am with this candle scent! It is the PERFECT fall smell!!!

Also, I finally got around to glittering some pumpkins, and posted all about it, linking back to you of course!

alexandraswonderland.blogspot.com

Alex

• Jessica — October 19th, 2010 @ 5:40 pm

I couldn’t comment on your blog because I don’t have google or openID, but your pumpkins look AWESOME!

Christina — October 19, 2010 @ 5:34 pm

I love this post.

Liz @ Blog is the New Black — October 19, 2010 @ 5:40 pm

Love that this is filed under “fitness.” And that you called the ‘mater a “fregetable.”

Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine — October 19, 2010 @ 7:00 pm

Haha, way to make me feel lazy about the huge pile of dishes in my sink…although I did scrub the floor on Friday. That counts for something, right?

Wei-Wei — October 19, 2010 @ 7:11 pm

What scent is that candle?! It looks amazing.

• Jessica — October 20th, 2010 @ 4:43 am

It’s called Leaves.

christy denney — October 19, 2010 @ 7:50 pm

Oh my gosh! I just lit that exact “Leaves” candle. I LOVE it. It smells like fall even though I live in Florida.

katie — October 19, 2010 @ 7:54 pm

oh my gosh!! WHAT A PRODUCTIVE DAY!!! I love being productive!! I LOVE candles too- we have a vanilla one here that smells aweeesome!

Liz @ Tip Top Shape — October 19, 2010 @ 8:14 pm

I studied for my midterms at Starbucks next to a guy who was yelling at some imaginary friend beneath his table. It was an odd day. lol

Diana @ frontyardfoodie — October 19, 2010 @ 9:05 pm

Though I rarely clean the tile at my house but there is truly nothing as satisfying. Same with dusting. Although I have to do that quite a bit more often.

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — October 19, 2010 @ 9:47 pm

I hate cleaning out my freezer and fridge – I avoid it like the plague.

Kim in MD — October 20, 2010 @ 4:45 am

I love this post, Jessica! You are too funny…thanks for my first laugh this morning! :-)

Kristy — October 20, 2010 @ 4:49 am

Please tell me you are lying! My weekend nightmares are regularly filled of mops, rags and buckets with bleach :-(

Amanda — October 20, 2010 @ 5:21 am

I can think of worse ways to spend a day!! But for someone as busy as you were, I can imagine this is quite an adjustment… keep at it girl! You are going to change the world! :)

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy — October 20, 2010 @ 5:26 am

If you wouldn’t put it in a fruit salad, I say it’s a vegetable!

Teri [a foodie stays fit] — October 20, 2010 @ 5:40 am

Jess, where did you get the Leaves candle? I got it as a gift last year and it’s my ALL TIME favorite scent! and it’s all gone! I need a new one!

• Jessica — October 20th, 2010 @ 6:09 am

Bath and Body Works! Well – White Barn Candle which is attached to my Bath and Body Works.

Lynda@meandmypinkmixer — October 20, 2010 @ 6:09 am

I love, love, love sweet potatoes! Never thought about making them into potato skins, but trying it soon! My husband just remarked about our freezer last night….he couldn’t find a spot for the rest of his carton of Breyers Oreo Ice Cream and was complaining about all the stuff in there. I told him to just eat the rest of the ice cream & not worry about it :)

Diane — October 20, 2010 @ 6:14 am

LOL @ the post. Totally random.

That candle looks like it smells wonderful (if that makes sense). I love aromatherapy stuff…oils, candles…you name it. Well, maybe not so much the sprays. I don’t use those.

Bree @ beeskneeslife — October 20, 2010 @ 6:30 am

I am obsessed with the Leaves fragrance at BBW. I blame my in-laws for creating a necessity in my life to have BBW soaps, candles, and wall flowers.

I may or my not hoard everything Leaves I can get my hands on.

• Jessica — October 20th, 2010 @ 7:07 am

Hi, my name is Jessica and I am also a Leaves addict.

Anne@ Food Loving Polar Bear — October 20, 2010 @ 7:23 am

I should clean out our freezer too but it’s just too much work.. I’m very lazy with these kinds of project, but you can see me dusting and hoovering quite often :D

Megan H — October 20, 2010 @ 7:49 am

Leaves is my favorite Fall seasonal scent! I have a candle and wallflower and my house always smells fresh! Good choice.

Alina @ Duty Free Foodie — October 20, 2010 @ 8:02 am

I think of tomatoes as “technically a fruit, but conceptually a vegetable.” It’s actually my favourite vegetable :)

Lauren — October 20, 2010 @ 1:59 pm

What did I do today(Oct 19th)? I scrubbed the kitchen floors and wrote a short story about it. Not even kidding you! And I love your blog!

• Jessica — October 20th, 2010 @ 2:24 pm

Thanks Lauren!

Chicago Cuisine Critique — October 20, 2010 @ 2:20 pm

That leaves candle smells amazing! It was a toss up, but I ultimately went with the caramel apple and pumpkin patch scents which are also awesome fall scents. :)

• Jessica — October 20th, 2010 @ 2:24 pm

I have Caramel Apple and Creamy Pumpkin waiting to be burned!

• Chicago Cuisine Critique — October 20th, 2010 @ 2:27 pm

Yum, as soon as these things go on sale again i’m stocking up for sure!

Ashley — October 20, 2010 @ 6:18 pm

hahahaha i love that you ate burnt bread!!!!!!!!!!!!! not sure about that candle…hmmm

CaSaundra — October 21, 2010 @ 5:16 am

Sounds like a productive but relaxing day filled with good food!

Melissa Miles — October 28, 2010 @ 5:15 pm

OMG Leaves and Autumn are my absolute FAVORITE candle scents of all time!!! With Caramel Apple coming in close third. Best smells EVER!!

1. Pingback: Brussels Brunching. | How Sweet It Is