3-Minute Fudge.

Mother Lovett was the queen of fudge.

She would make so much of it every December that come March, a handful of stale, crusty pieces would still be sitting under a blanket of saran wrap on her ceramic holly berry plate. And come November, she’d remove the aluminum tin from her freezer that housed a few more frozen pieces that she’d kept “just in case.”

While chocolate was her specialty, she also mastered the two-toned fudge. All of us loved peanut butter fudge, but she rarely made it. Instead she’d make butterscotch fudge every single year, along with a batch of chocolate-butterscotch that I’m not sure anyone ever ate besides her. And maybe my mom.

It was delicious, but the peanut butter was so much better.

While I happened to come across this recipe last year as I went through Mother Lovett’s treasures, I don’t think she ever used it. But it jumped out at me immediately. It is so incredibly simple. It literally takes less than 5 minutes to prepare, and only about 30 minutes to set. And it is the perfect recipe for when you are in a time crunch.

Plus, you can never, ever go wrong with chocolate and peanut butter. That is the flavor combination I chose, of course.

In elementary school, I remember learning that if we were lucky enough to make it to Heaven, it would be full of everything we loved. I am not ashamed to say that to this day I still hope mine will be filled with chocolate, peanut butter, bacon and heavy cream. And champagne. And 63 pairs of Christian Louboutin’s.

Oh, and my loved ones would be nice too. We could share this fudge and drink champagne and float on fluffy clouds together.

I’m really only talking about Heaven because after ingesting 4 pieces of fugde, there was only one thing on my mind…

Is this real life?

All I have to say is that this recipe is ridiculously easy and dangerously delicious because the next time I find myself right smack in the middle of a massive chocolate craving, I’m only 30 seconds away from my next gluttonous indulgence. It’s not quite as perfect as Mother Lovett’s recipe, but don’t worry – I will share that with you soon.

3 Minute Chocolate-Peanut Butter Fudge

1 1/2 cups chocolate morsels

1/2 cup sweetened, condensed milk

1/4 cup peanut butter

1 tablespoon water

Combine all ingredients in a microwave safe bowl. Heat on full power for 30 seconds, then remove and stir. (The mixture should look like it does in the 3rd picture down). Heat again for another 30 seconds, then stir again. Mixture should be smooth by this point, but you may need to microwave it 1-2 more times in 30 second increments depending on your microwave. You can also melt this mixture over a double boiler if you do not want to use a microwave.

When mixture is smooth, pour batter into a baking dish and pop in the fridge for 30 minutes or more. When ready to serve, cut into squares.

If you happen to spot me up in the clouds one day, I’ll be the one with chocolate smeared all over my face.

P.S. -> if you need a laugh

97 Responses to “3-Minute Fudge.”

Amanda — November 24, 2010 @ 11:59 am

You rock my world. Here it is 5:55am and I am craving fudge. THIS fudge.

It just wont be Thanksgiving without some. ;)

Blessings!
    Amanda

Lauren at KeepItSweet — November 24, 2010 @ 12:10 pm

chocolate and peanut butter is definitely the best flavor combo for any type of dessert, especially fudge

• Jessica — November 24th, 2010 @ 12:13 pm

Ain’t that the truth!

barefootgirl27 — November 24, 2010 @ 12:11 pm

My mom made a recipe just like this when I was a child…. I had forgotten about it!!

thanks for reminding me :)..

while floating around in Heaven, you’ll recognizes me as the one with all of the cheese & wine. C’mon over to my cloud :)

• Jessica — November 24th, 2010 @ 12:13 pm

Done.

Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine — November 24, 2010 @ 12:48 pm

I’ll be eating this in heaven with you. In Christian Louboutins as well. And for dessert I’ll have a vat of buttercream.

• Jessica — November 24th, 2010 @ 1:27 pm

See you there! (hopefully. me… not you.)

Mackenzie@The Caramel Cookie — November 24, 2010 @ 12:53 pm

I love the simplcitiy of this recipe. Easy Christmas gift!

Cara — November 24, 2010 @ 12:55 pm

Thanks for the laugh!

Mmmm…fudge!

Estela @ Weekly Bite — November 24, 2010 @ 12:56 pm

A good fudge can be tricky… this looks delicious! Fudge is one of my favorites :)

Paula — November 24, 2010 @ 1:00 pm

that`s an ideal idea for today`s evening :) thanks!

have a nice time,
    Paula

Heather — November 24, 2010 @ 1:09 pm

i need fudge immediately please and thank you. like real bad.

Amanda @ My Switch to Scrubs — November 24, 2010 @ 1:31 pm

Died laughing when you said “Is this real life?” Hope you’re referring to David at the Dentist, because that youtube video gets me everytime!

The fudge looks amaaazing!! Happy Thanksgiving!!

• Jessica — November 24th, 2010 @ 1:32 pm

Yes I am!

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey — November 24, 2010 @ 1:31 pm

I <3 fudge – although I've never tried to make it vegan. Do you think this would work with full fat coconut milk?

• Jessica — November 24th, 2010 @ 1:41 pm

I’m really not sure, but I don’t see why not. Let me know if you try it!

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat — November 24, 2010 @ 1:32 pm

Major sugar coma just looking at these photos, but the fudge looks sooooo nice and chewy. YUM!

Liz @ Blog is the New Black — November 24, 2010 @ 1:33 pm

Awesome and easy and fattening recipe… just what I expect from you!

Heather @ Get Healthy With Heather — November 24, 2010 @ 1:35 pm

Girl just looking at these I’m getting hungry… and feeling my pants tighten ;)

Lauren — November 24, 2010 @ 1:35 pm

How can I NOT make this fudge? I guess I might as well fully embrace the holiday season :).

Caitlin — November 24, 2010 @ 1:39 pm

Ooh I have an awesome 5-second recipe for peanut butter fudge I might have to send your way!

Or I can just pass it to your cloud. Mine will be the one with brownie crumbs dripping with peppermint ice cream.

Will Mr. How Sweet’s be a nice yellow color form the pineapple infused vodka?

Kristi — November 24, 2010 @ 1:49 pm

Ohhh… that looks so good and so easy. DANGEROUS!

Evan Thomas — November 24, 2010 @ 1:52 pm

I made fudge last night, too. Clearly I didn’t get the memo that we’re supposed to diet before Thanksgiving

Blond Duck — November 24, 2010 @ 1:53 pm

Ben loves fudge! He’ll be so happy!

Victoria (District Chocoholic) — November 24, 2010 @ 1:56 pm

Just FYI, if you remelt this and put it over ice cream…yeah…

• Jessica — November 24th, 2010 @ 3:28 pm

Brilliant!

Naomi(onefitfoodie) — November 24, 2010 @ 2:02 pm

FUDGE!!!! Love it so simple! i say next up is cookie dough fudge :)

also I saw the elf yourself vid of you and mr how sweet and couldn’t stop laughing! I made one of my and my mom its so funny!!

Ami @ beyondpeasandcarrots — November 24, 2010 @ 2:09 pm

wow, this looks so simple and yummy! I usually make fudge each holiday… but my recipe is pretty intense. I think I will try this out this year!

Karly — November 24, 2010 @ 2:20 pm

I’ve never made fudge before, but you better believe that I eat it as often as humanly possible. Peanut butter is absolutely my favorite. You just can’t wrong with peanut butter fudge.

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg — November 24, 2010 @ 2:23 pm

Three minute fudge sounds dangerous. Also– I totally want to be the type of person who has fudge in the freezer, “just in case.” :-)

Barbara Bakes — November 24, 2010 @ 2:28 pm

Sounds like my idea of heaven too! The fudge looks delicious and couldn’t be easier.

RhodeyGirl — November 24, 2010 @ 2:40 pm

This looks SO good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CaSaundra — November 24, 2010 @ 2:44 pm

I need to make my dad fudge for part of his xmas present..I might have to use this easy recipe!

Salah@myhealthiestlife — November 24, 2010 @ 2:46 pm

omg I WILL be using this

Natalia - a side of simple — November 24, 2010 @ 2:50 pm

Since this only takes 3-minutes, does it count as an “on the go” breakfast? I think it does ;)

• Jessica — November 24th, 2010 @ 3:27 pm

I agree.

Camille — November 24, 2010 @ 3:20 pm

This looks amazing!
    My Stepmom makes amazing fudge and I have literally eaten my body weight in it before. Apparently fudge is a danger food for me… dangerously delicious! :)

• Jessica — November 24th, 2010 @ 3:27 pm

It is soooo good.

Caitlin (EatFeats) — November 24, 2010 @ 3:34 pm

When I was young, our Church leaders told us that, while Heaven is indescribable, the Bible compares it to a wedding reception. That was the most disappointing news to my eight year old ears.

Luckily the parable they were talking about is not saying that Heaven is actually like a wedding reception, but instead that Heaven is super hard to get into. That I can handle.

Erica — November 24, 2010 @ 3:55 pm

I’ve totally never made fudge. When we have people over next- I’m going to make a batch of this. It seems like the perfect little counter snack to have around.

Moni'sMeals — November 24, 2010 @ 4:15 pm

This is great! I love how easy fudge is. I like the peanut butter here. Good to have for the next holiday coming up. :)

Happy Thanksgiving!

Diana @ frontyardfoodie — November 24, 2010 @ 4:24 pm

I’m a chocolate whore these days. ANYTHING chocolate sounds good and in three minutes? I can fit that in my schedule.

Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun — November 24, 2010 @ 4:41 pm

I have a fudge recipe I absolutely ADORE and cannot wait to make sometime soon. It’s my special for the holidays. Although one that only takes 3 minutes instead of standing over a stove stirring constantly for 15 minutes sure sounds appealing. :D

Rebekah — November 24, 2010 @ 4:46 pm

I think you are I are are planning on the same Heaven! :)

Kacy — November 24, 2010 @ 4:50 pm

I always forget that fudge even exists until the holidays roll around. Probably a good thing because I can eat a whole pan of it without getting a stomach ache.

Mary @ Bites and Bliss — November 24, 2010 @ 5:01 pm

This is awesome! I love making fudge but it’s SO labor intensive and picky for it to come out *just* right. This is perfect, though! :D

• Jessica — November 24th, 2010 @ 5:10 pm

I know – so simple!

Rachel @ The Avid Appetite — November 24, 2010 @ 5:09 pm

oooh peanut butter and chocolate. Is there anything better?

• Jessica — November 24th, 2010 @ 5:09 pm

Not at all.

Holly @ couchpotatoathlete — November 24, 2010 @ 5:10 pm

I only hope the clouds are made of brownies!!!

This looks so good and I love how easy it is. I love to make treats for work or family get togethers, so this is perfect!

Have a great holiday!

Bianca @ Confessions of a Chocoholic — November 24, 2010 @ 5:17 pm

This does sound like heaven! I love how quick and non-intimidating the recipe is. Thank you for sharing the recipe! I will make this soon (like tonight) ;)

Nancy K @ NancysPerfect10 — November 24, 2010 @ 5:37 pm

OMG this is a must make for Turkey day!! You are right, this is too easy it’s dangerous…yikes.

EatLiveRun — November 24, 2010 @ 5:48 pm

looks yummy! Fudge makes me hyper beyond belief.

christyn @ All Ways Nutritious — November 24, 2010 @ 6:59 pm

wow, so easy and looks so good! i can’t wait to try them…a great xmas treat.

Sues — November 24, 2010 @ 7:11 pm

3-minute fudge?? Now that’s definitely something I can get behind! Especially considering it involves peanut butter :) Perfect!

Happy almost Thanksgiving :)

Katie@Cozydelicious — November 24, 2010 @ 7:41 pm

Oooh, I love how quick and easy this fudge is! Nothing better than fudge… and your story about the crusty old pieces of fudge in March made me laugh. My mother-in-law totally has a plate of stale fudge that lingers every year!

Alyssa — November 24, 2010 @ 8:44 pm

Holy cow, I haven’t made fudge in the longest time, and now I remember why: it’s ridiculously easy and I have no self control! This pb version looks insanely good.

the blissful baker — November 24, 2010 @ 8:55 pm

oh my…that fudge is way to easy to make. bad news for my waistline. at least my mouth will be happy!

Melissa (MelissaLikesToEat) — November 24, 2010 @ 9:38 pm

I agree….chocolate and peanut butter were a match made in heaven!

Andrea @ CanYouStayForDinner.com — November 24, 2010 @ 10:11 pm

When I saw how short the ingredient list was and how simple it was to throw the fudge together, I said aloud, “I love her.” Brilliant.

• Jessica — November 24th, 2010 @ 10:12 pm

I love you too!

1. Pingback: Tweets that mention 3-Minute Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge | How Sweet It Is -- Topsy.com

2. Pingback: Christmas Treat List « 'Lil Burgher Delights

3. Pingback: Other Treats… « 'Lil Burgher Delights

4. Pingback: Mocha Coconut Fudge « Cookies, Couture & Cardio

5. Pingback: Paleo Sunflower Butter Fudge - Earth Energy Yoga | Earth Energy Yoga

6. Pingback: Mocha Coconut Fudge | Whole Sale Coffee Company

7. Pingback: EASY Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge Recipe plus Kraft Coupons #KraftHolidaySavings | The Mom Reviews

8. Pingback: New Nostalgia – Links I Like