It has been a full 2 months since I was at Trader Joe’s. I can’t believe I survived that long! And I love sharing my trips with you, so take a look below at what we grabbed this morning.

Actually, first let me show you what I didn’t buy. I was so tempted to grab these, but instead snapped a pic with my phone to remember to get them next time.

It was an easy choice to leave behind the peppermint + chocolate items, because Mr. How Sweet despises the mint and chocolate combo. And by “easy,” I mean I wept every time I drove my cart past said items. Next time…
I got some of my favorite hummus and chips to snack on.

I’d say these snacks are much better than the ones Mr. How Sweet picked up last weekend, no?
Some delicious cereals.

Easy food for Mr. How Sweet to make when I’m not around.

These don’t even qualify as meals for him. They are more like snacks.
Cheese, since I’m a giant cheese hoarder.

That actually isn’t true. We go through cheese like socks in this house.
Some vegetables, so I can pretend to be healthy while they all die in my crisper drawer.

Some awesome produce.

[organic poms for only $1.49!! this is huge considering the non-organic ones at my grocery store at $3 a pop.]

Some boring, ole’ staples.

Some egg nog that I can’t wait to drink while tree trimming!

Even if every year I buy a carton, drink about 4 ounces and then throw it away.
More snacks for Mr. How Sweet.

I’ll be way too busy to make him homemade ones.
Ecstasy in seed form.

[hello lover.]

These may have been the only reason I trekked it out to TJ’s.
Now I’m enjoying a bowl of Strawberry Yogurt O’s and about to do a little cooking.

We are off to watch the Steeler game with my parents and grandpa, then hopefully returning to finish decorating the poor tree.

77 Responses to “Can I Just Live Inside Trader Joe’s?”

Chelsea @ Strawberry Sweat — November 28, 2010 @ 4:49 pm

Oh I love Trader Joes! I also haven’t been in MONTHS, so maybe I should make a trip today! Especially to pick up those dark chocolate pom seeds :)

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — November 28, 2010 @ 4:49 pm

Trader Joe’s NEEDS to come to Canada.

Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine — November 28, 2010 @ 4:50 pm

Oh Trader Joe’s….is there anywhere better on earth? It’s even replaced my Sephora habit :) Confession: I’ve yet to try their dark chocolate covered pom seeds. They have way too many chocolate-covered things for my own good…

• Jessica — November 28th, 2010 @ 6:00 pm

I don’t know if anything could replace my Sephora habit…

• trang — November 29th, 2010 @ 4:16 am

I’m glad I’m not the only one with a sephora habit…I don’t know why, but for some reason I just had to snatch up that black friday tote, even though I know it will just sit in the trunk like the whbm tote I got last year with the white shirt that I still haven’t worn. I justify this by saying it had PINK lining! Plus I always miss the VIB promos.

Sana — November 28, 2010 @ 4:52 pm

I loveeee TJ’s! Lovee love love.

Jenna — November 28, 2010 @ 4:53 pm

Oh Trader Joe’s, how I love you. I’ve only been a few times, since there’s not one in Houston. You got some great things!

Traders Joe’s — are you listening? Come to the south and open one in Houston, please!

Elise — November 28, 2010 @ 4:56 pm

I’m pretty sure Trader Joe’s put crack in their air system. That’s the only possible explanation as to why I MUST go in there if I’m within 20 miles of a store and why I MUST fill my cart completely up! I’d list all my favorites but I’m not sure the internet has enough bandwidth :)

• Jessica — November 28th, 2010 @ 6:00 pm

That has to be it.

CJ — November 28, 2010 @ 4:56 pm

When did English muffins make the switch to British muffins?

One day I’ll get to visit Trader Joes…it looks like heaven!

• Jessica — November 28th, 2010 @ 6:00 pm

Pretty sure that’s just Trader Joe’s spin on it. They do things like that.

Victoria (District Chocoholic) — November 28, 2010 @ 4:57 pm

Oh I’m jealous of this haul. Have you seen their mini-peanut butter cups? I’ve been contemplating whipping up some teacake dough, wrapping the peanut butter cups in them, and baking them as mini cookies. Either that, or mixing them in sugar cookie dough.

Those chocolate-covered pom seeds would be an awesome replacement for chocolate chips in cookie recipes.

• Jessica — November 28th, 2010 @ 5:59 pm

Yes! Love the mini pb cups. Those sound awesome.

Marisa @Loser for Life — November 28, 2010 @ 5:01 pm

I could live in TJ’s, too! I used to buy those High Fiber O’s all the time! Gotta get them again!

Lauren — November 28, 2010 @ 5:03 pm

I totally understand about weeping when you passed the choco and mint combos. My bf doesn’t like some things that I do and it makes me want to throw a rock at his head…lovingly, of course. Always lovingly….

Sarena (The Non Dairy Queen) — November 28, 2010 @ 5:05 pm

I would like to live in TJ’s too! I need more peanut flour and it is just far enough away to not be convenient. Enjoy the game with your family!

Michele @ Healthy Cultivations — November 28, 2010 @ 5:10 pm

I so love Trader Joe’s too. I don’t live near one anymore; so my mom brought me a big bag of TJ’s loot when she came for Thanksgiving. She brought jars of pumpkin butter, bags of ginger snaps and praline pecan granola, and jars of raw creamy almond butter. So good!!!

• Jessica — November 28th, 2010 @ 5:59 pm

Their pumpkin butter is SO good.

Gabriela (froyolover) — November 28, 2010 @ 5:10 pm

I want Trader Joe’s in Brazil!
    Hahaha :D

Krystina (Basil & Wine) — November 28, 2010 @ 5:12 pm

I bought a box of those Joe Joe’s, ate two, and gave them to my roommates. For some reason I just don’t enjoy bought cookies now that I make my own.

• Jessica — November 28th, 2010 @ 5:58 pm

Good to know! Now I’m not as sad that I didn’t pick them up.

Tulika — November 28, 2010 @ 5:13 pm

OOOOOOMG TJ’s is the best! I could spend hours there. And chocolate covered pomegranate seeds? What could possibly be better?!

• Jessica — November 28th, 2010 @ 5:58 pm

Nothing. That’s what.

Erica — November 28, 2010 @ 5:21 pm

ah so jealous! LOVE TJs. I heard a rumor that Charleston is FINALLY getting one. Until then- my wonderful MIL ships me what I request. I haven’t tried their oreo like cookies, but have heard they’re amazing

• Jessica — November 28th, 2010 @ 5:58 pm

I hope you guys get one!

Natalie — November 28, 2010 @ 5:31 pm

ahhh i wish i could have sent you out with a shopping list for me too!!!! i haven’t been in months and my fridge shows it…

Ami @ beyondpeasandcarrots — November 28, 2010 @ 5:36 pm

we don’t have Trader Joe’s here in Canada :(. I made a trek to Whole Foods today though, for the first time in like 4 months… it was an exciting morning, I <3 Whole Foods. The closest one is like an hour away!!

PS those chocolate covered pom seeds look AMAZING!!!

• Jessica — November 28th, 2010 @ 5:58 pm

I love Whole Foods too! Both that and Trader Joe’s are about 40 minutes or so away from me.

Liana @ femme fraiche — November 28, 2010 @ 6:00 pm

How fun! I love food shopping excursions. Your products look so much better than the ones I find at my supermarket:( Booo

Debbie B. — November 28, 2010 @ 6:10 pm

I LOVE strawberry yogurt-o’s! SO GOOD. The strawberry clumps (doesn’t sound too appealing) are awesome!

Nicole @ Geek Turned Athlete — November 28, 2010 @ 6:22 pm

I love, love, love Trader Joes, but I don’t have one in my city! I have a Huckleberry’s (picture Whole Foods but more expensive if you can imagine) 5 min from my house which has been horribly bad for my wallet!!

Those pomegranate chocolate seeds look heavenly!!!

JaNelle — November 28, 2010 @ 6:52 pm

TJ’s is on my list for this week. The husband/man wants some POMs.. that’s a request I can most definitely accommodate!

Lauren at KeepItSweet — November 28, 2010 @ 7:07 pm

ah i go through withdrawal if i go more than a week without a trip to trader joes… i saw all of the fancy chocoate covered joes joes yesterday and it was all i could do not to buy them!

Healthy Chocoholic — November 28, 2010 @ 7:18 pm

Argh! There’s no Trader Joe’s anywhere close to me!!!! =(

Anne @ Food Loving Polar Bear — November 28, 2010 @ 7:19 pm

Ahhh, those chocolate and pomegranate seeds look so good!

Susan — November 28, 2010 @ 7:47 pm

Haha I’m watching the game right now-Steelers are dominating!
    Love TJs. Love their British muffins. Love your captions the most.

Kylie @ A Hungry Spoon — November 28, 2010 @ 7:52 pm

Love this! I would so much rather spend an afternoon at Trader Joe’s than the mall. I’d gladly move into the cereal aisle if given the option.

Jil @ Big City, Lil Kitchen — November 28, 2010 @ 7:59 pm

The dark chocolate pom seeds are the besssst!! Jealous of how big your TJ’s is…the one near me is tiny! However, I won’t complain ‘cuz I’ve got one – even if it’s teeeeny.

Paige @ Running Around Normal — November 28, 2010 @ 8:06 pm

Nice haulage!! Chocolate covered pom seeds?! Ummm yes please :)

Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun — November 28, 2010 @ 8:20 pm

I miss Trader Joes!!!!! Wahhh! And no, that was not in reference to Sookie. More in reference to the toddler who has hit the terrible twos in my home. Much more annoying.

heather — November 28, 2010 @ 8:51 pm

i bought a trader joe’s pomegranate last night too(but it’s next door to where i work, so i think it’s less of a thrill for me to go there, lol)…still tastes great, though. steelers are playing the bills…should be a quick win for you. : )

JessieDecks — November 28, 2010 @ 9:23 pm

PS – The Fleur de Sel caramel is the bomb! I made your 3 minute fudge and put that in instead of peanut butter (I also substituted some of the choc chips for butterscotch) then topped each fudge square with lavender salt…. Let’s just say they were well received :)

Kat @ Living Like the Kings — November 28, 2010 @ 10:01 pm

I guess it’s a good thing that the closest one to me is about 40 minutes away. Also – I LOVE pomegranates but I rarely see anyone eating/buying them. Why are they so unusual?

the blissful baker — November 28, 2010 @ 10:08 pm

i LOVE trader joe’s! i’m jealous of all of your groceries, especially the dark chocolate covered pomegranate seeds, yum!

Melissa (MelissaLikesToEat) — November 28, 2010 @ 10:46 pm

I love Trader Joes!! That frozen Mandarin Chicken is SO good!

Wei-Wei — November 28, 2010 @ 10:58 pm

I need Trader Joe’s. NOW.

Kelly — November 28, 2010 @ 11:15 pm

Does it make me weird that I enjoy seeing what others put in their cart? Too fun. I live very close to one but for some reason I don’t make it there as often as I should. The prices are awesome (I will admit I don’t really buy any of the fun stuff, just staples) but it doesn’t always seem worth the extra trip.

lisa — November 29, 2010 @ 12:02 am

My husband hates the chocolate peppermint combo as well. I don’t understand it and bought the peppermint hot chocolate and the candy cane oreos. They are soooo good! We finally got a trader joe’s here in SC and I’m obsessed!

Ashley — November 29, 2010 @ 12:18 am

Ohhh you’re making me miss TJ’s!! What awesome holiday specials. I can’t believe mr.HS does not like mint + chocolate. I don’t think we can be friends anymore!!!

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg — November 29, 2010 @ 12:37 am

Ohhhh, how I love TJ’s!! I miss it so! I should come to Pittsburgh and we should hit up TJ’s together!

• Jessica — November 29th, 2010 @ 12:43 am

You should!

katie — November 29, 2010 @ 12:52 am

LOVE tjs!!! those animal crackers are going on my list of TO BUY!

Amber Starr — November 29, 2010 @ 1:09 am

Ooo, how I wish we had a Trader Joe’s somewhere nearby. I think I would spend way too much money on their delicious foods!

Those chocolate covered pomegranate arils sound amazing! I think I may have to try to find a recipe of my own to make those since nowhere around here sells them!

Holly @ yepiatethat — November 29, 2010 @ 1:10 am

OMG dark chocolate pom seeds. It’s 522 miles to the nearest trader joe’s for me :(

Camille — November 29, 2010 @ 1:23 am

It’s a good thing I don’t live anywhere near a Trader Joe’s. I’m positive the bank account couldn’t handle it. Everything looks soooo good!

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey — November 29, 2010 @ 1:46 am

I bought Strawberry Yogurt O’s for the husband today too! He’s never had them, so I hope he likes them!

Heather — November 29, 2010 @ 3:53 am

ugh, i am so jealous…colorado really needs to get up to speed on having trader joe’s!

Lisa @ I'm an Oie — November 29, 2010 @ 4:57 am

All this post does is make me jealous.

Thanks :).

Hope we get a TJ’s here someday, or else I guess I gotta move to where one is.

• Talia @Texas Gunslinger — December 1st, 2010 @ 12:36 am

I’m with Lisa! I flippin’ love TJs but haven’t been in forever. I’ve only gone to that location once and then got lost trying to get home and ended up in the “ghetto” (not ghetto fabulous, just ghetto) and it took me an hour and a half to get home. I guess I shouldn’t let that deter me from going again, but I do not like driving downtown and since I live out by the airport, it’s a long ways…however, they have some things that I know are TOTALLY worth the drive and hassle. I’m now jealous, too….

CaSaundra — November 29, 2010 @ 1:15 pm

The closest TJ’s is 4 hours from me–so I am jealous of all the goodies you got! :-)

Kacy — November 29, 2010 @ 1:37 pm

I cannot believe I’ve never shopped at a TJ’s. It’s a crime! Everything sounds lovely..

Kim in MD — November 29, 2010 @ 2:04 pm

I love, love, love Trader Joe’s! I could live there, too! :-)

1. Pingback: Tweets that mention Can I Just Live Inside Trader Joe’s? | How Sweet It Is -- Topsy.com

2. Pingback: Left Over. | How Sweet It Is