I have finally updated the RECIPE INDEX!

I know I have been sluggish with this, so you can just imagine how Mr. How Sweet feels about the current state of our bathrooms. Take procrastination times forty. Then multiply it by sixteen. I’ve never been great at math but I’m pretty sure that yields a high number.
Just in case you are looking for any extra-delicious recipes for Thanksgiving week, I’ve listed a few of my favorites below. However, I must admit – I am not one to want any “new” or “unique” recipes for Turkey Day. Give me turkey, stuffing, mashed taters and a gallon of gravy. I’ll even take the over-gelled cranberry sauce from a can. I don’t discriminate.
If you can’t find something you are looking for, try the search button:

Or feel free to send me an email!
Caramelized Autumn Fruit Stuffing

Simple Whipped Sweet Potatoes

Brussels Spouts with Potatoes and Bacon

Warm Autumn Salad

A Healthier Pumpkin Cupcake

Dessert Applesauce

Do you like the traditional Thanksgiving foods? Or are you making something special?

39 Responses to “For Your Eating Pleasure.”

Melissa — November 21, 2010 @ 1:58 pm

Pretty traditional. I love the stuffing with 400 gallons of melted butter poured all over it. I’m in charge of apps this year, and I don’t really know what to make. So far, I’m thinking caramelized onion & gorgonzola pizza with walnuts, but otherwise I’m at a loss. Ideas?

• Jessica — November 21st, 2010 @ 3:19 pm

You are my kind of gal!
      I have a TON of appetizers listed – what about the butternut squash salsa? Or smokey spicy cashews? I think the key is to have something light so people don’t fill up.

• Melissa — November 21st, 2010 @ 5:03 pm

Totally agree! My problem is that I’m a nibbler, so I will probably fill up regardless! Those are good suggestions, though–I will give them a try! :)

• Lauren @ Once Upon a Brewhouse — November 22nd, 2010 @ 11:34 am

If curious made a VERY well received gorgonzola and grape pizza as an appetizer. The Bon Appetit magazine recipe is listed on epicurious.com

• Jessica — November 22nd, 2010 @ 12:10 pm

That sounds delicious!

Victoria (District Chocoholic) — November 21, 2010 @ 2:02 pm

Oh heaven. Your recipes. Indexed. Who the heck needs cookbooks? Well, I do, but seriously…

I like some Thanksgiving foods, but I like them updated, if you will. Like your fruit stuffing instead of regular stuffing.

Also, is a cherpumple traditional?

• Jessica — November 21st, 2010 @ 3:18 pm

Hmm… I’m going to go with no.

• Victoria (District Chocoholic) — November 21st, 2010 @ 6:08 pm

Ah. Then I will go with non-traditional dishes. Because “traditional Thanksgiving dishes” makes me think of gross sugary sweet potato casserole with burned marshmallows.

CaSaundra — November 21, 2010 @ 2:16 pm

Very nice–thanks Jess!

Heather — November 21, 2010 @ 2:19 pm

i’m all about the traditional…the only thing “extra” i’ll add to things is bacon…otherwise give me the tried and true or go home :)

Matt — November 21, 2010 @ 2:29 pm

AH I spent forever updating my blog yesterday too! I should quit my job ;)

A Teenage Gourmet — November 21, 2010 @ 2:55 pm

Good for you, Jessica! I’ve been wanting to organize my recipes in a better way, but I’m not sure how.

Krystina (Basil & Wine) — November 21, 2010 @ 3:09 pm

You have this awful power of making me hungry every time I read your blog. Damn you.

• Jessica — November 21st, 2010 @ 3:18 pm

I’ll take that as a compliment. :)

GirlonRaw — November 21, 2010 @ 3:26 pm

I am digging the idea of dessert apple sauce right now. I made some a couple of weeks ago and cannot get the taste out of my head!

Oh and I have just bookmarked the pumpkin muffins…hmmm they look delish.

Julie — November 21, 2010 @ 3:37 pm

That fruit stuffing looks just amazing!

Rebecca — November 21, 2010 @ 3:47 pm

I love variations on traditional Thanksgiving foods! Caramelized apple-onion rye bread stuffing (which is delicious… though I think your caramelized fruit stuffing may need to be tried out this year instead…). Maple-walnut roasted Brussel Sprouts. Or my very favourite… rosemary-parmesan scalloped sweet and yukon gold potatoes. I make an extra dish, just to ensure that I have at least enough leftovers for breakfast the next day.

Natalia - a side of simple — November 21, 2010 @ 4:15 pm

I like to stick with the traditional foods for Thanksgiving. I find it comforting to know that it’s one day a year where so many Americans just sit down with loved ones and share in at least a very similar certain assortment of foods. :)

Mara @ What's For Dinner? — November 21, 2010 @ 4:21 pm

Thats a huge reminder that I haven’t updated my recipe pages since…. um… July? Yikes, glad I’m off for a few days!

• Jessica — November 21st, 2010 @ 9:03 pm

I hadn’t updated mine since August! Oops!

Miriam — November 21, 2010 @ 4:26 pm

Traditional, all the way! The only thing is that I have not yet figured out pie crust, and I hate to serve one that isn’t perfect. So this year I’m going to try baking a caramel-apple-pecan upside down cake that was in the New York Times a week or so ago. All the right flavors and ingredients, just slightly different format. Am I copping out? I hope not. Oh-and I’m so happy about your new search box, thanks!!

Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine — November 21, 2010 @ 5:20 pm

Yayyyy!! This actually makes me really happy- I love getting lost in people’s recipe pages :) Hope your weekend is going well!!

Stephanie — November 21, 2010 @ 7:05 pm

This year my family decided to take a cruise and I couldn’t go, so I’ll be spending the holiday with The Man’s family… I usually do the whole dinner except the turkey but this year since it’s not at our house I’ll be in charge of two sides. I’m making our traditional sweet potato recipe (it’s my Nanny’s and we ate it every year growing up) and a fun cranberry/apple/orange relish that is too die for (http://cookinfanatic.wordpress.com/2009/11/25/what-a-morning/)!

Salah@myhealthiestlife — November 21, 2010 @ 7:44 pm

I know I will always enjoy the traditional foods for Thanksgiving, but this year I am in the mood for changing things up a bit!

Ellen@FirednFabulous — November 21, 2010 @ 7:49 pm

Pumpkin cupcakes…I gotta try those!

Faith — November 21, 2010 @ 8:13 pm

I have yet to try your warm autumn salad! It looks sooooooooooo good. I don’t have a veggie aversion like you say you do. ;)

I LOVE your blog, by the way, and have been following it for quite some time! ! !

I just started blogging myself, and am loving it!

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) — November 21, 2010 @ 9:23 pm

“If you can’t find something you are looking for, try the search button”

YES!! I love that you did a screen shot. I want to steal that line and picture and post it on my own blog..LOL

Organizing your recipe tab is about as exciting as watching paint dry and a massive timesuck undertaking…you are a good woman! Congrats for getting it done :)

Kris | iheartwellness.com — November 21, 2010 @ 9:35 pm

These are some fabulous recipes and I could really eat these brussels right now…minus the bacon ;)

I always use the search option on blogs, so handy

xxoo

Bre — November 21, 2010 @ 10:30 pm

Those pictured look delicious! I’m definitely traditional when it comes to my Thanksgiving dinner, but I love to try new, fun items from Food Network. Cute site!

joudie's Mood Food — November 21, 2010 @ 11:02 pm

This defeintely was a pleasure for my eyes! My tummy is growling!

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey — November 22, 2010 @ 1:33 am

<3 traditional thanksgiving foods – but I veganize them.. and take all the gluten out of them.

Healthy Chocoholic — November 22, 2010 @ 2:07 am

Yipeeee!! More food to make and devour!!!!!!!! Argh…I can feel the pounds piling on……..its sooooooo worth it though!

Stephanie — November 22, 2010 @ 3:23 am

I’m definitely a Thanksgiving traditionalist. Turkey (white meat only, please!), mashed potatoes (covered in butter and gravy), stuffing (also covered in gravy), crackers&gravy, corn/peas/succotash and cranberry sauce (from a can!). Oh, and plenty of rolls to sop up all of the gravy :D

Baking Serendipity — November 22, 2010 @ 3:24 am

These are some awesome Thanksgiving recipes! I especially love that applesauce :) It’d be the perfect bedtime snack this week, I’m sure. Thanks for sharing!

Victoria (District Chocoholic) — November 22, 2010 @ 3:52 am

Uh-oh. I was just looking at this new index and found the Brownie Pizza recipe. I need to do that.

• Jessica — November 22nd, 2010 @ 12:12 pm

Yes, yes you do.

Cara — November 22, 2010 @ 11:03 am

Mmmmm!
    I wish I could make it all…more importantly, eat it all!

Erika [FoodFitnessFun] — November 22, 2010 @ 12:25 pm

I’m a sucker for the traditional stuff! :-)

1. Pingback: Tweets that mention For Your Eating Pleasure. | How Sweet It Is -- Topsy.com