Indian Summer.

The weather is a little confused.

I’m not really complaining, though it is hindering my plans to blast Christmas music all day long. And I’d like it to be a little cooler.

Don’t guzzle the Haterade. I like the cool weather. I love to hear the crunch of leaves beneath my shoes and feel the crisp air on my face.

Okay, maybe I am complaining.

And I’m sure you can imagine how I feel about raking leaves. The leaves can just stay here all year. I don’t mind.

I once dared Mr. How Sweet to taste one of these berries. Just call me Eve.

Now it’s time to go back to my day of productivity, which has only included singing N*SYNC’s entire Home for Christmas, otherwise know as the best holiday album ever, at the top of my lungs. I have such eclectic taste.

27 Responses to “Indian Summer.”

Jennifer — November 11, 2010 @ 1:49 pm

Our weather in North Dakota is confused too. We usually have snow by Halloween and yesterday it did snow again. Enough to cover the ground. Today, it melted and disappeared again. On one side, it’s a nice change for us here. On the other, I agree with you about being ready for the Christmas season. If it’s going to snow, I’d rather it just do it and be here to stay already.

Sarena (The Non Dairy Queen) — November 11, 2010 @ 1:51 pm

It is crazy beautiful here this week. I am loving it even if it freaks me out a little too!

Alisa — November 11, 2010 @ 1:52 pm

hahaha that’s my favorite christmas album too!! i usually wait until thanksgiving week to break out the xmas music, but you might have just inspired me to get it out a little early!

Talia @Texas Gunslinger — November 11, 2010 @ 1:53 pm

BAHAHA! Indian Summer, indeed! Being from Texas, I’d like to hold onto this sunshine and warmer weather for as loooooong as I can, so I’ve been a happy camper this week. In fact, I wore flip-flops yesterday and loved it! Ah well, I know Old Man Winter will be back with a vengeance soon enough…sigh…

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat — November 11, 2010 @ 1:54 pm

OMG LOVE that album!! I remember watching the film “I’ll Be Home for Christmas” with Jonathan Taylor Thomas and Jessica Biel, and the song “Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays” is in the end credits. I think I listened to that one about a million times that Christmas!!

Paige (running around normal) — November 11, 2010 @ 1:55 pm

Merry Christmas
    Merry Christmas
    Merry Christmas
    And haappy holllllidays
    ooh yea!

haha – love that album :)

Kacy — November 11, 2010 @ 1:58 pm

That is the best holiday album ever. Fo shizzle.

Heather (Heather's Dish) — November 11, 2010 @ 2:01 pm

too bad it’s snowing here and is definitely NOT an indian summer for me! :)

Chicago Cuisine Critique — November 11, 2010 @ 2:02 pm

I love NSYNC’s Christmas songs. You are not alone. :)

Lisa @ I'm an Oie — November 11, 2010 @ 2:08 pm

I’m a bit bummed its not cooler either simply bc it makes it feel like THanksgiving is ages away, when its really only two weeks!

Lori — November 11, 2010 @ 2:15 pm

Although it is Indian Summer, I just decorated the office at work. Now, I just need some of that Christmas music.

• Jessica — November 11th, 2010 @ 2:16 pm

Already?! Wow!

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg — November 11, 2010 @ 2:16 pm

Yep…we’re confused over here in Altoona too :-) I refuse to complain…winter will be here soon enough!

Natalie — November 11, 2010 @ 2:18 pm

hehe nsync… i’ve been listening to my hanson pandora station all day at work… has cheered me up a great deal… and then i’m going home to make dough balls and be even happier

Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction — November 11, 2010 @ 2:25 pm

Yes, it’s strangely warm here, as well (which makes sense since we don’t live too far away from each other). Felt strange hearing Christmas music playing in stores while I was running errands in the 65 degree weather this afternoon.

Bianca @ south bay rants n raves — November 11, 2010 @ 2:33 pm

I miss the leaves changing colors although I do NOT miss shoveling snow…nonetheless it does feel more like the holidays when it’s cooler. Not when it’s a bright & sunny day like here in LA almost all year long.

And as long as you don’t laugh at me for still liking Joe McIntyre I won’t tease you about NSYNC :)

• Jessica — November 11th, 2010 @ 2:35 pm

I’m really still in love with Nick Lachey, actually.

Ami @ beyondpeasandcarrots — November 11, 2010 @ 2:37 pm

That’s one of my favorite Christmas albums too!!

Amanda @ My Switch to Scrubs — November 11, 2010 @ 2:41 pm

Hanson’s Christmas album will always hold my heart!

mags — November 11, 2010 @ 3:19 pm

75 degrees here in Indiana. Windows open. I’m about to go out for our anniversary dinner in capris and sandals. THAT has never happened before.

Mary (What's Cookin' with Mary) — November 11, 2010 @ 3:36 pm

Same here! Yesterday was 64* and cloudy and today is 79* and windy ?

Mansee — November 11, 2010 @ 4:14 pm

Home for Christmas IS the best holiday album ever. You have no idea how happy it makes me to hear somebody else say that.

And I live in Texas. It’s 80 and sunny here today. Barf.

Beth @ 990 Square — November 13, 2010 @ 10:23 pm

I have to say, I’m not enjoying the Indian Summer so much. I am not a fan of the high 60s during the day and 30s at night we’re having here in Baltimore–it’s too much of a swing! And I have a 10k tomorrow morning and I’m totally confused about what to wear!

I can’t wait to start christmas music! DH says none until after Tgiving!

• Jessica — November 13th, 2010 @ 11:15 pm

Blast it in the car when he’s not around. ;) That’s what I do.

• Beth @ 990 Square — November 13th, 2010 @ 11:27 pm

Great idea! If only our local radio station that goes all Christmas from mid-November to January had started already!

At least I was able to get a dose of Christmas at the mall today. From the crowds and the decorations, you would think it was late December!

Ash @ Good Taste. Healthy Me — November 14, 2010 @ 1:15 am

I’ve already started listening to Christmas music! But I had to put a stop to my fiancee’s desire to put the Christmas tree up today….especially when it was 65 degrees out and we were doing yard work….it just seemed wrong. ;)

Holly @ yepiatethat — November 15, 2010 @ 3:24 am

I love that you still listen to N*Sync