I know most of you are wondering what is in those blue boxes.

You can never be disappointed on Christmas morning when you come down to these under your tree!

The first Christmas we were together (not married, just dating), Mr. How Sweet bought me a crystal ornament from Tiffany’s. He has since continued this tradition and now I have these pretty sparklers.

I don’t even remember the order he got them for me anymore.

And I never check the Tiffany’s website because I always want to be surprised at the ornament.

Come and trim my Christmas tree, with some decorations bought at Tiffany’s.

So right about now, you are probably thinking how sweet he is and recalling his fabulous gift giving skills, right? Well, I agree with that, though last night I wanted to cause him bodily harm because his snoring sounds like a bomb explosion… every 30 seconds.

Will I ever get a good night’s sleep again?
On another note, one tree down!

This is the top of the tree… got it at Michael’s a few years ago for less than $4.

Ho, Ho, Ho!

63 Responses to “Mr. How Sweet’s Christmas Tradition.”

Maria — November 30, 2010 @ 11:17 pm

So pretty!

Heather (Heather's Dish) — November 30, 2010 @ 11:19 pm

i’m in love…i can’t wait to do pictures of ALL my ornaments :)

megan — November 30, 2010 @ 11:19 pm

Beautiful! I can’t wait to get our tree up. I’ve been playing Christmas music, making Christmas cookies, decorating the house, but it just doesn’t feel the same without a tree.

Stephanie — November 30, 2010 @ 11:20 pm

He really is sweet, isn’t he?! If I found one of those boxes under my tree this year I just might faint and hit my head on the table!

Alexandra — November 30, 2010 @ 11:20 pm

HOW ON EARTH DID YOU MANAGE TO FIND A HUSBAND WHO BUYS YOU BOTH SHOES AND TIFFANY’S ORNAMENTS!? And where do I get one?! Haha

• Jessica — November 30th, 2010 @ 11:26 pm

If you also want a man who collects toy cars, NASCAR memorabilia, bobblehead dolls, and framed pictures of WWF wrestlers, I can help.

Healthy Chocoholic — November 30, 2010 @ 11:22 pm

What a sweet idea!!!!! Those ornaments are soo beautiful.

the blissful baker — November 30, 2010 @ 11:22 pm

mr. how sweet is too sweet!
    those ornaments are beautiful!

Eunice — November 30, 2010 @ 11:23 pm

Ah.. so romantic.. Your Mr How Sweet needs to give my Kohy a little lesson on romantical gifts. ;) I love the Tiffany’s ornaments!

janae @hungryrunnergirl.com — November 30, 2010 @ 11:23 pm

Your tree is gorgeous! I love that tradition…..can you hint at it to Billy!?!

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg — November 30, 2010 @ 11:25 pm

Ahhhh, those blue boxes really are the best. Beautiful ornaments!

Balanced Healthy Life — November 30, 2010 @ 11:29 pm

What a pretty tree! I love the flowers on it!!! : )

I wish my Husband bought me ornaments from Tiffany’s each Christmas! What a cute tradition and I bet it is so fun to remember each holiday you spent together by looking at the ornaments!!!

Amanda — November 30, 2010 @ 11:30 pm

What a wonderful tradition!! And your tree is just beautiful. Great job girl!!

Torrie @ a place to share... — November 30, 2010 @ 11:51 pm

I love the tradition, the thoughtfulness, and LOVE these pictures.

Are you on pinterest?? (the more posts I see, the more I’m loving your pictures!)

Andrea @ CanYouStayForDinner.com — December 1, 2010 @ 12:11 am

Ahhh, what fabulous gifts! I love things like that because they mean something and last forever. Well, until I break them, generally every December 4th or so.
    Your tree looks so beautiful! Very classy, my friend

Jenn L @ Peas and Crayons — December 1, 2010 @ 12:13 am

I learned a trick a loooong looooong time ago (back in high school) when a boy asks you what the heck they buy you – you give the name of a store. Tiffany’s and Coach have done me well over the years =) my hubs knows those names all too well =) Yes its completely ridiculous that i name brands instead of items… but most boys can’t shop… and they want to see you light up when you open a gift from them =)

obv you know this trick ;) but for the readers, i swear this is almost foolproof <3

xoXOxo

Kristina @ spabettie — December 1, 2010 @ 12:25 am

Mr How Sweet??

you are AWESOME !! <3

Talia @Texas Gunslinger — December 1, 2010 @ 12:29 am

Awesome tree! Awesome decorations! Awesome photos! Therefore, you’re awesome! :)

Cara Craves... — December 1, 2010 @ 12:33 am

A lovely tree!

Evan Thomas — December 1, 2010 @ 12:37 am

Ah, beautiful! I am going to live vicariously through your Christmas tree until I get to go home to mine for break

Ami @ beyondpeasandcarrots — December 1, 2010 @ 1:11 am

that tree is soooo beautiful!!!!!!!!!!

Shanna — December 1, 2010 @ 1:23 am

Ooo good job Mr How Sweet!

Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun — December 1, 2010 @ 1:29 am

I love traditions with special ornaments. Those are beautiful.

Krystina (Basil & Wine) — December 1, 2010 @ 1:33 am

Mr. How Sweet seems like such an endearing fella.

• Jessica — December 1st, 2010 @ 1:49 am

I’ll keep him. ;)

Paige @ Running Around Normal — December 1, 2010 @ 1:37 am

Girl he knows you!! What a fabulous gift tradition:) How sweet is he ;)
    Thankfully, my husband’s been easing up on the snoring…but then again when we trade ornaments, I always get an owl (I don’t even like owls! But now it’s just a funny tradition:)

Chrissy — December 1, 2010 @ 1:52 am

Mr. “How Sweet” indeed. I had to endure a few occasions of flash drives, wireless mice, laptop batteries, and DVD players, but he’s gotten better! He got me the best Valentine’s Day present EVER- the Epstein Barr virus Giant Microbe (mono- the kissing disease). I’m a biologist so it was PERFECT!!!!

Jil @ Big City, Lil Kitchen — December 1, 2010 @ 2:18 am

Beautiful!! and love that tradition!

Katie — December 1, 2010 @ 2:28 am

Makes me want to get off my lazy butt and put up a tree!

• Jessica — December 1st, 2010 @ 2:30 am

Will you really not put up a tree? :( I bet Sad Samantha would want you to.

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey — December 1, 2010 @ 2:42 am

Okay, Mr. Sweet needs to call the Husband and tell him to make up for the horrible snoring that has been going on around here!

Alisha @ Wee Foodie Fashionista — December 1, 2010 @ 2:49 am

That is the best gift idea ever. I just pulled up Tiffany and bookmarked my favorite one after showing Senor, “look Senor, you can buy me this.” Thanks for the fab idea!!!! :)

Mary @ Bites and Bliss — December 1, 2010 @ 3:00 am

That’s a really good tradition. My mom and dad have one a lot like it, and I have one but with an ornament with my school logo on it for every year I’ve been here. :)

Kylie @ A Hungry Spoon — December 1, 2010 @ 3:03 am

Your Christmas tree looks beautiful! And I couldn’t agree more about wanting to be surprised with my Christmas gifts–I never understood why someone would want to find out about a surprise before it’s time :) The waiting is half the fun!

Lisa @ Dishes of Mrs. Fish — December 1, 2010 @ 4:19 am

What a sweet tradition! :) Such a pretty one too!

Ravenous Rowie — December 1, 2010 @ 6:41 am

Love it! What beautiful ornaments! I’m feeling Christmasy!

Foxy — December 1, 2010 @ 6:54 am

Gorgeous ornaments! This post has made me feel all Christmassy now :)

Wei-Wei — December 1, 2010 @ 6:54 am

That’s so precious – they really are gorgeous ornaments.

Anne @ Food Loving Polar Bear — December 1, 2010 @ 8:14 am

Mr Sweet is really sweet! beautiful gifts!

Melissa — December 1, 2010 @ 12:25 pm

How Pretty! That last picture – did you get those ornaments at Michaels too? I just decorated our little Moroccan themed tree with those, and we got a bunch of them for like 3 dollars! Love it! And of course, the Tiffany’s ones are gorgeous – goes without saying.

• Jessica — December 1st, 2010 @ 12:29 pm

Yes, I think we did!

Liana @ femme fraiche — December 1, 2010 @ 1:12 pm

Your tree is stunning. I love your colour choices…there my favourite for Christmas time. And Mr. Sweet it Is gift tradition almost made me cry…think you could get him to give my BF a call??

CaSaundra — December 1, 2010 @ 1:34 pm

Oooo, now that’s my kinda tradition!!! ;-)

Sherrie — December 1, 2010 @ 2:36 pm

What a sweet tradition Mr Sweet started (all by himself?)!!! I’m the only ornament buyer in this house and each year our three kids get a new ornament, to be saved for their own Christmas tree we hope they own one day, ahah! I’ve never seen a floral pick used as a tree topper, another great idea! We still have that lighted star, the one that has a hard time standing straight and tall. You’ve seen them! I’ll have to look into those floral, branch picks next time I go to the store. Thanks for more wonderful ideas and, as always, fun recipes! Merry Christmas Jessica!

• Jessica — December 1st, 2010 @ 3:31 pm

He did start it by himself… very impressive!

Kacy — December 1, 2010 @ 3:30 pm

What a sweet tradition. I think he should call up my bf and give him some tips ;) Oh yeah, we’re still together. Haha.

And the snoring. OMG. I’ve gotten sneak previews from his naps. I fear for my future sleep if we make it.

• Jessica — December 1st, 2010 @ 3:36 pm

I’ve been wondering!!

Erin — December 1, 2010 @ 3:52 pm

Your pictures are so pretty! I love the last one of the ornament- makes me want to go get a tree STAT! My husband and I don’t have any tree traditions perse, but our tree houses a hodge-podge collection of both of our ornaments that we’ve collected since childhood… mine are cutesy shoes, purses, desserts, teapots (very girly items) and his are Star Wars or Lakers in nature (we live in SoCal). It’s a takcy, yet sweet tree :)

I’m not sure I’ll ever feel “grown-up” enough to have a classy tree!

Leah @ Why Deprive? — December 1, 2010 @ 5:05 pm

What an awesome husband you have!
    Then again, he’s probably just trying to make up for that awful stuffed turkey.

Rachel @ The Avid Appetite — December 1, 2010 @ 6:19 pm

That’s such a sweet tradition!

Jess@atasteofconfidence — December 1, 2010 @ 7:13 pm

Your tree and the ornaments are beautiful- what a great tradition!

Nicola — December 1, 2010 @ 10:48 pm

Aw wow your tree looks gorgeous! Those ornaments are so cute.

Kat — December 2, 2010 @ 4:40 pm

awwww Tiffany’s…… how I love you and your expensiveness….yet can never afford it. Oh well. On another note – your tree it SO PRETTY! Everything is nice and matchy and cute. Ours looks like Christmas threw up on it. But I think we like it that way :)

Kim in MD — December 2, 2010 @ 4:53 pm

Mr. How Sweet is so sweet! And, he has fabulous taste, too! But then, we already knew that…he married you! :-)

Mackenzie@The Caramel Cookie — December 2, 2010 @ 8:17 pm

Very beautiful! I love the glass ornaments. I would be too scared of breaking them though….I ALWAYS seem to break at least one ornament a year.

Avanika (Yumsilicious Bakes) — December 4, 2010 @ 6:32 pm

Wow that tree is beautiful!!! <3

1. Pingback: Tweets that mention Mr. How Sweet’s Christmas Tradition. | How Sweet It Is -- Topsy.com

2. Pingback: Peppermint Mocha Milkshake | How Sweet It Is