In pictures…

I wanted to stray from the traditional dessert route this year, which was easy since we already had the pumpkin and pecan pies. Trust me, if you are in need of a dessert everyone will love, you can never go wrong with oreo balls and red velvet cupcakes with the best frosting ever.

40 Responses to “My Thanksgiving Contribution.”

Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun — November 26, 2010 @ 10:45 pm

Agreed. Oreo balls ALWAYS win! If only mine could look as good as yours though.

• Jessica — November 26th, 2010 @ 10:54 pm

Ha! I only showed the 3 prettiest ones. The other 30 were a complete disaster. Seriously.

Erika [FoodFitnessFun] — November 26, 2010 @ 10:45 pm

Red Velvet cake is always a hit in my book! :-)

Julie @SavvyEats — November 26, 2010 @ 10:46 pm

Yummmmmm. I’ll take any leftovers ;)

Emily — November 26, 2010 @ 10:46 pm

ummm what are those little balls of chocolatey goodness?! please share the recipe!

Heather (Heather's dish) — November 26, 2010 @ 10:47 pm

Oreo balls are the best…hoy crap they’re amazing!

Amy at TheSceneFromMe — November 26, 2010 @ 10:50 pm

You are right that you can’t go wrong with Oreo balls. I make them and take them to work and they are gone quickly! I like them dipped in white chocolate!

• Jessica — November 26th, 2010 @ 10:53 pm

Love them in white chocolate too! I’ve also dipped them in peanut butter.

Victoria (District Chocoholic) — November 26, 2010 @ 10:50 pm

Awesome. Are you still looking for a frosting finisher?

• Jessica — November 26th, 2010 @ 10:53 pm

Yes! Want to apply? :)

• Victoria (District Chocoholic) — November 26th, 2010 @ 10:54 pm

Hm. Depending on the value of the frosting, it might be a pay decrease. But honestly, good buttercream frosting has no price.

Amanda — November 26, 2010 @ 10:53 pm

Oh my! Red velvet is my absolute favorite!

Lauren at KeepItSweet — November 26, 2010 @ 10:57 pm

nicely done! it all looks delicious!!

Leah @ Why Deprive? — November 26, 2010 @ 11:02 pm

You are more than welcome to contribute dessert to ANY of my dinners. :) That all looks incredible!

Heather (Basil & Wine) — November 26, 2010 @ 11:06 pm

I’ll take one with sprinkles and about 10 oreo balls, please.

Maggie @ Vittles and Bits — November 26, 2010 @ 11:20 pm

I’ve never actually made the oreo balls myself, but I have eaten them and they are A-MAZING! Who knew that cream cheese & crushed up cookies could taste so delicious :)

Andrea @ CanYouStayForDinner.com — November 26, 2010 @ 11:22 pm

I absolutely love how they look with the rainbow sprinkles!! I want to do that!

MrsABC1016 — November 26, 2010 @ 11:40 pm

I made Oreo Balls this year too! I found out the hard way that if you use Fat Free Cream Cheese they do not make that pretty dough, they are VERY smushy and VERY gooey. Tasted good, but VERY difficult to work with. The niece and nephew kept calling them reindeer poop if that gives you an idea of how they looked! lol I cover mine in chocolate and then drizzle white chocolate over them. I think it looks pretty and covers up any mistakes. (c: HAPPY LATE THANKSGIVING!!

Lisa @ Dishes of Mrs. Fish — November 26, 2010 @ 11:46 pm

Oh.my.goodness….

I can’t wait to get home and make those Oreo Balls. Seriously…..oh yum.

Estela @ Weekly Bite — November 27, 2010 @ 12:11 am

Oreo balls are the best :)

Cara — November 27, 2010 @ 12:11 am

Both looks perfect!
    I love little bite desserts like your oreo balls…
    the perfect after dinner treat to toss in your mouth.

Alexandra — November 27, 2010 @ 12:15 am

Totally going to try this oreo balls recipe. My best friend made something similar once and they were so good! Your cupcakes look SO pretty!!!

Erica — November 27, 2010 @ 12:35 am

I think that is awesome! i want to do a totally non traditional yet traditional Thanksgiving next year. I’m thinking Mexican. Pulled turkey quesadillas with cranberry salsa….things like that.

Mary @ Bites and Bliss — November 27, 2010 @ 1:30 am

Those muffins look PERFECT!!

Wei-Wei — November 27, 2010 @ 2:01 am

Daaaaaang. I thought the truffles were going to go on top of the cupcakes…

G Martin — November 27, 2010 @ 3:54 am

Wow, cupcakes! I’ve never been much of a pie person, but I sure love cupcakes. Someone should make that a new Thanksgiving tradition.

Jil @ Big City, Lil Kitchen — November 27, 2010 @ 4:12 am

I may have gasped outloud at this post. Del.ic.ious.

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — November 27, 2010 @ 7:07 am

SO pretty.

Amanda — November 27, 2010 @ 12:14 pm

Looks like excellent choice to me!! Be blessed!

MelissaNibbles — November 27, 2010 @ 12:32 pm

Yum yum!

Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine — November 27, 2010 @ 12:42 pm

Oreo balls!! I haven’t made those in AGES…though I had a mini-Oreo cheesecake last night and it was delicious :)

I love that picture with the alternating cupcakes!

Kelly — November 27, 2010 @ 4:13 pm

Yum. Your contributions are so fitting. I wouldn’t have expected anything different from you.

Low — November 27, 2010 @ 6:59 pm

Um, wish I could have been there for all that!

Kat @ Living Like the Kings — November 27, 2010 @ 7:49 pm

Oh yum! I love home made truffles

Healthy Chocoholic — November 27, 2010 @ 9:38 pm

Wow! If you need someone to help you get rid of your leftovers, all you have to do is ask!!!!

Torrie @ a place to share... — November 29, 2010 @ 9:03 pm

LOVE your photos in this post… pinning 2 of them (the red velvet cupcakes and the sprinkles- my favorite type of sprinkles!) to my pinterest page.

McKenzie — November 30, 2010 @ 8:04 pm

I am so impressed with how beautiful your cupcakes look! I can’t stop thinking about them! What impressive trick of the trade do you have? Please share!

Thanks,
    McKenzie

• Jessica — November 30th, 2010 @ 8:31 pm

Thank you! No secret to these at all, other than dipping them in the sprinkles makes the look more evenly frosted. Usually I use a piping bag for frosting, but it’s tough to do with this specific icing. Next time you frost a cupcake, just dip it in a bowl of sprinkles. :)

1. Pingback: Tweets that mention My Thanksgiving Contribution. | How Sweet It Is -- Topsy.com