I’m still in a food coma, probably wrapped up in a massive afghan floating on a mashed potato cloud. If you’re anything like me, you can’t wait until you can smother your leftover turkey, stuffing and potatoes with more gravy and eat your 14th slice of pumpkin pie with fresh whipped cream.

But just in case you’re not like me, and you got enough of the traditional Thanksgiving meal yesterday, here is a nifty quesadilla you can throw together in about 10 minutes.

Turkey, Brie & Cranberry Quesadilla

serves 1

2 whole wheat tortillas

3 ounces turkey, shredded

2 tablespoons cranberry sauce

1 ounce of brie cheese, chopped

Preheat pan or griddle on medium-low heat. Lay one tortilla flat, top with half of the cheese, and all of the turkey and cranberry sauce. Top with remaining cheese and tortilla. Make sure cheese is on both sides of the tortilla to act as “glue.” Lay in skillet and toast for 3-4 minutes per side, or until golden brown.

Plain and simple, no? I may have also thrown some stuffing in there. Because frankly, I just can’t help myself.

And if that doesn’t float your boat, here are a few other recipes where you can simply substitute turkey:

BBQ Chicken Quesadillas

BBQ Chicken Sliders

Loaded Baked Nachos

Enchilada Lasagna

Chopped Chicken Salad

Southwest Salad

What are you plans for Thanksgiving leftovers? My only real plan is for them to end up in my stomach. I’m not concerned about the vehicle getting them there.

63 Responses to “Turkey, Brie and Cranberry Quesadillas.”

Estela @ Weekly Bite — November 26, 2010 @ 11:29 am

Love that quesadilla idea! I can only eat Turkey day dinner so many times, so this is perfect!

Hope you had a great thanksgiving!

MelissaNibbles — November 26, 2010 @ 11:34 am

Yum yum! I made a wrap with a Laughing Cow, turkey and cranberry sauce last night. It was glorious!

Ami @ beyondpeasandcarrots — November 26, 2010 @ 12:02 pm

what a great alternative to a reg turkey sandwich!!

Healthy Chocoholic — November 26, 2010 @ 12:19 pm

Fruit and cheese? Classic combo!!!! Looks good, but I can’t say that I’m tired yet of Thanksgiving food….maybe tomorrow?

Lauren at KeepItSweet — November 26, 2010 @ 12:25 pm

great idea for leftovers! too bad we have a late thanksgiving dinner and i am still full this morning:-)

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) — November 26, 2010 @ 12:31 pm

I can’t wait for leftovers today! I hope you had a great Thanksgiving Jessica!

Hollie @lolzthatswim(andrun) — November 26, 2010 @ 12:32 pm

Oh wow that is such a great idea. I’m going to have to try it, who wants to eat boring turkey sandwiches?

Madeline - Greens and Jeans — November 26, 2010 @ 12:37 pm

This is definitely more exciting than the turkey and stuffing sandwiches I had planned to make by the dozen!

Victoria (District Chocoholic) — November 26, 2010 @ 12:42 pm

You did it. You made me hungry again. At about 4 am, I thought it would never happen, but this picture with melted brie has me reaching for whatever cheese I can find.

marla {family fresh cooking} — November 26, 2010 @ 12:48 pm

These quesadillas look great. I am ready for round two of Thanksgiving today :)

Katrina — November 26, 2010 @ 12:49 pm

Great idea! This looks fabulous.

Robyn — November 26, 2010 @ 12:55 pm

so jealous of all americans with leftover turkey this weekend!

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat — November 26, 2010 @ 1:28 pm

I’m not always too big on regular quesadillas but these ones sound so much more interesting! I don’t think i could ever get tired of turkey!

Matt — November 26, 2010 @ 1:39 pm

Looks great! I have leftover turkey for lunch today :)

Amy at TheSceneFromMe — November 26, 2010 @ 1:45 pm

I plan on adding some cranberry sauce to my oatmeal and broiling the leftover cornbread to put on my salad (with turkey on top)!
    Quesadilla’s are a great idea!

• Jessica — November 26th, 2010 @ 10:56 pm

That sounds delicious!

Rachel @ The Avid Appetite — November 26, 2010 @ 1:50 pm

Yum! Unfortunately I have no leftovers since we split the day at the husband’s family and my family. So wishing I had a giant plate of stuffing and gravy right now!

Good thing I’m off from work…so I can make some…

Erica — November 26, 2010 @ 1:58 pm

Hope you guys had a great Thanksgiving. I brought a little leftover turkey home for the man, not sure what I’m going to do with it yet. The quesadilla is a great idea, but I’m sure he’ll opt for the traditional sandwich

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey — November 26, 2010 @ 2:17 pm

I’m planning on living off of leftovers for the next few days!! :)

Camille — November 26, 2010 @ 2:37 pm

I love the unique take on leftovers!
    I may have to try this today, sans turkey. :)

Jil @ Big City, Lil Kitchen — November 26, 2010 @ 2:38 pm

Ohh, anything with brie in it..I’m in!

Erika [FoodFitnessFun] — November 26, 2010 @ 2:56 pm

Yes Yes YES! I have all of the ingredients except for the tortillas. I am making it anyways! :-P

Mary @ Bites and Bliss — November 26, 2010 @ 3:03 pm

Perfect way to use up leftovers!! Looks delicious!

Heather (Basil & Wine) — November 26, 2010 @ 3:15 pm

I’m a fan of anything including brie.

• Jessica — November 26th, 2010 @ 10:56 pm

Ditto.

Moni'sMeals — November 26, 2010 @ 4:24 pm

Thanks for this idea. Brilliant! I am all about “filling up” the quesadilla with all leftovers idea. :)

Heather — November 26, 2010 @ 4:50 pm

this sounds amazing, and the perfect way to use up leftovers! and let’s get serious…anything doused in brie is going to be good. always. forever. amen.

Natalia - a side of simple — November 26, 2010 @ 5:28 pm

What a perfect way to mishmash some leftovers together! Because let’s admit it, some flavors just taste better melted together :)

Kat @ Living Like the Kings — November 26, 2010 @ 5:42 pm

this looks DELICIOUS

Baking Serendipity — November 26, 2010 @ 7:22 pm

I have soooo many leftovers…thanks for the recipe ideas! I think this quesadilla will hit the spot in a few days, when I’m tired of the traditional Thanksgiving meal leftovers :) I also want to make your mashed potato pancakes…they looked awesome!

• Jessica — November 26th, 2010 @ 10:55 pm

I hope you try! They are so good.

blackbookkitchendiaries — November 26, 2010 @ 8:05 pm

this looks very lovely..i am going to make some tomorrow. thanks for sharing this.

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) — November 26, 2010 @ 8:27 pm

these look great!

scott has been going to town on the turkey..there will be no leftovers I after tonite I dont think! haha!

Blond Duck — November 26, 2010 @ 8:42 pm

I had to leave all the leftovers at my mom’s…I was so sad! My mom got me this bag of sweet potato chips at an organic food store in Austin…they’re smothered in cinnamon and sugar–you should look for them! You’d love them!

• Jessica — November 26th, 2010 @ 10:55 pm

We only have leftovers at my mom’s too. But I’ve already been over there eating them! And those chips sound AMAZING.

Emily — November 26, 2010 @ 10:22 pm

What a great idea! Although, like you, finding a way to finish leftovers is typically NOT a problem. This morning I basically just had the same meal as yesterday — so what if it was 8am?!

• Jessica — November 26th, 2010 @ 10:54 pm

Totally acceptable. :)

Imwaytoobusy — November 26, 2010 @ 11:29 pm

I love this idea! I will be trying this asap ;)

Cara — November 26, 2010 @ 11:59 pm

Yes please!
    I would love one of those.

Alyssa — November 27, 2010 @ 12:03 am

Turkey and cranberry sauce are the only Thanksgiving foods I can never get enough of (and really, who can ever have enough cheese?). Def need to try this…

Wei-Wei — November 27, 2010 @ 2:13 am

I loooove quesadillas. My mom actually used to make them for breakfast :D

J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) — November 27, 2010 @ 2:34 am

Oh wow! That quesadilla looks AMAING! We’re lovin’ turkey + cranberry sauce sandwiches. YUMMMM

Paige @ Running Around Normal — November 27, 2010 @ 4:09 am

What a unique twist!! I may just make this for the husband tomorrow for leftover lunch :)

Cat @ YoungHungryFoolish — November 27, 2010 @ 5:00 am

Such a great idea! Love leftovers!

Lauren @ Once Upon a Brewhouse — November 27, 2010 @ 10:39 am

An important leftover for me is the turkey carcass and undesirables. They make a great stock when boiled with water, wine, carrots, onion, celery, peppercorns and whatever else I think might be interesting. Cold season is upon us. I heart chicken soup.

Sarah (Running to Slow Things Down) — November 27, 2010 @ 1:30 pm

This looks awesome! Can you believe that I’ve never before tried brie? And yet I know that once I do, I’ll love it. This recipe gives me good reason to pick some up. :D

• Jessica — November 27th, 2010 @ 2:26 pm

You MUST try it!

Low — November 27, 2010 @ 4:16 pm

That looks amazing!!!

Salah@myhealthiestlife — November 28, 2010 @ 1:14 am

mmmm what a great idea!!! I bet it was sooo amazing!! I love turkey and cranberry club sandwiches!!

AZAshley — November 29, 2010 @ 2:09 pm

I am sure you have seen this before in regards to bacon recipes, but I thought I’d share with you in case you hadn’t…It’s for a bacon loaf….

• Jessica — November 29th, 2010 @ 3:11 pm

I did see this. Unreal!

Sheena @ theSheenBean — November 29, 2010 @ 6:48 pm

I love making quesadillas with turkey leftovers! They are one of my favorite leftover meals. I will have to try your version soon.

Torrie @ a place to share... — November 29, 2010 @ 9:00 pm

… a little late on this, but since you asked(!)-

Carcasses are in the freezer- waiting to be transformed into gumbo:).

Ingrid — November 29, 2010 @ 9:52 pm

Wow! This looks delicious!

Tracy — November 29, 2010 @ 11:50 pm

These look incredible! I was just thinking I needed to pick up some quesadillas just in case, and now I know exactly what I want to make with them. I absolutely can’t wait to make these!!

Heather — November 30, 2010 @ 1:01 pm

Oh my gosh, I am seriously drooling…especially with the pic showing all the melty cheese goodness!

Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction — December 9, 2010 @ 12:58 am

I’m so far behind on RSS reading (you might have noticed!)… But, now I’m wishing I had seen this sooner when I still had turkey in the house. These look FABULOUS!

1. Pingback: Tweets that mention Turkey, Brie and Cranberry Quesadillas | How Sweet It Is -- Topsy.com

2. Pingback: Using Your Leftovers: Round-Up — Savvy Eats

3. Pingback: 101 Ways To Use Leftover Turkey | FoodFitnessFun

4. Pingback: Chili Cheese Topped Salad (with Fries…) « Life of a Dabbler

5. Pingback: Not So Junk Food: How Sweet It Is Edits | English Major's Junk Food