Before I get to sharing two new delicious recipes with you, I must make sure you are sufficiently prepped to ring in the new year! Growing up, we always celebrated New Year’s Eve with friends and family and looked forward to it the entire year. It was so much fun.

With nearly 500 recipes, I know the recipe index can be somewhat overwhelming, so I listed my favorites here. Enjoy!

Snacks

Pumpkin Spice Breakfast Cakes

Caramelized Apple and Cheddar Omelet

Whole Wheat Cinnamon Bun Pancakes

Creme Brulee’ French Toast

Whole Wheat Double Chocolate Chip Waffles

Sweet Potato Homefries

Do you have a special tradition for New Year’s? What are you planning to make?

72 Responses to “55 Recipes For New Year’s Eve.”

Estela @ Weekly Bite — December 28, 2010 @ 12:12 pm

Wow! 500 recipes is quite the collection! I think I make your gorgonzola stuffed olives to take to a party we’re going too :) Thanks for the inspiration!

Liz @ LBBakes — December 28, 2010 @ 12:15 pm

And after we eat all this, we’ll roll ourselves right into 2011. :)

I need to give those cinnamon bun pancakes a try!

Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine — December 28, 2010 @ 12:31 pm

One of my best friends’ birthday is New Year’s Day, so I’ve made him a cake for the past three years. He loves it!! Other than that, not much tradition- unless getting drunk counts as a tradition :)

Blog is the New Black — December 28, 2010 @ 12:32 pm

Genius!

Nicole @ Making Good Choices — December 28, 2010 @ 12:38 pm

The only thing better than these recipes is you having a big party and inviting us all over to eat! :)

Lauren at KeepItSweet — December 28, 2010 @ 12:58 pm

great list and i am highly recommending your cookie dough dip! my husband and i ate almost an entire batch last night… delicious!

• Jessica — December 28th, 2010 @ 2:43 pm

That’s easy to do!

Sarena (The Non Dairy Queen) — December 28, 2010 @ 1:05 pm

We do the traditional new years day meal…ham, black eyed peas and greens. I think this year I am going to do a pork loin with black eyed peans and collard greens with cornbread…I am already craving it!

• Jessica — December 28th, 2010 @ 2:39 pm

Wish I was coming to your house. Yum.

Holly — December 28, 2010 @ 1:33 pm

So I’m having an all day food fest and I’m cookong each meal for one day….& guess whose recipes I’m using for nearly everything I’m making??! Yours :) Can’t wait for them to try them!

• Jessica — December 28th, 2010 @ 2:39 pm

That’s awesome! Which ones are you making? Let me know how they are!

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey — December 28, 2010 @ 1:43 pm

Holy cow those look good! I especially love the cinnamon bun pancakes, but that just might be because I’m obsessed with cinnamon rolls right now… or always.

On New Year’s Eve, we kind of just go wherever we’re invited. We’ve done the fancy thing, the downtown thing, the extravagent party in the club thing, but none of that’s really OUR thing. We’re homebodies who like appetizers, games, and couches. No shame in that!

• Jessica — December 28th, 2010 @ 2:38 pm

We are also huge homebodies.

Healthy chocoholic — December 28, 2010 @ 1:46 pm

yum! Thanks for putting all of these recipes together! =D

Lisa @ Dishes of Mrs. Fish — December 28, 2010 @ 1:50 pm

Thanks for a fantastic list! I’m a German gal, we have something with sauerkraut on New Year’s Day.

Kori — December 28, 2010 @ 2:13 pm

Wow, this post might be one of the best ever. Thanks so much for compiling your faves… Can’t wait to try them!

Taryn — December 28, 2010 @ 2:14 pm

My plan for tonight’s dinner: Asiago Breaded Pork Chops and Sweet Potato Homefries! Oh my! ;-)

• Jessica — December 28th, 2010 @ 2:38 pm

Yum! Please report back.

Baking Serendipity — December 28, 2010 @ 2:22 pm

You have some seriously awesome options here! Hope you have a fantastic New Years :)

• Jessica — December 28th, 2010 @ 2:38 pm

You too!

megan @ whatmegansmaking — December 28, 2010 @ 2:29 pm

you inspire me. that is all.

• Jessica — December 28th, 2010 @ 2:37 pm

You also inspire me!

Victoria (District Chocoholic) — December 28, 2010 @ 2:29 pm

This is perfect timing – I need impressive recipes for a get together with my aunt and cousins, who are total food-lovers.

Lindsey @ Gingerbread Bagels — December 28, 2010 @ 2:32 pm

Mmmm Oh my word does everything look amazing?!! And not to mention absolutely gorgeous. I’m going to have to take a closer look at these recipes and narrow it down! I hope you have a wonderful New Years! :)

Kacy — December 28, 2010 @ 2:45 pm

You are my recipe savior.

I definitely don’t have any food traditions on New Year’s. It’s kind of sad. And considering the fact that the bf has no ability to plan more than 5 hours in advance, I have no idea what we’ll be doing this year. Sigh. Maybe I’ll make all 55 of these recipes and eat them all myself?

Alaina — December 28, 2010 @ 2:51 pm

Oh wow. Everything there looks delicious!!! :-)

Theresa — December 28, 2010 @ 3:08 pm

I love that you have twice as many desserts as dinners on here! he he he These look so good! Especially the Asiago Breaded Pork Chops, cant wait to try them

Heather @ Get Healthy With Heather — December 28, 2010 @ 3:58 pm

Most new years we actually continue to celebrate Christmas with family in Seattle. This new years is no different! I’ve got some goodies up my sleeve to share… Spinach gratin, carrot biscuits and roasted chickpeas to name a few.

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) — December 28, 2010 @ 4:19 pm

nothing like sharing a couple recipes w/ your readers :)

love it girl!

Jess — December 28, 2010 @ 4:32 pm

Those cinnamon bun pancakes look RIDICULOUSLY amazing. I want some nowwww!

Kim in MD — December 28, 2010 @ 4:38 pm

Ok, Jessica…I want to make each and every single recipe you posted for New Year’s Eve! :-)

My husband and I normally like to stay home and toast in the New Year, but this year we are going to enjoy an early dinner at one of our favorite restaurants on the Severn River and watch the fireworks at the Annapolis Naval Academy (across the river from the restaurant we are eating at). The fireworks start at 7:30p.m., so we should be home in our p.j.’s in time to watch New Year’s Rock’in Eve in NYC! Well, truth be told- I will be up to watch the ball drop…my husband will be asleep by then! P.S. Is that lame? ;-) Happy New Year!

Mimi (Gingersnaps) — December 28, 2010 @ 4:55 pm

This all looks so delicious! I’m going for the lobster man ‘n cheese! And maybe a double order of those peanut butter blondies.

Nicole, RD — December 28, 2010 @ 4:59 pm

I was hungry and now I’m STARVING! YUM! Gorgeous, delicious! I want it all on NYE! I have no idea what I’m going to make, but I hope it looks as good!!!

Lindsay @ Pinch of Yum — December 28, 2010 @ 5:10 pm

Yummmmy. I have no idea what I’m going to cook on New Years, if anything. But this is a perfect starting point… now how will I ever decide which ones to make?!

• Jessica — December 28th, 2010 @ 9:24 pm

I’m trying to decide the same thing!

AmyLou — December 28, 2010 @ 5:20 pm

I made your Bourbon Pecan Pie Brownies for Christmas. . . . they were a HUGE, HUGE hit!!! We couldn’t get enough – warmed up with ice cream on the top, yummy!!!

My only problem was that I sprayed the pan before with non-stick stuff, and the side separated slightly, making the pecan pie filling seep onto the bottom. They were super hard to get out because of that, but well worth the effort!! ;)

• Jessica — December 28th, 2010 @ 9:24 pm

I love those things… so glad everyone loved them!

Shawn @ I Wash...You Dry — December 28, 2010 @ 5:57 pm

Is it legal to eat the ice cream crepes for breakfast? I mean, crepes, berries…yes, there is ice cream, but c’mon! It’s screaming New Years Day breakfast! :)

• Jessica — December 28th, 2010 @ 9:24 pm

I say it is, so it must be.

Rachel @ The Avid Appetite — December 28, 2010 @ 6:12 pm

Love this rundown! You have so many great recipes!

Katie — December 28, 2010 @ 6:15 pm

I’ve never been one to celebrate New Year’s too fervently…I think it’s my affinity for going to bed at 9pm. :-) However, good food is always worth staying up for, and all of your recipes look spectacular. When are you making a cookbook??

Justeen @ Blissful Baking — December 28, 2010 @ 6:22 pm

ohhh the butternut squash salsa is absolutely gorgeous and totally sounds like my kind of appetizer!! i am SO excited to try it out!

Jennifer — December 28, 2010 @ 6:49 pm

All of these look delicious!

janetha @ meals and moves — December 28, 2010 @ 6:57 pm

i think i will have to make all 55.

carlee — December 28, 2010 @ 8:18 pm

Cinnamon Bun panackes! Yum!!!
    I agreee with Janetha! Loook like i’ll be whipping up all 55 of those please.

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat — December 28, 2010 @ 8:49 pm

Thanks for the recipe roundup girl! I’m having a bunch of friends over for New Years Eve so these recipes should give me some great inspiration. Hope you’re having a great day! :)

Jillian — December 28, 2010 @ 9:05 pm

I seriously just bookmarked half of these recipes. I’m making the cookie dough dips for New Year’s only because it’s no bake and there’s no possible way for me to burn them! Thanks!

megan — December 28, 2010 @ 9:25 pm

What a great round up. From the fire cracker shrimp to the bourbon pecan pie brownies to the pumpkin pie spice cakes, it’s all calling my name. Major Yum!

We’re having a big bonfire on New Years Eve and I’m making a Gouda and beer fondue. Thinking those mocha truffles again also, they were such a hit at Christmas. Who knows what else??? :)

• Jessica — December 28th, 2010 @ 9:59 pm

A bonfire on New Year’s sounds so fun!

Maria — December 28, 2010 @ 10:04 pm

Love them all!

Erica — December 28, 2010 @ 10:23 pm

GREAT list. Mandi and I are deciding whether we’re going to cook…or get takeout. I can’t take any more sweets…but I’ve had your Two Bean Pesto Dip book marked forever ever.

WenDee Riffe — December 29, 2010 @ 12:38 am

WOW~~~i didnt realize you had 500 recipes!!! unreal and awesome!!!!

Salah@myhealthiestlife — December 29, 2010 @ 1:25 am

I must have missed that pancakes recipe (cinnamon bun pancakes)…..will be making those soon!

Cara Craves... — December 29, 2010 @ 1:53 am

You are brilliant!

Ashlee — December 29, 2010 @ 2:24 am

Wow…these all look yummy. I don’t have a specific NYE tradition, but I will be at my friend’s ski house this year. I’ll have to make one of your yummy treats for the hostess!

Barbara Bakes — December 29, 2010 @ 3:58 am

What a great roundup of favorites. Those ice cream cream crepes sound especially amazing!

Marie — December 29, 2010 @ 5:47 am

Dang. The angle on those brownies makes them look beyond delicious.

Thanks for the list of recipes! Although, I don’t find your recipe index overwhelming – IMO, it’s more like a foodie playground. :)

Amanda — December 29, 2010 @ 1:09 pm

So after you put this together were you like… um, I have a book here?!!! Seriously… so proud of all you do girl!

Blessings-
    Amanda

HollyL — December 29, 2010 @ 8:21 pm

I made your HoHo cake for Christmas eve and it was the biggest hit!! I posted it on my blog today with a link to your site! Hope you have a great New Years : )

• Jessica — December 30th, 2010 @ 2:19 am

I am so glad you liked it girl!

Amy at TheSceneFromMe — December 29, 2010 @ 9:03 pm

Wonderful yummy scrumptious and delicious creations for NYE snacks! Thank you for sharing ALL of them!
    I plan on making some of these: http://thescenefromme.com/2010/12/19/sausage-cheese-toasts/
    THey are easy and get snatched up quickly at parties!

• Jessica — December 30th, 2010 @ 2:17 am

Those sound delish!

Ellen@FirednFabulous — December 29, 2010 @ 11:03 pm

Those pizzas look so yummy and I love when you feature pics of food dripping with goodness :)

1. Pingback: Tweets that mention 55 Recipes for New Year's Eve: -- Topsy.com