Last year, I spent an entire month highlighting some of my favorite holiday appetizers.

All that really left me with was 10 extra pounds and an outrageously long appetizer recipe index. So I wanted to share some of my favorites over the last 365 days.

Enjoy!

Two Bean Pesto Dip

Fresh Fruit Bruschetta

Baked Mac and Cheese Cupcakes

Homemade Everything Flatbread Crackers

Roasted Cinnamon Pear Bruschetta

Spicy Smokey Cashews

Easy Whole Wheat Cheese Straws

Roasted Garlic White Bean Hummus

Cookie Dough Dip

Hot Caprese Dip

BBQ Chicken Quesadillas

Butternut Squash Salsa

Heading to a holiday party in the next two weeks? What is on your must-make list?

42 Responses to “Holiday Snacks and Appetizers.”

steph@stephsbitebybite — December 18, 2010 @ 3:26 pm

Cookie dough dip and cheese straws are on my list!!

Krystina (Basil & Wine) — December 18, 2010 @ 3:30 pm

I am seriously making that caprese dip. I need it in my life.

God, my love of chocolate and cheese will be the death of me.

Lisa @ Dishes of Mrs. Fish — December 18, 2010 @ 3:35 pm

Jalapeno Popper Dip: It’s in-sanely good. My husband and I may or may not have devoured an 8 by 8 dish by ourselves once. True story. We did.

Erica — December 18, 2010 @ 3:37 pm

Great post! I think everyone is looking for a special item or two to make for the holidays now, so this will be super helpful. I totally want to try your Baked Mac and Cheese Cupcakes

Kristen @ That Hoosier Girl — December 18, 2010 @ 3:51 pm

I made the Better-Than-Crack Brownies for a get together at my parents’ tonight. Confession: I couldn’t stay out of them and snuck one yesterday! I considered using the ‘cut them all out and put them on a plate’ trick so that nobody could tell one was missing, but then decided…ehh…they’re family! They have to love me anyway ;)

mags — December 18, 2010 @ 3:52 pm

I just posted my favorite apps too! Either great minds think alike or we’re both too busy writing last minute Christmas cards or wrapping presents to cook or bake anything new today…LOL

• Jessica — December 18th, 2010 @ 4:00 pm

LOL! You got that right. :)

Kat @ Living Like the Kings — December 18, 2010 @ 4:12 pm

I’ve made some of those – they are DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Averie (LoveVeggiesandYoga) — December 18, 2010 @ 4:16 pm

I want the cashews, the cookie dough dip, and just about everything else!

The muffin tins full of baked mac n cheese, oh, skylar & scott would lovvvvve those!

Lauren @ Once Upon a Brewhouse — December 18, 2010 @ 4:37 pm

Thank you again for cookie dough dip. We are all better people for just knowing it’s out there.

Leah @ Why Deprive? — December 18, 2010 @ 4:56 pm

I’m making the cookie dough dip for my family Christmas party tomorrow. I’m so excited for it!

Erika @ FoodFitnessFun — December 18, 2010 @ 5:05 pm

Oooh La La! I never checked your appetizer recipe tab before. I was missing out. I’m still drooling from your Cookie Dough Dip. I think I’ll make it to snack on while my Mom and I bake Christmas Cookies today. :-)

Kelly — December 18, 2010 @ 5:19 pm

I am hosting Christmas Eve this year at my house and we are doing only appetizers. And seriously 8 of the 12 I am making came from YOU!! :)

Healthy chocoholic — December 18, 2010 @ 5:21 pm

Yay for cookie dough dip!!!!!!! Soo tasty!
    Everything else looks wonderful as well!!!!

mangocheeks — December 18, 2010 @ 5:29 pm

Thanks for sharing these foodie ideas, good for now and for other occasions. I especially like the sound of the butternut squash salsa.

Victoria (District Chocoholic) — December 18, 2010 @ 5:42 pm

Mmmmmmmm mac and cheese cupcakes. Need. With bacon.

Ellen@FirednFabulous — December 18, 2010 @ 6:15 pm

My mom has a tradition where she makes appetizers/dips on Christmas Eve and a fancy dinner Christmas night. I’m going to help out in the kitchen (for a change!) and make your hot caprese dip! I’ll let you know if it’s Mom C.-approved…I’m SURE it will be!

Heather — December 18, 2010 @ 6:49 pm

We have the usual stuff for the holidays but this year is broken up by the impending birth of my niece so we are all spread out. As a result, hubby has requested my fabulous stuffed french toast that I plan to make with a twist by using panettone bread (thank you Giada!)

And I just finished up my afternoon snack of Choc Chip Cookie Dough Dip with pretzels & had the last couple bites with a spoon of ice cream. So good! Hubs will love that on top of his ice cream!!!

• Jessica — December 18th, 2010 @ 7:12 pm

Oh my gosh – I didn’t even think of adding that to ice cream. Brilliant!

Kelly — December 18, 2010 @ 6:49 pm

I have a guacamole recipe from epicurious that I always make. It has pear and pomegranate seeds to make it unique and it is so, so good. The sweet/savory combo is addictive.

• Jessica — December 18th, 2010 @ 7:11 pm

That sounds SO good!

Cheryl — December 18, 2010 @ 6:54 pm

Amazing list! I can’t get over the mac and cheese cupcakes! Baby time permitting, I’ll be making some snowball cookies, I think, and I’d like to be able to make your caprese dip!

Heather — December 18, 2010 @ 6:57 pm

how did i ever forget about the mac and cheese cupcakes?! i’ve got to make those…stat!

Sara — December 18, 2010 @ 9:48 pm

I have to make bacon-wrapped water chestnuts for my parents’ annual open house. Oh, and meatballs with the chili sauce/grape jelly. And we usually do the buffalo chicken dip, too. So good!

Amy @ Serve At Once — December 18, 2010 @ 10:17 pm

That hummus has got my name written ALL over it. It’s a great food anytime–with grilled pita or veggies. You can’t beat it!

And those mac and cheese cupcakes? Too cute. WAYYYY too cute. As in, so cute I’d want to eat ALL of them.

Chrissy — December 18, 2010 @ 10:21 pm

I’m making a pumpkin cheesecake (I suppose that’s technically dessert and not an appetizer, but my girl Jessica doesn’t judge). I want to choose one other thing to make, but it’s so hard. I have SOOOOO many recipes saved for a “special occasion”, and what’s more special than Christmas? I don’t want to go nuts making a dozen things though. Decisions, decisions.

MelissaNibbles — December 18, 2010 @ 10:28 pm

I wish I was going to a party tonight, but I’m at work dreaming about those mac and cheese cupcakes.

Rachcakes — December 18, 2010 @ 10:56 pm

I went to a party last night and brought your bacon wrapped scallops and oreo balls. They were all demolished within 10 minutes. Soooo gooooddd!!

ashley — December 18, 2010 @ 11:41 pm

Made the cookie dough dip & it was a big hit! Actually I’m sitting here eating the leftovers now!!!

Katrina — December 19, 2010 @ 12:38 am

These all look lovely, but which one to choose?! I’ll go for cookie dough dip this time I think! :)

Danielle — December 19, 2010 @ 1:25 am

I never had a ‘savory cupcake’ before… those mac & cheese ones look amazing.

Moni'sMeals — December 19, 2010 @ 1:40 am

wow these look great! along with your last posts that I missed…Hoho cake,that French Toast, and the Cookie Dough Dip is ridonkulous!
    they all look so good.

Alicia — December 19, 2010 @ 1:55 am

I needed something to bring to a party thanks!

sophia — December 19, 2010 @ 7:33 am

Must make list (all for ME):

1) Black Sesame milk bread
    2) Pizza (from scratch)
    3) Walnut tart
    4) Sugar cookies
    5) Naan
    6) Corn pudding
    7) Chinese stir-fry (authentic!)
    8) Dumplings!

Erin @ Big Girl Feats — December 19, 2010 @ 1:48 pm

Thank you for posting these! I was looking for apps last night to take to a party and ended up making cajun hummus. These would have been so much better!

(Hi! by the way! :)).

Maria — December 19, 2010 @ 1:57 pm

I am making this Cranberry Orange Brie Crostini:

Homemade Soft Pretzel Bites are also fun:

Great recipes! Thanks gf!

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg — December 19, 2010 @ 2:47 pm

We’re having a cocktail party on Christmas Eve, and I’m marking this page right now! Those mac ‘n’ cheese cupcakes are going to be a hit!

One Healthy Apple — December 20, 2010 @ 12:44 am

Gorgeous photos and food as always, Jessica!

I am planning on making cookies and brownies- nothing crazy ;)

Soo — December 20, 2010 @ 1:11 am

Oh my goodness–I just saw Giada (from Giada at Home) make the baked mac and cheese cups! They look delicious! :)

And I just looked at the recipe–they are Giada! Duh! :)

Heather — December 20, 2010 @ 1:35 am

The mac n’ cheese cupcakes and the roasted cinnamon pear bruschetta has me drooling over my keyboard! Where did you find that balsamic??

Dong Arango — May 30, 2013 @ 11:33 am

An appetizer is a small first course of an overall meal. Common examples include: shrimp cocktail, calamari, salad, potato skins, mussels, bruschetta or cheese and crackers. An appetizer may also be very elegant in some restaurants.-..^”

Talk to you later
    <http://www.wellnessdigest.co/

1. Pingback: Tweets that mention Holiday Appetizers | How Sweet It Is -- Topsy.com