When I came home tonight and discovered I was out of eggs, I decided I was done baking. I’ve had enough.

I put the finishing touches on the red velvet cake balls.

[oops. that one got slammed.]

Whipped up some more cake batter bark.

Doused my pretzels in sprinkles.

And called it a night.

Nothin’ better than sitting by the tree on Christmas Eve Eve!

38 Responses to “I’ve Had Enough.”

BIOCHEMISTA — December 24, 2010 @ 3:16 am

I agree! I’m sitting by mine right now :) :)

Estela @ Weekly Bite — December 24, 2010 @ 3:16 am

Gorgeous tree! I bet those cake balls are amazing :)

Jessica @ The Process of Healing — December 24, 2010 @ 3:18 am

I am so jealous of your cake balls!!!
    And I agree. I was going to make sugar cookies but after fudge and cookies, I think i’m baked out for the day!

• Jessica — December 24th, 2010 @ 3:21 am

Sugar cookies were what I was going to make too!

Jil @ Big City, Lil Kitchen — December 24, 2010 @ 3:19 am

Ahh – these all look incredible! Merry Christmas Eve Eve

Jenn L @ Peas & Crayons — December 24, 2010 @ 3:21 am

Merry Christmas eve eve! <3 enjoy!

Jess — December 24, 2010 @ 3:23 am

merry christmas, girl!!

VeggieGirl — December 24, 2010 @ 3:24 am

Have a FAAAAABULOUS Christmas, dear Jessica!

Lisa @ Dishes of Mrs. Fish — December 24, 2010 @ 3:24 am

Me too! :) I made three batches of cookies today…I’m done. Everything looks yummy.

P.S. Hubby wants to thank Mother Lovett for saving that newspaper clipping from 1965…he the snickerdoodles.

• Jessica — December 24th, 2010 @ 3:48 am

Sweet!

Erin of Fit Mama Training — December 24, 2010 @ 3:31 am

cake balls? cake batter bark? how do I make these things?!?!?!? and how have I NEVER heard of either one?!

Amber — December 24, 2010 @ 3:33 am

I am done too! Tomorrow’s cooking is only preparation for Saturday…such as making the sausage ball dough to be ready Christmas morning…fixing the hasbrown casserole (or as the kiddos call it…the cheesy potatoes). After baking all day, I have to admit I cheated….yes…there…it’s out…I CHEATED! I made cookies from a cake box!!! I’m soooo ashamed!!! But they actually turned out quite heavenly!! They are lemon…I think that might a nice break in the chocolate for some folks around here!

I still haven’t dipped my pretzel rods….wanna come dip mine for me? I’ll pay you in baked goods!!!….namely chocolate!! Or I have bacon in the fridge!! lol

• Jessica — December 24th, 2010 @ 3:47 am

If you pay me in bacon, I will come!
      And boxed mixes are not cheating! I love them.

Victoria (District Chocoholic) — December 24, 2010 @ 4:00 am

I might be with you on done with cookies. Except my grandmother, God bless her 82-year-old self, reads my blog, and said “wait, you didn’t bring any lime coconut thumbprints.” So really, I have to. Just have to.

Chicago Cuisine Critique — December 24, 2010 @ 4:06 am

Agreed. All of your treats look amazing! Enjoy your tree and Merry Christmas (Eve Eve)!

Mary @ Bites and Bliss — December 24, 2010 @ 4:11 am

Running out of eggs is a good sign it’s time to put down the whisk. It all looks delicious, though!

Krystina (Basil & Wine) — December 24, 2010 @ 4:12 am

Relax! You deserve it. :)

Alaina — December 24, 2010 @ 4:40 am

I am baked-out too. I really want to get into making some dinners and appetizers. :-)

Leah @ Why Deprive? — December 24, 2010 @ 5:36 am

Everything looks so good! What I wouldn’t give to live in your kitchen! :)

Sana — December 24, 2010 @ 5:59 am

You have truly outdone yourself this holiday season. Thank you for sharing all your sweets with us. Sometimes i feel like you bake just for us. Wishful thinking!

• Jessica — December 24th, 2010 @ 12:15 pm

Sometimes I do! ;)

Bailey Benoit — December 24, 2010 @ 6:13 am

I am getting to that point very soon…. I’ve been tidying up all day long… have not even started baking yet… happy holidays.

Caitlin — December 24, 2010 @ 7:32 am

Your kitchen looks WAY too much like mine.

That is not a good thing.

Justeen @ Blissful Baking — December 24, 2010 @ 8:41 am

ohh all those treats look soo good! i am totally not baked out yet – i’m really looking forward to baking up a storm tomorrow in preparation of christmas day!

Lauren at KeepItSweet — December 24, 2010 @ 12:20 pm

Merry Christmas!!!! Your cake balls look great:-)

Josane — December 24, 2010 @ 2:07 pm

I love your cake balls especially the crazy white chocolate splashes! I’d never made cake balls before, so last week I made chocolate cake balls with Kaluha Hazelnut.

• Jessica — December 24th, 2010 @ 2:26 pm

Those sound delicious!

Rachael — December 24, 2010 @ 5:40 pm

How did you decorate the splotches on the cake balls? and what did you use for the white part?

• Jessica — December 27th, 2010 @ 12:44 pm

I used Ghiradelli white chocolate, melted it, and just used a fork to splash it back and forth!

Kelly — December 24, 2010 @ 6:02 pm

Looks like quite the amazing spread. I made your cake batter bark for my dog walkers along with some truffles and it was delicious. I added some chopped up oreos into the mix and I’m sure they are going to love it. Thanks again for that winner of a recipe, I would have never thought of that on my own. Although I do confess I rounded up a bit on the cake mix (brought it up to 1 tablespoon) because I had white instead of yellow so it seemed to need a bit extra for flavor. Super, super yummy.

Lorena Dunn — December 25, 2010 @ 9:02 pm

• Jessica — December 27th, 2010 @ 12:36 pm

Those sound incredible!

Low — December 27, 2010 @ 3:36 am

Haha, I didn’t know you were ever DONE. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas Jess!

Maggie — December 28, 2010 @ 8:01 pm

Jessica – can you describe how you actually dipped the cake balls? I made some for a Christmas Party 2 weekends ago and while I had anticipated that it would be no biggie, but this step was very hard! How did you do it?!

• Jessica — December 28th, 2010 @ 9:23 pm

I actually use a fork. First, I make sure they are super cold – either straight from the fridge or the freezer. I use a double boiler to melt the chocolate, then dip each ball with a fork, kind of twirling it until its covered in chocolate. Then set on wax paper – when they are finished I put them all back in the fridge.

1. Pingback: Tweets that mention I’ve Had Enough. | How Sweet It Is -- Topsy.com