These were the top ten most viewed recipes on How Sweet It Is this year. Did you try any of them?
10. Savory Sweet Potato Skins

9. Fat, Fluffy Snickerdoodles

8. Hot Cocoa Cookies

7. Cake Batter Bark

6. S’mores Brownies

5. Peanut Butter & Jelly Bars

4. Mac & Cheese Cupcakes

3. Red Velvet Cookies – from scratch

2. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip

1. Better-Than-Crack Brownies

Thank you all so much for supporting How Sweet It Is throughout the entire year. I love you guys. Merry Christmas Eve!

56 Responses to “The Top 10 Recipes of 2010 – Picked By You!”

Heather (heathers dish) — December 24, 2010 @ 12:15 pm

These are all of my faves….no wonder they’re the top ones! :)

Lauren at KeepItSweet — December 24, 2010 @ 12:19 pm

i have a few of these on my list of things to make! LOVE the red velvet cookies, though

srithasan — December 24, 2010 @ 12:27 pm

How Sweets Different type of Cookies & Wonderful Cup Cakes Nice to Make & Lovely to Eat.

Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine — December 24, 2010 @ 12:28 pm

Ohhhhh I totally forgot about the hot chocolate cookies!! And the cookie dough dip!! And now I want to go bake even more, even though we’re out of pretty much everything…

Amanda — December 24, 2010 @ 12:49 pm

These are some fantastic recipes!!

Have a Merry Christmas girl!

Blessings-
    Amanda

Krystina (Basil & Wine) — December 24, 2010 @ 12:55 pm

Merry Christmas Eve, Jessica (and Mr. How Sweet)!

Chrissy — December 24, 2010 @ 1:12 pm

I made the hot cocoa cookies!

Rachel Wilkerson — December 24, 2010 @ 1:29 pm

This post reminded me how much I love your blog! Ridiculous recipes, gorgeous photos, and great writing. Have a delicious Christmas!!

• Jessica — December 24th, 2010 @ 2:27 pm

Thank you so much Rachel! Same to you.

Lisa @ Dishes of Mrs. Fish — December 24, 2010 @ 1:32 pm

I love posts like these! I’ve made those snickerdoodles, and love them. :) I wanted to make the cake batter bark, but had a melt down in the store,because I don’t have a smartphone, didn’t write down how much chocolate I needed, and my husband said I was being ridiculous. It’s okay, my friend has a birthday the day after Christmas…what says happy birthday better than cake batter bark?

Hannah — December 24, 2010 @ 1:48 pm

We’ve made the Better Than Crack Brownies several times… everyone that eats them has difficulty finding words to describe the deliciousness! :-) We even added them to our Christmas candy boxes. As always, I love, love, love your blog! Merry Christmas!

Averie (LoveVeggiesandYoga) — December 24, 2010 @ 1:50 pm

These are all KEEPERS! No havent tried them. But i am turning over some new leaves and plan to. As discussed :)

Just saw Jenna link you. I am so happy for YOU! Your milestones and accomplishments in 2010 are marvelous!!!!

Stephanie — December 24, 2010 @ 1:50 pm

Cake batter bark – check! Cookie dough dip – check! New pants since mine seem to have “shrunk” in the dryer – check! hahaha jk ;)

Merry Christmas to you girl, thanks for sharing so many fabulous recipes over the past year and for entertaining me on the reg with your fantastic blog!!!

Ellen@FirednFabulous — December 24, 2010 @ 1:55 pm

I was just catching up on your blog, showing Momma C around and we both were drooling the entire time! (It takes a lot to impress her in the kitchen, too!) One day, I’m going to make those S’mores brownies. One day.

Kelsey/TheNaptimeChef — December 24, 2010 @ 1:56 pm

Great round-up! Happy Holidays!

Alaina — December 24, 2010 @ 2:01 pm

Those snickerdoodles look just like the one’s I made! Nice and fluffy.

Looks like sweets are your specialty. ;-) (I’m still new to the blog)

Healthy chocoholic — December 24, 2010 @ 2:02 pm

Such yummy food!!!!!!!! All of the top 10 look delicious!

Alison (Fueling for Fitness) — December 24, 2010 @ 2:04 pm

Hi Jessica!

I have been reading for a while, but I don’t think I have commented too often. Just wanted to say how much I appreciate the work you’ve put into your blog. I love your posts, your writing style, and of course, your amazing photos of your delicious food. Sometimes I think I go into a sugar coma just looking at your pictures – and I like it. ;)

Happy holidays!
    Alison

• Jessica — December 24th, 2010 @ 2:26 pm

Thank you so much Alison! And thanks for reading!

Missy — December 24, 2010 @ 2:04 pm

I’ve made the “Crack brownies” as everyone calls them, but I messed up! For some reason I read it as having peanut butter chips – so mine had an added cup of peanut butter chips!! But they were devoured just the same ;)

• Jessica — December 24th, 2010 @ 2:26 pm

That still sounds amazing!

Kelly — December 24, 2010 @ 2:07 pm

I can totally vouch for the sweet potato skins! AMAZING! Merry Christmas to you girl!

Jil @ Big City, Lil Kitchen — December 24, 2010 @ 2:40 pm

Ahhh so good!

marla {family fresh cooking} — December 24, 2010 @ 2:40 pm

Jessica, what a great line up & awesome idea for a post!! I am happy that I have seen each of these as they were posted. Happy Holidays! XO

Allison — December 24, 2010 @ 2:55 pm

I made the better than crack brownies and my boyfriend has been asking for them ever since.

Tine — December 24, 2010 @ 3:01 pm

I have to make those brownies.
    They really look delicious!

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat — December 24, 2010 @ 3:25 pm

Merry Christmas to you too Jess!! I hope you and Mr. How Sweet have a very happy holiday! :)

Katie — December 24, 2010 @ 3:58 pm

Better than crack brownies?!?! Yes.

Rachel — December 24, 2010 @ 4:00 pm

WHOA somehow I totally missed the s’more brownies… those look amazing!!

vanillasugarblog — December 24, 2010 @ 4:31 pm

merry christmas to you as well!

Kristy — December 24, 2010 @ 4:40 pm

Yeah, your cake batter bark made my Naughty List of treats this year!!! So gonna make me some asap.

Shanna @ Shanna Like Banana — December 24, 2010 @ 4:42 pm

Yep, gotta love the cake batter bark!

Moni'sMeals — December 24, 2010 @ 4:46 pm

Will you cook for me! These are all so amazing and you really did a great job, so creative you are. :)

Merry Christmas!

• Jessica — December 27th, 2010 @ 12:44 pm

I’d love to!

MelissaNibbles — December 24, 2010 @ 5:46 pm

Thanks for bringing us such amazing creations all year long. Happy holidays to you and Mr. HowSweet!

Sarah R — December 24, 2010 @ 5:52 pm

The better than crack brownies really are better than crack–not that I would know what crack is like… anyway, my husband could not quit raving about them and his coworkers thought I was a genius.

Jenn L @ Peas & Crayons — December 24, 2010 @ 6:42 pm

The sweet potato skins are my absolute fav!

Natalia - a side of simple — December 24, 2010 @ 7:04 pm

Not gonna lie, Jessica. You’ve had a pretty deliciously sinful year. I’m happy to have been a part of it :) Merry Christmas!

Amber — December 24, 2010 @ 7:39 pm

Ahhhhhhhh….my cookie dough dip made the top ten! Yay!! The butter/brown sugar/vanilla mixture is cooling on my stove top as we speak!! Hope you have a VERY Merry Christmas!!!

My New Year’s Resolution is to make MORE of your recipes!!!! :)

carlee — December 24, 2010 @ 7:45 pm

I want to try the sweet potato skins!
    Merry Christmas! I enjoy your recipes so much!

Amy @ Serve At Once — December 24, 2010 @ 7:47 pm

Those brownies DO look better than crack!

Jessica, you are quite a woman. Your creations never fail to pleasantly surprise me.

I hope you and Mr. HowSweet have a wonderful Christmas!

girliefriend — December 25, 2010 @ 3:26 am

I don’t usually eat sweets, but I do love your blog, even though my teeth ache while I read it. I have, however, actually made the chocolate chip cookie dough dip as a gift and it was a huge hit. Thanks Jessica and Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Maren — December 25, 2010 @ 4:17 am

I’ve only made 2 out of the 10, but I haven’t been reading that long, so I guess I better get back in the kitchen to make the other 8!! :)

Justeen @ Blissful Baking — December 25, 2010 @ 7:23 am

looking at these pictures are giving me the urge to bake! those better than crack brownies and peanut butter jelly bars are calling to me. mmmm.
    merry christmas!

Cara — December 25, 2010 @ 9:33 am

I could never choose a favorite; all your creations are stellar!

Nat — December 25, 2010 @ 3:08 pm

Even the pictures on their own look delicious. Lucky we can’t smell them through the computer! :)

alison @ Ingredients, INc. — December 25, 2010 @ 5:22 pm

Awesome! I can’t wait to try these. Great idea!

Amy at TheSceneFromMe — December 27, 2010 @ 12:41 am

I have to agree with number 1 for sure. Those brownies are the best ones I’ve ever tasted and I’ve made them several times since I discovered your recipe. Thank you!

• Jessica — December 27th, 2010 @ 12:26 pm

So glad you like them!

Lindsay @ Pinch of Yum — December 27, 2010 @ 5:28 pm

I tried… or devoured… those Better than Crack Brownies. YUMMM.

Low — December 27, 2010 @ 6:00 pm

The cookie dough dip was a huge hit when I made it for Christmas this weekend. Love ALL these recipes and I hope to try them all eventually :)

Courtney — December 27, 2010 @ 7:21 pm

So far I’ve made the fat, fluffy snickerdoodles (so yummy!) and the cake batter chocolate bark. The only problem I have with the chocolate bark is that the chocolates you used are super expensive, so I used the cheap semi sweet and white chocolate chips option. Many of your other top recipes are in my favorites to try still. :)

Jenn AKA The Leftover Queen — December 28, 2010 @ 4:52 pm

What a great reminder of all the awesome recipes you have shared with us this year! Hope your new year is merry and bright!

1. Pingback: Most Popular Top Ten Recipes in 2010: Family Fresh Cooking Recipe Blog — Family Fresh Cooking

2. Pingback: Tweets that mention The Top 10 Recipes of 2010 | How Sweet It Is -- Topsy.com

3. Pingback: The Top 10 Delicious Dinner Ideas in 2010. | How Sweet It Is