Tonight I decided to (sort of) clean out the fridge, which is something I do about once a year month. I really need to do it more often. It is still somewhat filthy. I apologize.

But I did document the process. Take a peek inside!

[random condiments]

[salad dressing for salads I don't eat and cranberry juice for Mr. How Sweet's manly fruity drinks]

[pickles, yeast, olive oil mayo, homemade tomato cream sauce]

[peace of mind]

Now for our crisper drawers… aka where veggies go to die.

[lemons, limes, pomegranates, apples]

[spinach + miscellaneous veggies]

[kale for kale chips]

[pizza supplies. we have homemade pizza once a week]

[leftover chili and BACON]

[egggggs. say it like that]

[bread, sandwich thins, english muffins]

[leftover pot roast that looks disgusting but tastes like heaven, leftover general tsos chicken, sad leftover pasta]

[sauce in a jar (Mr. How Sweet doesn't know the difference between homemade and what's on sale), chicken stock, basil, cheese, homemade blue cheese sauce, hummus]

[my favorite tortillas]

[chicken I bought at Trader Joe's that I didn't eat. I still hate deli meat.]

[milk and parsley]

[lean ground beef that is currently on the stovetop being transformed into tacos]

[depressed leftover Annie's mac and cheese]

[frosting so old that I don't even remember what it is and am afraid to taste it but can't throw it away]

[buttermilk and eggnog]

[enough cheese to feed a small country]

I also found turkey leftover from Thanksgiving, hard-as-a-rock cream cheese, moldy enchilada sauce, and three-week old shriveled, roasted potatoes. But I decided to spare you those pictures.

If it appears that something is missing, you are right. Mr. How Sweet has five pounds of ground turkey and two pounds of chicken downstairs in the beer fridge. And I have ten pounds of butter. Gotta store it somewhere.

Stay tuned for what’s in our freezer tomorrow!

Now tell me – what’s in your fridge?

52 Responses to “What’s In Our Fridge Right Now.”

Lauren at KeepItSweet — December 21, 2010 @ 12:43 am

our refrigerators are almost interchangeable! not sure if that is a good or bad thing lol

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) — December 21, 2010 @ 12:45 am

Good grief that is enough cheese to kill me. Please tell menyou two eat leftovers. I love them, but so many people won’t eat them. We have a ton of roasted pulled pork in the fridge, enough egg nog for an army, homemade apple sauce, apples, cabbage and almond milk…along with random condiments oh and a friend game me homemade kimchi!

• Jessica — December 21st, 2010 @ 12:48 am

OH we eat a TON of leftovers! That is basically all Mr. How Sweet eats. He loves leftovers!

Blog is the New Black — December 21, 2010 @ 12:46 am

HAha, I don’t keep much in the fridge- dressings, milk, wine, seltzers… fruit and veggies… butter and eggs… and any leftovers or defrosting chicken!

Courtney @ Sweet Tooth, Sweet Life — December 21, 2010 @ 12:47 am

Oh my gosh, is the Firefly Sweet Tea vodka not fantastic??? My husband and I were introduced to it a few months ago and, well…that stuff is dangerous!! :-0

• Jessica — December 21st, 2010 @ 12:51 am

That is Mr. How Sweet’s drug of choice. He loves it.

VeggieGirl — December 21, 2010 @ 12:51 am

Love the stash!

My fridge is filled with my staple goods, as well as some Diet Coke and snacks for Suave Slav ;)

Annie — December 21, 2010 @ 12:53 am

I am in love with all the cheese!! Oh it looked like heaven. We have some milk, cranberry juice, orange juice, lots of veggies, lots of cheese, condiments, and some of the cake batter bark I made last week. I’m also pretty sure there is a bottle of wine in there from our wedding a year and a half ago that neither one of us cares to drink.

• Jessica — December 21st, 2010 @ 12:54 am

Our wedding cake is still in my parents’ freezer… 2 years later.

Arlene @ Adventures in Weight Loss — December 21, 2010 @ 1:03 am

Right now, I have a big bowlful of Oreo Balls in my fridge, along with assorted breads, hummus, Greek yogurt, salad dressings and moldering veggies.

I think I probably need to give my fridge a good clean-out, too.

Jenn | the kitchen dish — December 21, 2010 @ 1:05 am

I love the peek into your fridge! My freezer is completely overflowing right now. I tried to put the Christmas cookies I baked a week ago in there so I wouldn’t eat them before Christmas. Yeah right, that didn’t stop me! I found out how delicious some of them are straight out of the freezer!

Healthy chocoholic — December 21, 2010 @ 1:08 am

We have a lot of leftovers at the moment. Usually we cook during the week and at some point have a “must go” night where we clean out the fridge.

Rachel — December 21, 2010 @ 1:10 am

“egggggs. say it like that” I made hubs read that line – he laughed and then I said… that’s why I love these people. You crack me up. Your fridge is definitely more entertaining than ours – unless it’s one of those random times I clean out any expired food. Those clean outs are scary.

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey — December 21, 2010 @ 1:25 am

My fridge isn’t quite that full. I’m pretty minimalist when it comes to the fridge. I won’t buy a lot of stuff unless it’s empty! However, you can always find the following:

lunch meat, cheese, milk, almond milk, orange juice, coffee, creamer, jelly/jam, peanut butter, hummus, veggies, fruits, some sort of leftovers.

Katie @ Up Fit Creek — December 21, 2010 @ 1:33 am

Our fridge looks a lot like yours: leftovers, fruits & veggies, milk, yogurt, cheese, more cheese, pizza toppings (we do pizza once a week, too) and all kinds of condiments. We’re trying to keep it pretty sparse right now because we’re hosting Christmas and will need a lot of fridge space for the festive food.

Cara Craves... — December 21, 2010 @ 1:43 am

My oh my, your fridge houses a lot of food!
    I have been working hard at using up all my frozen leftovers
    from the freezer, mostly so that I can put new ones in there

Tiffany @ Conor & Bella — December 21, 2010 @ 1:43 am

Is that shredded gruyere?? Want.

I have lots of things in my fridge, but nothing usually goes bad. We’re really good with eating our food in a timely manner…

My favorite things in the fridge, however, are the 3 kinds of chocolate and 2 kinds of cookies. Of course.

• Jessica — December 21st, 2010 @ 1:51 am

Yes – from Trader Joe’s!

Maren — December 21, 2010 @ 1:50 am

it’s missing desserts!!!!! We have leftover chocolate covered oreo balls (courtesy of my sister who may be more obsessed with you than I am…. the peppermint balls are gone, dangit), lots of beer, greek yogurt, diet coke, spinach, hummus, egg whites, wine, tjs pb, and every condiment ever made. Oh and I guess there’s some fruit and veggies in there, but we hide those in the drawers.

Megan — December 21, 2010 @ 1:51 am

Beer, Juice, Milk and Water… and a huge bag of carrots…

not going grocery shopping this week… hehehe

Return the TJ Chix… no questions asked (I love TJ!) :)

Averie (LoveVeggiesandYoga) — December 21, 2010 @ 1:54 am

youre a posting machine today!

leftover general tsos chicken = didnt know that could be made ahead and reheated…good thinking. if youre gonna stink up the house may as well do it all at once :)

there is no dairy or meat in my fridge. only veggies, fruits, and condiments. and chocolate or desserts that need to be refrig’ed. I take up the entire fridge with produce, not kidding!

Megan — December 21, 2010 @ 1:56 am

See Maren’s post – we are sisters and roomies!!

Lisa @ Dishes of Mrs. Fish — December 21, 2010 @ 1:56 am

Milk
    2 boxes of unsalted butter
    2 cartons of eggs
    Sweet Tea

You know baking things.

Oh, leftover pasta.

Lot’s of hot sauce. My husband has a problem…..

Betty Jo — December 21, 2010 @ 2:12 am

I’m so jealous that you have Laughing Cow Light Blue Cheese. That’s the only flavor I can’t find where I live – the stores carry all the other flavors. :(

Shanna @ Shanna Like Banana — December 21, 2010 @ 2:14 am

Those tortilllas rock my world. The Tortilla Factory sent me some and I think it’s the best foodie item I’ve received!

I hate deli meat too btw

Victoria (District Chocoholic) — December 21, 2010 @ 2:23 am

Uhhhhh…piles of vegetables. Fat free yogurt. Skinless chicken breasts.

Cookie dough bark, cake truffles, mango ganache, and salty cherry chocolate shortbread.

Balanced.

• Stacy — December 21st, 2010 @ 3:12 am

Salty cherry chocolate shortbread?!? Please tell me you have a recipe to share for that!!!

Imwaytoobusy — December 21, 2010 @ 2:55 am

Oh, I see you are a Laughing Cow hoarder like me. I HATE running out so I always have mass quantities of it.

My refrigerator staples:
    Cheese, cheese, and more cheese
    Vanilla Greek Yogurt
    Lunch meat (Yeah, I went there ;)
    Ground Turkey Meat
    Conserves
    Almond Butter…

I will stop the list there.

Low — December 21, 2010 @ 3:02 am

My fridge is so pathetic. I’m like a bachelor. Ugh, it’s bad.

Stacy — December 21, 2010 @ 3:07 am

What a fun post! Right now my fridge is a little random…

I have 9 dozen homemade tamales – a parent at my school took orders and brought them to us piping hot when school got out on Friday
    a baggie of carrots, celery and cucumbers for the snails I had to bring home from my classroom lest they freeze/starve to death over the winter break
    milk
    orange juice
    beer
    black beans, rice and pulled pork
    there was pizza dough – but that became dinner earlier this evening
    a spaghetti squash
    grapes
    pears
    romaine
    cheese (not as much as you…sigh)
    condiments
    potato soup
    a container of something that I’m not sure what it is nor do I remember making it

Have a great evening!

Kelly Michelle — December 21, 2010 @ 3:26 am

haha I have fridge organization OCD, am obsessed with vegetables and don’t eat meat or dairy so my fridge is basically the exact opposite of what yours looks like

Jess — December 21, 2010 @ 3:52 am

What DON’T we have in our fridge, haha?! We have condiments, salad, LOTS of cheese/deli meat, yogurt, milk, eggs, butta…

Vanessa — December 21, 2010 @ 3:57 am

I can totally relate to this whole situation right now. The fridge is a disaster and has anything and everything in it. At least you have a hubby. Try tackling it solo!!

Alaina — December 21, 2010 @ 4:09 am

I noticed you have Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ sauce! That’s my husbands favorite. :-)

Right now we have an obscene amount of hard cider, beer, and sodas in our fridge from the bachelor party on Saturday. I went grocery shopping today so there’s some food amongst that.

Jenn L @ Peas & Crayons — December 21, 2010 @ 5:21 am

Gigantic piles of veggies. too many… i dont know what on earth i’m going to make!

Jessica — December 21, 2010 @ 6:47 am

Oooh this is so fun! Hummus, la tortilla factory wraps, corn tortillas, yogurt, cheese, soy & almond milk, medjool dates, bread/english muffins, salsa, veggies and goddess dressing (etc, etc, etc) are almost always stocked in my mama’s fridge!–just some of the necessities!
    What’s your fave wrap combo? I’m sick of usual la tortilla meals…help a girl out :)

Jessica — December 21, 2010 @ 6:48 am

Oops! I meant to post that last comment w/ this name:)

Blond Duck — December 21, 2010 @ 11:27 am

I got your cheese drawer topped!

I’d love to make homemade pizza….yum.

naomi(onefitfoodie) — December 21, 2010 @ 11:32 am

hahaha this whole post made me laught “where veggies go to die” and “enough cheese to feed a small country” hahahha

I HATE deli meat too! I even get the all natural no sodium kind and have just stopped getting it all together because I just hate the taste and slimyness and everthing about it!

The only kind I will get is sliced REAL turkey from whole foods that is a legit a real turkey, they just slice it thin–its roasted in house and very tasty!

barefootgirl27 — December 21, 2010 @ 1:21 pm

I’m in love with your cheese drawer (s)!!!

Chrissy — December 21, 2010 @ 1:41 pm

I bought some La Tortilla Factory tortillas because you always rave about them. I was surprised they were so tasty! Usually healthy tortillas taste like soggy cardboard. I was really pleased with them!

Paige Colson — December 21, 2010 @ 2:46 pm

This makes me feel so much better because I often feel that I am the only person whose fridge houses things for way past the time they are supposed to be there. :)

Stina — December 21, 2010 @ 3:28 pm

My fridge is super empty right now since I’m leaving on vacation for a week.

My cheese drawer usually looks exactly like yours. Also, I wanted to suggest if you haven’t tried to Trader Joe’s Smoked Shredded Cheese Blend you need to do it right now. It’s AWESOME on homemade pizza.

Shawna — December 21, 2010 @ 5:09 pm

Im not sure what’s actually in my fridge…but I DO know that I bought seven different kinds of cheese at the store yesterday.

i think i have a problem….a delicious one.

Lindsey @ Sunshine and Jellybeans — December 21, 2010 @ 10:09 pm

Ohhhh…I just cleaned out my fridge too. Just the leftovers though, not the expired condiments…I didn’t have enough energy for that. I threw out a tupperware container of:
    -pasta salad
    -jambalya
    -spaghetti sauce
    -spaghetti noodles
    Plus a bunch of rotten veggies.
    I feel bad wasting food :( but I can’t help cooking for an army! And I blame my boyfriend who always says he is going to eat leftovers, but never does.
    Lol – felt good to get that all off my chest ;)

Shawn @ I Wash...You Dry — December 21, 2010 @ 10:35 pm

Second of all, what are your plans for all those Poms? Yummy!

Alexa — December 21, 2010 @ 10:42 pm

If you have any bacon you need to put to good use, which I’m sure you probably won’t, I saw these and thought of you: (scroll all the way to the bottom):

Marisol Perry — December 22, 2010 @ 2:11 am

First of all, I am extremely jealous to see all the space in your fridge! Since we are living on the road with The Man I am forced to a fridge no bigger than my oldest child. (and she’s only 6). I’m afraid I could get a snap shot of my whole fridge in one…maybe two shots. Second of all, what are your plans for all those Poms? Yummy!

Wei-Wei — December 22, 2010 @ 8:01 am

I have no idea what’s in our fridge. Leftovers, and sauces, and pickled things. I think my mother knows. Or does she???

Gerry Peal — April 25, 2013 @ 4:48 pm

Condiments are sometimes added prior to serving, for example a sandwich made with ketchup or mustard. Some condiments are used during cooking to add flavor or texture to the food; barbecue sauce, teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, marmite are examples.;,

Remember to look over our favorite blog page
    <a href="http://www.caramoanpackage.com