That is the question.

I have a serious problem, and it consists of never cleaning the kitchen. Ever. It drives Mr. How Sweet mad. He tried to teach me to “clean as I go,” but I’m a lost cause. I basically use every utensil we own, every bowl and plate, don’t clean up one thing and fully trash the place until it is beyond help.

I also like to let sticky, gooey substances set on dishes until the only way to remove the disgustingness is to soak it for 104 hours.

I can’t show you more pictures in detail because then you will never want to come over and visit, if the chance presents itself. You also will probably immediately call the executive producer at Hoarders.

So I just simply sit around and get myself into things like this.

And wonder why I’m so unorganized and who in the world will be cleaning up my messes.

In other news, it’s a winter wonderland.

Maybe Santa’s elves will come help me clean.

30 Responses to “When Will My Kitchen Learn To Clean Itself?”

Victoria (District Chocoholic) — December 6, 2010 @ 10:52 pm

Maybe Santa has a frosting finisher and dishwasher for you this year.

• Jessica — December 6th, 2010 @ 10:55 pm

I can only wish…

Bethany @ More Fruit Please — December 6, 2010 @ 10:58 pm

Can you send the elves over to my place once they’re finished with your kitchen?

Liz @ Blog is the New Black — December 6, 2010 @ 11:02 pm

I’m a mess in the kitchen as well. But it goes quicker!

Leah @ Why Deprive? — December 6, 2010 @ 11:03 pm

I hate breakfast with my fingers this morning because I didnt wash a single dish this weekend and was out of clean forks. :)

Heather (Heather's Dish) — December 6, 2010 @ 11:12 pm

nate always tells me to clean as i go…no hope for that though!

Jenn L @ Peas & Crayons — December 6, 2010 @ 11:22 pm

Ohthankgoodness, I’m the same way =) my husband is scared of my messes… but probably not as scared of them as I am!!!

ps: i might bake tonight — you’d be proud ;)

xoXOxo

Jessica (Fit and Clean) — December 6, 2010 @ 11:24 pm

I clean as I go and I’m not sure that it’s the best way to get the job done. Just FYI!

Healthy Chocoholic — December 6, 2010 @ 11:35 pm

No one even enters the kitchen while I’m cooking. I’ve got pots and pans all over the counters, I’m muttering to myself so that I don’t forget any ingredients, and just basically trash the place. I do have to clean up, though, because no one else will clean after me….

Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine — December 6, 2010 @ 11:37 pm

I wish you could see my sink right now. Just know that you’re not alone.

Melissa (MelissaLikesToEat) — December 7, 2010 @ 12:32 am

I would clean if you’d cook for me!

Jess@atasteofconfidence — December 7, 2010 @ 12:35 am

I always tell my parents I’ll cook/bake if they’ll clean! I hate it.

CaSaundra — December 7, 2010 @ 12:39 am

I know what you mean–cleaning elves are my Christmas list as well!!

Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun — December 7, 2010 @ 12:53 am

The kitchen is basically the one place I can keep up with cleaning. Everywhere else in the house though? You don’t want to see.

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg — December 7, 2010 @ 1:02 am

Ohhhh, beautiful tree!!

When you find that self-cleaning kitchen, send one over here to Altoona, mmmmkay?

Cheryl — December 7, 2010 @ 1:30 am

Maybe you could ask Mr. Sweet for a housekeeper for Christmas!!

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey — December 7, 2010 @ 1:46 am

My kitchen is always crazy messy when I am cooking, but I hate clutter and messes. I die a little inside whenever the Husband leaves a dish in the sink.

Jihane (Sinful Sundays) — December 7, 2010 @ 1:53 am

LOL! Maybe you guys could do a “You Cook, I Clean” kinda thing?…

Mary @ Bites and Bliss — December 7, 2010 @ 1:53 am

Self cleaning kitchen..now THERE’S a good idea!

Alaina — December 7, 2010 @ 5:22 am

That would definitely be my husband. I always clean up as I’m going. I can’t stand a dirty kitchen. :-)

Wei-Wei — December 7, 2010 @ 7:59 am

I’d be your elf if you pay me in that cake batter bark. And bacon. And doughnuts. I think the word would be “food”.

Kelly — December 7, 2010 @ 11:53 am

You and I have the same cleaning gene!

MelissaNibbles — December 7, 2010 @ 1:40 pm

I like to clean as I go. I’m not into cleaning, but a messy kitchen annoys me like nothing else. Maybe Santa will bring you a housekeeper!

AllieNic @Frisky Lemon — December 7, 2010 @ 3:06 pm

My kitchen looks the same…I usually have to do dishes for like 10 minutes BEFORE I can even start baking something…and I end up making more dishes than were in the sink in the first place…my BF is always amazed at the amount of dishes I make…the other day he commented that I needed a “kitchen crew” to follow me around and clean up after me….

• Jessica — December 7th, 2010 @ 3:16 pm

I do the exact same thing!

Kristy — December 7, 2010 @ 8:29 pm

You are hilarious. I’m so ocd about keeping my kitchen clean as I go that it annoys me. I wish I could just relax a little more like you!

Kat — December 7, 2010 @ 9:30 pm

I think for Christmas you should ask Santa for a cleaning lady. That could be even better than an elf bc they’re still here after Christmas is over!

Stina — December 8, 2010 @ 7:28 pm

If you find a way to get your kitchen to clean itself, please let me know how you did it! I am the exact same way! I’m pretty sure my boyfriend is convinced I’m disgusting. He’s actually come to my house (when I’m not home!) and washed my dishes on more than one occassion. You’d think I’d get the hint by now.

Amber @ Lucky Lees To Be — December 9, 2010 @ 5:02 am

Oh goodness, this is me. I think we were split at birth…hmmmm…lol…I have stacked cups, stacked bowls, and I ALWAYS forget to rinse things out, so mine have to soak for the 104 hours as well, usually multiple times. I go through everything in my kitchen before I actually put anything in the dishwasher. I also clean things individually when I’ve run out and absolutely need it. Ugh…I’m absolutely worthless when it comes to cleaning dishes. *** shhhh…don’t tell anyone, but I currently have dishes underneath my kitchen sink because someone came over today, and I didn’t want them to see the disaster I had. I know, gross, just admitting this motivates me to go clean them***Off to clean…

1. Pingback: Tweets that mention When Will My Kitchen Learn To Clean Itself? | How Sweet It Is -- Topsy.com