Okay, so maybe I led you on.

This pasta doesn’t have that many veggies.

It still has too many for me though.

But how can I resist when it is so simple and quick? Preheating my oven is what took the longest!

It’s easy, it’s versatile, and you can make it your own. Add chicken or steak or shrimp or even… more vegetables. But I might cry a little.

It actually took me less than 20 minutes to make. A perfect lunch or dinner when you’re in a pinch! Make it.

20-Minute Roasted Tomato Pasta

serves 4+

2 pints grape tomatoes

1 cup mushrooms, chopped

1/2 sweet onion, chopped

1 clove garlic, minced

1 6-ounce bag of spinach

4 tablespoons olive oil

1 pound whole wheat pasta

1/3 cup asiago cheese

Preheat oven to 450.

Lay tomatoes on a baking sheet, drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and make sure each tomato gets oiled. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and roast for 20 minutes until tomatoes begin to burst.

After the tomatoes go into the oven, heat a skillet over medium heat and add remaining olive oil. Add onions and mushrooms and saute until soft, about 5-6 minutes. Bring you water for the pasta to a boil and cook pasta according to directions.

Add garlic and spinach to the skillet, sauteing until garlic is wilted. Once tomatoes are done, add to veggie mixture. Drain cooked pasta and add it after the tomatoes. Sprinkle with asiago cheese and stir – the tomatoes and olive oil should create their own “sauce.” You can also drizzle with more olive lil and add chicken or shrimp.

Coming up next: Super Bowl recipes that will cause you to spend 600 hours on the treadmill. Fun!

86 Responses to “20-Minute Roasted Tomato Pasta.”

Nicole @ Making Good Choices — January 29, 2011 @ 2:09 pm

I think that this has a perfect amount of veggies… (coming from someone that loves them…) I can never find that pasta, but then again I don’t ever try different food stores.

Erika @ FoodFitnessFun — January 29, 2011 @ 2:11 pm

Veggies or no veggies, this dish looks delicious! I love the addition of the asiago cheese. CHEESE! <3

Amanda (Eating Up) — January 29, 2011 @ 2:12 pm

I lovvve roasted tomatoes. They are so flavorful!

Evan Thomas — January 29, 2011 @ 2:14 pm

Yum! I love roasted tmato; they add such an earthy flavor

Mrs. Jen B — January 29, 2011 @ 2:15 pm

Love this! This is my favorite type of pasta – tomato+mushroom+spinach is probably my favorite combination. And roasted tomatoes = yum!

Alicia — January 29, 2011 @ 2:16 pm

Love this. There’s nothing better than roasted cherry tomatoes. I know what I’m making for dinner for my family tomorrow. Thanks lady!

Vicky @ Recipe Adaptors — January 29, 2011 @ 2:24 pm

For a minute I thought I was on the wrong site as there was no bacon, peanut butter or chocolate, but then I saw the cheese and I knew I was OK….

But that is a LOT of tomatoes!

Candace — January 29, 2011 @ 2:32 pm

I am absolutely addicted to roasted tomatoes. This pasta looks delicious. If my tomatoes would last long enough to actually make it into dinner instead of just into my mouth as a snack, I’d be all set. :)

Thank you for sharing the recipe! Candace

Erica — January 29, 2011 @ 2:37 pm

mmm. I want to eat the roasted tomatoes alone. Great dish

Angela@RecipesFromMyMom — January 29, 2011 @ 2:45 pm

I agree with Erica and could eat the roasted tomatoes all by themselves. What a great pasta recipe. So easy to add whatever veggie you have in the fridge too.

Jen @ keepitsimplefoods — January 29, 2011 @ 2:45 pm

This looks delicious! I LOVE quick and easy pastas like this. Roasted tomatoes are so yummy.

Maria — January 29, 2011 @ 2:46 pm

This pasta looks perfect!

Lisa@ Dishes of Mrs. Fish — January 29, 2011 @ 2:49 pm

I love corkscrew pasta! Now, if only I loved tomatoes as much. :)

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey — January 29, 2011 @ 2:52 pm

This is my kind of pasta! I’m still trying to figure out a way to get you to move in with me.

rebecca lustig — January 29, 2011 @ 3:04 pm

i love the texture and warmth from roasted tomatoes.. havent enjoyed in a while though, thanks for sharing :)

Kristen@PrettySweet — January 29, 2011 @ 3:11 pm

Mmm…roasted tomatoes! Looks delicious. Definitely need to try this on a busy day. With chicken…and maybe even bacon. =)

Diana @ frontyardfoodie — January 29, 2011 @ 3:11 pm

Veggies are seriously my favorite thing and tomatoes are high up in the veggie ranks. This looks SO good! Hey, a little cheese pepperoni couldn’t hurt it either!

marla {family fresh cooking} — January 29, 2011 @ 3:26 pm

Love this colorful pasta recipe today Jessica!

Jeanette — January 29, 2011 @ 3:27 pm

I love roasted tomatoes. Terrific easy and healthy recipe!

Heather — January 29, 2011 @ 3:33 pm

Yum! I love roasted tomatoes! This looks delicious! I bet it would be great with some roasted zucchini added in! ;)

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — January 29, 2011 @ 3:36 pm

It’s very pretty, I’ll give you that. But it’s got too many veggies for me too, specifically the tomatoes ha. But my hubs would probably love this! I’ve made a bunch of dishes with mushrooms and spinach that were given the thumbs up. Will have to keep this in mind to make sometime.

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg — January 29, 2011 @ 3:36 pm

You and I are on the same wavelength– I just roasted some cherry tomatoes for our appetizer tonight!

Gen — January 29, 2011 @ 3:49 pm

Mmmmmmm I love tomatoes! This looks amazing!

Shari — January 29, 2011 @ 3:49 pm

This will be perfect for dinner tonight! Thanks :)

BrightBakes — January 29, 2011 @ 4:19 pm

sorry to be a party pooper but this is JUST what I’m craving…VEG!
    cathy b.

Marly — January 29, 2011 @ 4:25 pm

Looks so yummy!

Chicago Cuisine Critique — January 29, 2011 @ 4:31 pm

Looks great!

Jess — January 29, 2011 @ 4:35 pm

i love quick pasta dishes. the roasted tomatoes look brilliant, you should add a little balsamic vinegar to them when you roast them.
    oh and i was really inspired by kath this week and made a quick brie mac and cheese. yum.

Lauren at KeepItSweet — January 29, 2011 @ 4:52 pm

I love the flavor of roasted tomatoes, so good. Can’t wait for some calorie-laden superbowl recipes:-)

Lisa @Thrive Style — January 29, 2011 @ 5:01 pm

It looks delicious and very pretty too! I would definitely eat that (and probably add extra veg too!).

Dee in DE — January 29, 2011 @ 5:06 pm

This looks amazing. My family loves pasta salad, and this would be a hit in my house. Thanks for sharing.

Natalia - a side of simple — January 29, 2011 @ 5:13 pm

I don’t know how you did it, but you make roasted tomatoes look pretty sexy… ;)

Aimee Shugarman — January 29, 2011 @ 5:16 pm

Yum! That looks great. Although, admittedly, my husband wouldn’t eat it unless there was a big piece of meat in it or next to it. But, looks like a good side dish. Actually I bet chicken would go well in it! Thanks for the great recipe!

Erin @ The Grass Skirt — January 29, 2011 @ 6:00 pm

This looks amazing. I want to pick up the tomatoes and throw them all in my mouth at once! I am totally going to try this. My Italian Nana will be impressed. ;)

Lindsay — January 29, 2011 @ 6:00 pm

I’m SO going to make this tonight, minus the mushrooms. Thanks for sharing your fabulous recipes!

Stephanie — January 29, 2011 @ 6:06 pm

LOVE roasted tomatoes (roasted anything really) I’ll be making this recipe for sure!

Tracy — January 29, 2011 @ 6:12 pm

Looks delicious, quick, and easy – three of my favorite things! ;-)

Joanne — January 29, 2011 @ 6:37 pm

I love this less-than-20 minutes business. And yeah, you know. The veggies are OKAY I guess. :P

Liz @ Tip Top Shape — January 29, 2011 @ 7:08 pm

Ooh, this looks absolutely delicious. And only 20 minutes?! You’re like a better Rachel Ray! lol

Moni'sMeals — January 29, 2011 @ 7:28 pm

really nice and fresh. Looks perfect to me. :)

Katie@Cozydelicious — January 29, 2011 @ 7:36 pm

This looks fantastic! I might leave out the mushrooms though, because much as I love them, my husband doesn’t… I love teh idea of roasting the tomato, because winter tomatoes usually need a little help!

Cheryl Stoy — January 29, 2011 @ 7:39 pm

This looks great…and just so you’ll feel better…tomatoes are a fruit. So you just subtracted one more “veggie” from the dish.

Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction — January 29, 2011 @ 7:57 pm

I love roasted tomatoes… Yum!

Heather — January 29, 2011 @ 8:06 pm

oh yikes. yes, too many veggies. but the short turnaround is pretty much what sold me ;)

Catherine — January 29, 2011 @ 8:34 pm

I love a quick meal where you can pack in the veggies! I just discovered your blog and am blown away by all the great recipes on offer here. I’m trying to cut down on the pasta, but this is so tempting!
    - Catherine at The Spring

Dishes of Mrs. Fish — January 29, 2011 @ 8:57 pm

Now if I only I liked tomatoes!
    But I do love corkscrew pasta!

A Tablespoon of Liz — January 29, 2011 @ 10:17 pm

This looks really good, and simple to make!

Mary (What's Cookin' with Mary) — January 29, 2011 @ 10:45 pm

YUM. I love how roasted tomatoes have that sweet carmalized taste to them. Really adds a lot of color and flava to any dish -M

Abby — January 29, 2011 @ 11:21 pm

I’m really excited about these super bowl recipes. Good thing I have a 14-miler on my schedule next week!

Melissa (MelissaLikesToEat) — January 29, 2011 @ 11:33 pm

Fabulous! I actually like veggies (the horror!) so this pasta looks especially delicious!
    I’m looking forward to spending 600 hours on the treadmill….sometimes it’s worth it. :)

1. Pingback: Tweets that mention 20 Minute Roasted Tomato Pasta | How Sweet It Is -- Topsy.com

2. Pingback: TRADITIONAL August 2011 OAMM Menu by Once a Month Mom | OAMC from Once A Month Mom

3. Pingback: Menu Plan Monday-The Last Week of Summer Vacation | All My Loose Ends

4. Pingback: Last Day of Funner–AND the menu plan | All My Loose Ends

5. Pingback: The Slightly Belated Menu Plan. | All My Loose Ends

6. Pingback: Happy Birthday Girl AND the Menu Plan | All My Loose Ends

7. Pingback: Box Contents & Recipes: KW / Cambridge, Guelph and Surrounding Area ā€“ December 17, 2013 | Organics Live

8. Pingback: Box Contents & Recipes: Toronto ā€“ December 17, 2013 | Organics Live