While I was covered in chocolate from head to toe this morning, I couldn’t help but think of the long list of people I’d love to create a meal with.

And drink wine with.

I thought it would be fun to share!

Bobby Flay. I don’t think there is a meal this man makes that I wouldn’t want to devour. But if I’m being honest, the real reason I need to spend some quality time with this guy is because I need all the grilling help I can get.

Sabrina from RhodeyGirl Tests. I once told Sabrina that she reminded me of my grandma, and while that seems like the insult of all insults, I assured her that it was possibly the best compliment I could ever give anyone. She is the most elegant blogger I know and I would love to learn some of her entertaining tips first hand. Her gracefulness reminds me of Ina Garten, who coincidentally is my next pick.

Ina Garten. Perhaps my number on choice, I often dream of what it would be like to end up at a dinner party at Ina’s house. She is simplistic, classy and just seems like such a lady. I’m fascinated with her background and the fact that she is completely self-taught. I’ve also adopted her rule when it comes to entertaining: never cook while the guests are there.

Dawn from Vanilla Sugar. Just when I think that I can’t be surprised by another recipe, Dawn combines chocolate with Cheez-It’s and vanilla beans with pork. It’s like she lives inside my head and drags out every foodie fantasy I’ve ever encountered. I would love to hang out in her kitchen. Actually… I’d just like to sit at her kitchen table while she feeds me.

Michael Chiarello. His recipes always inspire me and most importantly, challenge me. I love that he seems to be a family man and had a passion for culinary arts at such a young age. I’m all for people following their dreams!

Julia Child. You know I hate to be predictable. But the fact is that spending time in the kitchen with a legend who was so passionate and carefree about food sounds like a dream come true.

Heather from SprinkleBakes. I don’t think a recipe goes unbookmarked when it comes to Heather’s blog. She makes intricate, beautiful and delicious food seem effortless. And she could teach me a lot about food photography and styling. But I’d probably be too busy eating her creations.

So that’s that. There are a million more, but I tend to be indecisive and gave you my top seven. Now the real question is, would I still have to do the dishes??

Who would you love to be in the kitchen with? Who is your number one pick?

Oh and about that chocolate? It’s coming soon.

84 Responses to “7 People I’d Love To Be In The Kitchen With.”

Sana — January 10, 2011 @ 8:30 pm

You. That is all.

brandi — January 10, 2011 @ 8:31 pm

yes, Ina! She is my favorite, hands down. Great list :)

We love Bobby Flay, too.

Alaina — January 10, 2011 @ 8:34 pm

I would love to cook with Anthony Bourdain. He seems like a fantastic chef and I absolutely love his show. :-)

Julie @ Peanut Butter Fingers — January 10, 2011 @ 8:36 pm

paula deen. she seems like a hoot! plus with that southern palate and affinity for butter, anything she makes is sure to be divine!

Lauren — January 10, 2011 @ 8:37 pm

I am a big, big fan of Bobby Flay! So I think it would be a dream come true to cook with him. Along with Anne Burrell, because I just adore her, and Paula Deen because she’s so fun and crazy.

Cat @ YoungHungryFoolish — January 10, 2011 @ 8:37 pm

I completely agree with Ina and Julia! I would also add Nigella Lawson.

• Jessica — January 10th, 2011 @ 8:38 pm

Oh I adore Nigella too!

Stephanie — January 10, 2011 @ 8:38 pm

I’d love to be back in the kitchen with my great-grandma again! Those were the days. :)

I wouldn’t turn down an offer to cook with you though either! ;)

allison @ thesundayflog — January 10, 2011 @ 8:39 pm

i love this list. great people! i would honestly love to be in the kitchen with you!! (and i think ive told you that before). i just adore your photos and the creativity and ease with which you come up with your recipes. i think id like to be in the kitchen with bobby flay, pioneer woman, and ina. i couldnt stand being with giada or sandra lee, though. i would want to throw pies at them :)

• Jessica — January 10th, 2011 @ 8:44 pm

Aw I love Giada!
      But I think Mr. How Sweet would get too excited if she and her low-cut shirts were in our kitchen.

Chicago Cuisine Critique — January 10, 2011 @ 8:41 pm

My answer is probably Rachael Ray as predictable as that answer may also be. If we lived closer we would have to cook together because there are far too many of your recipes i’m drooling over. :)

• Jessica — January 10th, 2011 @ 8:43 pm

Not predictable! I love Rachael Ray.

Genevieve — January 10, 2011 @ 8:41 pm

Jaques Pepin. Or MIckey Rourke from 9 & 1/2 weeks. ;o)

• Dana — January 12th, 2011 @ 5:35 pm

Oh HECK YEAH Mickey Rourke circa 9 1/2 weeks… yummmmmmm!

Cathy B. @ Bright Bakes — January 10, 2011 @ 8:46 pm

First off, my Mom. Simply because she is a domestic goddess. Next, I would have to say, Deb, from Smitten Kitchen…because her acute attention to detail is just up my alley! (and our taste in foods runs down the same line) And thirdly…Jenna, from Eat, Live, Run..because she can always make me laugh. And she’s been to pastry school!
    love,
    cathy b. @ brightbakes

Bethany @ More Fruit Please — January 10, 2011 @ 8:46 pm

I love this post! I’d like to be in the kitchen with Paula Deen to make a brunch – I couldn’t even imagine how many sticks of butter we’d go through! And then I would want to just watch Ina Garten prepare for a dinner party. We would probably talk about Jeffrey and flower arrangements.

• Jessica — January 10th, 2011 @ 8:57 pm

LOL! That last line? Yeah, that’s pretty much my dream.

Jil @ Big City, Lil Kitchen — January 10, 2011 @ 8:47 pm

Loooove Ina! So much – she cooks like my grandmother did.

She's on the Run — January 10, 2011 @ 8:49 pm

I’d love to get in the kitchen with Sandra Lee. I know she’s pretty controversial in the food world, but she seems soooo nice on TV! That and ever day ends with a cocktail…what can be bad about that!?

• Jessica — January 10th, 2011 @ 8:57 pm

I think Sandra Lee is great. The majority of people don’t have the time to make a full meal from scratch every night and I think she offers wonderful ideas.

Bethany @Bridezilla Bakes — January 10, 2011 @ 8:50 pm

I had no idea that Ina was self-taught! She seems so professional… but also really home-y at the same time. I agree. I’d love to share a meal (and meal preparation) with her!

• Jessica — January 10th, 2011 @ 8:56 pm

I know… so comforting.

Amber — January 10, 2011 @ 8:53 pm

As much as I like to bake, this might sound crazy…..but I would L-O-V-E to be in the kitchen with Emeril Lagasse!!!!!! Even though I’m from Tennessee, I grew up eating foods that had alot of Cajun influence!!! Everything he cooks looks DELISH & he seems like such a character!!

• Jessica — January 10th, 2011 @ 8:56 pm

I love Emeril! I don’t think I’ve ever told the story, but his show is what got me obsessed with cooking. :)

• Amber — January 10th, 2011 @ 9:17 pm

Oh forgot one…Pat & Gina Neely!!! Love me some Memphis BBQ! hahaha

RhodeyGirl — January 10, 2011 @ 8:56 pm

Aww thank you so much! I’d love to cook with you too!!!! I bet we could learn a lot from each other.. I need to learn how to make your delicious sweets AND how you don’t eat them all in one sitting!

Ida — January 10, 2011 @ 9:04 pm

Michael Chiarello is the best! I ate at his place in Napa and loved it. His recipes are great, and come out tasting just like the food at his restaurant.

Jenn L @ Peas & Crayons — January 10, 2011 @ 9:05 pm

I’d loooove to have a dinner party and cook with Ina! ohmygosh!

Lola (Sweet Lola Run) — January 10, 2011 @ 9:05 pm

Tosca Reno or Jamie Eason.. They are so creative with the staples for clean-eating!

Healthy chocoholic — January 10, 2011 @ 9:08 pm

Great list!
    I’d love to hang out in Giada’s kitchen, or maybe Paula Deen….=D

Lauren at KeepItSweet — January 10, 2011 @ 9:10 pm

I’d also love to spend a meal (or even just time) with Ina! She is amazing and watching her on TV is so calming vs. some other cooking shows. I also feel like I learn so much each time.

Sarena (The Non Dairy Queen) — January 10, 2011 @ 9:19 pm

Good choices! I always like to hear stuff like this. I think it gives you some great insight as to what the person is like. Jamie Oliver is the top of my list. His food is just so organic and I love the ease in which he cooks.

Teri [a foodie stays fit] — January 10, 2011 @ 9:25 pm

how had i never heard of vanilla sugar?? Gorgeous blog!

I would love to cook with bloggers that I know I’d laugh with, so you’d be on that list for sure!

I’d also love to cook with Bobby Flay, Alton Brown and Jose Garces.

Kayla — January 10, 2011 @ 9:32 pm

Here’s my short list:
    –Ina Garten
    –Claire Robinson
    –Alton Brown
    –Nigella Lawson
    –You!

AJ — January 10, 2011 @ 9:57 pm

Julia Child (duh)
    Alton Brown
    Paula Deen
    Christy from “Southern Plate” http://www.southernplate.com/
    Pioneer Woman

Holly — January 10, 2011 @ 10:12 pm

This one’s easy- Y-O-U! No lie. I would love to see how you come up with all of your recipes. You know how much I love them- I think seeing the creation of these masterpieces would be so much fun :) And you always crack me up, so I know it would be a good time!

Mary @ Bites and Bliss — January 10, 2011 @ 10:13 pm

I would LOVE to be in the kitchen with Julia Child, too..although I don’t think she’d be a fan of my cooking. She just seems fun, though. :P

Shanna, like Banana — January 10, 2011 @ 10:15 pm

Curtis Stone..cuz he’s sort of sexy ;)

MelissaNibbles — January 10, 2011 @ 10:29 pm

I would only want to be in the kitchen with Top Chef’s Fabio. Naked.

vanillasugarblog — January 10, 2011 @ 10:33 pm

you are just fabulous for my ego you know that? lets work on getting Flay over here in the kitchen. I’m anxious to work with him too. you know marc from ‘no recipes’ did a tv show/segment with him…..it was fabulous.
    and yeah, i would love to have Ina over. she is too warm and cozy, i’d marry her. my all time fav is Emeril…he just rocks my world and taught me how to kick EVERYTHING up a notch.
    thank you again darling…. xoxoxoxo

Rachel @ The Avid Appetite — January 10, 2011 @ 10:56 pm

Ina all the way! Aside from her, I’d say my Grandma Mary who created her own recipes (and wrote them on scraps of paper and napkins), who I never had the chance to meet. I guess I inherited something from her though since I refuse to follow any recipe line by line! :)

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) — January 10, 2011 @ 11:03 pm

Ina Garten. Perhaps my number one choice = ME TOO!!!

I used to stalk her tv shows, google her, learn everything i could about her and Jeffrey, about their past. There is also the jewish connection so I could even get Scott interested in watching the two of them, too.

That woman is just the best cook ever. Class act beyond all.

For different reasons, I’d also love to have a drink with Paula Deen

And a meal by Thomas Keller, i.e. French Laundry, in Napa. Would need to save up. His meals for two are usually around a grand I think. Or nearly :)

Naomi(onefitfoodie) — January 10, 2011 @ 11:21 pm

honestly? Probably you so you can teach me your baking ways!!

Also probably this chef at a local restaurant in my town called “Sweet basil” everything that comes out of that kitchen is magical!

If we’re talking famous then probably Giada…as much as she annoys me, I love her fresh, simple recipes!

Lisa @ Thrive Style — January 10, 2011 @ 11:31 pm

Ha! I love your list. I would definitely put some of them on my list, at least Bobby Flay.
    I think my #1 would be Ming Tsai. I miss watching him!

Ashley — January 10, 2011 @ 11:41 pm

Giada is definitely my #1! I love love love her and she seems so sweet and down to earth!

Natalie @ While I Breathe — January 10, 2011 @ 11:45 pm

I like Robin Miller the one who has/had the quick fix meals show on food network…. but i do love rachael ray’s new show with her week of meals in 1 day….

And of course I want to spend a day in the kitchen with the awesome author of this blog!!!! whenever you need a second set of hands you let me know!!!

Lauren — January 10, 2011 @ 11:49 pm

Nigella Lawson…she’s so whimsical. Maybe it’s the accent? Just make sure if you ever end up with Ina…you use “really” good vanilla. She’d skin you alive if you used anything less!

Katie — January 10, 2011 @ 11:55 pm

I want to cook with giada de laurentiis – anyone who can look that hot and make fantastically appealing food is intriguing to me.

Heather (Heather's Dish) — January 11, 2011 @ 12:02 am

most DEFINITELY ina…i love her! let’s see…i would love to have spent more time in the kitchen with my papa, and of course pioneer woman. i would die.

Liz @ Tip Top Shape — January 11, 2011 @ 12:06 am

This is such a fun post!!!! Well, if you have ever visited my blog you will find that I have a HUGE Giada obsession. One time she responded to a tweet of mine- I called my mother immediately. Therefore, she would be my pick of people to have in the kitchen with me!! Your picks are pretty good, though. Julia Child, of course. And B-Flay is smokin’.

girliefriend — January 11, 2011 @ 12:08 am

I have some different choices, maybe cuz I don’t get The Food Network. In my fantasy world, my Grandma. I remember watching her cook when I was little and learned a lot of basics from her, but we lost her before I was old enough to know what I would be missing. In the blog world, Kristin, over at iowagirleats, or her mom. Everything they make always looks totally delicious and they seem so warm and homey and family oriented, which is very far from my reality. As for personalities, Tina Nordström, Rachel Allen, Lidia Bastianich, Daisy Martinez, Sara Moulton or Joanne Weir. They just seem to cook more in the ‘peasant’ style which appeals to me.

Not that I wouldn’t love to watch you cook, cuz I know you’d crack me up, but I’m afraid I’d gain twenty pounds in just a few hours in your kitchen.

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey — January 11, 2011 @ 1:20 am

You. For real – I think that we would die laughing if we were to meet each other.

Abby — January 11, 2011 @ 1:39 am

I’d choose you… because we’d talk forever. And truth is we’d probably not get too much cooking done. But I’ll settle for a breakfast meeting on…say, Saturday?

I think Mama Pea would be fun too!

Hannah — January 11, 2011 @ 2:59 am

I love that you blended bloggers with established food writers in this list! And now I have some new blogs to check out myself… thanks!

Sara — January 11, 2011 @ 3:30 am

Totally with you on the Ina Garten pick!

Alison — January 11, 2011 @ 5:14 am

Love the blog! I have so many recipes of yours that I want to make! Do you have any recipes for quiona?

Thanks!

• Jessica — January 11th, 2011 @ 1:41 pm

I have a quinoa recipes under my side dishes but I am actually posting a quinoa recipe tomorrow!

becky — January 11, 2011 @ 6:01 am

I love Bobby Flay and Tyler Florence. For their mad cooking skills but I think what makes me really love them even more is their personalities. They seem like such decent and kind human beings. :)

Kristin — January 11, 2011 @ 11:29 am

I made your Crunchy Honey Chicken for dinner last night it was so delicious and easy! I never knew the cornstarch vs. flour trick. All the girls at work were asking for the recipe too, thank you!! I would DEFINITELY want to cook with Guy Fieri he seems like so much fun (and I miiight have a little crush on him). :)

Cailin @ Stir Crazy — January 11, 2011 @ 11:43 am

Ahh, yes… Ina would be my #1 as well! I’d love to hang out with her all day in her Hamptons backyard cooking and eating with her!

1. Pingback: Worth Reading | More Fruit Please