While I was covered in chocolate from head to toe this morning, I couldn’t help but think of the long list of people I’d love to create a meal with.

And drink wine with.

I thought it would be fun to share!

Bobby Flay. I don’t think there is a meal this man makes that I wouldn’t want to devour. But if I’m being honest, the real reason I need to spend some quality time with this guy is because I need all the grilling help I can get.

Sabrina from RhodeyGirl Tests. I once told Sabrina that she reminded me of my grandma, and while that seems like the insult of all insults, I assured her that it was possibly the best compliment I could ever give anyone. She is the most elegant blogger I know and I would love to learn some of her entertaining tips first hand. Her gracefulness reminds me of Ina Garten, who coincidentally is my next pick.

Ina Garten. Perhaps my number on choice, I often dream of what it would be like to end up at a dinner party at Ina’s house. She is simplistic, classy and just seems like such a lady. I’m fascinated with her background and the fact that she is completely self-taught. I’ve also adopted her rule when it comes to entertaining: never cook while the guests are there.

Dawn from Vanilla Sugar. Just when I think that I can’t be surprised by another recipe, Dawn combines chocolate with Cheez-It’s and vanilla beans with pork. It’s like she lives inside my head and drags out every foodie fantasy I’ve ever encountered. I would love to hang out in her kitchen. Actually… I’d just like to sit at her kitchen table while she feeds me.

Michael Chiarello. His recipes always inspire me and most importantly, challenge me. I love that he seems to be a family man and had a passion for culinary arts at such a young age. I’m all for people following their dreams!

Julia Child. You know I hate to be predictable. But the fact is that spending time in the kitchen with a legend who was so passionate and carefree about food sounds like a dream come true.

Heather from SprinkleBakes. I don’t think a recipe goes unbookmarked when it comes to Heather’s blog. She makes intricate, beautiful and delicious food seem effortless. And she could teach me a lot about food photography and styling. But I’d probably be too busy eating her creations.

So that’s that. There are a million more, but I tend to be indecisive and gave you my top seven. Now the real question is, would I still have to do the dishes??

Who would you love to be in the kitchen with? Who is your number one pick?

Oh and about that chocolate? It’s coming soon.

84 Responses to “7 People I’d Love To Be In The Kitchen With.”

Kristy — January 11, 2011 @ 12:40 pm

It’s funny when you say “not a recipe goes unbookmarked” – thats me on you :-)

Kat @ Living Like the Kings — January 11, 2011 @ 12:46 pm

*cough* you missed someone *cough* aka me. Duh. Although maybe not. Because I’m annoying. And I talk a lot. And I sit on counters.

Kim in MD — January 11, 2011 @ 12:59 pm

What a fun post! You really made me think this morning (and all I wanted to do was make Chocolate Silk pancakes)! ;-)

Here is my top seven list-

Ina Garten- I own all seven of her cookbooks and have been a fan since I saw the first episode of Barefoot Contessa. Her recipes are amazing, and I love everything about her entertaining style. I follow her advice when giving parties, too! I daydream about being invited to a dinner party in her new barn. A girl can dream, right?

Anne Burrell (She is wild, but I love her show. I can’t stand that she says “crap” all the time in reference to food, but her recipes are amazing!)
    Bobby Flay
    Giada DeLaurentis
    Tyler Florence
    The Pioneer Woman
    Mrs. How Sweet It Is
    Melanie (from Mel’s Kitchen Cafe)

Thanks for this thought provoking post! :-)

Randi Lynne — January 11, 2011 @ 2:05 pm

I have learned a lot about cooking from Stacey Snacks because she’s the first food blog I stumbled across that started my food blog addiction. I would love to cook with her! :) Also, Ree from PW Cooks, Elise from Simply Recipes and Deb from Smitten Kitchen are some of my favs.

Kacy — January 11, 2011 @ 2:16 pm

Totally you! I wouldn’t help cook that much though, I’d mostly just help eat :)

Erin — January 11, 2011 @ 5:26 pm

You because I think we would probably be friends afterward.
    The Pioneer Woman because I secretly pray that we will discover that we are long lost second cousins and we will cook southern food the way my grandma does.

Debbie — January 11, 2011 @ 5:50 pm

In no particular order:
    You – Because your ability to create recipes jives with my taste buds and your sense of humor jives with my funny bone.
    Alton Brown – For his nerdy goodness.
    Bakerella – For her creativity.
    Ming Tsai – Because he has the ability to inspire you to cook with ingredients you’ve never even heard of. (Although I didn’t like the cocky attitude he had on The Next Iron Chef.)
    Curtis Stone – Because of the accent. And the eye candy.

Kristen — January 11, 2011 @ 7:05 pm

I think YOU would be a great time! You babble just like I do. It would be great; we could share a bowl of cookie dough then go do some HIIT. I have made or drawn inspiration from a bunch of your recipes. I would also like you to know that I made my boyfriend you’re lobster mac and cheese for his last birthday and then he asked if we could move in together… thanks! Haha

Penny — January 11, 2011 @ 7:48 pm

Pioneer Woman.
    But only if we could cook in her giant kitchen with the cowboys in their chaps roaming around. :-)

Mr. How Sweet It Is — January 11, 2011 @ 9:04 pm

#1 Giada

Regarding picks #2-#7, Mr. How Sweet is good with just Giada.

Balanced Healthy Life — January 11, 2011 @ 9:07 pm

Michael Chiarello hands down! I love his style of cooking and love how he uses only fresh ingredients and herbs from his own garden. I am addicted to his website Napa Style, they have SO many cool kitchen tools and items!

CaSaundra — January 12, 2011 @ 12:21 pm

Love your list! I would love to be in the kitchen with Giada–she is the epitome of Italian cooking!

Rachel Wilkerson — January 12, 2011 @ 2:00 pm

I sincerely hope I make the “7 People I’d Love to Be Drinking Tequila With” list.

Rach — January 12, 2011 @ 2:48 pm

I’d love to be in the kitchen with my grandmother again.

And Rachael Ray and Paula Dean and Hungry Girl… :D

Amanda L. (Tales From A Kitchen Misfit) — January 12, 2011 @ 5:58 pm

I would like to live in Ina Garten’s house. In a non-creepy way.

Same goes with the Pioneer Woman

Ang — January 12, 2011 @ 7:54 pm

This is a fun idea! Here is my list:

Ina- She just makes some damn good recipes. Though she is so quiet and her voice is so calm she creeps my husband out! lol
    Emeril- I’ve been watching his shows since Food Network began! I love the show he recently did on Planet Green where he cooked healthy stuff with people inside an actual Whole Foods.
    Nigella- She makes food seem so sensual somehow. Plus her accent is awesome!
    You- I love your recipes! Also, I think you’d be one of the few people who would appreciate my chocolate bacon cupcakes.
    Rachael Ray- I like having dinner ready in 30 minutes, what can I say.
    Jamie Oliver- He makes me want to eat more veg and I need all the encouragement I can get.
    Justin Wilson (the cajun cook)- My mom used to watch his show when I was a kid and he would pour half a bottle of wine in everything and it really cracked me up.

Jess@atasteofconfidence — January 13, 2011 @ 12:42 am

I love Bobby Flay! But I’d have to be realistic and say Julia Child, too- she’s just such a classic!

Susan — January 13, 2011 @ 2:47 pm

I loved your list…Ina is one of my favorites…and also Tyler Florence…so cute and makes GREAT dishes! [ps. I looked at Heather from SprinkleBakes' blog and on each recipe page she has a place to click to print the recipe...it is printer friendly...would LOVE to see you add that to your blog! I still like your blog better! : ) ]

• Jessica — January 13th, 2011 @ 2:49 pm

I am in the process of trying to do that. It’s a bit more complicated as I’m trying to do it with my own server and not on googlesites like most blogs do!

Heather — January 25, 2011 @ 10:23 pm

Jessica, my hubby just sent me this… he reads your blog (it’s all the bacon in your dishes -he is a fan!) – it brought a tear to my eye! I would be *thrilled* to create a dish with you. Maybe someday that can happen – warning: I’m messy!

xxoo