It’s come to the point where if I see Ke$ha’s face pop up on my iPod screen or hear “Like a G6″ one more time, I may purposely nosedive off my treadmill. I can go months listening to the same playlist, but when I’m done, I’m done.

After asking for your suggestions, I compiled a new pop-friendly playlist. Remember… I’m a slave to the Top 40. And sometimes when Michael Buble or Kenny Loggins comes on during a workout, I don’t turn them off. Many of these are songs that I loved over the last few years but banned from my playlist after hearing them eight million times.

I even managed to avoid some of the Waylon Jennings and Jamey Johnson music that Mr. How Sweet sneakily loaded onto my iPod. Thank goodness, because I really don’t need my ears bleeding mid-workout.

What songs would you add?

44 Responses to “A 2011 Workout Playlist.”

Liz @ Blog is the New Black — January 4, 2011 @ 8:42 pm

Thanks for the great suggestions!!! Can’t wait to download!

Laura (Blogging Over Thyme) — January 4, 2011 @ 8:43 pm

Yes! Always looking for new and improved playlists. I can’t stand it when I get sick of songs but don’t have any more choices. I definitely over play one too many songs at the gym.

Heather (Heather's Dish) — January 4, 2011 @ 8:46 pm

i’m in love with the time (dirty bit) right now…i know you already have that on there, but i say double up on that one!

Beth @ Beth's Journey to Thin — January 4, 2011 @ 8:48 pm

Thanks for this post! I’m always looking for new songs to add to my list.

Jenn L @ Peas & Crayons — January 4, 2011 @ 8:49 pm

please don’t nosedive off your treadmill!!!! This is a great playlist =)

Erika @ FoodFitnessFun — January 4, 2011 @ 8:52 pm

Great suggestions! One of my all-time favorite cardio workout songs is “Lose Yourself” by Eminem. The song is inspiring AND fast-paced! :-)

Stephanie — January 4, 2011 @ 8:53 pm

I REEEEAAALLLY needed this. I’ve been rather uninspired on the deadmill lately due to my old playlist. This should definitely help!

Jessica — January 4, 2011 @ 8:55 pm

I love this!!!!!!!! Huge JJ fan! :P

Kristen — January 4, 2011 @ 9:10 pm

Anything that makes you think of getting ready to go out with your girlfriends back in college is good to have! I usually try to slip a few in there – they keep me motivated and make me forget about my run/the fact that I am now “a slave to the man” for a few minutes and think about the memories (fuzzy as they may be) that I associate with the song.

PS – Does this mean you’re going back to posting workout tips/info!?!? I still use some of the workouts you posted forever ago :-)

• Jessica — January 4th, 2011 @ 11:13 pm

Hahah that is a perfect way to describe workout music! :)

Eliana — January 4, 2011 @ 9:14 pm

Nice list! You just reminded me that I have to add a lil more spice to mine.

Tamara — January 4, 2011 @ 9:28 pm

We just bought a treadmill and now I’m super excited to have a fresh new play list to download. Thanks for helping a girl out!

Deanna (PRetty in Pittsburgh) — January 4, 2011 @ 9:30 pm

Good list! Pimping my own post on this subject matter: http://deannaferrari.com/2010/11/29/songs-to-run-to-part-ii/

Just skip over Like a G6 ;)

• Jessica — January 4th, 2011 @ 11:13 pm

Yesss…. thank you! :)

Jessica @ Domestic Goddess-in-Training — January 4, 2011 @ 9:40 pm

Thank You, Thank You! I was just thinking to myself that I needed some new songs on my playlist tonight for my first trip on the treadmill in 2011!!

Healthy chocoholic — January 4, 2011 @ 10:11 pm

Awesome playlist! Thanks for posting it!

MelissaNibbles — January 4, 2011 @ 10:39 pm

I love Bjork!

Averie (LoveVeggiesandYoga) — January 4, 2011 @ 11:57 pm

Omg girl we could swap ipods! Love your list! About a month ago I posted a recent playlist of mine. For me, the more raunchy, the better when it comes to playlists for working out. Something about the raunch factor just gets me going and I work out harder. haha! :)

Low — January 5, 2011 @ 12:51 am

I’m the same way, I go so long without touching it and then it’s like the world will end if I don’t change the songs.

Ashley — January 5, 2011 @ 12:54 am

I’m proud/embarassed to say that my work out playlist has a lot of Britney Spears…I run like the wind to “Toxic”.

• Jessica — January 5th, 2011 @ 1:06 am

Toxic is probably my favorite workout song of all time!

Salah@myhealthiestlife — January 5, 2011 @ 1:05 am

That looks like such a great playlist!!! I love running to anything upbeat like Pitbull, Daddy yankee, or Britney Spears and N’Sync :-) lol

Naomi(onefitfoodie) — January 5, 2011 @ 2:12 am

LOVE IT!

“whos that chick” david guetta and rihanna
    “tonight im loving you’ enrique iglesias
    “cry for you” september
    “Bad boy” Cascada

Cecilia @ I [heart] me — January 5, 2011 @ 2:17 am

I’m going to steal a few songs off yours!
    Songs I suggest are:
    * “Animal” by Neon Trees
    * “1983″ by Neon Trees
    * “Shake It” by Metro Station
    * “Misery Business” by Paramore

Alaina — January 5, 2011 @ 5:29 am

I love listening to the mash-up songs of Linkin Park and Jay Z. Also anything from Kevin Rudolf. :-)

WenDee Riffe — January 5, 2011 @ 1:11 pm

what about firework by katy perry~~love it and her message!!!!

Amy at TheSceneFromMe — January 5, 2011 @ 1:35 pm

I would add “California Gurls” by Katy Perry featuring Snoop Dog! Such a fun song!

Carrie — January 5, 2011 @ 3:41 pm

I’m loving Linkin Park right now. Catalyst and Bleed It Out get my body pumping!

Christa — January 5, 2011 @ 4:30 pm

“Firework” by Katy Perry
    “Smash in to you” Beyonce ( i like to run to slower songs that speed up partway through so the same applies to “Call your Name” by Daughtry)
    “Get Like Me” DJ Khalid and Chris Brown
    And I know your feelings on country music, but I promise it isn’t all bad…Jason Aldean is the MAN! Try anything from his new CD “My Kinda Party”

christine — January 5, 2011 @ 5:19 pm

Don’t Stop Me Now by Queen is one of my favorites!!! anyone who can hear this song and not want to move is not alive.

Cynthia — January 5, 2011 @ 8:19 pm

I love Lady Gaga – Just Dance is a favorite. Her music is great to work out to.

• Jessica — January 5th, 2011 @ 8:48 pm

Love her too! She took up most of my last playlist. So good.

• Olivia — March 4th, 2012 @ 3:14 am

She kinda’ creeps me out- but whatever helps you workout is fine by me! :)

Lindsay — January 6, 2011 @ 5:22 am

Here’s a workout playlist I created last year. Some are gettin’ old, but I still like it every now and then:
    Single Ladies, Beyonce
    Tell Me Baby, Red Hot Chili Peppers (great for jogging)
    Change Clothes, Jay-Z
    Float On, Modest Mouse
    Touch the Sky, Kanye
    Can I get A, Jay-Z
    Dani California, Red Hot Chili Peppers
    Staple it Together, Jack Johnson
    Yellow, Coldplay

There’s really no rhyme or reason for the mix! And one song that I love working out to is Trampled Underfoot, Led Zep…of course! For some reason, it just gets me going. :)

• dani — August 20th, 2011 @ 10:32 am

ahaha my names dani! but its short for danielle.. :P

Maggie — January 10, 2011 @ 1:17 am

Lots of great tunes here – just downloaded a bunch for my marathon next week!

Ashley — January 15, 2011 @ 5:57 pm

I am training for my first 14k and needed some new songs for inspiration. Thanks for this post.
    Here are my current favorites:
    We R Who We R – Ke$ha
    Mr Wendal – Arrested Development
    Misery – Maroon 5
    Dynamite – Taio Cruz
    DJ Got US Fallin in Love – Usher
    Pablo Picasso – Citizen Cope
    Dance the Night Away – Van Halen
    Only Girl – Rihanna

Horia — May 24, 2011 @ 3:21 pm

I’ll add some of those to my website.
    Make it “live” if you like it? And I think you will, it’s only about workout music. :D
    Thanks.

Workout playlists — June 29, 2011 @ 9:01 am

Tried brain entrainment for your workout music? Harder to get sick of…

Michelle — July 14, 2011 @ 11:32 pm

Thanks for the great list. There’s nothing better to get you motivated through a workout than a new playlist.

ann — January 25, 2012 @ 9:29 am

Not to be an idiot, but how can I download this playlist – can’t find it in imix, can’t seem to figure it out from the itunes website…HELP!!

Olivia — March 4, 2012 @ 3:12 am

My favorites are: (For 2012)
    1. Maroon 5 (Hands All Over) album
    2. Domino- Jessie J
    3. What Makes You Beautiful- One Direction
    4. Brighter Than The Sun- Colbie Calliat
    5. Sexy and I Know It- LMFAO
    6. Glamorous- Fergie (oldie but a goodie)
    7. Foster The People (Torches) album
    8. What Doesn’t Kill You (Stronger)- Kelly Clarkson
    9. You Make Me Feel- Cobra Starship ft. Sabi
    10. Don’t Cha- Pussycat Dolls (oldie but a goodie)
    :) Hope this helped for a new playlist to kick off your workouts in 2012!!! :)

Roseann — August 30, 2013 @ 5:40 am

Hey would you mind sharing which blog platform you’re working with?
    I’m planning to start my own blog in the near future but I’m having a difficult time selecting between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and
    Drupal. The reason I ask is because your design seems
    different then most blogs and I’m looking for something completely unique.
    P.S Sorry for being off-topic but I had to ask!

1. Pingback: Tweets that mention A 2011 Workout Playlist. | How Sweet It Is -- Topsy.com