As I was prepping lunch today, I picked up the pepper mill to freshly grind some black pepper. And as soon as I turned it to grind, the top (bottom?) fell off and landed in a heap on the counter, then rolled onto the floor creating a big pile of peppercorns.

Then it rolled some more. And I ended up with peppercorns everywhere. Then I stepped all over them. And I kicked them. And I crushed them. Then I cried. Then I sneezed. A lot.

I shall forever have peppercorns under my stove and fridge.

Then I vacuumed them up with the Dyson. In case you’re wondering, it grinds spices nicely.

37 Responses to “I’ve Always Wanted A Spice Grinder.”

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) — January 25, 2011 @ 7:46 pm

Omg girl I did something like this…with hot tea + sugar water that was the base for homemade kombucha. It exploded ALL over my countertops, into my drawers, and pretty much it took me 6 mos and i am kinda still finding random sugar-ey droplets of sweet tea in crevices.

At least peppercorns are black and solid!

But still majorly sucks! Just what you needed :)

Bethany @Bridezilla Bakes — January 25, 2011 @ 7:49 pm

Nooo! The rolling is what did you in…

Erika @ FoodFitnessFun — January 25, 2011 @ 7:51 pm

Hahaha! I love your humor – always brightens my day. Thanks. :-)

Heather (Heather's Dish) — January 25, 2011 @ 7:53 pm

so my MIL regifted peppercorns still on the vine…sounds pretty fancy, right? too bad you have to pull them all OFF the vine to even start to grind them! :)

Leah @ Why Deprive? — January 25, 2011 @ 7:57 pm

I hate messes like that. You’ll be finding peppercorns in weird places for weeks! Once, I dropped an entire glass canister full of coffee grinds. Lots of fun.

Estela @ Weekly Bite — January 25, 2011 @ 8:01 pm

Pepper makes me sneeze like crazy!!

Jess — January 25, 2011 @ 8:05 pm

Oh no!! kitchen oopsie :)

kelly — January 25, 2011 @ 8:08 pm

I did the same thing with an entire box of quinoa once! I am still sweeping it up and it’s been over 2 months lol :)

Tiffany @ Conor & Bella — January 25, 2011 @ 8:12 pm

Oh my goodness, I would just cry.

Katie — January 25, 2011 @ 8:30 pm

I do crap like that all the time. I once dropped my canister of ground coffee all over the floor. That wasn’t fun. I swept it under my stove. :)

BrightBakes — January 25, 2011 @ 9:19 pm

Achoo!! Why do things like this just hafta happen sometimes?
    love,
    cathy b.

mary (what's cookin' with mary) — January 25, 2011 @ 9:20 pm

lol!

you crack me up!! ’tis why vaccuums were invented :)

Liz @ Tip Top Shape — January 25, 2011 @ 9:25 pm

haha, that is quite unfortunate.

Gill (snaxandthecity) — January 25, 2011 @ 9:46 pm

welcome to my world of spilling random things in your kitchen :) lol

nico — January 25, 2011 @ 10:02 pm

that happened to me once! I was making a stew, and my crappy plastic pepper grinder broke into my stew! It was completely ruined :(

Jennifer — January 25, 2011 @ 10:11 pm

The day my pepper mill breaks is a day I will cry and cry, and go straight out a buy another one.

Gen — January 25, 2011 @ 10:14 pm

hahaha
    stuff like that happens to me all of the time! =D

Jessica @ Dairy Free Betty — January 25, 2011 @ 10:16 pm

oh no……… I did this once with Chia seeds, they were everywhere, when I tweeted about it, someone said to be careful because they can start to sprout in random places

… almost a year later, I still find chia seeds in the most random places! hehe

Christina — January 25, 2011 @ 10:21 pm

Ahh!! Messes like that in the kitchen make me go crazy! I’d go into a cleaning fit.

Elizabeth@The Sweet Life — January 25, 2011 @ 10:21 pm

FINALLY! A practical use for my vacuum cleaner!!

ashley@quasichick — January 25, 2011 @ 10:22 pm

I love that you took pics of it b4 cleaning it up! :)

Kristen@PrettySweet — January 25, 2011 @ 10:22 pm

Those Dysons are multipurpose tools! Ours makes popcorn. ;)

Maggie @ Vittles and Bits — January 25, 2011 @ 10:35 pm

Oh NO! Hahaha at least you can laugh about it! Who knew the Dyson had so may uses?

PS My worst kitchen mess occurred when I was making a marinade in a plastic ziploc, and while I was getting some spices out of the cabinet, the plastic bag tipped itself over and oil leaked EVERYWHERE. Including down a heat vent on the kitchen floor. Whoops!

Lisa@ Dishes of Mrs. Fish — January 25, 2011 @ 11:13 pm

Oh my goodness. I’m glad the Dyson took care of it for you. :)

Low — January 25, 2011 @ 11:54 pm

Oh I’m dying for a Dyson! Sorry about the spillage though. I did that with chocolate chips awhile back. And I cried because it was such a waste of good chocolate.

Alaina — January 26, 2011 @ 12:06 am

Oh no. I hate when that happens. Last week my husband opened the cabinet and didn’t realize that the couscous box was opened. Result: couscous ALL over the counter and inside the cabinet.

Hannah — January 26, 2011 @ 12:29 am

But maybe this will lead to some amazing new kitchen creation, accidentally! Like… white chocolate and butterscotch pepper fudge! Or caramel lime pepper toffees!

Naomi(onefitfoodie) — January 26, 2011 @ 2:20 am

i dropped 2 peppers the other day, and I am STILL finding seeds all over the floor!

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey — January 26, 2011 @ 2:36 am

You’re an egg droppin’, pepper grindin’ fool! :)

• Jessica — January 26th, 2011 @ 4:26 am

Hahaha you remember that!

Lee Ann L. — January 26, 2011 @ 2:46 am

Thanks for the laugh! :-)

Heather — January 26, 2011 @ 4:18 am

Haha! Love your twist of humor at the end! No use crying over spilled peppercorns, right?

Amy at TheSceneFromMe — January 26, 2011 @ 1:03 pm

Hahaha, I’ll remember to use my Dyson next time I spill spices!
    I love how you tell us of these negative kitchen things that happen to you too!

Kathleen @ Kat's Health Corner — January 26, 2011 @ 1:30 pm

Hehe, nice spice grinder! :) Love this!

Alisa Fleming — January 26, 2011 @ 6:36 pm

I hate that! Pepper makes me sneeze so badly.

My spice grinder is the most used appliance in my kitchen! They are so cheap too, like $15 for a good one – you must get one!

Sonya — January 27, 2011 @ 11:20 pm

I bought a cheap coffee grinder and it works PERFECT for grinding spices. :) we also have a pepper mill