I have a 20 minute dinner to share with you… but I just didn’t feel like it today. Honestly, it includes too many veggies for my liking and I didn’t feel like uploading pictures of tomatoes. Too many vegetables make me convulse. You know this.

So I wanted to share some love – the things I’ve bookmarked in the last week that will inevitably lead me to cook up a frenzy and have to buy new pants. It’s been too long since I’ve done this!

Heather just shared these brownie batter chocolate chip cookies. I think she’s trying to kill me.

Andrea made whole wheat sour cream pancakes. Yessss… whole wheat! I’ll take three short stacks please.

Caitlin talked about the glass being half full. Mine is usually half full… with wine.

Jenna’s carbonara for one is calling my name. I’ve wanted to make carbonara forever and this gives me the kick in the pants to do it.

[photo courtesy of Jenna]

But I may need to quadruple it since I have a hungry husband.

Some of my favorite bakers made a meyer lemon pound cake. Liking lemon for dessert is new to me, but I’m all over this. Except I’ll probably eat it for breakfast.

I’m really jealous of Rachel’s decorating skills, and I’m envious she doesn’t live with framed photos of WWF wrestlers on her walls.

Maria’s honey yogurt waffles sound sooo good. I don’t eat waffles nearly enough. I’m thinking about making a batch of these for next week. Obviously I’m currently obsessed with breakfast.

Dawn’s chocolate peanut butter bars with BBQ pretzels are making me swoon. Seriously? I want every combination she makes.

Gaby shared her tips for throwing the best kid’s birthday party ever. Um… kids? What about me? I want a party like this. Who cares if I’m pushing 30?

[photo courtesy of Gaby]

Hold on. I need to go throw up. And cry.

Megan made some margarita mac and cheese. Really? My favorite drink and my favorite meal combined? Give me bacon and I’ll die happy.

Jen shared banana cream cheese muffins. These would last approximately 3.4 seconds in this house.

Angie posted these chocolate crepes with raspberries, which are perfect for Valentine’s Day! Or you know… tomorrow morning.

Karly, my friend who loves bacon just as much as I do, made oreo-stuffed chocolate chip cookies.

And I can’t go without telling you that I made the cake batter pancakes again.

But I used whole wheat flour. I have a problem.

What is one recipe you are dying to make this weekend? Be on the lookout for the 20 minute dinner tomorrow! If you don’t like veggies, you don’t have to look either. I’m gonna cover my eyes while posting it.

108 Responses to “Things I’m Loving.”

Alyssa @ Life of bLyss — January 28, 2011 @ 4:21 pm

I’m making your cookie dough dip for a party tonight, and I’m SO excited about it! :)

• Jessica — January 28th, 2011 @ 4:57 pm

I hope it’s a hit!

Shanna @ Shanna Like Banana — January 28, 2011 @ 4:23 pm

I’m going to be making a variation of beer bread and also some hazelnut cookies..nom!

• Jessica — January 28th, 2011 @ 4:56 pm

Yum!

Kacy — January 28, 2011 @ 4:33 pm

I really want to make that carbonara. It probably won’t happen, but I still want to. And those pancakes.

Andrea @ CanYouStayForDinner.com — January 28, 2011 @ 4:34 pm

Bookmarking this list of deliciousness!! Thanks for the love, my dear!

Kristen — January 28, 2011 @ 4:36 pm

I love getting learning about new blogs! thanks for posting. I mixed up some cookie dough last night in anticipation of company arriving later today (and my Mom always said you have to have a fresh baked good waiting for your guests)… so I’m looking forward to those… and may or may not have already had about 5 cookies worth of dough… and another scoop for breakfast, Whoops!

• Jessica — January 28th, 2011 @ 4:56 pm

That’s what cookie dough is for!

Moni'sMeals — January 28, 2011 @ 5:01 pm

this was really great. Some new blogs I have not seen yet. :) All of you are SO talented, geesh!

Stephanie — January 28, 2011 @ 5:08 pm

I am all over those banana cream cheese muffins – I have an unhealthy obsession with cream cheese and lately have been mixing large spoonfuls into my oatmeal every morning – because that’s normal? These would definitely appease my cream cheese cravings!

Katie — January 28, 2011 @ 6:50 pm

Last night, i made a list of ingredients i need to make your cake batter pancakes. After work, I’m headed to the store to stock up so that when I wake up tomorrow morning, I can have cake for breakfast. Yes, I want cake. So badly.

Layne — January 28, 2011 @ 7:10 pm

I’ve been thinking about surprising my 5 and 3 yr old girls with the cake batter pancakes tomorrow. Seeing them again just confirmed it! I also have some bananas that need to be used up so maybe I’ll try the banana cream cheese muffins…thanks for posting! Can’t wait to see what you post this weekend!

Torrie @ a place to share... — January 28, 2011 @ 7:16 pm

Dyin’ to make this… http://www.theinklingnetwork.com/2011/01/mousey-diner-honey-spice-cookies.html … in fact, I’m going to, in about 10 minutes! (dough needs to chill for 2 days!)

And I might make this too… http://www.kitchenbelleicious.com/2011/01/whole-wheat-cinnamon-raisin-bread.html.

Have a wonderful weekend!

melissa — January 28, 2011 @ 7:23 pm

i baked the pancakes but mine turned out really thin-like – Dutch like actually… what did i do wrong? I’d like them too be more fluffly like yours? Should i add more flour, less milk or perhaps baking soda?

my Dutch friend who doesn’t really like pancakes ( i know, weird huh?) She loved them.

it might have helped that i stacked them up and spread a Nutella type spread in between each layer and then we piped whip cream on top.

that’ll do it for me this week end :)

• Jessica — January 28th, 2011 @ 7:30 pm

Did you actually “bake” the pancakes as opposed to using a skillet or griddle? If so, they need to be made on a griddle!

I doubt you did anything wrong, but all cake mixes differ in consistency. Did you measure out all of you liquids perfectly? If so, you may way to start with a little less milk next time and see how it goes!

Rachel @ The Avid Appetite — January 28, 2011 @ 7:36 pm

I am still no joke dreaming about those cake batter pancakes. There’s only one cure for that…must make them asap.

Nourhan @ Miss Anthropist's Kitchen — January 28, 2011 @ 7:43 pm

Love thesee :)

Maria — January 28, 2011 @ 8:44 pm

So many fun things! I am glad you like our honey yogurt waffles. Let me know if you try them!

Nichole @ Flirting with Food, Fitness & Fashion — January 28, 2011 @ 8:53 pm

All that food looks AMAZING!!!!

the country cook @ Delightful Country Cookin — January 28, 2011 @ 9:34 pm

I’m SO making Ree’s spaghetti and meatballs. And chocolate chip pancakes. And egg rolls (baked, not fried). And buffalo chicken paninis!

Jackie — January 28, 2011 @ 10:10 pm

I am making the cake batter pancakes for my husbands birthday Tomorrow!!

Gaby — January 28, 2011 @ 11:00 pm

First, there is absolutely nothing wrong with cooking up a frenzy and having to buy new pants – it happens to me all too frequently :)

And thanks for the shout out!! You rock! Happy Friday :)

Runeatrepeat — January 28, 2011 @ 11:38 pm

I must make those cake batter pancakes for Ben’s birthday. Or a random Saturday morning. Either way.

Jessica — January 29, 2011 @ 12:07 am

You should do more round-ups like these! I love to know what other people are reading/loving

lisa — January 29, 2011 @ 12:46 am

i have to work all weekend, so i won’t get to spend as much time in the kitchen as i’d like. But, I’m reallllly looking forward to making pizza this weekend, using PW’s recipe for the pizza dough. It’s amazing!

Lauren — January 29, 2011 @ 2:01 am

Totally agree about attending a party like this! I’m pushing 31 and with all the glittery things in my apartment, it looks like a kindergartner’s art project vomited in here. And you know what? It makes me all the more fabulous!

• Jessica — January 29th, 2011 @ 2:12 am

I think you are my soul mate!

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) — January 29, 2011 @ 2:01 am

i want it all.

and i love it when you link your fave posts. helps me get inside your head a little bit :)

Olivia — January 29, 2011 @ 2:19 am

Holy cow, I just love your blog! Your sense of humor is just contagious and I love every, single, one, of your recipes!!! Can’t wait to see your vege post tomorrow…I’m covering my eyes though:)

• Jessica — January 29th, 2011 @ 2:21 am

Thank you so much Olivia!

Kat @ Cupcake Kat — January 29, 2011 @ 4:02 am

Thank you for sharing all of these yummy recipes with us.
    I think using whole wheat is a perfectly legitimate reason that something is healthy :)

Imwaytoobusy — January 29, 2011 @ 4:19 am

Note to self: Do not drink water while reading Howsweeteats posts [Choking hazard].
    “I need to go throw up. And cry.”
    I just laughed so hard ;) just after taking a nice swig of water. You’re a riot.

Muriel — January 29, 2011 @ 8:01 am

K seriously it’s 1 o clock in the morning and I’m wishing I had one of each of these dishes in front of me right now! Wow, can u say fatty! Seriously can’t wait to try that carbonara for one and your cake batter pancakes! Yum!

Blond Duck — January 29, 2011 @ 11:34 am

I’m all about a party with glitter!

Ann — January 29, 2011 @ 1:02 pm

Very nice post. I just printed out the banana cream cheese muffins. Love those.

Amy at TheSceneFromMe — January 29, 2011 @ 1:11 pm

Ok. You just made my day!!! Now I will spend the next two hours perusing these blogs for the recipes you’ve mentioned.
    I need to go to the gym, but now you’ve got me grounded at my computer!

Heather — January 29, 2011 @ 2:00 pm

Wow, I can’t get over that peanut butter and bbq pretzel bar! Interesting combo! Not sure what I’ll get my hands into this weekend, but I know I have about 382 bookmarked recipes that I need to go through!

gramps — January 29, 2011 @ 2:03 pm

I have repeated requests to make more “Better than Crack Brownies” from PEOPLE AT THE GYM of all places
    Guess I’ll have to do that

Kathleen @ Kat's Health Corner — January 29, 2011 @ 5:37 pm

One recipe I have been craving to make is my Pumpkin Cranberry Nutty Cookies. The nuttiness from the nuts, the sweetness of the pumpkin — to die for! :)

Thanks for all of these links!!! You are my lifesaver!!!

Rebekah Vance — January 29, 2011 @ 6:30 pm

Thank you for posting all of these! I think I found at least 5 things I will be making! :)

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — January 30, 2011 @ 9:49 pm

Cake batter pancakes!!!!!!??? Are those for real!!!!

Dina — February 3, 2011 @ 5:30 pm

cake batter pancakes look yummy and fun!

1. Pingback: Tweets that mention Things I’m Loving. | How Sweet It Is -- Topsy.com

2. Pingback: 20 Minute Roasted Tomato Pasta | How Sweet It Is