Apparently it’s How Sweet nacho week!
Not really.

This would be a delightful thing, if I wasn’t the one constantly shoveling said nachos in my mouth. I think I’ve learned my nacho lesson.
But first, I must share these with you. We love crispy roasted potatoes. Like… love them. When I roast a panful, we eat them all. Not a crumb remains. Naturally, when I topped them with every ingredient in my fridge, they tasted even better. Especially since I can classify these as healthy because they have beans (fiber), avocado (healthy fat), salsa (vegetables) and Greek yogurt (protein). I easily bypassed the three cups of cheese.

Yep, I can justify just about anything. Except for the four cookie bars I ate while browsing Facebook and writing this post. Fail.
So here it is, the easiest recipe ever. It is quite versatile! You can make them for the big game, or for lunch… which is what I did in our case. Just take some beautiful big potatoes…

Slice them into wedges.

Toss them with olive oil and a touch of salt and pepper.

Bake them until they look like pretty, crispy, toasty wedges of deliciousness. Yes, that’s what they are called. Don’t forget any adjectives.

Cover them with toppings of you choice.

Eat. Moan. Groan. Devour. Make more. Eat more. Get a stomachache. Drink wine.

Well, at least that’s how it went for me.
Baked Potato Nachos

serves 4-6

8 medium to large yukon gold potatoes

3 tablespoons olive oil

salt & pepper

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Wash potatoes, peel off any bad parts, and slice into wedges (however thick of thin you would like). Toss with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Lay on a non-stick baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes, flipping once. Remove potatoes and top with whatever toppings you would like. Stick back in the oven to melt cheese.

Toppings: black beans, refried beans, cheese, sour cream, greek yogurt, salsa, green chilis, avocado, enchilada sauce, jalepenos, chicken, shrimp, guacamole.
Now for some Super Bowl recipes, to quench your requests!

Snacks

Better-Than-Crack Brownies

Bourbon Pecan Pie Brownies

Ice Cream Crepes

Hoho Cake

Chocolate Chip Cookies

White Chocolate Mocha Cookies
Please tell me what you are making for the big game. Because even though I just shared 25 recipes, I have issues and feel the need to make something new and exciting. What can I say? I get bored easily.

142 Responses to “Baked Potato Nachos + 25 Super Bowl Recipes.”

megan — February 1, 2011 @ 3:50 pm

I have been thinking about potatoe skins and this is a great knock off. These might have to be on the game day menu!
    Tonight is your balsamic gnocchi. It was suppose to be last night but I had to work. :( But tonight…

• Jessica — February 1st, 2011 @ 4:22 pm

I hope you guys love it!

Jenn L @ Peas & Crayons — February 1, 2011 @ 3:51 pm

I make these too! They are so so yummy! and addictive! If there are potatoes in the house I know at least half of them are going into a nacho platter <3

I love the wedge idea! mine are usually slices so its fun to see a different take on an amazingly yummy dish <3

Gracie — February 1, 2011 @ 4:04 pm

For the first time in a few years I’m going to a Super Bowl party at my friends house, and I’d be lying if I said I was in the least bit interested in the game. It’s obviously all about the food ;) I’m actually going to forward this to my friend whose hosting the get-together!!

Stephanie — February 1, 2011 @ 4:11 pm

After 30 days raw all Ryan wants is eggs, milk, cheese and POTATOES. Got to the grocery store and he came back with a ginormous bag of them. Guess I have something FUN to do with them now!!!!

Sara — February 1, 2011 @ 4:15 pm

Oh my gosh, those potatoe nachos look so good! My hubby would love those! Great recipe.

Lauren — February 1, 2011 @ 4:26 pm

Of course you can justify the cookie bars silly! Glucose! How can you expect to get through the day without a hefty dose of glucose? Yes…I do believe I can hear your pancreas thanking me this very instant.

The nachos look wonderful. Well done!

Elle — February 1, 2011 @ 4:27 pm

Freaking genius! I think I love you.

Melissa (MelissaLikesToEat) — February 1, 2011 @ 4:29 pm

We are going to a friends house for Superbowl and I think its a potluck. Maybe I’ll bring one of your goodies!

GamerGirl — February 1, 2011 @ 4:39 pm

Potatoes, cheese, and infinite topping choices? This might just be the recipe that gets GamerMan interested in football… You’re a genius, Jess!!!

Cyndie — February 1, 2011 @ 4:40 pm

Thank youuuu! I have next sunday off of work, so I was ALREADY planning on making your better-than-crack brownies and buffalo chicken nachos! You make awesome guy food.

• Jessica — February 1st, 2011 @ 6:47 pm

Thanks. :) I have to since I live with such a guy’s guy. Hope you like the brownies!

rebecca lustig — February 1, 2011 @ 5:11 pm

bookmarking this page, thanks!

annie — February 1, 2011 @ 5:51 pm

oh yummy! this totally reminds me of nacho fries at a taqueria near my school!

Jess — February 1, 2011 @ 5:55 pm

oh i have some teeny tiny potatoes from trader joes i need to use this week and now i have a reason!
    p.s. these avocado fries are heavenly.

• Jessica — February 1st, 2011 @ 6:46 pm

Avocado fries?! I’m in heaven.

Natalia - a side of simple — February 1, 2011 @ 6:25 pm

What am I making? I’m making these! Although, I’m really tempted to just make them for myself. I’m also going to make my mom’s (family) famous spinach balls. I pretend they’re healthy. They taste like candy.

• Jessica — February 1st, 2011 @ 6:46 pm

I want that recipe!

Salah@myhealthiestlife — February 1, 2011 @ 6:42 pm

those recipes look great!

Sheri — February 1, 2011 @ 6:44 pm

I really recommend using a food processor to slice potatoes really thin. I just bought a bag of red, white and blue potatoes from Trader Joes- sliced them super thin and roasted them for 20 or 30 minutes. They came out amazing! So crispy like potato chips. (I also drizzled them with Olive Oil and flavored them with salt and garlic powder).

• Jessica — February 1st, 2011 @ 6:46 pm

Thanks Sheri! I will try that next time.

melissa — February 1, 2011 @ 6:48 pm

Loving the nachos…and loving the SB list!

Elizabeth — February 1, 2011 @ 7:53 pm

Ham Buns

2 sticks butter
    2 tbsp. poppy seed
    2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
    1 tbsp dried onion
    1/2 tsp. salt
    3 tbsp. mustard
    2 pkg. Pepperidge party rolls
    1 lb. boiled ham slices
    1/3 lb. Swiss cheese
    Split rolls. Blend butter, poppy seed, Worcestershire sauce, chopped onion, salt and mustard. Spread it on top and bottom of rolls. Place ham and cheese on rolls. Wrap in foil and bake 10 minutes at 400 degrees or until heated through melty and gooey!

ashley@quasichick — February 1, 2011 @ 7:57 pm

you sound like me, even though I have my stand by, incredibly delicious recipes.. I still want to make something new..
    I am thinking a vegan spinach and artichoke dip and a re-do on the “healthified” king cake–with homemade cream cheese!

Mehr — February 1, 2011 @ 8:21 pm

LOVE your blog!! I especially like your sense of humor and writing style :) Very enjoyable. Keep it up!

Jess@atasteofconfidence — February 1, 2011 @ 8:22 pm

I’ll probably make chicken wing dip:)

Tracy — February 1, 2011 @ 8:34 pm

Mmm, I love that you baked the potatoes yourself rather than using tortilla chips. I plan to make pepperoni pizza dip…and something I’ll be posting on my blog tomorrow! ;-)

Amy @ whatjewwannaeat — February 1, 2011 @ 8:35 pm

I am trying my hand at fried pickles! (Be still my heart)

Amy at TheSceneFromMe — February 1, 2011 @ 8:59 pm

Love your recipe roundup of super food to make for the Superbowl this Sunday!
    Maybe I’ll be making your buffalo chicken dip and better than crack brownies (AGAIN)!
    My mouth is screaming at me yes, do it!

Lisa (bakebikeblog) — February 1, 2011 @ 9:34 pm

Holy deliciousness!!!

Justeen @ Blissful Baking — February 1, 2011 @ 9:51 pm

Simply amazing!!

John — February 1, 2011 @ 9:58 pm

The photos really capture it and can almost taste them just from looking.

Rachel @ The Avid Appetite — February 1, 2011 @ 10:00 pm

Love the idea of putting nachos atop baked potato wedges! Love it! I love Superbowl, if only for the food :)

Chrissy — February 1, 2011 @ 10:30 pm

Pierogie pizza would awesome to have while watching dem Stillers on Sunday!!!!!

Alisa — February 2, 2011 @ 1:22 am

I’m making this baked potato nachos…more cheese :)

blackbookkitchendiaries — February 2, 2011 @ 1:22 am

this dish looks so irresistable! thanks for sharing this.

Ellie@fitforthesoul — February 2, 2011 @ 1:48 am

Haha woww! You’re so funny Jessica~I really would love to meet you in person :P Great recipes and post!

Julie @SavvyEats — February 2, 2011 @ 2:14 am

Made these tonight and they were a hit!

• Jessica — February 2nd, 2011 @ 3:27 am

Yay!

Blond Duck — February 2, 2011 @ 3:02 am

I never thought of potato nachos! Brilliant! Would Idaho work or do you need the buttery ones?

I think you’d love sweet tamales.

• Jessica — February 2nd, 2011 @ 3:26 am

I think they would work – I personally would peel them completely because I think the skin may be too thick for my liking in nacho form.

Yum Yucky — February 2, 2011 @ 3:53 am

Your foodie awesomeness keeps soaring to unprecedented levelings. Fantastic recipe.

Milisa @ Miss in the Kitchen — February 2, 2011 @ 4:15 am

Utterly delicious! I would love a plate of these right now!

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — February 2, 2011 @ 5:29 am

Yep, I wanna make all of those :-)

Alaina — February 2, 2011 @ 1:58 pm

Oh, those “nachos” look heavenly! Nothin’ like a good ol’ potato wedge drenched in cheese. :-P

Liz @ IHeartVegetables — February 2, 2011 @ 3:56 pm

Those look SO good! And the topping possibilities are endless!!! I’d love some black beans and guac on mine!

J.Lynn — February 2, 2011 @ 5:18 pm

Oh my, I can not wait to try this out!! Yummmy :)

Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction — February 2, 2011 @ 8:04 pm

So many great recipes! I have no idea how to just pick one or two… I want to make them all!

I’m not sure yet exactly what I’ll be making on Sunday, but I’m thinking about loaded soft pretzels.

Lauren — February 2, 2011 @ 8:18 pm

These look absolutely delicious and a definite must for Superbowl Sunday!!

Abby — February 2, 2011 @ 9:52 pm

Ooh! These look great!! I was wanting to make something to go with sloppy joes and this would be great!

Larissa — February 2, 2011 @ 10:38 pm

We’ve been making pierogies and kielbasi every game and the last game we made mini-Primanti Brothers sandwiches (I know oxymoron, right?). We’ll be keeping the tradition going this Sunday!

Ashley — February 7, 2011 @ 6:26 pm

I had something like that a few weeks ago at a pub. They called them Spudachos – which was really the reason we ordered them!

Ashley — February 8, 2011 @ 2:42 am

What a great idea. We just had baked potatoes for dinner (with leftover Superbowl chili) but we should have done this. Next time.

Kevin (Closet Cooking) — February 12, 2011 @ 7:58 pm

Baked potato nachos are a great idea!

Jenn — March 10, 2011 @ 1:38 am

How do you bake things with olive oil on them at 450 all the time? It starts to smoke at 400 in my oven. You have great recipes and we are doing this one tonight but after the roasted tomato pasta smoke alarm fest we had last night I’m going to try baking them at 375.

• Jessica — March 10th, 2011 @ 1:41 am

Hi Jenn! I coat things in as little olive oil as possible. If there is excess, yes it starts to smoke a lot! I usually rub the potatoes, etc with my hands to get a very light coating on. The other thing you can do is trying spritzing or spraying with nonstick spray. It works really well and eliminates the smoke.

• Jenn — March 10th, 2011 @ 12:16 pm

Thanks :) I coated them really lightly but was too scared after the night before to turn the oven to 450 so i did cook them at 375 and it still worked really well. Perhaps too well as both the hubby and I were very full since it was so tasty! So maybe the smoke alarm going off would be a good way to burn the calories off by fanning it lol.

SassyMarie — March 21, 2011 @ 8:23 pm

It is no where near Super Bowl weekend, but I finally got around to making something that evolved from these…

For my picky family – it is a definite repeat.

Bari — January 15, 2012 @ 3:49 pm

No bacon?! I’m appalled! But these sound delicious. I’ll have to try them. :)