I’ve been in NASCAR jail since Friday afternoon.

Cake Batter Crispy Treats I howsweeteats.com

In case you didn’t know, today is the Daytona 500. I didn’t know this for 24 years. But now that I have Mr. How Sweet in my life, he will never let me forget it. It will most likely be his best day of 2011… depending on who wins of course.

Cake Batter Crispy Treats I howsweeteats.com

He’s been glued to the TV all weekend, watching and re-watching every possible NASCAR special known to man. I even think some tears were shed. But you didn’t hear that from me.

Cake Batter Crispy Treats I howsweeteats.com

He has the diecast cars out to decorate and is wearing a Dale Earnhardt t-shirt from 1991. And there might be a big cooler of beer in the foyer.

Cake Batter Crispy Treats I howsweeteats.com

Needless to say, I’m running far, far away until Sunday evening. And taking some credit cards with me.
Since the only food gracing our kitchen this afternoon is 16 pounds of meat and a gallon of ketchup, I wanted to leave him something else to snack on. And since he absolutely loves rice crispy treats, and since I’m so annoyingly obsessed with cake batter flavors, I quickly combined the two. The result is a cakey-flavored crispy treat with tons of sprinkles. Love.

Cake Batter Crispy Treats I howsweeteats.com

[print_this]

Cake Batter Crispy Treats

original recipe on the back of the cereal box!

3 tablespoons butter

1 10-ounce bag of mini marshmallows

1/4 cup yellow cake mix

6 cups rice krispies cereal

1 1.75-ounce container of sprinkles

Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat and add marshmallows. Stir until they begin to melt, adding in cake mix one spoonful at a time so its combined. Stir in cereal so it is completely coated with marshmallow mixture. Sprinkle in half of the sprinkles and mix. Press into a baking dish (any size will do) and top with remaining sprinkles. Let sit for about 30 minutes before cutting. I find spraying a knife with nonstick spray helps to cut them.

[/print_this]

Cake Batter Crispy Treats I howsweeteats.com

Chances are these will last less than 30 seconds. I can already see him alternating bites of burgers and crispy treats.

218 Responses to “Cake Batter Crispy Treats.”

Ari @ ThE DiVa DiSh — February 20, 2011 @ 3:34 pm

Priceless! Reminds me of football time at our house…just run to the mall and don’t look back! :)

Eliana — February 20, 2011 @ 3:36 pm

cakey-flavored crispy treat with tons of sprinkles! i’m all over this like white on rice. they look freakin amazing!

Christina — February 20, 2011 @ 3:36 pm

Haha, I love your Mr. How Sweet stories. I wonder if he’ll appreciate the sprinkles? :p

• Jessica — February 20th, 2011 @ 3:37 pm

He sort of stood over me while I added them to the mixture and wasn’t sure what to think. It’s okay – he’d already eaten three.

• Eating Bangkok — February 20th, 2011 @ 3:51 pm

I was wondering about the sprinkles too, but even more I was wondering how these will go with the beer in the foyer :)

Annie@stronghealthyfit — February 20, 2011 @ 3:36 pm

You’re crazy :-) In a good way.

Erika @ FoodFitnessFun — February 20, 2011 @ 3:37 pm

Genius! Gotta love sprinkles… ;-)

Amanda (Eating Up) — February 20, 2011 @ 3:38 pm

I love cake batter flavored things and sprinkles too! It’s why I pick cupcake gelato at my favorite gelato place. Oh I want some of that now.

Christie {Nourishing Eats} — February 20, 2011 @ 3:38 pm

Oh my goodness, how creative. My husband would love these!

Holly — February 20, 2011 @ 3:42 pm

Jess- you are the best. I love how you always use sprinkles! It always makes me smile :) I think I might just be making these today…along with the oatmeal raisin muffins! wooohooo!!

• Cara — February 20th, 2011 @ 4:51 pm

The oatmeal raisin muffins were delicious! I made them the other night with 1/2 raisins 1/2 chocolate chips!

Matt @ The Athlete's Plate — February 20, 2011 @ 3:42 pm

Oh man that looks good!

Kristen @ That Hoosier Girl — February 20, 2011 @ 3:43 pm

Keep the cake batter recipes coming! I have yet to see one from you that hasn’t tasted awesome!

Katie — February 20, 2011 @ 3:43 pm

You are the cake batter queen, I swear. And the sprinkle queen. I love this!

Sarena (The Non Dairy Queen) — February 20, 2011 @ 3:44 pm

Make sure you take some of these in your purse to fuel you through the shopping!

• Jessica — February 20th, 2011 @ 6:21 pm

Good call! :)

Tracey — February 20, 2011 @ 3:45 pm

Love all of the cake batter treats! Have fun with the credit cards :)

Jil @ Big City, Lil' Kitchen — February 20, 2011 @ 3:48 pm

Ohh – love the idea of adding the cake mix!! These look great.

Kelly — February 20, 2011 @ 3:50 pm

I think my husband is going to cry tears of joy when he sees these. He has been making different kinds of crispy treats all week. (oreo, peanut butter, etc.) Looks delicious!! :)

• Jessica — February 20th, 2011 @ 6:21 pm

Why can’t my husband do those things??

The Blue-Eyed Bakers — February 20, 2011 @ 3:50 pm

Yay! Another delicious cake batter confection!

Kelly @ Laughter, Strength, and Food — February 20, 2011 @ 3:56 pm

I have been to a NASCAR race. It wasn’t by choice. Please don’t tell anyone. ;-)

• Jessica — February 20th, 2011 @ 6:21 pm

He might leave me for you!

Kori — February 20, 2011 @ 3:57 pm

Sounds like the perfect rice krispy treat for a funfetti lover!

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey — February 20, 2011 @ 4:00 pm

Lucky for me, I’m going to a family party today where my Husband’s family is obsessed with Nascar. Joy.

• Jessica — February 20th, 2011 @ 6:20 pm

Oh. I’m so jealous… not.

Lauren @ L-Mo Cooks — February 20, 2011 @ 4:05 pm

I love cake batter and rice krispy treats, but more importantly I love sprinkles! These look great!

Sandi G — February 20, 2011 @ 4:09 pm

That is so funny!!! I had to read your blog to Mr. Thisorthat while he’s sitting in front of the tv waiting (like he has been since the races on Thursday) for ALL the pre-race shows to end so the race of the year can finally start. Now he wants to know when the rice krispie treats will be ready. Gotta love the boy in the man!!

• Jessica — February 20th, 2011 @ 6:20 pm

Good luck today! Hahaha.

jessi — February 20, 2011 @ 4:12 pm

my dad used to go to Daytona every year for the race with all the men in our family. it was like the weekend he looked forward to all year. the past few years he’s been unable to go and when i asked him this week if he was sad he meekly replied “no, i’ve got a lot of stuff to do here at the house and i would probably drink too much anyway”…i think i heard stifled tears on the phone. men are crazy!

• Jessica — February 20th, 2011 @ 6:20 pm

Hahahah aw…

VeggieGirl — February 20, 2011 @ 4:16 pm

Oooh fun treats – sprinkles make everything better :)

Erica — February 20, 2011 @ 4:18 pm

hahaha….I’ve never quite understood the NASCAR obsession. It is hugely popular though. My sister & her husband have been to races- they think its fabulous. Anyways- if you promised me one of these- I’d watch a race. I love how the sprinkles make the crispy treats look extra fun. Buy good stuff!

Lauren at KeepItSweet — February 20, 2011 @ 4:22 pm

All this needs is a little melted chocolate and perfection!

Caitlin — February 20, 2011 @ 4:44 pm

This would be a perfect time for me to be in Pittsburgh. Our house was a Nascar-free zone.

Ashley — February 20, 2011 @ 4:50 pm

I really need to buy sprinkles!

megan @ blackberries for jam — February 20, 2011 @ 4:51 pm

Sprinkles make me so happy! (NASCAR does not) I fully support incorporating them in as many foods as possible!

• Jessica — February 20th, 2011 @ 6:19 pm

I like the way you think.

Cara — February 20, 2011 @ 4:51 pm

These are the exact thing I need for a long week of studying! Thanks for keeping me sane! :)

Fallon — February 20, 2011 @ 5:07 pm

I need to try some of your cake batter sweets! This is my favorite by far, love rice crispy treats!

Camille — February 20, 2011 @ 5:19 pm

I love your cake batter obsession! Sprinkles are fun and make me feel like a kid. We always have some in the pantry. I’m totally making these with my boys today. :)

trang — February 20, 2011 @ 5:35 pm

oh these look heavenly. I have still yet to try your cake batter pancakes, but these may have to come first since they’re easier to make. In the mean time, sprinkles on my greek yogurt will have to do cause that’s how I roll!

• Jessica — February 20th, 2011 @ 6:19 pm

These really are SO easy! They take less than 10 minutes!

Natalia - a side of simple — February 20, 2011 @ 5:43 pm

Hi, Jessica.
    God called. He wants his heavenly recipes back. Don’t worry. I put Him on hold.
    Love, Natalia

• Jessica — February 20th, 2011 @ 6:19 pm

Hahaha… you kill me. :)

Katrina — February 20, 2011 @ 5:56 pm

This is such a great idea! I love switching up the traditional rice krispie treat.

Eileen — February 20, 2011 @ 6:11 pm

Yum! I am also obsessed with all things cake batter, I just had some cake batter ice cream from coldstone yesterday, my favorite! I’m thinking of making chocolate cake batter crispy treats because I have cocoa krispies and chocolate cake mix!

• Jessica — February 20th, 2011 @ 6:18 pm

That sounds incredible!

• lynn — February 21st, 2011 @ 4:59 pm

the cocoa krispies,chocolate cake mix sounds awesome. Just remember 2 add chocolate jimmies instead of sprinkles! lol both ways they sound great. i gotta try them!

Gen — February 20, 2011 @ 6:12 pm

Those crispy treats need to be in my life right now! =D

Melissa (MelissaLikesToEat) — February 20, 2011 @ 6:52 pm

I am sitting here thinking: How does she come up with this genius stuff!?!

Leigh — February 20, 2011 @ 7:08 pm

I just made these exact crispy treats the other day after I was inspired by your cake batter pancakes and thought it was brilliant! Great minds think alike I guess :)

melissa — February 20, 2011 @ 7:18 pm

killing me…

Kim in MD — February 20, 2011 @ 7:39 pm

YUM! I hope you are having fun shopping this weekend while Mr. How Sweet watched Nascar. I can’t wait to see what you bought!

Mary @ Bites and Bliss — February 20, 2011 @ 8:13 pm

How festive! I havent made rice crispy treats since halloween two years ago. These look fun!

Alaina - The Jogging Concierge — February 20, 2011 @ 8:15 pm

Oh, those totally bring me back to my childhood! I loved making rice crispy treats. :-)

Lee @ Fit Foodie Finds — February 20, 2011 @ 8:38 pm

Sprinkles make everything taste better :)

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) — February 20, 2011 @ 8:42 pm

You know i love rice krispy treats…to the point that I have to refrain from posting about them more than every 10 days or so as to not bore people or make them think that’s ALL i eat. I would love to though…and I need to try adding some cake mix + sprinkles to my next batch!

Heather from Snacktive — February 20, 2011 @ 8:46 pm

Your cake batter pancakes have been quite popular across the web. These look so so yummy and more my style. Cool that you can print the recipe!

Moni'sMeals — February 20, 2011 @ 9:00 pm

there is just something about crispy treats! The best right!

Katie@Cozydelicious — February 20, 2011 @ 9:02 pm

These look awesome! So fun for a birthday party – even better than actual cake!

Andrea@Vegvacious — February 20, 2011 @ 9:41 pm

I think you are the only person ever who can put cake batter into anything and make it taste fabulous….once again, I love it!!

Dishes of Mrs. Fish — February 20, 2011 @ 9:50 pm

Yay! I have an open cake mix from those cake batter pancakes that totally need to be put to good use! :)

Jenna — February 20, 2011 @ 10:03 pm

Oh my heaven! I think you read my mind, because my boyfriend and I were talking the other day about how long it had been since we’ve had rice crispy bars!

1 2 3

1. Pingback: Tweets that mention Cake Batter Crispy Treats | How Sweet It Is -- Topsy.com

2. Pingback: Cake Batter Crispy Treats | Foodbeast Cake Batter Crispy Treats | The Premiere Food News Resource

3. Pingback: Cake Batter & Sprinkles! « Greek Yogurt & Apple Slices

4. Pingback: Sunday Spotlight Recipes: week 2

5. Pingback: Mardi Gras « Live and Love to Eat

6. Pingback: Sprinkle Me Happy! | kissmybroccoli

7. Pingback: Cake Batter Krispy Cakes « Soph learns to cook!

8. Pingback: Caramel Cake Batter Rice Krispie Treats « Slinging Eggs and Bacon

9. Pingback: Culinary Concoctions by Peabody – Air…it’s what’s for dinner…

10. Pingback: Cake Batter Crispy Treats «

11. Pingback: Funfetti Month Recipe Round-Up | The Spiffy Cookie

12. Pingback: Crazy for Crust: Cake Batter Crispy Treats

13. Pingback: Cake Batter Rice Krispie Treats |

14. Pingback: HIGHS & lows « cinnamonalicious

15. Pingback: Cake Batter Rice Krispie Treats

16. Pingback: Did you say dessert? « Home Making Momma

17. Pingback: Did you say Cake Batter Rice Crispy Treat’s? « Home Making Momma

18. Pingback: Cake Batter Caramel Corn « A Stool At The Counter

19. Pingback: BEST rice krispy treat | | I Heart Nap TimeI Heart Nap Time

20. Pingback: in the kitchen with zoe | wee eats

21. Pingback: Happy 11th Birthday to One of the Nerdcakes | Corrie Anne

22. Pingback: Cake Batter Rice Krispie Treats « The Sweet Life

23. Pingback: Spaghetti with Vodka Cream Sauce and Cake Batter Rice Krispie Treats | rebekah and dayton

24. Pingback: New52 | Week 33 | One Little Bird

25. Pingback: Looking Forward to Fall and some Recipes « A Summer in Tofino

26. Pingback: Friday farewell | MicaPie

27. Pingback: Cake Batter Krispy Treats

28. Pingback: Cake batter rice krispies treats | a dash and a pinch

29. Pingback: Sweet Disposition | The JPD

30. Pingback: Cake Batter Rice Krispies Treats

31. Pingback: Cake Batter Krispy Treats | The Domestic Rebel

32. Pingback: Cake Batter Rice Crispy Treats!!! « Fat Girl Bakes

33. Pingback: Cake Batter Crispy Treats – Sprinkle Joy.

34. Pingback: Cake Batter Crispy Treats « Do It And How

35. Pingback: Food Friday « Lost in Drawers

36. Pingback: Recipe Roundup, Part 3 | For The Sake of Cake

37. Pingback: Red Velvet Krispie Treats and a Sephora Mascara Review | Pass The Sushi!

38. Pingback: 14 Days of LOVE – Day 7 Rice Kiss-py Treats « My Blissful Chaos

39. Pingback: Ferrero Rocher Cookie Dough Dip « The Teenage Taste

40. Pingback: a childhood classic « trendypotluck

41. Pingback: Birthday Cake Crispy Treats « by amber's hands

42. Pingback: Cake Batter Rice Krispie Treats | Baked by Rachel

43. Pingback: Batter Up and Fry: Tailgating Treats. "Cake Batter Crispy Treats"

44. Pingback: Cake Batter Rice Krispies Treats | Sweet Pea's Kitchen

45. Pingback: Blessings Multiplied » Blog Archive » Recipe: Cake Batter Rice Krispies

46. Pingback: Listastic Tuesday » Shutterboo Photography