I don’t really have any words.

Mainly because I have a mouthful of cinnamon sugared bacon.

If loving bacon is wrong, we all know that I’m really not right at all. In fact, I’m pretty screwed. There is no saving me.

If you love me, you will make this today. Immediately. You should have started 5 minutes ago. It melts in your mouth. I know, that doesn’t make sense for bacon… but trust me.

[print_this]

Cinnamon Sugared Bacon

8 slices applewood smoked bacon

3 tablespoons brown sugar

1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lay a wire rack on top of a baking sheet.

On a large plate, mix sugar and cinnamon. Dredge bacon slices through the mix, lightly patting the sugar on top. Lay strips on wire rack and bake for 20-25 minutes, flipping the bacon once. Remove and drain on paper towels for 1 minute.

[/print_this]

You can just simply eat it. Or you can do something highly inappropriate like I did. More on that later.

118 Responses to “Cinnamon Sugared Bacon.”

megan @ blackberries for jam — February 5, 2011 @ 1:57 pm

Oh. my. goodness.

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat — February 5, 2011 @ 1:57 pm

Oh my gosh… I read the title of this post and thought “is she serious??” Trust you to come up with something like this! :D I bet you’ll be having a goooood weekend with this in the kitchen!

Nicole @ Making Good Choices — February 5, 2011 @ 1:59 pm

hmm wondering what inappropriate thing you did with this amazing bacon!

Dishes of Mrs. Fish — February 5, 2011 @ 1:59 pm

Forwarding this to my cousin asap. Her fuel of choice is bacon. She did all my bridesmaids hair for my wedding, plus mine.

Her only request: bacon and oreos. She’s going to love this!

steph@stephsbitebybite — February 5, 2011 @ 2:00 pm

I think I’ve seen it all now…you are my official hero :)

Lindsey @ Gingerbread Bagels — February 5, 2011 @ 2:02 pm

Oh my word that bacon looks soooo good. I’ve had brown sugar on bacon before but never cinnamon! You are a genius! :)

• Becca — February 6th, 2011 @ 3:45 am

Lindsey…I just made some…and then coated it with Nutella. 3 words: OH…MY…GOD

Tracey — February 5, 2011 @ 2:09 pm

Oh man, I really wish I had some of that for breakfast over here!

Estela @ Weekly Bite — February 5, 2011 @ 2:09 pm

WOW.

That’s all I got :)

Katie — February 5, 2011 @ 2:21 pm

Yum. This is like dipping your bacon in the maple syrup that drips off the pancakes. So yum.

Lauren at KeepItSweet — February 5, 2011 @ 2:22 pm

Kind of wishing I had some bacon on hand!!

Melanie @ SpareTimeBaker — February 5, 2011 @ 2:23 pm

WoW. I need to add bacon to my shopping list. Immediately!
    p.s. you are NOT helping me win the Biggest Loser contest we’re having at work. :P

Matt @ The Athlete's Plate — February 5, 2011 @ 2:26 pm

WOW. I need some of that ASAP!

Rachel — February 5, 2011 @ 2:27 pm

I cannot believe that is a thing. But now that I know it’s a thing, I want that thing. I want that thing a LOT.

You win the Internet today!

Evan Thomas — February 5, 2011 @ 2:31 pm

Now this is the kind of thing that gets me out of bed in the morning.

Alaina - The Jogging Concierge — February 5, 2011 @ 2:48 pm

I need to wear sweatpants when I read your blog. ;-)

Amanda- The Nutritionist Reviews — February 5, 2011 @ 2:48 pm

That looks like the most delicious bacon…EVER!

Jason's BBQ Adventures — February 5, 2011 @ 2:49 pm

Great looking bacon! Love a good candied bacon.

Kath — February 5, 2011 @ 2:49 pm

I suggest you break out the bourbon and make a mean Manhattan garnished with those slices!

Jess — February 5, 2011 @ 2:52 pm

good lord. this is what must be served when i arrive at heaven.

Gen — February 5, 2011 @ 3:00 pm

this looks so good! why did you have to post this right after our freezer went kaput and we lost the bacon and everything else that was in there? =( now I’m hungry! hahahaha

Melissa — February 5, 2011 @ 3:08 pm

I like to do mine with brown sugar and a sprinkle of cayenne pepper :)

…I REALLY wish I had some bacon right now!

kari — February 5, 2011 @ 3:25 pm

looks gorgeous!!!

Christina — February 5, 2011 @ 3:31 pm

Only you. <3

G — February 5, 2011 @ 3:43 pm

I love the salty-sweet combo so I usually eat my bacon with maple syrup. I think this will completely top that…. mmmm….

Jil @ Big City, Lil Kitchen — February 5, 2011 @ 3:48 pm

I saw the title of this post, and automatically said, “Oh dear, God!” …outloud. These look ammmazing!

Jen @ keepitsimplefoods — February 5, 2011 @ 4:12 pm

Wow, I don’t eat meat but I’ll admit this looks pretty good.

Amanda — February 5, 2011 @ 4:57 pm

Dude! I want that!

Tammy — February 5, 2011 @ 5:07 pm

Oh my goodness these sound soooo good!! I’m in bacon heaven just looking at them! :)

Helen — February 5, 2011 @ 5:29 pm

Amazing isn’t it! I told you yesterday that this was my favorite :) Minus the cinnamon, I never tried that one. I will have to add it next time I cook this. Of course I got the idea from Paula Deen – bet she would love to hear about your cinnamon addition as well.

Dani — February 5, 2011 @ 5:33 pm

I am not the same woman I was 30 seconds before reading this post.

Rachel J — February 5, 2011 @ 5:47 pm

We like ours with brown sugar and fresh cracked black pepper!! These are great for brunch or showers. You can freeze them and simply reheat a few minutes when you need them!

Feast on the Cheap — February 5, 2011 @ 5:48 pm

So many sweet bacon treats popping up today!

Natalia - a side of simple — February 5, 2011 @ 6:06 pm

Um, no, I really don’t have WORDS.

Actually, I do. But they are highly inappropriate and my mom taught me better. ;)

Justeen @ Blissful Baking — February 5, 2011 @ 6:11 pm

Sweet and salty is the best!! This bacon looks SO GOOD! :)

alison @ Ingredients, INc. — February 5, 2011 @ 6:22 pm

This is so creative! Loving your site

Liz @ Tip Top Shape — February 5, 2011 @ 6:23 pm

I absolutely love your obsession with bacon because it creates amazing recipes like this one!!

Andrea @ The Skinny Chronicles — February 5, 2011 @ 6:37 pm

This looks to good to be true. Naughty. Naughty. Naughty. Delicious. Delicious. Delicious.

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey — February 5, 2011 @ 7:20 pm

hmmmm peanut butter bacon granola? Maybe? bacon muffins? You’ve got me thinking.

Sarah — February 5, 2011 @ 7:51 pm

I couldn’t help it, I just made some. And ate them all. By myself. Sounds like a quality Saturday afternoon to me!!!

Lisa {Smart Food and Fit} — February 5, 2011 @ 7:55 pm

I’m hungry now! Perfect combination, I love bacon!!!!

Laurel — February 5, 2011 @ 8:15 pm

Jessica,
    I live in charlottesville and a few weekends ago I went to a restaurant called the Bluegrass grill and bakery, which is my favorite spot on this planet because of the small baby head sized honey wheat biscuits. Upon going this last time, I spied on the specials of the weekend menu an appetizer/side that was stated thusly: “Chocolate covered bacon” and as the description: “…Seriously.” You need to go to this place.
    It was delicious.

Katie@Cozydelicious — February 5, 2011 @ 8:32 pm

Oh, yum!!! Didn’t you do a cookie once with bacon and chocolate in it? Either way, you should try a cookie with this sweet spiced bacon!! I would myself, but that just seems to dangerous since I’d eat the whole batch!

Kim in MD — February 5, 2011 @ 9:14 pm

YUM! My only complaint is it is only 8 slices! :-)

I am thinking you made cookies with this sweet bacon…I can’t wait to find out what you made!

Cookin' Canuck — February 5, 2011 @ 9:27 pm

What a treat! Salty and sweet is definitely a favorite here.

Rebel mel — February 5, 2011 @ 9:45 pm

Have I told you yet that I might be in love with you? Cause I might be. All this cake batter and bacon… You know the way to my heart, clearly. You’re going to die when you see a couple of my posts next week.

Brooke @ Bittersweetb — February 5, 2011 @ 10:12 pm

This stuff is delicious! My aunt who owned a catering company use to serve pieces of sugar bacon as hors d’oeuvres and they were her most popular item. NO words can explain how good it is!

yum yum

Katalina — February 5, 2011 @ 10:43 pm

Did you dip it in chocolate after that???!!! or maybe cheese? I hope so!! :)

Amy | She Wears Many Hats — February 5, 2011 @ 11:11 pm

You are a dangerous woman my friend.

Dear, dear me, these look banconylicious.

Heather (Heather's Dish) — February 5, 2011 @ 11:28 pm

the last time i made any kind of sugared bacon i ate a pound of it at half past midnight.

this is going to be very bad indeed…

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — February 5, 2011 @ 11:49 pm

Did you crumble it over ice-cream!!!!!??

1. Pingback: Tweets that mention Cinnamon Sugared Bacon | How Sweet It Is -- Topsy.com

2. Pingback: five in five | The Healthy Everythingtarian

3. Pingback: I Love You Guys. | How Sweet It Is

4. Pingback: Dark Chocolate Cupcakes with White Chocolate Ganache and Candied Bacon | How Sweet It Is

5. Pingback: Ginger Lime Shrimp and Noodles | How Sweet It Is

6. Pingback: How To Make Cinnamon Sugared Bacon | UniqueDaily.com

7. Pingback: Web Wednesday: How Sweet It Is | My Shiny Life

8. Pingback: Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies with Chocolate Candied Bacon | The Spiffy Cookie

9. Pingback: Puffy Peanut Butter Cookies with Chocolate Chips and Candied Bacon « thebitesizedbaker

10. Pingback: 70 Recipes for the 4th of July | How Sweet It Is

11. Pingback: he’s been waiting… « TheFaceBaby

12. Pingback: Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies with Chocolate Candied Bacon. | How Sweet It Is

13. Pingback: Starting a blog | hot pink sprinkles