Homemade Naan.

I finally stepped out of my comfort zone.

I resolved to make more bread this year, and first on the list was this incredible naan. As you can see, I topped it with boatloads of melted butter. I haven’t been the same since. Head on over to The Pioneer Woman’s Tasty Kitchen for a step by step recipe on how to make it. I promise it is so easy, you won’t ever buy naan again!

68 Responses to “Homemade Naan.”

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey — February 19, 2011 @ 1:40 pm

Looks good!

Gabrielle — February 19, 2011 @ 1:42 pm

Holy Moley! I have to make some spicy dip to go with this. Drool

Jen @ keepitsimplefoods — February 19, 2011 @ 1:42 pm

I’m impressed! I’ve always wanted to try making homemade naan, but have been timid. Now, you’ve inspired me- I’m gonna give it a try. Thanks for being so brave!

Vicki @ WITK — February 19, 2011 @ 1:44 pm

I love naan, especially when it’s stuffed with cheese then soaked in butter. Yours looks perfect, did you invest in a tandoori oven? :)

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat — February 19, 2011 @ 1:44 pm

Looks amazing!!! Bread making scares me too.. but I need to step out of my comfort zone like you because it smells oh so good!

CaSaundra — February 19, 2011 @ 1:52 pm

I agree–homemade Naan is super tasty! I made it for the first time this past summer :-)

Erika @ FoodFitnessFun — February 19, 2011 @ 1:52 pm

Homemade Naan has been on my “To Make” list for the longest time. Thanks for the reminder! :-)

Nicole @ Making Good Choices — February 19, 2011 @ 1:54 pm

I love to make my own bread, I haven’t made naan in so long…I think it’s time!

Amanda (Eating Up) — February 19, 2011 @ 2:13 pm

It’s beautiful! Looks even better than what my Indian restaurant serves!

Blog is the New Black — February 19, 2011 @ 2:16 pm

I love Naan, so soft and wonderful!

Eliana — February 19, 2011 @ 2:19 pm

Hmmm – this naan looks picture perfect :)

Alaina - The Jogging Concierge — February 19, 2011 @ 2:21 pm

I love naan! especially when they bake spices in the bread. Or chives. Chives are good. :-)

Dishes of Mrs. Fish — February 19, 2011 @ 2:22 pm

I’ve never even tried naan. I know, I’m pathetic.
    Your naan looks great!

BS Cooks — February 19, 2011 @ 2:45 pm

Okay yum! I am going to look this one up! I love bread. I love eating it but I really like making it! Have you tried making sprouted grain bread? I have made it once. I want to make it again!!!

Erica — February 19, 2011 @ 2:53 pm

Homemade bread is the best! I’ve actually never had naan (mostly because I’ve only had bad experiences with Indian food). Maybe I’m ready for a homemade version!

Ari @ ThE DiVa DiSh — February 19, 2011 @ 3:03 pm

Yea! I love naan :) with butter…even better!!

Lauren W — February 19, 2011 @ 3:15 pm

Oh. My. Goodness. I must go make naan right now!! I was so excited when we moved into our new house that the stove-top is smooth fiberglass (so easy to clean, I can’t be bothered with removing burners to clean my stove!), but now I wish a had some good flame-age! Think a small pastry torch would work to brown the ‘rough’ side?? That’s my favorite part!

Heather — February 19, 2011 @ 3:21 pm

Oh, I’ve been wanting to make homemade naan for a while! Thanks for the recipe link!

Mara @ What's For Dinner? — February 19, 2011 @ 3:34 pm

I totally made naan last week. It rocks!

Tracey — February 19, 2011 @ 3:46 pm

I can’t wait to try this, it looks amazing!

A Tablespoon of Liz — February 19, 2011 @ 3:47 pm

Yum! Naan has been on my list of things to make for a while now, my Mom recently got back from a trip to India and has been begging me to make it. yours looks amazing!

Elizabeth@The Sweet Life — February 19, 2011 @ 3:51 pm

I’m really impressed–it looks like what you’d get at an Indian restaurant!

Kristen @ That Hoosier Girl — February 19, 2011 @ 3:51 pm

I think I ate naan every.single.day on our cruise! Love that stuff!

Dustin — February 19, 2011 @ 4:02 pm

Those of you going crazy over Naan obviously haven’t been deployed to Afghanistan for a year. We had to eat this bread every meal with only white rice and some goat meat. I do have to admit that at first it was delicious so I do understand why you enjoy it.

Amanda @ The Artsy Kitchen — February 19, 2011 @ 4:12 pm

This is perfect timing, we are going to do a “build your own” pizza party soon and I was thinking naan bread would be the perfect little personal pizza size but I haven’t found a recipe that didn’t completely intimidate me yet! That one looks doable!

• Ellie@fitforthesoul — February 19th, 2011 @ 8:09 pm

It totallly does! Great idea of making pizzza with it too :)

oureyeseatfirst — February 19, 2011 @ 4:17 pm

im an indian girl and you got me beat!! thanks for sharing this – my husband will thank you!

(also, if you are on facebook – if you can, please “like” our page – http://www.facebook.com/OurEyesEatFirst) Thanks a million!

Natalia - a side of simple — February 19, 2011 @ 4:19 pm

You had me convinced at “butter!”

Radhika — February 19, 2011 @ 4:21 pm

I love naan. I made paratas this morning! I am a member of Tasty Kitchen. Maybe I should submit the recipe there! I love when people enjoy Indian food. Thanks for sharing the recipe. I love your blog!

• Jessica — February 19th, 2011 @ 5:01 pm

Thanks! You should submit your recipe for sure!

Kylie @ A Hungry Spoon — February 19, 2011 @ 4:46 pm

yay for homemade naan! As soon as I saw this post this morning I was excited–I’ve yet to try my hand at naan, although I’ve come close by making flatbread. Isn’t it the best?! In addition to the melted butter, I recommend adding a smear of roasted garlic as well :)

Gen — February 19, 2011 @ 5:37 pm

Yaaaay! I’ve been looking for a good flatbread recipe!!!! Will definitely be trying this one out soon!

Jil @ Big City, Lil Kitchen — February 19, 2011 @ 8:02 pm

Ob.sesssssed. with Naan. This looks incredible! I’m a sucker for a little bit of charrrr on anything.

Chicago Cuisine Critique — February 19, 2011 @ 8:04 pm

That looks soo good. I absolutely love naan. I may have to give it a go. Thanks for the recipe!

Ellie@fitforthesoul — February 19, 2011 @ 8:09 pm

OMGSSSHHH!!! My heart is having trouble right now. 0_o” Sorry, it’s just that this looks awesome and gives me memories of India this past summer! Yayyyy I can have reaaall Naan again! At home, too. Thanks Jess : )))))

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) — February 19, 2011 @ 8:38 pm

Skylar loves naan. She’s my 4 yr old indian-food gobbling preschooler:)

Kristin — February 19, 2011 @ 8:54 pm

Looks awesome! I love making little pizzas on naan :)

Eating Bangkok — February 19, 2011 @ 10:13 pm

My wife and I love naan, but can hardly ever find it near where we are currently living. Now I have the recipe and will muster up the courage to try my hand at making naan on my own, thanks so much for this!

Angela — February 19, 2011 @ 10:44 pm

I love, love, love homemade naan. I follow this recipe : http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Naan/Detail.aspx
    and it has served me well so many times in the past. We add tons of minced garlic, which really takes the naan to the next level.

Tammy — February 19, 2011 @ 11:12 pm

Sounds interesting and looks wonderful! I headed over to check out the recipe right now!
    xx,
    Tammy

Amy at TheSceneFromMe — February 20, 2011 @ 12:39 am

I could just eat naan bread and butter for dinner!

Mary @ Bites and Bliss — February 20, 2011 @ 12:51 am

I’ve only had naan once but loved it when I did. Making bread’s a tricky thing- good for you for stepping out of your comfort zone!

Hannah — February 20, 2011 @ 2:26 am

Oh, naan was almost my favourite part of visiting my local Indian restaurant. (The favourite was the banana and coconut side dish :) )

Kat @ Cupcake Kat — February 20, 2011 @ 2:52 am

I love naan. Great tutorial

Katrina (gluten free gidget) — February 20, 2011 @ 3:00 am

Okay I’m officially impressed!

Cookin' Canuck — February 20, 2011 @ 4:27 am

We adore naan, but I have never made it myself. Great job with this!

Justeen @ Blissful Baking — February 20, 2011 @ 4:48 am

Your naan looks lovely! I could subsist soley on naan (or any kind of bread, actually) for the rest of my life! mmm

Corinna @ The Fire Chiefs Wife — February 20, 2011 @ 11:44 am

I love naan and this recipe was absolutely fantastic. I’ve tried many of your recipes and you’ve never failed me. Thanks so much!!

Katrina — February 20, 2011 @ 12:20 pm

This looks so freaking good. Naan rocks!

marla {family fresh cooking} — February 20, 2011 @ 12:52 pm

My kids would be all over this butter smothered naan bread. Gonna check it out on TK!

kate@ahealthypassion — February 20, 2011 @ 1:35 pm

yum naan and melted butter cant get much better.

Kathleen @ KatsHealthCorner — February 20, 2011 @ 3:07 pm

Awww, YUM! My mom has been wanting me to make some naan! Thanks for the link! :D

1. Pingback: Tweets that mention Homemade Naan | How Sweet It Is -- Topsy.com