…without me!!
I almost cried. It’s only my favorite place on Earth. And it’s 40 minutes away! But he did bring back some flowers to soften the blow.

Aren’t they pretty? This marks the second time in one week he has brought me flowers. What a guy.
I had to show you what he picked up since it it quite… different from my normal TJ’s runs. Notice the distinct lack of any produce whatsoever.

The 12 pounds of frozen chicken and $20 worth of beef should not come as a surprise. Nor should the diet soda, which he closet drinks while pounding chocolate chip cookies. Or the Kashi and english muffins, because he eats 2 bowls of cereal for breakfast then like… 3 english muffins with peanut butter and jelly 2 hours later.
And he ate this entire bag of beef jerky in one sitting.

I think it was demolished in 60 seconds. He wants you to know that there are not 3 servings in this bag. There is one.
At least he bought me my favorite hummus.

But I’m pretty sure that’s become he has started to eat hummus too. Which almost made me think that it might be time to go see Jesus. Never ever thought that would happen.
He did pick up one foodie-like item.

Which apparently is going to be our dessert tonight, because word on the street is that Mr. How Sweet is cooking dinner! Stay tuned.

44 Responses to “Mr. How Sweet Went To Trader Joe’s…”

Annie@stronghealthyfit — February 13, 2011 @ 1:57 pm

How exciting :-) Can’t wait to read about it!

Erika @ FoodFitnessFun — February 13, 2011 @ 2:00 pm

Haha at least he didn’t pick up all meat like last time!

Can’t wait to see what he cooks for you! Such a good guy!

Nicole @ Making Good Choices — February 13, 2011 @ 2:03 pm

is he cooking and cleaning? because if so, that’s amazing!

• Jessica — February 13th, 2011 @ 2:14 pm

Probably – he always cleans! Mainly because I’m terrible at it.

Lauren at KeepItSweet — February 13, 2011 @ 2:06 pm

lol i wonder what would happen if my husband went to TJs on his own….. the flowers seem like a definite perk, though!

Dishes of Mrs. Fish — February 13, 2011 @ 2:08 pm

How sweet of Mr. How Sweet to get you flowers. :) Lilies are my favorite flower! They were in my wedding bouquet. I can’t wait to see what Mr. How Sweet Makes for dinner. My hubby is stuck far, far away in Atlanta, no homemade dinners for me for awhile.

My trips to Trader Joe’s look so different when my husband comes along too!

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — February 13, 2011 @ 2:19 pm

His shopping trips always crack me up – especially when you announce how much meat he bought. The mango sorbet sounds delicious!

Linda — February 13, 2011 @ 2:21 pm

Those flowers are beautiful! Lucky you :) I live in Alberta Canada and we do not have a Trader Joe’s although my daughter, who travels a lot has told me what a great store it is. I have become a total fan of Trader Joe’s without even stepping foot in the store! Although we do have a few (but far between) wonderful organic stores, none seem as great as Trader Joe’s.
    I hope Mr. How Sweet will make you a wonderful meal – it’s always a special treat to have someone cook for you – enjoy it AND let us know how it turned out…
    Thanks for all your great posts and recipes!

Amanda (Eating Up) — February 13, 2011 @ 2:25 pm

Mango sorbet! Now that’s something I need to try!

VeggieGirl — February 13, 2011 @ 2:26 pm

Beautiful flowers and fabulous TJ’s goodies!

Caitlin @ TPL — February 13, 2011 @ 2:31 pm

So sweet of Mr. How Sweet!! And mango ANYTHING=Amazing!

Paige @ Running Around Normal — February 13, 2011 @ 2:32 pm

LOL! Well, that was sweet of him to buy the flowers:) And the hummus. Can’t wait to see what he cooks up for you two!

Jil @ Big City, Lil Kitchen — February 13, 2011 @ 2:42 pm

Ohhh – can’t wait to see what he cooks up. I haven’t seen that sorbet before – I’ll have to be on the lookout for it.

Megan — February 13, 2011 @ 2:49 pm

My sister recently moved to Florida and besides being home to cockroaches and lizards in your house, they also have no TJ’s*… SO I’m putting together a TJ’s care package with her favorite must have items (chipotle salsa and gnochii) and some new items (rice and bean chips and quinoa) :-)

*and she wonders why I’m taking my time to get there…

Beth — February 13, 2011 @ 2:50 pm

He did a good job! I expecting some steak and 20 or so bags of orange chicken. That white bean hummus is my favorite.

Holly — February 13, 2011 @ 3:06 pm

LOL!I love the TOTAL difference in the things you buy! I see all of his chicken that he loves. It’s the orange chicken, right? I REALLY wish we had Trader Joe’s..although I don’t think my wallet would ;)

Jess (In My Healthy Opinion) — February 13, 2011 @ 3:10 pm

Those flowers are beauuuttiful..major points for Mr. How Sweet. :) I always forget to get the white bean hummus from TJ’s! It looks incredible.

Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun — February 13, 2011 @ 3:10 pm

I adore the white bean hummus!!! The white bean basil is the best. And hey…at least there are only 2 bags of orange chicken. That’s progress, right? ;)

katie — February 13, 2011 @ 3:18 pm

omg he totally saved himself with the beautiful flowers ; ) I would of been so upset to not go to trader joes, our closest is 2 hours away, and If Mike went on his own, he better have a good reason or flowers , lol!

I cant wait to see what he made you for dinner!

Christina — February 13, 2011 @ 3:36 pm

Haha, well, at least he bought flowers like you said. :)

Ann — February 13, 2011 @ 4:14 pm

Our Trader Joe’s is over half an hour away, and I just went last week for the first time in many, many months! I tried to exercise some restraint, especially in the chocolate covered snacks aisle. The most important thing to me is the mediterranean hummus, I just can’t recreate it! Also raw almonds, goat cheese, tea, balsamic…

Lauren @ WWoB — February 13, 2011 @ 4:19 pm

Oh Jessica!! I had no idea that was your favorite hummus! I made it at home in the vita mix and it turned out really well! I just followed the ingredients list and used proportions that I wanted (which are on my blog if youre curious) and it turned out really really well. And a bit healthier which enables larger quantities and satisfaction. ;)

melissa — February 13, 2011 @ 4:49 pm

He’s cooking dinner? SCORE!
    And TJs has a GREAT selection when it comes to flowers…I always stop there to pick some up for my Nana before I visit her.

J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) — February 13, 2011 @ 4:55 pm

OMG, I’d be devastated if my husband went to TJ’s without me! :( Our closest one is 75 miles away, so it’s like my yearly treat, lol!

Your hubby brought home some tasty stuff, though!! :)

AND pretty flowers!!!! Awww <3

Cindy — February 13, 2011 @ 5:13 pm

How is it that our husbands can come home with 3 bags of groceries and have nothing to eat? Or anything I could/would eat? It’s in their genetic code.

Melissa — February 13, 2011 @ 6:11 pm

Points for the flowers, hummus, & sorbet! Is that 2 bags of frozen corn I see??? Is that to include in his lunches this week or something? ;)

Annie — February 13, 2011 @ 6:44 pm

That is a pretty big container of Mango Sorbet. And I’m pretty sure my husband could put that away in no time flat.

Low — February 13, 2011 @ 7:23 pm

The flowers are gorgeous! I can’t wait until I have TJ’s access!

janetha @ meals and moves — February 13, 2011 @ 7:28 pm

haha i love it when you show us Mr. HS’s grocery finds. this one has a little more variety than the past ones, at least. i am perusing your site today to find a valentine’s day treat for the office.. can’t wait to see what i find!

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey — February 13, 2011 @ 7:41 pm

OH no! That’s like the worst thing ever – him going to TJ’s without you, not him making dinner! :)

Kat @ Cupcake Kat — February 13, 2011 @ 7:50 pm

I am always secretly angry if someone goes grocery shopping without me. Always!

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) — February 13, 2011 @ 8:25 pm

he’s cooking for you? That’s awesome!!

enjoy !

Bethany @Bridezilla Bakes — February 13, 2011 @ 9:33 pm

Oooh, I haven’t tried that particular hummus yet! I should get back into hummus — such a delicious and healthy snack.

Ashley — February 13, 2011 @ 9:45 pm

This post reminded me of how much I love Trader Joe’s. I think I’ll have to make a trip there next weekend and stock up.

Jenna — February 13, 2011 @ 10:35 pm

AHHH! How do you get Mr. How Sweet to cook for you?? Or does he do this willingly? This is unheard of at my house! Plus, I would cry if my boyfriend went to Trader Joes without me,…its one of my favourite places too! Oh, and beef jerky bag in one sitting…I could easily do that as well. LOVE jerky! I try not to buy it, but when I do, my boyfriend and I fight over it! Haha, enjoy your dinner tonight!!!!!

Tracey — February 13, 2011 @ 10:44 pm

I would have ate the entire bag of beef jerky in one sitting too! It’s good stuff :)

Hannah — February 13, 2011 @ 11:13 pm

Don’t get too upset. The quickest way for me to get to Trader Joe’s is to spend at least 20 hours on a plane. Oh, and I’m single.

See? Surely you feel better now :)

Mama Pea — February 13, 2011 @ 11:13 pm

I’ve talked to several friends about the “What He Bought” blog idea, sparked after my girlfriend’s husband left for milk and came home with a dirt bike the other day. We are onto something!

carolinebee — February 13, 2011 @ 11:25 pm

Way to go Mr.! Hey, he’s trying..and in his defense TJ’s is known to spontaneously stop selling certain items so he is just playin it safe ;D

Can’t wait to hear how din goes!

Melissa (MelissaLikesToEat) — February 14, 2011 @ 12:17 am

I see the bags of TJ’s Orange Chicken. That stuff is so good!

Alaina - The Jogging Concierge — February 14, 2011 @ 5:38 am

Love Mandarin Orange chicken!! I just had that for lunch today. :-)

Kay — February 14, 2011 @ 2:29 pm

Wow beautiful flowers how sweet and the food looks fab! Have a great day today too! :)

1. Pingback: Tweets that mention Mr. How Sweet Went To Trader Joe’s… | How Sweet It Is -- Topsy.com

2. Pingback: Mr. How Sweet’s Valentine’s Day Feast. | How Sweet It Is