S’mores Pie.

This may be a bit ridiculous.

S'mores Pie I howsweeteats.com

And it just may be one of the best desserts I’ve ever made.
You might remember that last year I whipped up some mini s’mores tarts. They were fabulous, but I must have had a few screws loose. Why didn’t I just make an entire pie?

S'mores Pie I howsweeteats.com

Oh! I remember why. Because my husband doesn’t like s’mores. He’s apparently from another planet. Can’t he just sacrifice his taste buds for my favorite flavor combination?

I guess not.
I ended up with an entire pie. In my house. In my fridge. With only one person to eat it.

Dreams do come true!

S'mores Pie I howsweeteats.com

Welcome to my new favorite dessert. Did your pants button pop yet?

S'mores Pie I howsweeteats.com

Pleeeeeease make this. I’m begging you. I need someone to share the love with me since Mr. How Sweet would rather eat chicken and steak than s’mores.
And I’m warning you: It may not be pretty once cut.

As long as you chill it, you should get a semblance of a slice out. But if that fails, just go to town with a spoon. Trust me, no one will care. They are eating s’mores pie after all! Seriously, it’s not like you could wait to cut it anyway. Unless you’re superhuman.

I might have found myself kneeling on the kitchen floor, spoon in hand and head in fridge, scooping out s’mores pie bites.

S'mores Pie I howsweeteats.com

And I still have the crumbs on my kitchen floor to prove it.

S'mores Pie I howsweeteats.com

[print_this]

S’mores Pie

for crust

1 3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs

1 1/4 sticks butter, melted

Preheat oven to 325.

Add melted butter and graham cracker crumbs together until a crust forms. Press in to a 9 inch pie plate.

for chocolate filling (from Tyler Florence)

1 cup heavy cream

1/2 cup milk

10 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped

2 tablespoons sugar

1/4 teaspoon salt

2 eggs

1 bag of large marshmallows

Combine milk and heavy cream in a saucepan and heat over low heat. Watch carefully and once it begins to simmer, remove from heat and add in chocolate. Stir with a spatula until chocolate is melted, then whisk in sugar and salt. In a separate bowl, lightly beat the 2 eggs. Slowly add eggs to chocolate mixture while whisking.

Pour chocolate filling in to graham crust. Tyler’s directions call for the filling to be baked for 15-20 minutes, but mine needed about 30-35. Pay attention and check every 5-10 minutes after 20 minutes pass. One the chocolate is no longer liquid, remove the tart and top with as many large marshmallows as you can fit. I heated my broiled on low, and stuck the pie back in for 2 minutes so the top could get golden. The other option is to just place it back in the oven for a few minutes until they melt or use a kitchen torch.

Let cool then refrigerate for 1-2 hours before cutting. Spray a knife with non-stick spray before slicing. If it is messy, just lift pieces out with a spoon. It’s just as delicious!

[/print_this]

S'mores Pie I howsweeteats.com

I might need a s’mores detox. Or s’mores rehab.

But really… I just need s’more s’mores. I’m an addict.

265 Responses to “S’mores Pie.”

Estela @ Weekly Bite — February 15, 2011 @ 11:56 am

Oh wow! Words can’t even express how AMAZING this looks!! I would eat this straight out of the pie dish :)

Matt @ The Athlete's Plate — February 15, 2011 @ 11:57 am

Wow that looks amazing!

Erika @ FoodFitnessFun — February 15, 2011 @ 11:57 am

SMORES PIE?! How do you come up with these things?!
    Amazing… :-D

Christie {Nourishing Eats} — February 15, 2011 @ 11:58 am

Oh wow, that first shot with the marshmallows took my breath away. It looks so freaking tasty!!

Julie — February 15, 2011 @ 11:59 am

And this is exactly why I can’t plan too far in advance on the challenge because then I see recipes like this and want to make it instead of whatever I had planned!

Victoria (District Chocoholic) — February 15, 2011 @ 12:04 pm

It’s not ridiculous at all. There’s no caramel sauce on top of the marshmallows. Now that…would still not be ridiculous. Just delicious.

Lauren — February 15, 2011 @ 12:05 pm

Well done! I’m with you: s’mores are awesome, and in pie form? Delectable, I’m sure ;).

Manu Miranda — February 15, 2011 @ 12:05 pm

OMGGGGGGG…This is amazing!!! I must do it soon, very soon. Probably today.

Katrina — February 15, 2011 @ 12:09 pm

This looks crazy! I just bought a new pair of stretchy pants, so I’m so making this soon.

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey — February 15, 2011 @ 12:11 pm

Holy crap Jess. I know you say that things are your favorite every other day (which is why I love you because I’m constnatly changing my mind too) but this one takes the cake (er… pie). I love s’mores!

• Jessica — February 15th, 2011 @ 12:17 pm

I’m so glad someone else understands my changing mind!

Melanie @ SpareTimeBaker — February 15, 2011 @ 12:13 pm

Mmmmmmmmmmmm….S’mores are my go-to weakness food :) I must make this!!!!

Dishes of Mrs. Fish — February 15, 2011 @ 12:16 pm

Smores, it’s what’s for breakfast! YUM!

Hannah — February 15, 2011 @ 12:17 pm

The agony and the ecstasy! I’ve never even had a real s’more! They aren’t a “thing” in Australia, and we don’t even have graham crackers here :(

• Jessica — February 15th, 2011 @ 12:17 pm

Ah! How is that even possible?

• Hannah — February 15th, 2011 @ 12:24 pm

‘Cause we’re too busy eating vegemite on toast? :D

• Jessica — February 15th, 2011 @ 12:26 pm

I don’t really know what vegemite is, but the fact that it has “veg” in the name makes me think I would not be a fan.

• Hannah — February 15th, 2011 @ 12:27 pm

It’s yeast extract. You’re missing out. ;)

• Jane B — February 15th, 2011 @ 3:34 pm

Hannah, as a fellow Aussie (but appreciator of American cuisine), allow me to explain…
      A graham cracker is basically a sweet, plain biscuit – the Australian equivalent would be a Marie or Nice biscuit, or digestive biscuit.
      I’ve tried making s’mores using Nice biscuits before, and it was pretty delicious. I’d love to give this pie ago.
      Oh and Jessica, there’s no vegetables in Vegemite…it’s basically like really potent nutritional yeast in spreadable form. I adore it but a lot of Americans apparently can’t handle the taste (well, the one’s I’ve met who have been brave enough to try it!)

• Jessica — February 15th, 2011 @ 4:22 pm

I absolutely LOVE nutritional yeast! Maybe I’d love it then?

• Marie Baars — February 15th, 2011 @ 4:42 pm

I have tried it! It looks strangely like chocolate spread. I would not choose to eat it, but its not too bad. I think its pretty widely available at least in Canada. I know I can buy it at any grocery store.

• Courtney — February 15th, 2011 @ 9:25 pm

The thing with Vegemite (I’m from NZ) is not to put too much on – heaaps and heaps of butter, tiny bit of vegemite. Deelish! Probably not as delicious as S’more Pie though!

• Jessica — February 15th, 2011 @ 9:31 pm

Well, I’m certainly all about heaps and heaps of butter!

Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine — February 15, 2011 @ 12:17 pm

That last picture is awesome. I haven’t had s’mores in ages, but whenever I do I eat all the pieces separately. Weird, right?

• Jessica — February 15th, 2011 @ 12:19 pm

Really?? I can’t imagine! I love the combination all mashed together.

Heather — February 15, 2011 @ 12:17 pm

Oh.my.word! Excuse me while I go clean the drool off my computer screen now! That looks incredible! I’d be glad to come eat Mr. How Sweet’s half! ;)

Blond Duck — February 15, 2011 @ 12:18 pm

Sob. Why did Ben pick this week to go on a diet?

VeggieGirl — February 15, 2011 @ 12:30 pm

I want this for my birthday, oh man.

Nicole, RD — February 15, 2011 @ 12:37 pm

Smores are hands down the greatest thing on earth. There’s really nothing better!!

P.S. I made the blueberry cakes and they exploded everywhere! How big are your ramekins? I didn’t have any problems with the pumpkin version but these were too much…way too much…batter :( I am going to try them again this weekend.

• Jessica — February 15th, 2011 @ 12:41 pm

Really?! That is so weird! The recipe is identical to the pumpkin spice cakes, just swapping yogurt for the pumpkin. My ramekins are about 2 1/2 wide by 2 1/2 high. Maybe because yogurt is more liquid-y than pumpkin?? I have no clue but mine didn’t explode. Maybe make a third ramekin instead??

kristina @ life as kristina — February 15, 2011 @ 12:38 pm

That is the coolest looking thing! I love smores-every spring/summer i’m begging my fiance to have a fire!

Naomi(onefitfoodie) — February 15, 2011 @ 12:41 pm

this looks so indulgently ridiculous!!!! smores is one of my favorites too! (well besides key lime pie :) )

Vicky @ Recipe Adaptors — February 15, 2011 @ 12:41 pm

Looks great, although I have never eaten a single s’more, let alone multiple s’mores…..I think I am missing out!

• Jessica — February 15th, 2011 @ 12:44 pm

Never?! You are definitely missing out!

• Vicky @ Recipe Adaptors — February 15th, 2011 @ 12:50 pm

As Hannah said, they are not a thing in Australia, and not in the UK either (where I am originally from). A great shame by the sound of it.

Vegemite however, is definitely something that you would find ‘interesting’! (I love it on toast with cheese!)

• Jessica — February 15th, 2011 @ 12:52 pm

I guess I must try it! :)

Liz — February 15, 2011 @ 12:41 pm

GORGEOUS, decadent pie…the shot with all the toasted marshmallows is amazing!!!

Sarena (The Non Dairy Queen) — February 15, 2011 @ 12:45 pm

Tony just asked me the other day if I would make him a smore’s pie after I mastered the gluten free crust for him. This looks insanely good! Who doesn’t love smore’s anything?

Tiffany @ Conor & Bella — February 15, 2011 @ 12:46 pm

Yum, I love s’mores! One of my fave things.

Jil @ Big City, Lil Kitchen — February 15, 2011 @ 12:48 pm

Holy crap – this looks incredible.

Heather — February 15, 2011 @ 12:48 pm

seriously, my heart just melted. i hate marshmallows…unless they’re on s’mores! i need this. pretty please.

• am — February 15th, 2011 @ 2:43 pm

have you ever made your own marshmallow? jesus.

i made mallomars in xmas ’09 after the daring bakers made them earlier that year(*). moan. also, amazingly fun to make (texture is like effing magic when it comes together) and probably *the* biggest difference i’ve encountered in a foodstuff made at home when compared to the better-known version we usually buy packaged.

(* meaning, if you wanna give it a try, google for that, because i can vouch for that recipe–if you’ll take my word for it, anyway)

• Jessica — February 15th, 2011 @ 2:48 pm

I haven’t. I’ve wanted to try them forever.

Stephanie — February 15, 2011 @ 12:54 pm

Your creativity never ceases to amaze me!!! I’d gobble up this pie in no time, love me some smores!

So now maybe you can start creating some amazing recipes using Chobani — did you see their new commercial? Starring yours truly…. ?!?! ;)

• Jessica — February 15th, 2011 @ 1:00 pm

I did!! You were SO amazing in it. It was funny too – reminded me of an episode of The Office. :)

Liz @ Blog is the New Black — February 15, 2011 @ 1:00 pm

I heart smores! I made smores cupcakes that were insanely delish, but not photogenice nor blogworthy!

Kristen @ That Hoosier Girl — February 15, 2011 @ 1:06 pm

My husband doesn’t like marshmellows! (gasp!) What is wrong with these guys?! Just means more for me! hehe

Lauren at KeepItSweet — February 15, 2011 @ 1:17 pm

That looks incredible! Especially since you have the marshmallows browned so perfectly…. yum!!!

Erica — February 15, 2011 @ 1:18 pm

gah that is gorgeous! The marshmallows look so pretty toasted on top! I love anything with a graham cracker crust. Hope you’re having a wonderful day Jessica!

MelissaNibbles — February 15, 2011 @ 1:19 pm

This looks great! I’ve made a similar one using instant pudding.

Wei-Wei — February 15, 2011 @ 1:20 pm

My friend loves marshmallows, so for her birthday in September, I made a s’mores pie with a graham cracker crust (literally a big, baked graham cracker in the pie pan), melted chocolate, and a layer of piped meringue. It wasn’t toasted very well, but it sure was tasty.

Bethany @Bridezilla Bakes — February 15, 2011 @ 1:21 pm

Oh my goodness… delicious and beautiful. Love that photo of the graham crackers being poured into a bowl of melted butter… ahmazing!

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat — February 15, 2011 @ 1:26 pm

Oh my goodness. This sounds amazing and I LOVE the photos of the golden marshmallows. I’m totally with you on the “tarts are great but why not make a whole pie”.. I like your thinking!

The Blue-Eyed Bakers — February 15, 2011 @ 1:37 pm

Helloooo lovely! This looks AMAZING. AMAAAAAZING!

Mackenzie@The Caramel Cookie — February 15, 2011 @ 1:56 pm

YUM! I am a total s’mores addict too

Katie — February 15, 2011 @ 2:10 pm

s’more s’mores! Yes please! This looks like something my grandma would make…which is a huge compliment. :-)

The Chocolate Priestess — February 15, 2011 @ 2:10 pm

Oh, look at all those big fluffy marshmallows? If you used mini ones could you adjust the time or temp to make it?

• Jessica — February 15th, 2011 @ 2:28 pm

You don’t put the marshmallows on until the very end, so if you want to use minis I would just sprinkle them on then watch them the entire time they are in the oven – maybe 1-2 minutes? It really just depends.

Kelly — February 15, 2011 @ 2:19 pm

How are you this smart…..

Jill Colonna — February 15, 2011 @ 2:19 pm

What a brilliant idea. Cake looks scrumptious but also love making a cake just for yourself ;-) Not so lucky since in our house I know this one would definitely disappear in a jiffy!

Erin F — February 15, 2011 @ 2:27 pm

Oh my goodness I think I’m in love!! I’m getting married over the 4th of July weekend and want to make some sort of s’mores treat as wedding favors – I bet this would make a great mini pie (or 100)!

Elle — February 15, 2011 @ 2:37 pm

Wow. Just WOW. Me likey!

Melissa — February 15, 2011 @ 2:39 pm

I need to attempt an individual portion of this. I am quite confident that making the whole thing would cause my world to explode. Or my pants. Either one.

I do a smores sundae with vanilla ice cream, bittersweet hot fudge, marshmallows & crushed graham crackers. Best thing ever!

Jennifer (keepitsimplefoods) — February 15, 2011 @ 2:40 pm

Whoa! I think you’ve just out done yourself.

brandi — February 15, 2011 @ 2:45 pm

ooh, we love s’mores! Love that last picture :)

Elizabeth@The Sweet Life — February 15, 2011 @ 2:57 pm

Oh heavens–who needs slices? Give me a spoon and the whole pie and I’ll go to town!

Sommer J — February 15, 2011 @ 3:00 pm

Genius idea! Looks damn good! My children would tear this apart. May make this for my son’s second birthday!

Lori @ RecipeGirl — February 15, 2011 @ 3:01 pm

Girl, how are you making all this stuff? Seriously. I’m sure you get that question all the time (as do I!), but MAN you make some good sweets :)

Tulika — February 15, 2011 @ 3:03 pm

oh. em. gee. s’mores are my favorite!! i’ll DEF be making this in the very near future. that picture of the slice with the melted marshmallows… sigh.

1 2 3 4

1. Pingback: Tweets that mention S'mores Pie | How Sweet It Is -- Topsy.com

2. Pingback: S’mores Pie | Foodbeast S’mores Pie | The Premiere Food News Resource

3. Pingback: Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Muffins | How Sweet It Is

24. Pingback: The Last Supper…of 2011 « Oh Wells Instead Of What Ifs

25. Pingback: S’mores Pie | A Sweeter Thing

26. Pingback: World’s Ugliest Pie | MicaPie

27. Pingback: I will not make a s’mores pun | Kat in the Kitch

28. Pingback: S’mores Pie-Easy and Delicious! | YouPlusStyle

29. Pingback: Ingredients, Inc.11 Labor Day Recipes

30. Pingback: S’mores Pie for Pi Day (and holy crap, I remembered Pi day!)

31. Pingback: S'mores Pie - Spicy Sweet and Petite