S’mores Pie.

This may be a bit ridiculous.

S'mores Pie I howsweeteats.com

And it just may be one of the best desserts I’ve ever made.
You might remember that last year I whipped up some mini s’mores tarts. They were fabulous, but I must have had a few screws loose. Why didn’t I just make an entire pie?

S'mores Pie I howsweeteats.com

Oh! I remember why. Because my husband doesn’t like s’mores. He’s apparently from another planet. Can’t he just sacrifice his taste buds for my favorite flavor combination?

I guess not.
I ended up with an entire pie. In my house. In my fridge. With only one person to eat it.

Dreams do come true!

S'mores Pie I howsweeteats.com

Welcome to my new favorite dessert. Did your pants button pop yet?

S'mores Pie I howsweeteats.com

Pleeeeeease make this. I’m begging you. I need someone to share the love with me since Mr. How Sweet would rather eat chicken and steak than s’mores.
And I’m warning you: It may not be pretty once cut.

As long as you chill it, you should get a semblance of a slice out. But if that fails, just go to town with a spoon. Trust me, no one will care. They are eating s’mores pie after all! Seriously, it’s not like you could wait to cut it anyway. Unless you’re superhuman.

I might have found myself kneeling on the kitchen floor, spoon in hand and head in fridge, scooping out s’mores pie bites.

S'mores Pie I howsweeteats.com

And I still have the crumbs on my kitchen floor to prove it.

S'mores Pie I howsweeteats.com

[print_this]

S’mores Pie

for crust

1 3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs

1 1/4 sticks butter, melted

Preheat oven to 325.

Add melted butter and graham cracker crumbs together until a crust forms. Press in to a 9 inch pie plate.

for chocolate filling (from Tyler Florence)

1 cup heavy cream

1/2 cup milk

10 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped

2 tablespoons sugar

1/4 teaspoon salt

2 eggs

1 bag of large marshmallows

Combine milk and heavy cream in a saucepan and heat over low heat. Watch carefully and once it begins to simmer, remove from heat and add in chocolate. Stir with a spatula until chocolate is melted, then whisk in sugar and salt. In a separate bowl, lightly beat the 2 eggs. Slowly add eggs to chocolate mixture while whisking.

Pour chocolate filling in to graham crust. Tyler’s directions call for the filling to be baked for 15-20 minutes, but mine needed about 30-35. Pay attention and check every 5-10 minutes after 20 minutes pass. One the chocolate is no longer liquid, remove the tart and top with as many large marshmallows as you can fit. I heated my broiled on low, and stuck the pie back in for 2 minutes so the top could get golden. The other option is to just place it back in the oven for a few minutes until they melt or use a kitchen torch.

Let cool then refrigerate for 1-2 hours before cutting. Spray a knife with non-stick spray before slicing. If it is messy, just lift pieces out with a spoon. It’s just as delicious!

[/print_this]

S'mores Pie I howsweeteats.com

I might need a s’mores detox. Or s’mores rehab.

But really… I just need s’more s’mores. I’m an addict.

265 Responses to “S’mores Pie.”

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg — February 15, 2011 @ 3:04 pm

I LOVE this!!! Those pictures are awesome!

melissa — February 15, 2011 @ 3:10 pm

OMG.

Elizabeth — February 15, 2011 @ 3:12 pm

I had a couple of my girlfriends to my house this weekend and one of them made a vegan s’mores pie… it was so delicious, I had never had a s’mores pie… can’t wait to make it (or maybe a non vegan version)!

Maryea {Happy Healthy Mama} — February 15, 2011 @ 3:14 pm

Oh this brings me to camp fires in the summer. YUM!

Sandra@Sandra's Easy Cooking — February 15, 2011 @ 3:15 pm

Masterpiece! Looks amazing and I love your photos!

SherRon — February 15, 2011 @ 3:23 pm

Just this weekend I was watching “The best thing I ever ate: chocolate:” and they had a smores pie. I KNEW I had to make it and then this pops up. I’m pretty sure it is a sign. Thanks for sharing!

• Jessica — February 15th, 2011 @ 4:22 pm

Ah! Who said it was the best ever? I need to see that episode!

Barb — February 15, 2011 @ 3:26 pm

I’m going to try this over the weekend for a co-worker’s going away lunch on Monday. Your posts are not helping with my attempts to diet!

• Jessica — February 15th, 2011 @ 4:22 pm

Let me know how it turns out!

Lauren from Lauren's Latest — February 15, 2011 @ 3:26 pm

I need to make this.

Gaby — February 15, 2011 @ 3:28 pm

you’ve got to be kidding me!!! I absolutely need this in my life ASAP~!!

Jess — February 15, 2011 @ 3:35 pm

that marshmallow topping looks like a cloud of love, i want to be a care bear and take a big nap on it. but maybe take a teeny bite first.
    triple chocolate cake balls.

Shanna @ Shanna Like Banana — February 15, 2011 @ 3:40 pm

That is a thing of beauty. And I want to stuff my face in it!

Lindsey @ Lindselicious — February 15, 2011 @ 3:52 pm

YUM! Awesome job- I can’t wait to try and maybe add in a layer of caramel.

Ashley — February 15, 2011 @ 3:54 pm

You’re right! Reeeediculous!

Maria — February 15, 2011 @ 4:06 pm

Too good to be true!

Amy at TheSceneFromMe — February 15, 2011 @ 4:09 pm

I am right there with you girl! We have a lot of campfires during the summer and fall and smores is something we always make. I love to squish a Reese’s in between my graham crackers and marshmallow! So good :)

• Jessica — February 15th, 2011 @ 4:21 pm

That sounds so good!

Moni'sMeals — February 15, 2011 @ 4:17 pm

NO WAY! OMG that looks just too good, This would be great to entertain with too. :)

Alaina - The Jogging Concierge — February 15, 2011 @ 4:19 pm

*mouth just hit floor* I just saw this kind of pie featured on the Food Network! I can’t wait to make this! :-)

Another Heather — February 15, 2011 @ 4:21 pm

That looks like a pan of pure sin. Sign me up.

Kacy — February 15, 2011 @ 4:36 pm

I want those toasty marshmallows!!

Marie Baars — February 15, 2011 @ 4:37 pm

I think you read my mind! I was laying in bed this morning trying to think of some sort of dessert to make when company comes over tonight and then I was remembering the HUGE bag of graham cracker crumbs I bought and thought I really should use those up.
    I will make this! Only I am going to double it and try it in a 9×13…because I think we have 15 people to feed…

Marie Baars — February 15, 2011 @ 4:38 pm

PS. I must be in a totally different time zone…its only 8:35 am here and it appears that it is 4:30 pm where ever the rest of you are :)

• Jessica — February 15th, 2011 @ 5:20 pm

The timing on this thing is weird. I don’t understand it. It’s only 12:15 here. :)

Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries — February 15, 2011 @ 4:43 pm

I adore looking at your amazing photos of delicious food.

Camille — February 15, 2011 @ 4:43 pm

Oh. My. Gosh! There’s no way I could have this entire thing in my house. I wouldn’t be able to control myself.

Brenna [fabuleuxdestin] — February 15, 2011 @ 4:45 pm

Comment from my roomate: “she’s out of control! Someone has to rein her in!” on looking at this DELICIOUS PIE! we’re going to make it soon for sure!!!

Pete — February 15, 2011 @ 5:20 pm

This looks absolutely amazing. However, you’ll have to try it with homemade marshmallow frosting one of these days:

That stuff is the bomb-diggity.

Natalia - a side of simple — February 15, 2011 @ 5:24 pm

You say “ridiculous” like it’s a bad thing. No need. Nothing that brings the comfort of summer night campfires and melty, gooey chocolate and marshmallows together could EVER be ridiculous. ever.

vanillasugarblog — February 15, 2011 @ 5:28 pm

now that looks like fun. and by fun i mean YUMMY!

Leah @ Why Deprive? — February 15, 2011 @ 5:30 pm

Ok, now I need some kind of occasion, or family get together so I can make this pie.
    I love when other people’s recipes make me look like a genius. :)

A Bowl Of Mush — February 15, 2011 @ 5:38 pm

Amaaaazing!! Im definitely making this! Yum!

Amanda (Eating Up) — February 15, 2011 @ 5:44 pm

The marshmallows make it look beautiful! Like a fluffy cloud I want to stick my head into!

mommabean — February 15, 2011 @ 5:51 pm

I’m wondering if I should make this before or after I go for my run…And, um, I’m in the same boat as you in that I would be the only one of the four in my household who would enjoy this pie, as no one else likes s’mores. Darn it. ;)

Rachel @ The Avid Appetite — February 15, 2011 @ 5:55 pm

Those golden marshmallows are calling my name. You are a genius. ‘Nuff said.

mary (sisters running the kitchen) — February 15, 2011 @ 6:08 pm

i can’t believe how amazing this looks! wow! how does your husband not like this?! that is ridiculous!! hahaha. One s’mores pie for one person = trouble!!!

cakeologist — February 15, 2011 @ 6:11 pm

I needed something to take to my friend’s tonight and now I know what that something will be!

Megan (Braise The Roof) — February 15, 2011 @ 6:16 pm

I don’t understand how a person can go through life not liking s’mores. Not that I’m judging or anything. :)

Kristen@PrettySweet — February 15, 2011 @ 6:19 pm

That is beautimous! Wow! And I’m in the same boat…my husband doesn’t really like marshmallows, so he’s not crazy about s’mores. Me, I am definitely crazy about s’mores. This pie was a fantastic idea!!

Michelle — February 15, 2011 @ 6:29 pm

My boyfriend would LOVE this. I’m definitely adding it to my “to make” list.

Vicki @ Wilde in the Kitchen — February 15, 2011 @ 6:56 pm

This looks amazing and delicious! I would gladly come over and help you eat it, silly silly husband!

emily @ the happy home — February 15, 2011 @ 7:24 pm

oh, honey. that’s just beautiful.

stephchows — February 15, 2011 @ 7:30 pm

oh my word… that sounds like heaven!!!

Aggie — February 15, 2011 @ 7:33 pm

WOW!!!! look at those marshmallows!

Eliana — February 15, 2011 @ 7:43 pm

I could surely go for a huge slice of this right now because that huge slice with the goopy marshmallow is making my mouth water.

Lauren O. — February 15, 2011 @ 7:55 pm

You are pure evil! I can’t resist S’mores ANTHING and I’m on a diet! Sadly the pictures will have to satisfy me for now :)

Jenny — February 15, 2011 @ 7:55 pm

i dont’ even know what to do with this, someone needs to SELL it is all i’m sayin. Or maybe i should make a years worth and freeze it. oh my

Rachel — February 15, 2011 @ 8:05 pm

Wow. This looks amazing. Your blog is going to make me fat. Well, more fat than I already am, since I just had a baby. I have to try this!

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking — February 15, 2011 @ 8:21 pm

Wow talk about awesome!! This looks so wonderful. Thanks so much for sharing the recipe. I always love reading your blog!

Salah@myhealthiestlife — February 15, 2011 @ 8:42 pm

omg this looks amazing!!!

Kim in MD — February 15, 2011 @ 9:22 pm

That looks amazing-I love S’mores! I can’t believe you were brave enough to bake it in a glass (Pyrex?) dish! After your brownie “explosion”, I would be scared to death to ever bake in glass again! YIKES! :-)

• Jessica — February 15th, 2011 @ 9:32 pm

I actually baked this before that happened! They day before in fact. I’m glad it happened with the brownies and not these – I think I would have cried over s’mores pie in my oven. But the good news – I got some other pie plates I can use now that aren’t pyrex!

Steph@stephsbitebybite — February 15, 2011 @ 9:26 pm

A warm campfire, a tent and some stars are now calling my name…this makes me wanna go camping (with stretchy pants obviously) LOL!!

Kathy — February 15, 2011 @ 10:00 pm

YAY!!! It wasn’t veggies under the roasted marshmallows!!! I think I’ve died and gone to heaven. If so, I hope this pie is waiting for me!!!