S’mores Pie.

This may be a bit ridiculous.

S'mores Pie I howsweeteats.com

And it just may be one of the best desserts I’ve ever made.
You might remember that last year I whipped up some mini s’mores tarts. They were fabulous, but I must have had a few screws loose. Why didn’t I just make an entire pie?

S'mores Pie I howsweeteats.com

Oh! I remember why. Because my husband doesn’t like s’mores. He’s apparently from another planet. Can’t he just sacrifice his taste buds for my favorite flavor combination?

I guess not.
I ended up with an entire pie. In my house. In my fridge. With only one person to eat it.

Dreams do come true!

S'mores Pie I howsweeteats.com

Welcome to my new favorite dessert. Did your pants button pop yet?

S'mores Pie I howsweeteats.com

Pleeeeeease make this. I’m begging you. I need someone to share the love with me since Mr. How Sweet would rather eat chicken and steak than s’mores.
And I’m warning you: It may not be pretty once cut.

As long as you chill it, you should get a semblance of a slice out. But if that fails, just go to town with a spoon. Trust me, no one will care. They are eating s’mores pie after all! Seriously, it’s not like you could wait to cut it anyway. Unless you’re superhuman.

I might have found myself kneeling on the kitchen floor, spoon in hand and head in fridge, scooping out s’mores pie bites.

S'mores Pie I howsweeteats.com

And I still have the crumbs on my kitchen floor to prove it.

S'mores Pie I howsweeteats.com

[print_this]

S’mores Pie

for crust

1 3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs

1 1/4 sticks butter, melted

Preheat oven to 325.

Add melted butter and graham cracker crumbs together until a crust forms. Press in to a 9 inch pie plate.

for chocolate filling (from Tyler Florence)

1 cup heavy cream

1/2 cup milk

10 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped

2 tablespoons sugar

1/4 teaspoon salt

2 eggs

1 bag of large marshmallows

Combine milk and heavy cream in a saucepan and heat over low heat. Watch carefully and once it begins to simmer, remove from heat and add in chocolate. Stir with a spatula until chocolate is melted, then whisk in sugar and salt. In a separate bowl, lightly beat the 2 eggs. Slowly add eggs to chocolate mixture while whisking.

Pour chocolate filling in to graham crust. Tyler’s directions call for the filling to be baked for 15-20 minutes, but mine needed about 30-35. Pay attention and check every 5-10 minutes after 20 minutes pass. One the chocolate is no longer liquid, remove the tart and top with as many large marshmallows as you can fit. I heated my broiled on low, and stuck the pie back in for 2 minutes so the top could get golden. The other option is to just place it back in the oven for a few minutes until they melt or use a kitchen torch.

Let cool then refrigerate for 1-2 hours before cutting. Spray a knife with non-stick spray before slicing. If it is messy, just lift pieces out with a spoon. It’s just as delicious!

[/print_this]

S'mores Pie I howsweeteats.com

I might need a s’mores detox. Or s’mores rehab.

But really… I just need s’more s’mores. I’m an addict.

267 Responses to “S’mores Pie.”

Avanika (Yumsilicious Bakes) — March 13, 2011 @ 3:53 pm

My oh my Jessica why do you do this to me? I’ve only now fallen in love with s’mores, and now I’m totally craving this!

Tonia Sanders @thechattymomma — March 19, 2011 @ 1:11 pm

WOW, that looks nothing like the s’mores I made this week with my daughter. It looks waaaaaay better. LOL…I want some! Thanks to @TheLicensingCo for sending me this link. :)

Kelly — April 21, 2011 @ 8:28 pm

Just made this… amazing!

Allie T — May 14, 2011 @ 4:23 am

Hey Jessica. First let me say that I didn’t dig the whole blog scene until I found yours and fell in love with your recipes. I need your advice. I was thinking about trying to make the s’more pie in a 9X13. Do you think I should triple or quadrouple the chocolate filling? It is for a potluck so something this messy might not be a good idea anyways. Any suggestions for something that will blow them all away?

• Jessica — May 14th, 2011 @ 8:13 am

Hi Allie! I actually think you will only need to double the recipe? I think it would be perfect for the potluck – like a s’mores casserole? I doubt you’ll be able to cut slices but you could use a spoon to scoop some out just like you would with potato casserole, etc. I think it’s a great idea! Not sure how long you should cook the filling though, I would increase the time by 10-15 minutes and then just watch it carefully.

• Allie T — May 14th, 2011 @ 2:34 pm

Thanks Jessica. One last question, do you think I’ll be alright with chocolate chips or should I get baking chocolate? S’more casserole, rock n roll! (Maybe I’ll put that on a shirt :)

• Jessica — May 14th, 2011 @ 5:24 pm

I think chocolate chips will work!

• Tiff — July 7th, 2011 @ 5:52 pm

I made this pie last night (DELISH!!) and I used semi-sweet chocolate chips that I chopped up, and it turned out great.

erica — May 17, 2011 @ 2:59 am

I can’t wait to try it. it’s in the oven at the moment

Kim — May 18, 2011 @ 11:22 pm

I baked this for dessert tonight and oh gosh, I’m in heaven. My family loved it too, my sister came back for seconds! It not only tasted good, but it also spooned out of the pan very well, I was really surprised. I also made your Crispy honey ginger chicken tonight and my family loved that as well. Your recipes are not only delicious but pretty fun to make!

Maggie — May 24, 2011 @ 10:30 pm

I mixed Dark Chocolate Dreams into the chocolate mixture and ate this with chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream topped with extra graham crack pieces. MOUTHGASM. Thank you!!

• Maggie — May 24th, 2011 @ 10:31 pm

Make that cracker pieces… but this pie is seriously crack.

kate — June 5, 2011 @ 1:18 pm

Hi Jessica,
    I love your recipes, and your website. My question is, my daughter can’t eat heavy cream or homo
    milk, but I would love to make this smores pie recipe. Can I substitute the heavy cream with something else?

Thanks!
    Kate

Andree — June 22, 2011 @ 7:16 am

Could you use Marshmallow Fluff for the topping, or would it be too “liquidy?” Have you tried it? (Please don’t hate me: I am a s’mores virgin.)

• Jessica — June 22nd, 2011 @ 7:56 am

I think you could! It make be difficult to spread but I think it could work?? I haven’t tried it.

Victoria — June 28, 2011 @ 5:52 pm

Oh this is amazing. Anything S’mores is delicious. I featured this on my blog: http://vixenmade.blogspot.com/2011/06/i-want-smore.html

megan — July 5, 2011 @ 10:40 am

yum

Tiff — July 7, 2011 @ 5:46 pm

I made this last night…..it’s already gone. It was heaven in my mouth.

Special K — July 12, 2011 @ 2:58 am

I made this pie this weekend for a BBQ and it was a HIT! I was using an electric oven so I ended up doubling the time to cook it- and that was only until I began to see the chocolate at the top dry with minimal cracks at the top. I used regular marshmellows for the topping and it came out great! I can’t wait to make another one just for me! Thanks for the recipe!!

ashley — July 12, 2011 @ 4:05 pm

i would totally join in on eating this! but it would be dangerous to make for just myself!

Jo Ann — July 31, 2011 @ 7:23 pm

I made this pie this afternoon. Just finished having some for dessert after dinner….OMG!!!! YUMMMMMM-MMMEEEEEEEE! I used a store bought graham cracker crust, the extra large, 2 extra serving size. It worked perfectly! I didn’t have heavy cream, but used my fat free half and half that I use in my coffee, again worked perfectly. I can’t wait to share this recipe….

FoodLover — August 14, 2011 @ 9:44 pm

Thanks for this fantastic recipe! Quick note — if you want the pie filling to hold together, but still want the marshmallows to be warm and gooey (and who doesn’t!), then chill the pie first and then top with marshmallows and pop it under your oven broiler on low for a couple of minutes right before serving. Otherwise, the marshmallows get firm in the fridge — although zapping a slice in the microwave for 20 seconds softens it up :-).

Keenly Kristin — August 15, 2011 @ 10:56 pm

OMG! This looks like pure bliss. My kids are gonna die when I make this…

Thanks!!

Kim — September 9, 2011 @ 9:22 pm

Made it. Ate it. Doin’ it again tomorrow. Thanks heaps!

Therapeutic Threads — October 20, 2011 @ 3:52 pm

I love S’mores and this pie is a favorite. I’m making this today for our school’s huge Carnival fundraiser for the cake/pie walk. I’m sure it will be gone in an instant! Thanks for sharing!

imhungry — November 21, 2011 @ 12:29 pm

i just orgamed

imhungry — November 21, 2011 @ 12:30 pm

my bad i just had a orgasm

Tracy — November 23, 2011 @ 10:58 pm

This is our new favorite dessert. I use semisweet chocolate chips for the chocolate filling and it turns out fine. The first time I made it, I didn’t have heavy cream, so I just used 1 1/2 cups of half and half -with no problems. It’s a very adaptable recipe! I don’t even use the two tablespoons of sugar. This chocolate filling is also just as delicious baked in a regular pastry crust and then topped with fresh raspberries that you brush with melted raspberry jam! I bake it for 40-45 minutes.

• Sophie Lesher — November 21st, 2012 @ 2:40 pm

thanks for the 1/2 and 1/2 tip! i forgot to put heavy cream on my shopping list, and the look on my dad’s face when i asked that he make a fourth trip to the store broke my heart, haha – used what i had (EXACTLY 1 and 1/2 cups) and worked out great!

nicole — January 15, 2012 @ 5:47 pm

I have to make this…soon. It looks delicious. I found your blog today and have really enjoyed reading it.

Diane — February 2, 2012 @ 3:18 pm

The comments sealed the deal! Going to make this for DIL’s birthday PIE :)

Erin B. — February 14, 2012 @ 6:06 pm

I’m making thisfor my hubby for Valentine’s Day. He loves s’mores! I’m allergic to chocolate, so I’m going to make one for me substituting peanut butter chips for chocolate chips :)

Monica — February 16, 2012 @ 10:49 am

Jessica- can I make this in a store bought graham cracker crust? Does it need to be a specific size/ should I change the oven temp?

Thanks sO much and really looking forward to making this!

• Jessica — February 16th, 2012 @ 4:53 pm

Yes store bought will work! Probably a 9-inch and you will be okay.

Kim — February 22, 2012 @ 11:19 pm

One hour and 10 minutes into baking my double batch 9×13 pan and it is still the consistency of unset jello (kinda getting firm but still really jiggling). HELP!! How long can this thing bake? Do I just take it out?

• Jessica — February 23rd, 2012 @ 8:12 am

I’m honestly not sure, I’ve never doubled the recipe and doubling it may be a little much for a 9×13? Hope you got it figured out!

Beck E — March 5, 2012 @ 1:59 pm

Hey, I’m just dying to try this! I was wondering if I could substitute the graham cracker crumbs for something like digestive biscuits? I use them all the time to make cheesecake bases but I’ve never made a S’mores before and I can’t get my hands on graham crackers. Help please!

Jade M. — March 18, 2012 @ 12:28 am

I have never made a pie from scratch. Never ever.
    So what’s the first thing I ever made? S’mores pie.
    I have it in the fridge now so I’m just waiting to dig in. :D

Julia — April 1, 2012 @ 7:44 pm

Thanks so much for this wonderful recipe. I made it this morning and put in in the fridge until after supper. I used a store-bought graham cracker crust, but otherwise followed the recipe. It cut perfectly! I have to say, this is one of the best pies I’ve ever eaten. My family really enjoyed it and I will definitely be making it again.

Angela Weinzinger — April 16, 2012 @ 1:16 am

Looks like the perfect dessert to make at my daughter’s girls camp this summer. I am the head cook this year and here in N. CA having campfires are out of the question. So we will make smores a diffent way. One way or the other the girls will have smores at camp!

Agnes — April 29, 2012 @ 1:11 pm

Once the pie is completely made, do I have to leave it in the frig. My grandchildren went wild. They want me to make one every day.

M? — May 10, 2012 @ 10:13 pm

YYYYYYYYYUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Panda — May 20, 2012 @ 11:03 am

hello. i’m a 1st timer at this.
    what’s heavy cream? how can i get it? please help!

Shelley — July 7, 2012 @ 3:18 pm

subbed in coconut milk for the dairy and added a tbsp of bourbon to the filling. it was a big hit at dinner! coconut milk doesn’t behave like dairy and the next day after some time in the fridge it was a bit grainy but with that much chocolaty sugary goodness who cares. yum! thanks for the inspiration :)

Erika — July 11, 2012 @ 12:41 pm

Just made this last night and it was super easy and Oh so delish! Tastes better after being chilled. Thanks for the recipe!

ELLENANDMOL — July 16, 2012 @ 4:20 pm
    Paula — August 6, 2012 @ 2:39 pm

I love S’mores so of course wanted to make this pie. I made it for my son’s birthday and it was a hit. It has the perfect amount of crust, filling and topping! Amazing, I cannot wait to make it again.

Megan S. — August 17, 2012 @ 10:45 pm

Made this tonight for a family BBQ. Super easy to make and sooo delicious. It was really rich, but we served it with ice cream, so that helped cut the rich-ness. Also, I let it cool about an hour in the fridge and it was still a bit warm, but not at all a mess to cut and serve. I was really surprised that it served up so nicely. Thanks, Jess – it was a big hit!

Paula — November 18, 2012 @ 11:00 am

OMG – the best pie ever!!! Every time I make it every one loves it and asks for the recipe.

Sophie Lesher — November 21, 2012 @ 2:49 pm

every year for thanksgiving, we make chocolate cream pie – good, but boring. this year, i’m switching it up! made it this afternoon, and will let it chill overnight and broil the mallows on top tomorrow :3 thanks for the recipe and gorgeous pics!

alex — September 9, 2013 @ 8:30 pm

does this dish do well a couple days after its been prepared? Im curious if the marshmallows would become gross

Nina — December 15, 2013 @ 3:21 am

I saw this recipe on Buzzfeed and had to try it. It was delicious! I used a store bought crust and it worked out fine. It is hard to cut with the marshmallow on top (even after 12 hours in the fridge) so I might put them on later next time. But everyone devoured it!