Things I’m over: snow, rain, ice, below freezing temperatures, shoveling, gloves, slush, short days.

Things I’m craving: sun, warmth, breezy days, water, sand, chilled glasses of riesling.

And when I say glasses, I mean bottles.

56 Responses to “Some Place Else I’d Rather Be.”

Kristina @ spabettie — February 1, 2011 @ 7:35 pm

totally have Spring Fever right now… and here it’s not even snowing but it IS cold…

Cheers!

Natalie @ While I Breathe — February 1, 2011 @ 7:35 pm

hehe i have 2 bottles in my fridge right now…. they may be calling my name when i get home… will need something to prepare me to deal with the morning commute in pgh tomorrow

p.s. thanks for the superbowl post

Bethany @Bridezilla Bakes — February 1, 2011 @ 7:35 pm

oh man. YES PLEASE take me there. We’re just waiting for a HUGE dump of snow over here… even the Chicagoans are running scared. Bad sign.

Dishes of Mrs. Fish — February 1, 2011 @ 7:36 pm

I’m sick of being sick. Winter needs to go away!

Beth @ Beth's Journey to Thin — February 1, 2011 @ 7:37 pm

Oh man. Can I come? :)

Lauren at KeepItSweet — February 1, 2011 @ 7:37 pm

Those pictures are making me tear up a little.

Melissa @ "EatontheRun" — February 1, 2011 @ 7:37 pm

When you go to said places above, I will hitching a ride :)

Jessica @ Dairy Free Betty — February 1, 2011 @ 7:38 pm

Yay!!! I’m going to be in the sunshine soon!! My destination wedding is coming up fast! We leave in 10 days!!!!!!!!!!! woo hooooooooo

Allison — February 1, 2011 @ 7:38 pm

These photos just depressed the crap out of me. I live in Boston, just to give you an idea of what I’m dealing with up here. Le sigh.

Amanda (Eating Up) — February 1, 2011 @ 7:39 pm

I’m with you on this one.

Jil @ Big City, Lil Kitchen — February 1, 2011 @ 7:39 pm

I hear you…I hear you.

Charisse — February 1, 2011 @ 7:40 pm

I am definitely craving sunlight – there’s not much of that here in Ithaca to go around. But trust…every time there is – I go get it!!! No matter how cold it is outside.

Eliana — February 1, 2011 @ 7:42 pm

I want to go with you to this place

Hallie — February 1, 2011 @ 7:43 pm

Come to San Diego! Seriously I feel bad for everyone who doesn’t live here.

Maryea @ Happy Healthy Mama — February 1, 2011 @ 7:45 pm

I hear you sista! I am so over winter.

Marisa @ Loser for Life — February 1, 2011 @ 7:48 pm

You and me both, sister! I’m ready to pack my bags!!!

Cheryl Stoy — February 1, 2011 @ 7:50 pm

It is -2 below (Windchill is -11) and high today was 9 degrees on the eastern Colorado plains. I have long johns, thermals, wool cap, two pairs of socks plus a pair of thermal socks and a pair of sweats on. You should see what happens when I get one of my middle-aged hot flashes and frantically start tearing half of it off for 5 minutes. Not amusing.

We can’t get the sliding glass door to the patio open and I think everything out on the patio is frozen solid. It took us 15 minutes to get the front door open and once we did my husband (who was dressed like an Arctic explorer) screamed, slammed the door and threw the shovel down the hall. We have ice on the inside of some windows and I have no feeling in right hand unless I hold it under hot water. The pipes still work and we still have electricity, but by tonight, the winds will pick up and the wind chill is forecast to be somewhere between -14 and -25.

We would not be surprised to have misguided polar bears and penguins knocking on the door later. Which is okay…I did your roasted tomato pasta and I have a short rib barley stew going in the crock pot…and we plenty of wine and beer…bring it on.

Liz @ Blog is the New Black — February 1, 2011 @ 7:55 pm

Ditto!

Sarena (The Non Dairy Queen) — February 1, 2011 @ 7:56 pm

I am seconding this! I am so over the weather right now!

Eliz@The Sweet Life — February 1, 2011 @ 8:06 pm

Things I’m craving: warm nap on the beach, an ice cream sundae, a long massage, the smell of sunscreen, and a can’t-put-down book!

Cindy Coniglio — February 1, 2011 @ 8:08 pm

You know we love our Reisling. We will consume bottles after May 7th. haha

Marla @ 180turning30 — February 1, 2011 @ 8:08 pm

I’d rather be there, too! Not here in New York City where every ice storm brings me THIS much closer to purchasing a ski mask and wearing it in public!

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg — February 1, 2011 @ 8:12 pm

You and me both, sista.

Low — February 1, 2011 @ 8:17 pm

Oh amen to this. I am so sick of this crap!

Katie — February 1, 2011 @ 8:34 pm

Oooh, I’d rather be there, too! That sunset is making me swoon.

Nina | Salt — February 1, 2011 @ 8:35 pm

Amen. Your photos are heavenly and took us all to a place we would rather be! Thanks for this!

carolinebee — February 1, 2011 @ 9:02 pm

OVER IT.

Gen — February 1, 2011 @ 9:11 pm

I live in Brazil! You could come visit us!!! We have yummy steak, and all of our desserts have at least a can of condensed milk in them! =D

Justeen @ Blissful Baking — February 1, 2011 @ 9:29 pm

I’m totally with you. Snow, snow, go away!!

Michelle — February 1, 2011 @ 9:33 pm

I totally agree. Get this ice and snow outta here already!

Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life — February 1, 2011 @ 9:35 pm

Those photos have me itching for a vcay! I could also use a glass or maybe a bottle of some white wine right about now too!

The Mommy — February 1, 2011 @ 9:37 pm

I’m with you! I could use a glass of wine too, but it’s generally not okay for pregnant women to drink. Luckily, drinking wine and summer will return around the same time for me this year.

Katrina (gluten free gidget) — February 1, 2011 @ 9:47 pm

Should I mention that it’s currently 74 degrees and sunny here in Tampa? ;)

Michelle @ a whole lot of life — February 1, 2011 @ 10:01 pm

Come to California! During my lunch today I had to roll down the windows in my car because I was too hot.

I honestly don’t understand why anyone chooses to live on the East Coast. I went to college in Ithaca NY and four years was enough of that shiz. Seriously.

Naomi(onefitfoodie) — February 1, 2011 @ 10:01 pm

I WANT TO GO THERE!

hate the snow go go go go away!! grrrrr

Christina — February 1, 2011 @ 10:16 pm

I’m with you, so over winter- the cold, the layering, freezing when I step out of bed in the morning. I miss the sun!

Mary (What's Cookin' with Mary) — February 1, 2011 @ 11:09 pm

I wanna go !

jessicaisbaking — February 1, 2011 @ 11:18 pm

totally agree – NJ is not treating me well – I try to make do by looking at all of the spring clothes online!

Hannah — February 2, 2011 @ 1:28 am

Before you get too excited, think about this: Last night in Canberra, it was so hot that even though I went to bed at 2am, i still couldn’t sleep because bugs were landing on my body. True [gross] story.

• Jessica — February 2nd, 2011 @ 3:27 am

I would cry. I despise bugs.

• Hannah — February 2nd, 2011 @ 6:21 am

I screamed into my pillow :P

Kat @ Cupcake Kat — February 2, 2011 @ 2:45 am

I so wish I was there right now!
    When I was in the store today I saw bathing suits (not kidding)! It was crazy especially crazy considering this morning was so cold I actually cried

Caitlin — February 2, 2011 @ 3:57 am

Texas is always here for you..

Although wait for next week because tonight the windchill is meant to be -4

I’m sorry, PA, I thought I left you?

andi — February 2, 2011 @ 7:50 am

so, you’re missing Michigan summers? :)

they (MI summers) almost make up for our craptastic winters. definitely over it already.

Amanda — February 2, 2011 @ 12:45 pm

I am right there with you girl… warmth would be delightful!

yeni — February 2, 2011 @ 2:51 pm

I’m in South Florida and the weather has been great. I’m sorry to see and hear how awful the rest of the country is feeling with these winter storms. And I’m also sorry to report that our beaches are looking just as lovely as the ones in the photos you posted. :(

Those potato nachos look amazing! I think even my toddler will love those. Thanks for the big game recipe ideas!

Stephanie — February 2, 2011 @ 3:17 pm

I am so over the cold too. Here in Minnesota we’ve gotten more snow than we had last year for the entire winter….and it’s only February! I so want Spring or a vacation and I don’t see either one of those in the future anytime soon.

Kathleen @ Kat's Health Corner — February 2, 2011 @ 3:43 pm

Yes! I am totally done with the cold. :)

Amy at TheSceneFromMe — February 2, 2011 @ 7:53 pm

I am so with you on this one! I can’t wait for some warmth to show up!
    We have so much ice covering everything it’s awful! So today I made Nutella Mallow Hearts, Luscious Lemon Pudding Cups, Cherry Tapioca and Cherry Almond Angel Cupcakes. Yep, baking and sugar overload!

• Jessica — February 2nd, 2011 @ 8:46 pm

Oh my gosh. I want to come over.

sasha — February 2, 2011 @ 10:39 pm

the good news is that the groundhog did the right thing (i don’t know if he saw his shadow or not), but it means winter will be over soon!!! i have to cling to anything at this point, i’m SO over this cold.

Jourdan — February 2, 2011 @ 11:38 pm

you and me both sister! this snow and icein indy (all over the country i guess) is no fun at all!

Your cousin who reads this. — February 3, 2011 @ 3:19 am

You should submit these to the chamber of commerce. Their pictures don’t do the town justice.

1. Pingback: Tweets that mention Some Place Else I’d Rather Be. | How Sweet It Is -- Topsy.com