Our oven broke. Right after the cinnamon rolls. It just had too much. Can you blame it? Luckily, a nice man came and fixed it for me today. I’m glad Mr. How Sweet was at work so I didn’t have to hear the constant flow of expletives and obscenities while I wrote out the check. Which is a feat in itself, mind you, since I am from the internet generation and barely know how to fill a check out.

Anyway, oven is fixed, thank goodness. How else do you expect me to continue clogging your arteries?

I ran the dishwasher 4 times over the weekend. Unfortunately, that is probably the next thing to go. If that happens, I probably will stop cooking altogether.

We have this leaning tower of pots and pans in our cupboards. The number of times we want to throw them out the window each day is countless. But we use every single one. Every time I open the door, I envision a bigger kitchen. Every time Mr. How Sweet opens the door, he envisions living alone.

I am absolutely consumed with my love of mushrooms. I have an idea for you: go put an entire stick of butter in a skillet along with 2 cups of mushrooms. Then grill some bread and top it with the mushrooms. I re-made the dinner from last night so I can share it with you. It might possibly be better than it was last night. I am in love.

I’m currently watching 90210. Babyface is singing “When Can I See You Again.” I miss the 90s.

In an attempt to keep the house cleaner, I made a list of cleaning tasks. Then I scribbled my next hair appointment date on the paper too, then I accidentally threw it away. I haven’t cleaned a thing.

Tomorrow’s post is sponsored by my thighs.

40 Responses to “The Day The Cinnamon Rolls Broke My Oven.”

Kacy — February 28, 2011 @ 9:33 pm

If my dishwasher broke I’d move out of my apartment and live in a park. I wouldn’t want any part of that whatsoever.

Cindy — February 28, 2011 @ 9:37 pm

My dishwasher died, DH fixes everything, so luckily I was up and running as soon as he got to the hardware store. Our expletives and obscenities still come, only during the fixing. HAHA.

He then had to fix the dryer and after that the oven stopped working. (because when one thing breaks everything else soon follows)

I had placed aluminum foil on the bottom of the oven to keep pies from baking over and making a mess. Found out that this will kill your heating element. The man at the store where he picked up the new heating element told him to let me know that aluminum foil on the bottom of electric ovens will kill them. My husband thought that was so funny because he didn’t tell the man I was doing that and he still knew why it quit working. The shop owner told my hubby that they almost never burn out, unless we put foil in there. Hmmmmmmmmmm………

• Jessica — February 28th, 2011 @ 9:39 pm

Hahahah oh my gosh!

Tracey — February 28, 2011 @ 9:45 pm

Oh no!! Glad you got the oven fixed. I live in fear of my dishwasher dying, I know it’s only a matter of time…

Mary @ Stylefyles — February 28, 2011 @ 9:50 pm

take care not to forget your hair appointment!

Amy @ whatjewwannaeat — February 28, 2011 @ 9:57 pm

I miss the 90s too- they were super phat!

Melissa (MelissaLikesToEat) — February 28, 2011 @ 9:58 pm

My first apartment didn’t have a dishwasher. I guess it was ok back then since i didn’t cook. I would loose my mind if I didn’t have a dishwasher now. In fact, I have TWO dishwashers now. I am spoiled.

Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life — February 28, 2011 @ 10:02 pm

I’d be so bummed if our oven broke! When I look at our cupboards stock full of kitchen supplies, I also think of a bigger kitchen while the husband thinks of limiting my spending at Williams Sonoma and C&B!

Heidi — February 28, 2011 @ 10:03 pm

Haha, your stack of pots is what my pots and pans cupboard looks like inside too. It’s an awful cupboard and I just through it all in there. Organization is not my strong suit… Oops :/

mary (what's cookin' with mary) — February 28, 2011 @ 10:13 pm

You make me smile :)

Blog is the New Black — February 28, 2011 @ 10:23 pm

Hahahahahahahhaa, dying laughing. You are hilarious!

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg — February 28, 2011 @ 10:48 pm

HA! I watched that same episode of 90210 yesterday!!! Poor Donna is about to get screwed…not literally, of course.

I’m glad you got your oven fixed!!! Yikes!!

Annie — February 28, 2011 @ 10:54 pm

I’d be so happy if our oven broke. Well, not so much with it being broken, but that would give us an excuse to get a new one. The one we have came with the house and I swear it is possessed. It cooks things in RECORD time and I always have to check and make sure that nothing is burning.

Gen — February 28, 2011 @ 11:01 pm

Can’t wait for tomorrow’s post!
    So glad you got your oven fixed! =D

Christina — February 28, 2011 @ 11:03 pm

Ah that sucks, I hate when things break!

Jessica — February 28, 2011 @ 11:11 pm

My pots and pans would look like that if my main ones weren’t hanging on the wall. I have a fairly nice sized kitchen but there is NO good storage and not nearly enough counter top space. It’s a miracle that I get any cooking done.

• Jessica — March 1st, 2011 @ 2:30 am

I feel like there will never be such a thing as “enough” counter space for me.

Kelly — February 28, 2011 @ 11:11 pm

You’re always so cute. I dream of a bigger kitchen too. It’s helpful that I am househunting so hopefully this dream can become a reality very, very soon.

Naomi(onefitfoodie) — February 28, 2011 @ 11:13 pm

haha I love that and “Ill make love to youuuuuu” Boyz II men!

Umm about making the cinnamon rolls post competitiong…I basically want to make my way through your entire website :)

Mary @ Bites and Bliss — February 28, 2011 @ 11:23 pm

Oh no!! Well, at least the cinnamon rolls were out of the oven. Ours broke one year at Thanksgiving *right* when the turkey was pulled out. They either have really good timing, or really bad timing. :P

Liz @ Tip Top Shape — February 28, 2011 @ 11:38 pm

hahaha, this post was hilarious!! Glad that your oven is fixed. Too many good recipes to be missed if it wasn’t!

Alaina — February 28, 2011 @ 11:43 pm

I refuse to move into an apartment if it doesn’t have a dishwasher.

My husband and I use All Clad pots and pans. LOVE them! But they need to be handwashed. :-)

Sarena (The Non Dairy Queen) — March 1, 2011 @ 12:20 am

We were just talking about missing the 90s! There were so many great things during that time and really…you could do no wrong. Now, you have to watch every step you take.

Lauren at Keep It Sweet — March 1, 2011 @ 1:02 am

Wow, thank gd your oven is fixed! Although, that seems like an appropriate “last meal” for the oven.

Anne Marie — March 1, 2011 @ 1:24 am

OH man, I just laughed so hard!!

You earn the title “hardcore” since you broke your oven. That’s pretty ridiculous :)

Meagan — March 1, 2011 @ 1:33 am

I’ve had a broken oven since New Year’s that will probably just need to be replaced ..eventually. I miss baking!

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey — March 1, 2011 @ 2:27 am

It’s no wonder those cinnamon rolls broke your oven. They are sinful!

Leah @ Why Deprive? — March 1, 2011 @ 3:55 am

I wish I had a dishwasher. That is the only reason I dont bake more. Too many dishes to wash by hands. I just cant do it.

Sweet Bella Roos — March 1, 2011 @ 4:48 am

At least you have a dishwasher! I swear if I didn’t have a kiddo and bf to feed I would just stop eating so that I wouldn’t have to wash the resulting dishes!!!!

Erin — March 1, 2011 @ 6:19 am

I don’t even HAVE a dishwasher!!

jann — March 1, 2011 @ 3:37 pm

i have a dishwasher but prefer to hand wash my dishes – it’s not a very good dishwasher. sometimes think i need an industrial type sink like in restaurants – spray nozzle then compartment to put dishes in to wash and then steam. that would be heaven for me.

SJ — March 1, 2011 @ 5:02 pm

I know this seems like one of those gimmicky items, but we have had a Pantree (www.pantree.com/) for awhile, and I love it. I used to hate having to dig through my pile of pots and pans; the Pantree really does help.

Amy at TheSceneFromMe — March 1, 2011 @ 7:15 pm

Oh that must be awful to have things breaking!
    I thank goodness for my new house and new appliances!

Kim in MD — March 1, 2011 @ 7:31 pm

I’m sorry to hear about your oven, Jessica! Maybe your exploding Pyrex had something to do with it?

I hope your dishwasher doesn’t break, because I don’t want you to stop cooking! I can’t for you to post your chicken with mushroom recipe! :-)

• Jessica — March 1st, 2011 @ 11:32 pm

It’s coming tomorrow! :)

Rivki Locker (Ordinary Blogger) — March 1, 2011 @ 9:57 pm

My dishwasher died recently and life stopped until it was replaced. A broken oven is pretty bad, but a broken dishwasher is a downright catastrophe.

Kathleen @ Kat's Health Corner — March 1, 2011 @ 10:10 pm

I love your pot tower! ;) I’m sorry about your dishwasher though.

Haha, you are too funny. :)

xoxo
    Kathleen

Rachel Wilkerson — March 2, 2011 @ 7:03 pm

“Every time I open the door, I envision a bigger kitchen. Every time Mr. How Sweet opens the door, he envisions living alone.”

Literal LOL at that.

Mary — March 3, 2011 @ 3:28 pm

I hope your oven didn’t break in the same way that my husband’s broke at his apartment before we were married. I was making some brownies, and opened the door to check if they were done (and thankfully they were) and the heating element in the bottom was on fire! I panicked, rescued the brownies, and yelled that the oven was on fire – my husband and his roommate came over and took care of the rest. Even though they replaced the heating element, I was still terrified to use that oven after that…

1. Pingback: Five Things. | How Sweet It Is