1. If you follow along on Facebook, you already know what I ate for dinner last night. It was this beauty:

Toasted whole grain bread with tons of mushrooms (inside and out), a bit of Kerrygold aged cheddar and kale chips. It was amazing and I am in love wish mushrooms. My veggie transformation has gone from kale -> brussels -> mushrooms. What do you think will be next?

2. Two years ago, I ran over my glasses with my car while teaching an outdoor bootcamp at 5:45 am. It’s a long story. Since then, I’ve been wearing my backup glasses and let me just come out and say it: I should not be driving with them on. I’m basically blind. So, today I decided it was finally time to get new glasses since I’ve now had two different prescriptions. I love the ones I picked up, but remember when my oven broke earlier this month? I thought that was quite the expense, but clearly it was nothing compared to my new specs.  March must be an expensive month.

3. These flowers have been living in our dining room for two weeks. TWO!

They are so pretty. I hope they live forever.

4. Update on the cake batter chocolates: I put them in the freezer, and was disappointed. They get so firm that I nearly broke a tooth! I prefer devouring them at room temperature.

5. This Trader Joe’s white cheddar popcorn is my new kryptonite.

Someone save me.

50 Responses to “Five Things.”

mitzi @ my nikon eats food — March 16, 2011 @ 6:36 pm

i’m so jealous of your dinner

Matt @ The Athlete's Plate — March 16, 2011 @ 6:37 pm

Have you ever tried Kerrygold Dubliner? It puts the cheddar to shame.

• Kate — March 16th, 2011 @ 9:45 pm

SO true! I picked some up out of curiosity one day and fell in love, so good! I love the subtle sweetness.

Kristina @ spabettie — March 16, 2011 @ 6:37 pm

1) dinner looks AMAZING !

2) I’m blind also… and picky, so my glasses are always EXPEN$IVE…

3) I love carnations – they smell good, look fluffy pretty, and last forever!! :D

4) stop that!! (no dental bill needs to be added here…)

5) it looks like PIRATES BOOOOOTY !!

Holly @ Couch Potato Athlete — March 16, 2011 @ 6:38 pm

Your dinner looks fabulous — and I love that popcorn from TJ’s — but not as much as their KettleCorn. That stuff is the best!

The Teenage Taste — March 16, 2011 @ 6:44 pm

That dinner looks amazing! I’ll have to try a grilled cheese and mushroom sandwich ASAP! :-D

J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) — March 16, 2011 @ 6:47 pm

I never heard of Kerrygold cheddar until today. Now I must find some!! If it’s half as amazing as their butter, I might eat nothing but butter and cheese for awhile. :)

Heather (Heather's Dish) — March 16, 2011 @ 6:51 pm

I think broccoli’s next! Don’t worry – if you cover it with enough cheesy goodness it’s totally awesome.

Melissa — March 16, 2011 @ 7:06 pm

A. Your dinner looks so amazing holy crap!
    B. I love carnations! The colored ones look so nice, they’re cheap, and they last forever!

VeggieGirl — March 16, 2011 @ 7:10 pm

Love this!!

Sarena (The Non Dairy Queen) — March 16, 2011 @ 7:14 pm

I need new glasses so badly…my lenses are so scratched, it’s a miracle I can even see through them. Dinner last night looks magical!

• Liz — March 17th, 2011 @ 8:46 am

Check out zennioptical.com!!! I have 10 (yes TEN!) pairs of prescription glasses from them, and 2 pairs of prescription sunglasses.

You can get a full-prescription pair of glasses for $25 or less. I AM SO NOT KIDDING. I love Zenni Optical so much.

• Erin — March 17th, 2011 @ 9:53 am

I was going to suggest global eyeglasses! Also really cheap prescription glasses (and are usually buy one get one free). You can get all kinds of fun pairs.

Noelle — March 16, 2011 @ 7:18 pm

I am glad I SO do not live near a Trader Joe’s! ;D

Liz — March 16, 2011 @ 7:21 pm

totally not food related but you have to go to America’s Best for glasses – 2 pairs and an eye exam for $69!!! BONUS! They have cute frames too. and PS… I drool over your daily eats. Thanks for sharing!

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — March 16, 2011 @ 7:26 pm

3 – I have a strange dislike for carnations.
    4 – omg… I don’t get frozen chocolates. Thaw those suckers out before eating em.
    5. you’re making me want smartfood. Maybe I’ll forget about that before grocery shopping day.

Low — March 16, 2011 @ 7:42 pm

Glasses are seriously ridiculously expensive and I suck at wearing them for longer than 5 minutes so it always feels like a waste of money.

Jen — March 16, 2011 @ 7:57 pm

Um, WOW. Your dinner last night looks amazing. It’s making me hungry. Show me anything with melted cheese and I’ll be drooling in two seconds.

Gen — March 16, 2011 @ 7:58 pm

I need new glasses because I tried out contacts and one was bothering me, but I didn’t realize that it had torn. So it scratched up my eye. Fun. My eyesight was so bad a year ago when I bought the contacts and some glasses that the saleslady at the glasses store asked me if my eye doctor had made a mistake.

I NEED that popcorn in my life…NOW! :D

Jen @ keepitsimplefoods — March 16, 2011 @ 8:04 pm

I love white cheddar popcorn/puffs. Pirate’s Booty is my all-time favorite snack that I never allow myself to have because I know I’ll inhale it in one sitting. Poof!

Katie @ Nourishing Flourishing — March 16, 2011 @ 8:10 pm

That dinner looks so goooood. Ugh, the mushrooms! You’re killing me. Delicious! I always keep flowers until they’re pretty much rotting. I think my roommates in college called me the Eternal Gardner, since I kept snipping off the ends so they would soak up water and live ;)

Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun — March 16, 2011 @ 8:10 pm

You will like my new recipe I just posted on the blog. It involves mushrooms. And cheese. And chicken for Mr. How Sweet.

And leave the cake batter chocolates in the freezer. Otherwise you will have two things of kryptonite on your hand!

• Jessica — March 16th, 2011 @ 8:50 pm

YUM!

Dishes of Mrs. Fish — March 16, 2011 @ 8:18 pm

I so need to get new glasses too. Mine are all crooked, and stretched. They make me look like a hot mess.

Melissa (MelissaLikesToEat) — March 16, 2011 @ 8:35 pm

Kerrygold butter is good too. :)

Shari @ Chicago Cuisine Critique — March 16, 2011 @ 9:17 pm

That dinner looks awesome!

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey — March 16, 2011 @ 9:20 pm

I like your “things” posts. I like your mushrooms. I like that popcorn, even though I can’t eat it. I’m done telling you what I like now.

Katelyn — March 16, 2011 @ 10:32 pm

I know how you feel about the glasses! Where i live it is buy two pairs for $200, which isn’t too bad! But then because i am so blind, my glasses lens’ have to be thinned at $180 each pair, so what should have been a $200 experience turned out to be a $540 experience :( and i don’t even wear them that often! Contacts all the way!

Amelia — March 17, 2011 @ 12:00 am

I am making that kind of dinner for my dinner tomorrow night, except no mushrooms. A grilled cheese with Kerrygold Dublinger on Great Harvest Dakota and kale chips. Mmmm!

Trader Joes popcorn is crack! I have no control.

Ashley — March 17, 2011 @ 12:30 am

Super cute post!! Your dinner is my DREAM!

Lauren at Keep It Sweet — March 17, 2011 @ 6:50 am

How have I not had that popcorn yet? I love everything white cheddar.

Danielle — March 17, 2011 @ 7:18 am

I’m blind also but found a wonderful website for cheap glasses (because I’m also a klutz!) Zenni.com has super cheap, cute glasses! Have fun! ;D

Amanda — March 17, 2011 @ 7:37 am

You gonna share a pic of you in your new frames??? :)

Amy at TheSceneFromMe — March 17, 2011 @ 9:39 am

I want to see a picture of you in your new glasses!!!

• Jessica — March 17th, 2011 @ 10:44 am

I will post one when I get them, won’t have them for about 2 weeks!

Lindsay — March 17, 2011 @ 10:59 am

Carnations get such a bad rap, but I love them. They’ve got old school charm. :)

Danielle A — March 17, 2011 @ 11:09 am

Ha ha. I love the Superman/Smallville reference for the popcorn! :D

Kathleen @ Kat's Health Corner — March 17, 2011 @ 11:31 am

Those flowers are gorgeous! A few years ago, we had one rose outside, ONE!, and it lasted all winter long. It was so gorgeous!

xoxo
    Kathleen

Jo @ Jo In the Kitchen — March 17, 2011 @ 2:03 pm

Ugh, I have to get new glasses this month too. Thank goodness for insurance!

Hannah — March 17, 2011 @ 10:09 pm

Kale -> brussels -> mushrooms -> fiddlehead ferns (really just because I’ve only ever heard of them, and want to know what they actually taste like)

becky — March 18, 2011 @ 4:20 am

Jessica, i desperately need new glasses. i got my eyes check 3 months ago and found out mine are the wrong prescription. all i have now are my contacts so if i’m not wearing them, it’s def not 20/20. the frames that looked best on me were very expensive so i’m having to save up to buy them. i cannot wait to see yours :) the ones i’m getting are bcbg and kinda a retro greenish color. xo

Maranda — March 19, 2011 @ 12:17 pm

That sandwich looks amazing! The Hubble hates mushrooms so I never get to have them. Boo faces!

Kristine — March 23, 2011 @ 12:59 am

Can’t wait to see your new glasses! There were some good websites for more affordable choices here. I get mine from America’s Best and am happy with the glasses and cost. Too bad there aren’t more affordable choices for dental out there :( We have our own small business, and it gets so expensive with healt care costs… On a happier note, love your toasted sammy w/ cheese and mushrooms!

Laís Ribeiro — September 17, 2011 @ 12:26 pm

Hi,
    i just want to say that this recipe changed my life! :)
    Can i add cocoa powder?
    Thanks a lot!

Laís Ribeiro — September 17, 2011 @ 12:27 pm

I’m sorry, i was talking about the cupcake for 2 :)

Jerry Heys — June 20, 2013 @ 3:33 pm

Ophthalmologists are physicians. They went to medical school. After school, they had a one-year internship and a residency of three or more years.*”";

Remember to look into this useful web site http://healthmedicinebook.comae

1. Pingback: Spring is Springing. | How Sweet It Is