I just had to share my delicious breakfast with you. I am still thinking about how good it was, and I ate it hours ago. I might have to make it for lunch too.

Since I’m so obsessed with mushrooms now, I sauteed a handful of mushrooms, then mixed in four egg whites and a ton of fresh basil. On the side, I had a leftover piece of grilled herb bread from our dinner party last night.

And… I had to eat it with this giant three-prong serving fork. It’s literally bigger than my forearm.

We are completely out of utensils! No forks, spoons, knives – and we have tons of them. The majority are in the dishwasher and the others are dirty in the sink. And I was too lazy to wash one of those. At least I wasn’t too lazy to make breakfast.

What did you have for breakfast today?

54 Responses to “For Breakfast.”

Jil @ Big City, Lil' Kitchen — March 5, 2011 @ 6:06 pm

That scramble sounds awesome – love the use of basil.

Stacy — March 5, 2011 @ 6:07 pm

Banana pancakes!! :) And your breakfast looks delicious – I LOVE mushrooms

Chrissy — March 5, 2011 @ 6:12 pm

Buttered toast… simple but I love it. All week I’ve had a peanut butter sandwich, Greek yogurt, and 2 pieces of fruit. Tell you what, I didn’t even THINK about lunch for hours and hours!

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey — March 5, 2011 @ 6:15 pm

That looks delicious – I had chocolate sweet potato oatmeal.

• Rebecca — March 5th, 2011 @ 9:30 pm

Oh my geeezus. That sounds amazing, chocolate and sweet potato? Just add some coconut and peanut butter and maybe a banana and it’s heaven. Post a recipe soon? :) plus i’m not a big mushroom fan but this breakfast looks delish!

Christine — March 5, 2011 @ 6:16 pm

apple gingerbread pancakes!!!! williams-sonoma style! :) thought of you cuz i made em healthy with kefir and whole wheat flour!

Erika @ FoodFitnessFun — March 5, 2011 @ 6:25 pm

I HATE when all of my utensils are dirty. Usually I just eat with a plastic one when that happens. Yeah, I’m classy. ;-)

Cat @ YoungHungryFoolish — March 5, 2011 @ 6:35 pm

That looks delish – might be the secret to getting me to like mushrooms. I’m visiting my parents so I had oatmeal with walnuts and cranberries, which is a treat since I’m too cheap to buy walnuts OR cranberries (at the same time at least) when fending for myself. Plus, humdrum food tastes better at home.

Casey @ Insatiably Healthy — March 5, 2011 @ 6:37 pm

That mushroom scramble looks like heaven (a vitamin D enriched heaven)
    I had lemon blueberry vegan french toast. DE-vine

Heidi — March 5, 2011 @ 6:39 pm

Yum! That looks great. I’ve been craving mushrooms lately :) I hate running out of cutlery too! We specifically went to the second hand store to get spares just in case. They’re aren’t pretty but better than having to wash a spoon or fork when your food is already made! Oh, and I had a green smoothie. They usually don’t fill me up till lunch but I’m sick today :(

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — March 5, 2011 @ 6:41 pm

I had oatmeal made with vanilla almond breeze, then topped with chocolate chips, white chocolate PB, coconut and pineapple. Lunch was some eggs!

Amanda- The Nutritionist Reviews — March 5, 2011 @ 7:01 pm

Haha I love the huge fork! Too funny.

Gen — March 5, 2011 @ 7:13 pm

I loove scrambles! That looks delicious! =D

Katie — March 5, 2011 @ 7:18 pm

I haven’t had a savory breakfast in forever…this looks delicious. I love big hunks of bread for breakfast.

Kath — March 5, 2011 @ 7:57 pm

Egg over medium, hash browns and a whole wheat English muffin at our favorite local breakfast joint!

Fallon — March 5, 2011 @ 8:00 pm

I couldn’t have a huge breakfast this morning because I went to the gym at 9am. So I ate a whole wheat tortilla stuffed with peanut butter, peach jam and ground flaxseed, with a banana on the side!

Alicia — March 5, 2011 @ 8:03 pm

So far, two chocolate chip cookies I made last night.

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) — March 5, 2011 @ 8:33 pm

Breakfast? At 6am I had popcorn with nooch, choc chips, coconut oil, a special K bar, some edamame dipped in hot mustard, and then I went to bed :)

Chelsey (Cookteen) — March 5, 2011 @ 9:20 pm

I tried to make these. To say they “fell short” is an understatement, they rose only to completely sink once flipped :(

Sarena (The Non Dairy Queen) — March 5, 2011 @ 9:32 pm

I had pumpkin oats! I have been on a huge mushroom kick lately too…sauteed mushrooms on a baked potato with massive amounts of hummus…totally hits the spot!

Courtney — March 5, 2011 @ 9:33 pm

Shrooms will be in my dinner tonight. Egg whites sounds pretty good, too, haha. Breakfast for dinner?

MelissaNibbles — March 5, 2011 @ 9:34 pm

I love mushrooms. I could eat them in anything.

Stacey — March 5, 2011 @ 9:35 pm

Your blog always makes me drool!! Glad I’m not the only lazy girl around here. ;)

Alaina — March 5, 2011 @ 9:38 pm

If I liked mushrooms, that might look good. Put in peppers and onions and I’m there!

I had a bowl of oatmeal with strawberries, granola, coconut and chocolate chips. Then my roommate offered some scrambled eggs mixed with whipped cream cheese; I had a bit of that too. ;-)

Amanda @ The Artsy Kitchen — March 5, 2011 @ 9:41 pm

That pretty much looks amazing! I had pancakes topped with sunflower butter, bananas, blueberries and coconut cream. It was really, really good! Might have to try this next time I’m craving a savory breakfast, I love the addition of basil!!

Terry — March 5, 2011 @ 9:45 pm

A piece of cake from Bethel Bakery – totally amazing and soooo worth the sugar coma afterward!

Debbie — March 5, 2011 @ 9:52 pm

I’m in the Eatin’ Breakfast With a Serving Utensil Club too. I’m also in the Eatin’ Breakfast With a Toddler Spoon Club. Not today, though. It tends to happen after I’ve been decorating a cake and I used every spoon to mix various colors of frosting.

Today’s breakfast was Kashi Honey Sunshine cereal. And then I went out and stood in the rain waiting to get into a mom-to-mom sale. Honey sunshine, my ass.

• Jessica — March 5th, 2011 @ 10:00 pm

Oh man I’m literally laughing out loud. Hahahah!

Kristen@PrettySweet — March 5, 2011 @ 10:33 pm

You’re gonna have to stop that! You’re making me *want* to like mushrooms, but I just can’t go there. They’re squishy. Shudder…

Rebecca — March 5, 2011 @ 10:34 pm

A sesame bagel made fresh at my favorite bakery with veggie cream cheese

Nicole @ Geek Turned Athlete — March 5, 2011 @ 10:35 pm

haha. I love it. Sometimes we run out of clean bowls and I will use a huge salad bowl for my cereal. I feel like a kid again!

Andrea@Vegvacious — March 5, 2011 @ 11:19 pm

I’m not crazy over egg whites, but in this scramble I think I would be willing to give them a try. It looks like a breakfast for champions if you ask me!!

Annie — March 6, 2011 @ 12:03 am

I made brown sugar cinnamon vanilla belgin waffles. So. Friggin. Good.

Hannah — March 6, 2011 @ 12:25 am

Oooh, this is messing with my mind. In the photo, that seems like a tiny, tiny fork to me. Oooooh.

susan — March 6, 2011 @ 12:44 am

Kumquat bread with lemon curd!

Mary (What's Cookin' with Mary) — March 6, 2011 @ 1:34 am

Savory oats ;)

• Jessica — March 6th, 2011 @ 3:38 am

You are brave! I am scared of savory oats.

Low — March 6, 2011 @ 1:59 am

I wish I liked mushrooms, because that looks really delicious. I had oatmeal for breakfast and slurped it down in 30 seconds. It was not glamorous.

Lori Lynn — March 6, 2011 @ 2:18 am

I had a Luna protein bar and coffee.

Melissa — March 6, 2011 @ 3:01 am

That fork made me laugh out loud! YOU make me laugh out loud! Thanks for that! :)

Jane — March 6, 2011 @ 3:52 am

We had overnight blueberry almond French toast and an overnight casserole with shredded potatoes, cheddar cheese, eggs, green and red pepper, and onion. YUMMY!

Michelle @ HER — March 6, 2011 @ 4:50 am

Oatmeal with peanut butter, egg, and honey mixed in. This gives me my protein fix. And I love the creaminess the peanut butter adds.

Naomi(onefitfoodie) — March 6, 2011 @ 1:25 pm

and after seeing that buttery bread, Im off to the CSF studio for a workout LOL

xoxoxoxoox

elle marie — March 6, 2011 @ 1:25 pm

I’ve been there before..oh wait.. right about now.. the dishwasher is full, and I have dishes in the skink waiting for the dishwasher to finish because… my hands are so dry from washing dishes…. I need gloves… I’ve never been a glove wearer.. but I must..

That bread there looks mighty delish..

Amanda — March 6, 2011 @ 1:36 pm

I am eating it now… oatmeal and hot cocoa! :)

Jenny — March 6, 2011 @ 1:56 pm

Wish I liked mushrooms, maybe we should reconcile our differences.

Marta — March 6, 2011 @ 2:15 pm

I invite you try my favorite Spanish breakfast! (which I had yesterday, today and tomorrow):
    Grate a tomato (no skin) in a small bowl, add a spurt of good Spanish olive oil (HAS to be Spanish), add some oregano and salt.
    Then, toast a couple of slices of bread and scratch a clove of garlic on them. With a spoon spread the tomato mix on top… mmmmmmm
    So easy and so tasty.
    You will thank me for that.
    I’m personally obsesed with garlic so I actually grate half a clove (or more…) and add it to the mix… That’s up to you :)
    ¡Que aproveche! ^_^ and wish you a beautiful day!

Anne — March 6, 2011 @ 3:56 pm

That looks fantastic I love mushroons I also mix in some extra spinach with my mushrooms and eggwhites, wild mushrooms with some good dried white whie.

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — March 6, 2011 @ 4:04 pm

It’s not fair that you’re making me want buttery garlic bread or something similar right now… okay well it is almost lunch so I guess that’s okay. You’re forgiven ;)

Rivki Locker (Ordinary Blogger) — March 6, 2011 @ 9:04 pm

I love when I have leftovers good enough to build breakfast around. I was ambitious this morning – homemade scones and tea with milk. And, no, I am not English. Just felt like eating elegantly today! For no good reason. :)

Jess — March 7, 2011 @ 3:27 pm

i ate my usual breakfast this morning; whole wheat english muffin, natural peanut butter (but crunchy! something new for me) topped with a banana.
    the egg whites and mushrooms is more like dinner for me, especially with the garlic bread. p.s. isn’t breakfast for dinner the best?

Jenn AKA The Leftover Queen — March 7, 2011 @ 11:28 pm

Awesome! I like it – mushrooms are so good!

Jenn AKA The Leftover Queen — March 7, 2011 @ 11:28 pm

…and a vegetable. Well I guess fungi technically, I bet that what allows you to eat them, the technicality. ;)