So… you want to know what kind of peanut butter was in that peanut butter and jelly snack cake?

It would be these peanuts.

Churned into this.

Then swirled into this.

Oh… with a little bit of this throw in.

And changing this beauty…

…into this.

Please.

I think we all know my deep obsession with white chocolate wonderful peanut butter. What we don’t all know is how serious my jar-a-week habit is. Well, I know. Mr. How Sweet knows.

Our bank account knows.

My jeans know.

Something had to be done.

So last weekend I snapped out of my peanut butter addiction denial and whipped up a batch. Then I ate it. And I put some in that cake. Then I ate the rest. It tastes just like white chocolate wonderful. But it’s even creamier. It’s like silk. Silk in peanut butter form.

Don’t mind me. I’m going to go die now.

Homemade White Chocolate Peanut Butter

makes about 3/4 cup

1 1/2 cups dry, roasted peanuts (I used salted)

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil

1/3 cup white chocolate chips/chunks/bars, melted

Add peanuts to a food processor and blend until a thick nut butter forms. Stream in oil and vanilla with the processor on, continuing to run it until the mixture is smooth – this took me about 3-4 minutes. You can add more oil if needed, just do it in small increments. Turn off processor, add melted chocolate, and turn processor back on. Blend until smooth.

I kept mine at room temperature for a week, but I do recommend refrigerating the butter if you want to keep it for a few weeks.

This jar was gone by yesterday. Somebody send me to peanut butter rehab!

198 Responses to “Homemade White Chocolate Peanut Butter.”

The Teenage Taste — March 11, 2011 @ 7:50 am

Hey, I think someone needs to send me to peanut butter rehab too! I love PB&Co.’s White Chocolate Wonderful, so not only will I love this but it will also save me some money. Yay! I love your pictures – they’re beautiful! :-D

Matt @ The Athlete's Plate — March 11, 2011 @ 7:52 am

Looks freaking awesome.

VeggieGirl — March 11, 2011 @ 7:53 am

I’ll join you in rehab ;)

Katrina — March 11, 2011 @ 7:53 am

Oh my goodness! This looks so tasty. I want to make peanut butter pancakes and smother them in this!

Hannah — March 11, 2011 @ 7:54 am

Guess what guess what guess what!!! After years and years of my wishing and hoping, last week USA Foods in Melbourne started stocking PB&Co peanut butters. I’m so excited I could cry.

(I bet it’s still cheaper for me to make your recipe though :P)

• Jessica — March 11th, 2011 @ 7:59 am

Yay! So happy for you. I have been eating them for years (long before I started blogging) so trust me when I say that this tastes JUST like white chocolate wonderful!!

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) — March 11, 2011 @ 8:00 am

Oh you are a bad, bad girl! And I love it :)

Between you and Jenny’s PB recipes the past two days with white chocolate, I am having a serious “must make this now” type feeling!!

There is something so perfect about white choc + PB. It’s just…divine!

J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) — March 11, 2011 @ 8:01 am

I love white chocolate wonderful, too! That looks absolutely divine! Yummmmm!

Hannah (Hannah Lives) — March 11, 2011 @ 8:06 am

This could be a very big problem. A VERY big problem. Endless combinations… Dark Chocolate Almond Butter (with sea salt), Maple Walnut Butter, Maple Cinnamon Pecan Butter, White Chocolate Macadamia Butter…. My jeans have just declared you enemy number one.

Blond Duck — March 11, 2011 @ 8:11 am

Why did I see this before I went to the grocery store? Why?

Gen — March 11, 2011 @ 8:12 am

Oh my word! That looks amazing! =D
    I want to make my own nut butters (i’m thinking cashew/peanut, or chocolate cashew, or brazil nut or pretty much any other nut butter!) here because they don’t sell them…how long does it take in a food processor?

• Jessica — March 11th, 2011 @ 8:14 am

It’s going to depend on the power of your food processor, but it takes less than 10 minutes!

• Gen — March 11th, 2011 @ 10:43 am

Oh ok! Thanks!!!

Lauren at Keep It Sweet — March 11, 2011 @ 8:12 am

Homemade peanut butter is just so good and yours looks perfectly creamy! No wonder it disappeared quickly!

Estela @ Weekly Bite — March 11, 2011 @ 8:13 am

Wow! Amazing!!

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey — March 11, 2011 @ 8:23 am

If peanut butter rehab existed, I would have already been there multiple times. Embrace it. It’s a beautiful thing.

KM — March 11, 2011 @ 8:26 am

You just made my day! I can’t wait to try this.

Amy at TheSceneFromMe — March 11, 2011 @ 8:33 am

Oh wow, I love the White Chocolate Wondeful and now can gladly make my own to taste just like it!
    You must work out really hard to be able to eat all this stuff daily Jessica. Please do share your secrets!!

• Jessica — March 11th, 2011 @ 8:49 am

Hahaha no secrets… making food is my job!

Melanie — March 11, 2011 @ 8:39 am

That looks amazing……

Cindy Coniglio — March 11, 2011 @ 8:40 am

You know my addiction to peanut butter.. HELP!!!

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) — March 11, 2011 @ 8:40 am

Making your own nut butters can be more addicting than buying them. The flavor options are endless so I always keep imagining something new and then you know I have to try it. This looks delicious!

Lindsay @ Pinch of Yum — March 11, 2011 @ 8:52 am

Holy moly. This looks so good, like I might try to drink it out of the jar. I have always been afraid to try making peanut butter for some reason… maybe because of the quality (or lack thereof) of my food processor. What brand of food processor do you use?

• Jessica — March 11th, 2011 @ 8:53 am

I have a giant Cuisinart. Love it!

Heather — March 11, 2011 @ 9:03 am

i’ve never tried white chocolate wonderful, but i don’t know why i would now. HOLY.

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat — March 11, 2011 @ 9:03 am

Oooh this is something I’ve been meaning to try! I adore my food processor and how much faster it is at pureeing things than the blender I used to use. I think I’m going to make some with a whackload of cinnamon.. sort of like PB&Co cinnamon raisin swirl. Yours looks lovely!

Madeline - Greens and Jeans — March 11, 2011 @ 9:04 am

;alskdfj;alksjdf;lkasdf. there are no words.

Kim in MD — March 11, 2011 @ 9:07 am

YUM! I want to grab a giant spoon and eat this for breakfast!

Beth @ Beth's Journey to Thin — March 11, 2011 @ 9:12 am

I don’t know why I don’t make my own nut butter. This looks incredible!!

Elizabeth@The Sweet Life — March 11, 2011 @ 9:16 am

WOW. Enough said!

Camille — March 11, 2011 @ 9:20 am

Oh dear. I should probably never make this because I would probably develop a jar-a-day habit.

Vicky @ Recipe Adaptors — March 11, 2011 @ 9:23 am

I have a jar of peanut butter in the fridge, but I avoid opening it. Not because I don’t like it, but because if I open it then the whole thing will be gone within approximately 1 second.

And I only say 1 second because that is the smallest amount of time I can measure on my watch.

Maryea {Happy Healthy Mama} — March 11, 2011 @ 9:25 am

You are killing me. I gave up all nut butters for lent, which means I should probably also give up reading food blogs if I actually want to make it the entire 40 days!

• Jessica — March 11th, 2011 @ 9:30 am

Oh man… that is a sacrifice!

Kylie @ A Hungry Spoon — March 11, 2011 @ 9:25 am

AH! Pure. Delicious-ness. I’m still working on my first jar of White Chocolate Wonderful–my friend sent it to me for my birthday and I’ve savoring a bite (or 4) every day since :)

• Jessica — March 11th, 2011 @ 9:30 am

Please tell me your birthday was last week. Otherwise I have NO clue how you still have your first jar!

Erica — March 11, 2011 @ 9:28 am

I’m not a big white chocolate fan- but I do enjoy it in certain recipes. I’m wondering if I’d like this. Maybe I’ll buy some of the PB&Co version to test it out first! Great recipe- looks so creamy

• Jessica — March 11th, 2011 @ 9:29 am

I promise you would. I don’t really love white chocolate either unless it’s in some sort of other dark chocolate dessert.

Lauren @ Healthy Food For Living — March 11, 2011 @ 9:29 am

I also looove White Chocolate Wonderful, (and am giving away a jar, if you’re interested! http://bit.ly/hT73tM). This homemade version will definitely be made soon :).

megan @ whatmegansmaking — March 11, 2011 @ 9:32 am

yes! I can’t wait to try this. I seriously need a better food processor. My little free one (won from dave and buster’s if you can believe it) leaks and tends to give up on anything difficult. As soon as I get one, this is on the list. I can’t wait!!

• Jessica — March 11th, 2011 @ 9:37 am

I love my mini food processor too, but it can’t do much more for me that chop veggies and whip up some single servings pancakes, etc. It would die if I tried to make nutbutter!

Amanda-The Nutritionist Reviews — March 11, 2011 @ 9:32 am

I can’t believe that it actually gets that creamy! How awesome!

• Jessica — March 11th, 2011 @ 9:36 am

It was by far the creamiest peanut butter I’ve ever had!

Jenny — March 11, 2011 @ 9:39 am

i don’t know how many times I’ve said this but I NEED A FOOD PROCESSOR. How can i make ANYTHING without it? :( looks delicious, i love white wonderful pb!

Liz — March 11, 2011 @ 9:42 am

I actually bought some White Chocolate Wonderful PB last night – believe it or not it’s sold at Wal-mart down here in SC..I almost fell over!! Hopefully it will last the weekend, but if not, I plan on making this homemade one. YUM!

Jane B — March 11, 2011 @ 9:53 am

I have a massive bag of white chocolate which needs using up…my tastebuds thank you in advance for this solution, even if I will be living in stretchy pants for the next little while…

Kelly — March 11, 2011 @ 10:06 am

Peanut Butter is so addictive! I swear…I think it is secretly laced with crack.

Jen @ keepitsimplefoods — March 11, 2011 @ 10:07 am

This looks terrific! I made dark chocolate almond butter a few weeks back and used cocoa powder rather than melted chocolate so that it wouldn’t be runny, but this looks so creamy I’ll have to try making it this way.

• Jessica — March 11th, 2011 @ 10:12 am

I have always used cocoa powder when making chocolate nut butters too. This was my first time using regular melted chocolate! It certainly isn’t as healthy but it tastes so much better.

Holly @ Couch Potato Athlete — March 11, 2011 @ 10:14 am

I love White Choc Wonderful — this looks so delicious!

brandi — March 11, 2011 @ 10:18 am

One more reason I have to get a food processor. That white chocolate wonderful pb is my kryptonite.

Victoria (District Chocoholic) — March 11, 2011 @ 10:18 am

Do you know that some people have the nerve to say that white chocolate isn’t really chocolate? I think you should make them watch you eat spoonfulls of this delicious stuff until they admit they are wrong.

• Jessica — March 11th, 2011 @ 10:21 am

Hahahah! Isn’t is cocoa butter or something?

• Victoria (District Chocoholic) — March 11th, 2011 @ 10:25 am

Well, here’s the thing: TRUE white chocolate has cocoa butter, milk, sugar, and usually vanilla. Most chocolate makers deodorize the cocoa butter so it has no chocolate flavor, but some, such as Callebaut, don’t, which gives the final product a more complex flavor.

Now, if you pick up white baking chips at the grocery store, those usually have no cocoa butter, and instead have vegetable oil. This is why they don’t melt as well.

Wow I’m a nerd. Sorry.

• Jessica — March 11th, 2011 @ 10:39 am

Gotcha! That would be why melting white chocolate chips is always a disaster… I can’t stand them. That’s why I use the good stuff!

• Julie @SavvyEats — March 11th, 2011 @ 3:13 pm

This comment thread makes me happy.

Cookin' Canuck — March 11, 2011 @ 10:29 am

Oh my goodness, what a dangerous treat. Sound wonderful!

Fit Chick Britt — March 11, 2011 @ 10:30 am

Oh my. This looks so good. I thought I was the only person with a jar a week problem.

Lindsay @Eat, Knit, Grow — March 11, 2011 @ 10:30 am

Wow! That looks amazing and delicious! I would never have thought to make my own. I might have to try this!

Vanessa — March 11, 2011 @ 10:31 am

This looks amazing! How would you store this? Does it need to be refrigerated?(Assuming the jar survives a whole day in my house)

• Jessica — March 11th, 2011 @ 10:35 am

Excellent question! I kept mine out, but that’s because I don’t like cold, hard peanut butter. I do suggest refrigerating it though to keep it a few weeks. I’ll add that in there now. :)

Sonya — March 11, 2011 @ 10:33 am

I have recently discovered the awesomeness that is white chocolate wonderful.can’t wait to make some from scratch!!

Amanda — March 11, 2011 @ 10:35 am

What are you trying to do to me woman?!?! I have printed more recipes from your blog just this week than ever before! Every time I stop at your blog I end up with some pretty intense pregnancy cravings!

Nourhan @ Miss Anthropist's Kitchen — March 11, 2011 @ 10:35 am

I am…in love. This is a recipe I will bookmark and make asap! :)

Evan Thomas — March 11, 2011 @ 10:35 am

Dear Lord, there goes all of my inhibitions.

Lee @ Fit Foodie Finds — March 11, 2011 @ 10:38 am

never thought about melting choco into pb! DANGER DANGER! I wouldn’t be able to contain myself…

1 2 3 4

1. Pingback: Latest Chocolate Auctions | Chocolate Recipes for You

2. Pingback: White Chocolate Peanut Butter | Food Doodles

3. Pingback: Cooking Challenge Day #42 – Homemade White Chocolate Peanut Butter « Ella Rose Entertaining

4. Pingback: » Mixed Fruit & Nut Butter Keep It Sweet

5. Pingback: Hearting You With Links « the domestic fringe

6. Pingback: Homemade Hazelnut Butter

7. Pingback: Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Meringue Cookies | How Sweet It Is

8. Pingback: Homemade White Chocolate Peanut Butter « Warm Vanilla Sugar

9. Pingback: Replace Packaged Foods with Real Foods

10. Pingback: Gettin’ nuttay « slotheatz

11. Pingback: White Chocolate Peanut Butter Swirl Pound Cake The Food Bitch Blog

12. Pingback: White Chocolate Vanilla Bean Pistachio Butter | Ari's Menu

13. Pingback: 30 White Chocolate Wonderful Recipes - Something Swanky

14. Pingback: Hear ye, Hear ye, Eat All About It, It’s National White Chocolate Day! | Kitchology Blog

15. Pingback: It’s National White Chocolate Day! How Are YOU Celebrating?Kitchology Blog | Kitchology Blog

16. Pingback: White Chocolate Peanut Butter - Food Doodles