How did I not know that THESE existed? I don’t even have words.

I spent 60 minutes over the weekend trying to convince Mr. How Sweet to eat one meatless meal… even if it’s like, grilled cheese. He says that would be impossible, because then “he’d have to eat fish 8 times a day.” I also asked him why he bought a 4lb container of animal crackers filled with high fructose corn syrup. He said, “I watch those commercials. That stuff is just sugar.”

Okay.

If you are looking for a recipe to make during Lent, may I suggest this?

I hear that eating things like this during Lent makes them calorie free.

39 Responses to “Three Things.”

BrightBakes — March 9, 2011 @ 8:07 pm

I must know! What is that delicious looking casserole? Good thing I don’t give up anything for lent. Nothing edible anyway!! :)
    cathy b.

• BrightBakes — March 9th, 2011 @ 8:08 pm

ahh…just caught the hyperlink. I think I’ll make two of these this weekend….

Beth @ Beth's Journey to Thin — March 9, 2011 @ 8:13 pm

Hahah good reasoning on the animal crackers Mr. How Sweet! =)

Elizabeth@The Sweet Life — March 9, 2011 @ 8:16 pm

Oh husbands and their crazy logic!!!! :-)

Lauren at Keep It Sweet — March 9, 2011 @ 9:23 pm

WOW, those s’mores look out of this world!

Jil @ Big City, Lil' Kitchen — March 9, 2011 @ 9:48 pm

Ohh, the pierogi casserole – looks soo good!

Kristen @ Change of Pace — March 9, 2011 @ 10:36 pm

My husband is the same way. It literally pains him to eat a meal meatfree. He is a little bit ridiculous about it. That recipe looks totally fat free.

Annette@EnjoyYourHealthyLife — March 9, 2011 @ 10:37 pm

he’s got some awesome answers :) That casserole thing looks like something my husband would love….

Naomi — March 9, 2011 @ 10:41 pm

hahahaha i wish i was a fly on the wall sometimes to listen to the convo’s between you two :)

Hannah — March 9, 2011 @ 10:41 pm

Brilliant! We all know that commercials speak the truth ;)

Sarah — March 9, 2011 @ 11:11 pm

I thought you should see this. It’s pretty much low-cal, fat free bacon indulgence!

• Jessica — March 9th, 2011 @ 11:19 pm

Hahahah! I have seen this!

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey — March 9, 2011 @ 11:41 pm

You’re a rockstar. You’re always making things calorie free for me. I love you, but I don’t love HFCS. Tell Mr. How Sweet he needs to stop watching those commercials.

Erika @ FoodFitnessFun — March 9, 2011 @ 11:48 pm

Pshhh, I wish that were true! That cassarole is on my “to-make list” anyways. ;-)

Jessica — March 10, 2011 @ 12:04 am

I love making marshmallow but I don’t think I would like beer ones, beer’s not my thing. Chocolate and bacon on the other hand… wow. Even J might eat chocolate if if had bacon in it. (Yes I married a man who doesn’t like chocolate, don’t get me started…)

Alaina — March 10, 2011 @ 12:06 am

There’s a restaurant in Boston that serves beer and bacon mac n cheese. Awesome! :-)

Mary @ Bites and Bliss — March 10, 2011 @ 12:25 am

Never heard of the calorie-free Lent thing..but I’ll go with it. ;)

Paige @ Running Around Normal — March 10, 2011 @ 12:30 am

HA! Jess my husband says the exact same thing about HFCS. Sugar’s sugar! He says :-P

Dishes of Mrs. Fish — March 10, 2011 @ 12:44 am

I don’t eat a lot of fried foods, but I have NO problem eating massive quantities of fried fish, fries, and anything else they serve at Lenten fish fries. You know because “it’s Lent, it’s okay.” :)

Amy at TheSceneFromMe — March 10, 2011 @ 1:20 am

I’d eat that casserole any time of the day!

mitzi @ my nikon eats food — March 10, 2011 @ 1:55 am

i’m impressed by anyone who can get their man to not eat meat. i’m a bit of a meat monster (what my parents called me growing up) too, so i can’t say anything! =P

Kath — March 10, 2011 @ 2:07 am

Beer marshmallows!?!?

Lark — March 10, 2011 @ 2:17 am

So. Just so you know, I’ve stumbled across your amazingfantasticawesomesauce blog the same week I pledges to lose 35 pounds by September. I know I SHOULD probably press the little ‘x’ button now and save myself, but instead I’ve logged you in ‘Favourites’.

Oh, willpower. When did you abandon me?

But anyways. Thank you thank you thank you for posting such deliciousness for mine eyes to devour. <3

• Jessica — March 10th, 2011 @ 11:42 am

Thank you Lark!!

Caitlin — March 10, 2011 @ 4:16 am

“I watch those commercials. That stuff is just sugar.”

O.M.G. Literally laughing at that one…I can just hear him!

Kristin — March 10, 2011 @ 5:21 am

haaahahaha! Your husband is hilarious, I love the high frutose commerical comment!!

Kristina — March 10, 2011 @ 12:54 pm

Yep, definitely making the “calorie-free” Lent pierogi casserole =) Thank you!

Kim in MD — March 10, 2011 @ 2:18 pm

You and Mr. How Sweet are so funny! Thanks for the reminder that I need to make the pierogi casserole…YUM! Oh- at your suggestion I will add bacon! :-)

Katie@Just Because Katie — March 10, 2011 @ 3:13 pm

Looks Delicious!!!

Leah @ Beyer Beware — March 10, 2011 @ 4:21 pm

Your husband and my husband have the same view on meatless and HFCS. My husband tried a throwback pepsi and didn’t even finish it. I can’t lie though, I think everything is ok in moderation, so I don’t keep HFCS out of my house. But we do have grilled cheese sandwiches at our house. Granted my husband puts about 8 ounces of velveeta on his sandwich. Not really sure that counts as cheese!

• Jessica — March 10th, 2011 @ 4:25 pm

Totally agree with you Leah!

Lora @cakeduchess — March 11, 2011 @ 5:46 am

What a gorgeous little snack cake:)My kiddos would gobble it up. Love all the pretty jelly and how it’s even a little healthy;)

Lindsey — March 11, 2011 @ 5:50 am

I cooked dinner for the first time last week, I’m seventeen, and I used this pierogi casserole recipe. It was wonderful and everybody loved it. My mom wants me to make it again tomorrow. :D Such a lovely recipe, thank you for sharing it.

Happy When Not Hungry — March 11, 2011 @ 7:04 am

This looks delicious! Love your post!

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — March 11, 2011 @ 9:02 am

I want those smores!!!! OH MY!!!

Abi — March 11, 2011 @ 4:25 pm

Hiya Jessica! I adore your blog and you are so funny and gorgeous! Yesterday I found myself 80 pages back from the start…. I then fell to the floor in a food coma, my eyes burning from looking at so much deliciousness.
    I was really wondering what treadmill do you use? I’m thinking of getting one and your’s sounds like a pretty good one?.
    Keep up the amazing blogging! <3
    P.S Don't worry about your wandering around in your old highschool sweats all day…… I do too….. mine usually end up with cake mix of some form on them… but enough of that.
    ^_^

• Jessica — March 11th, 2011 @ 4:51 pm

Hi Abi! Thanks so much!

Honestly, I actually hate treadmills. We had one that my grandparents gave us, but it broke a few weeks ago. I am not even sure what kind it was. I was only using the treadmill a lot because I took a hiatus from the gym when I quit my job. But I’m back at the gym… I think those treadmills are Precor?

• Abi — March 11th, 2011 @ 5:51 pm

Your welcome!
        Oh well in that case I shall just keep running. It’s probably much nicer running outside in the fresh air anyway?
        Thanks so much for replying!

Maranda — March 12, 2011 @ 2:00 pm

Oh pierogi! You make my heart sing! And in casserole form…we will frolic through the tulips…